Metro Exodus will only release on Epic Store only! Steam users who Pre-order however!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

You'd think if the game is 10 dollars cheaper on the Epic store, they wouldn't need exclusivity. They'd let competition play out and consumers make up their own minds.

Well, that's a shame;, I'll be boycotting Metro Exodus because of this. I don't expect anyone else to join me, but I will ask anyway. Was looking forward to it, too :(

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: ...

well i do prefer games on steam but if they are on different launcher it doesnot make them bad. Doom Eternal will be bethesda net exclusive so will Rage 2.

reason i mentioned battlefield is no one complain when EA donot release games on steam. I even have origins only for Titanfall 2 even though i prefer if it was on steam.

I don't necessarily like publishers maintaining exclusivity over their own property, but I can understand it and; it's their content, they can do with it what they please.

But paying for exclusivity to property you yourself had no part in seems pretty corrupt, unfair, and dishonest to me.

The fact that this product was available on Steam at one point and was essentially stolen away from an open marketplace makes it even worse.

@blackballs said:
@howmakewood said:
@blackballs said:

I like this. How people think competition isn't a good thing, just go to show how blind gamers are and hypocritcle. Epic is offering devs a bigger cut, hence the devs are winning here.

Steam is greedy because up to now, no one has been able to compete against them. Epic is finally as it appears given them a first run for their money, which will make steam have to improve their business practices. I predict they will increase sales costs, give devs a bigger slice of the pie and finally start making some fu$3## games.

We'll see in a year or two, but Epic is starting to make the big moves.

You mean Valve should start paying the Publishers for exclusivity too? Yeah that's great competition

Isn't that was console makers, streaming services and pretty much any business leader does with products?

Yes, and no.

Console makers contract out to developers to make something for them. They say "Hey we need a game like ______ and will pay you to make it, but you can only make it for us". They have a hand in developing this product, so they can take sole ownership of it.

Streaming services generally maintain exclusivity over their own features. But for third-party shows and movies, you can generally watch them in a lot of places.

Business leaders, as you said, also like to maintain exclusivity, but for a lot of products that only lasts so long due to patents (or is it trademarks? or both? I can't remember...). Thankfully, those expire and competition takes over when other people can start making the product as well.

This is different. They're not necessarily paying for rights to solely produce something or have something made just for them;no, they're paying for rights to exclusively sell something.

In short, they're paying so others can't have it. Which is fucking childish and petty and about as a-capitalist as you can get imo.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

You're missing the point. As far as I am aware Steam does not actively pay devs to keep games exclusive to their platform. That just awful anti-consumer behavior on Epic's part. If devs want their games to only be on Steam, I fail to see how that's Steam's fault. You also skipped over the whole point about how the Epic Games Store is centuries behind Steam in pretty much everything. Steam reviews are worth more than some youtube reviews as it averages out a ton of reviews to give you a general consensus of what people think of the game. This cannot be replaced with something like metacritic because with Steam you have to actually own the game to review it making the value of those reviews much greater than any website fanboys can troll and vote down a game they've never played. Not including reviews or support forums is just a great way for developers to try to hide away problems with their games. It's pro developer, anti-consumer. It actually boggles my mind why some people are okay with this. More competition is always better, but paying for exclusivity on your inferior platform is just a punch in the face to the people who were looking forward to the game, especially doing it just 2 weeks before release.

What Epic is doing is much worse than Ubisoft with Uplay. While you need to run it to play some games, at least with Uplay you can still purchase the game on pretty much any platform or site. With the Epic Games Store everything is completely locked down to it. No more greenmangaming, no more Amazon, nothing but the Epic Games Store. It's a complete joke.

I don't care much for DRM clients because as a SP-only gamer, I just want to play the game. I'm not interested in the other features offered by DRM clients such as Steam. I mean, kudos for those who like the features. Not for me. I use them mainly to buy and run the games. That's why the GoG model is my favorite. Download the install files and that's it. Everything else is left to me. I can do a far better job organizing my installed games and screenshots in the hard drive. Steam reminds me of a little kid who cleaned his room. Looks good up front. Then, look under the bed or inside the closet and it's a mess. But. enough of that.....

