Metro Last Light Console vs. PC

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

Fair enough. I guess I'm biased since stealth is my favorite. I generally like any game at least a little that gives you even a crappy stealth option.donalbane

I'm becoming a fan of the stealth option in games more and more. Liked it in Far Cry 3 and I only played stealthily on my multiple playthroughs of Dishonored, eventhough I loved Dark Messiahs sword fighting and action and Dishonored was an improvement on that. :)

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

:lol:

First game was absolutely 'meh'.

This one looks no different.

Obviously_Right

http://www.gamespot.com/metro-last-light/reviews/metro-last-light-review-6408240/

AAA. Best on PC.

Destroyed :lol:

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
It's fifty buckaroos on the PC and sixty on consoles. The PC version is graphically superior and doesn't run at powerpoint mode, unlike the console versions. This isn't a debatable question.
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

I just hope 4A improved the character models. I really enjoyed Metro 2033, but the horrible plastic-looking faces killed the immersion for me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#105 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the stealth in far cry 3 was sweet.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

With a game like Metro Last Light you're better off on the PC for two major reasons. The first being graphics. The gap between the PC and the consoles are going to be huge with this game. They've made many improvements to the PC version of the game and have fleshed out the DX11 renderer so it runs better and looks better at the same time.

The second big reason is the devs have decided to support modding on the PC this time around. Expect custom maps, mods, and who knows what other creations people come up with a few months after launch. It will have more longevity.

R4gn4r0k

Also a big plus is M/KB support. Playing FPS with a controller is ok, but it's just not the same as with mouse and keyboard.

Keeping that in mind and the things you said, plus the fact that the PC version is 10 $ cheaper, it's the superior multiplat by far in this case.

I've played FPS with k/m and I much prefer a controller but I know I'm the minority
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#107 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

With a game like Metro Last Light you're better off on the PC for two major reasons. The first being graphics. The gap between the PC and the consoles are going to be huge with this game. They've made many improvements to the PC version of the game and have fleshed out the DX11 renderer so it runs better and looks better at the same time.

The second big reason is the devs have decided to support modding on the PC this time around. Expect custom maps, mods, and who knows what other creations people come up with a few months after launch. It will have more longevity.

onewiththegame

Also a big plus is M/KB support. Playing FPS with a controller is ok, but it's just not the same as with mouse and keyboard.

Keeping that in mind and the things you said, plus the fact that the PC version is 10 $ cheaper, it's the superior multiplat by far in this case.

I've played FPS with k/m and I much prefer a controller but I know I'm the minority

Same here. I love having both options, though.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="Freeman233"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] yeah right. u are one of those casual console gamer who think PC gaming is just for graphics. right?Cyberdot

well you hermits only care about graphics

No.

PC gamers still play old games.

Games with longevity. Imagine that.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Apparently it runs like sh*t on AMD cards :( can anyone confirm deny this?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 donalbane

Apparently it runs like sh*t on AMD cards :( can anyone confirm deny this?

musalala
If you have an ATI card, you shouldn't use tessellation or Advanced PhysX. As far as I know, disabling these makes it run well, albeit without the aformentioned features.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#111 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

That particular cloth animation mentioend above was canned - precomputed, and it's the same on both paltforms.

However, 99% of the rest of softbodies/cloth materials in the game (banners for example) feature dynamic but very basic physx based interactions - again, on both platforms. The PC version, however adds enhanced Physx interactions to these materials (and to a lot of other stuff too) which, obviously, makes them look and react a lot more realistically and dynamically.

That's what the console version is missing. Well, that's ONE of the things missing form the console version, along with modern DX 11 lighting such subsurface scattering, a high quality SSAO, high quality materials interaction, hundreds of dynamic lights, high quality textures, volumetric lighting, fog, smoke and flames along with decent frame rates.

Nvidia has a nice breakdown of the graphics:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/metro-last-light-graphics-breakdown-and-performance-guide

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 donalbane

That particular cloth animation mentioend above was canned - precomputed, and it's the same on both paltforms.

However, 99% of the rest of softbodies/cloth materials in the game (banners for example) feature dynamic but very basic physx based interactions - again, on both platforms. The PC version, however adds enhanced Physx interactions to these materials (and to a lot of other stuff too) which, obviously, makes them look and react a lot more realistically and dynamically.

That's what the console version is missing. Well, that's ONE of the things missing form the console version, along with modern DX 11 lighting such subsurface scattering, a high quality SSAO, high quality materials interaction, hundreds of dynamic lights, high quality textures, volumetric lighting, fog, smoke and flames along with decent frame rates.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/metro-last-light-graphics-breakdown-and-performance-guide

Kinthalis
I really enjoyed reading that Nvidia breakdown.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Kinthalis
Welcome to Next Gen. Where cloth will be individually attached to the mesh unlike last gen where it was a part of the mesh.