Owning the game doesn't make its reviews immune from the bogus crap. Just looking at the Far Cry 4 reviews.... I wonder if some of them really played the game. Half the time, all I see are generic buzzwords. I rather go to YT where I can see for myself details many failed to mention. No need for comments. I can see for myself. If I was an uniformed player and based what I learned about FC4 from Steam reviews, I would think this was from a different game. Hardly any mention of it from the first few pages.

Loading Video...

I suppose I can be mad about paid exclusivity. But, it's been done so much already that it can be regarded as part of the times. There are a lot of things we bent over and got shafted for in the past: forced activation, DRM, DLC..... Forced Paid exclusivity is just another thing to tolerate. Whatever ethical differences there are between Steam and Epic, from my point of view as a buyer, it's the same. I can only buy a certain game from one place.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

It's a one year deal, and looking at the released PC specs for the game, my 4770K with 970 would not be a great performer anyway, so might as well not worry about it, not to mention that I never pay more than 15€ for a single game in any case. Just wonder if they will release the game for full price on Steam in 2020, or it will be heavily discounted day 1.

Fųck Epic. This is not competition, it's per game forced monopoly.

It's so sad seeing all the Epic sheep in Steam forums praising this move, and you know why? because Epic store does not have forums, so they have to use Steam to shit on Steam and suck Epic's dick.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@mirautaj: thats why america is the best

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46183 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

You'd think if the game is 10 dollars cheaper on the Epic store, they wouldn't need exclusivity. They'd let competition play out and consumers make up their own minds.

Well, that's a shame;, I'll be boycotting Metro Exodus because of this. I don't expect anyone else to join me, but I will ask anyway. Was looking forward to it, too :(

I don't necessarily like publishers maintaining exclusivity over their own property, but I can understand it and; it's their content, they can do with it what they please.

But paying for exclusivity to property you yourself had no part in seems pretty corrupt, unfair, and dishonest to me.

The fact that this product was available on Steam at one point and was essentially stolen away from an open marketplace makes it even worse.

Yes, and no.

Console makers contract out to developers to make something for them. They say "Hey we need a game like ______ and will pay you to make it, but you can only make it for us". They have a hand in developing this product, so they can take sole ownership of it.

Streaming services generally maintain exclusivity over their own features. But for third-party shows and movies, you can generally watch them in a lot of places.

Business leaders, as you said, also like to maintain exclusivity, but for a lot of products that only lasts so long due to patents (or is it trademarks? or both? I can't remember...). Thankfully, those expire and competition takes over when other people can start making the product as well.

This is different. They're not necessarily paying for rights to solely produce something or have something made just for them;no, they're paying for rights to exclusively sell something.

In short, they're paying so others can't have it. Which is fucking childish and petty and about as a-capitalist as you can get imo.

This is the main problem I'm having here too.

It's not like Epic is actually developing these games, or paying for the development of these games.

Nah, they bring absolutely nothing to PC gaming, just swoop in 2 weeks before a game's release and buy its exclusivity with a big bag of money.

I swear: I'm never buying anything off the Epic Game Store.

The fact that Metro Exodus is cheaper for US customers but not European ones pisses me off as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#106 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I don't know how PC gamers will be able to deal with having to download a free app, that on top of that offers free games and beneficts both developers and gamers. Someone has to stop this madness!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 R4gn4r0k

@phbz said:

I don't know how PC gamers will be able to deal with having to download a free app, that on top of that offers free games and beneficts both developers and gamers. Someone has to stop this madness!

People have to stop with this 'bu bu bu Epic is benefiting everyone'-nonsense

Before I could buy a game any place I'd want: Be it humble bundle, steam, greenmangaming, or a key site. Any place I'd want or where I'd find the cheapest price;

Epic paying for these exclusivity deals means that the only place to buy Metro Exodus from now on is on the Epic game store. They bought their own important position.

So yeah, I do take offense with having to download 'a free app'. Especially when that 'free app' is paying to get a monopoly on selling games. Steam never did that. Epic is playing dirty tricks in my book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@R4gn4r0k: I get it, now you have to walk all the way to the Epic store to buy a game. Specially in winter it sucks.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 R4gn4r0k

@phbz said:

@R4gn4r0k: I get it, now you have to walk all the way to the Epic store to buy a game. Specially in winter it sucks.

Except I don't :)

I don't have to buy from a store I have no intent on buying from. Especially when it's too creatively poor to invest in its own games and just scoops up games from other vendors (Steam, humble bundle, greenmangaming, etc...) to sell on its store exclusively (again, something which no other store has ever done, not even Steam)

You might not see a big deal here, but why on Earth would I want to support Epic? Because they have a monopoly on selling a game? Nah, no thank you!

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@phbz said:

People have to stop with this 'bu bu bu Epic is benefiting everyone'-nonsense

Before I could buy a game any place I'd want: Be it humble bundle, steam, greenmangaming, or a key site. Any place I'd want or where I'd find the cheapest price;

Epic paying for these exclusivity deals means that the only place to buy Metro Exodus from now on is on the Epic game store. They bought their own important position.

So yeah, I do take offense with having to download 'a free app'. Especially when that 'free app' is paying to get a monopoly on selling games. Steam never did that. Epic is playing dirty tricks in my book.

it's free for now , who knows what they're gonna do next if their scheme works out , .... maybe a monthly subscription fee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@the_master_race: That I won't contest because it's a real possibility, but the same could be said of any store. But as it stands now I see no issue. STEAM abused its position and now it's being punished. Who knows, this might even push them to go back to their neglected IPs.

A great percentage of people were always critical of STEAM. They did nothing to improve. Developers were unhappy and they kept doing nothing. So it's great that something is actually happening. Having to click on another icon on a desktop seems like a minor inconvenience to me.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

@ProtossRushX: I wonder how much Epic paid for 4A since they're of much higher caliber than your usual indies and are basically borderline AAA.

No they're not......... A strong AA and not close to AAA.....yet.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#113 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24895 Posts

@phbz said:

@the_master_race: That I won't contest because it's a real possibility, but the same could be said of any store. But as it stands now I see no issue. STEAM abused its position and now it's being punished. Who knows, this might even push them to go back to their neglected IPs.

A great percentage of people were always critical of STEAM. They did nothing to improve. Developers were unhappy and they kept doing nothing. So it's great that something is actually happening. Having to click on another icon on a desktop seems like a minor inconvenience to me.

well im loyal to 4A games and Metro series. i will play where ever they put it in.

i need to support 4A games. they are one of the most talented dev around.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@phbz said:

well im loyal to 4A games and Metro series. i will play where ever they put it in.

you could have pre ordered it on steam and gotten the reviews and forums of steam it was only 10 dollars more than epic store

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ghosts4ever

@ProtossRushX said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@phbz said:

you could have pre ordered it on steam and gotten the reviews and forums of steam it was only 10 dollars more than epic store

2 things.

I never preorder games.

I never buy games on day 1 no matter how good or how hype i am for game. always wait for price drop. more or less. its might be week or 20 days after launch i buy the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@phbz said:

2 things.

I never preorder games.

I never buy games on day 1 no matter how good or how hype i am for game. always wait for price drop. more or less. its might be week or 20 days after launch i buy the game.

oh okay I thought you were gonna get it no matter didn't know you wait for sales/reviews

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@phbz said:

2 things.

I never preorder games.

Previously....

Lmaooooooo....what a complete fake boy......always goes around saying Metro games are the best (When they're average at best) and then says this above...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@phbz said:

You're not wrong that people have complained about Steam. But you are wrong that this is a better option. Seriously, read up on it. We've listed a bunch of its problems here in these threads over and over. And they know they are on thin ice - so they are buying exclusives and offering freebees (for now) to try to drag people onto their platform. People like Protossrush going gaga over it isn't exactly the endorsement I'm holding out for.

This is a sleazy company that's already had to walk back on sleazy business practices in the store's ridiculously short life. And here you're just mocking people for being babies and not bending over. Like our concerns are just because we're blind Steam fanboys (when in reality I at least would buy everything on GoG if I could)

This store is pro-developer, anti-consumer. Nothing wrong with the former on its own, but definitely with the latter. If they make big big changes in their model, give gamers back a voice, stop buying exclusives, embrace mods, and implement community tools to bring PC gamers together who share the game, rather than the store (instead of their current system which just fragments them)... I'll happily give their store more of my attention (and money).

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@rmpumper said:

It's a one year deal, and looking at the released PC specs for the game, my 4770K with 970 would not be a great performer anyway, so might as well not worry about it, not to mention that I never pay more than 15€ for a single game in any case. Just wonder if they will release the game for full price on Steam in 2020, or it will be heavily discounted day 1.

Fųck Epic. This is not competition, it's per game forced monopoly.

It's so sad seeing all the Epic sheep in Steam forums praising this move, and you know why? because Epic store does not have forums, so they have to use Steam to shit on Steam and suck Epic's dick.

Not me. I don't like any DRM. But, I have to tolerate them. Epic is just another one to add to the list. Hell. The last Epic game I bought was Bulletstorm and it's only the 3rd Epic game I ever bought. Unreal Tournament 1999 and Unreal Tournament 2004 were the other two. Actually, make that two. UT 1999 came free with a video card.

Two games over the course of 3 decades hardly makes me an Epic squeeze. I saw all these paid exclusivity on consoles. So now, it's on PC as well. I guess it's a console world after all. So long as I'm still gaming? I don't really care.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15902 Posts

Service exclusivity makes sense

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Ghosts4ever

@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@phbz said:

2 things.

I never preorder games.

Previously....

Lmaooooooo....what a complete fake boy......always goes around saying Metro games are the best (When they're average at best) and then says this above...

im just telling people that please support this game. rather than deep silver policy.

it used to be top seller and top wishlist on steam and would have sold alot. now many of those are away from it which is sad. because game itself looks and feel amazing.

4A games deserve a huge success.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Hmmm... Well that's a bit fucky.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

im just telling people that please support this game. rather than deep silver policy.

it used to be top seller and top wishlist on steam and would have sold alot. now many of those are away from it which is sad. because game itself looks and feel amazing.

lol it actually was.

Deep Silver seems to be completely out of it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts

Nice to see some corporate shitheels who lost their shit when MS paid for 1year exclusivity on Tomb Raider back Epic on this.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Sigh.....damn, looking more and more like I'll have to get DOOM: Eternal when it comes out only on the Bethesda launcher. Really don't like having more launchers but hot damn does that game look good from the gameplay.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

lol it actually was.

Deep Silver seems to be completely out of it.

what they did was terrible move. im expecting lot of people will bombard on metacritic review without even playing it and complaining about its not on steam.

lot of people are blaming 4A games when they are just developers. they dont have any power at all.

lot of great developers are paired with bad companies.

Id software with bethesda

Eidos montreal with square enix

Respawn with EA

and now 4A with Deep silver.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@ghosts4ever said:

2 things.

I never preorder games.

Previously....

Sorry man, I'd love to support them, but they made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

I'll wait a year when the exclusivity deal expires and I can get it on GoG, Steam, etc.

I'd say that I hope they sell enough pre-orders to be profitable, but that'd be a lie. With a little luck, this exclusivity deal will backfire. Then again, I imagine Epic-Tencent paid them an assload of cash already so probably not.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

what they did was terrible move. im expecting lot of people will bombard on metacritic review without even playing it and complaining about its not on steam.

lot of people are blaming 4A games when they are just developers. they dont have any power at all.

Respawn with EA

Yeah Deep Silver was always the worst, I was hoping they could turn things around under THQ Nordics control, but nah.

They pull out a bad move like this.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Respawn with EA

Yeah Deep Silver was always the worst, I was hoping they could turn things around under THQ Nordics control, but nah.

They pull out a bad move like this.

well they could reverse thier decision after negative responses.

other steam games by deep silver getting negative reviews in 12 hours.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5555 Posts

Not sure why people get upset when we say we are not interested in investing in another launcher.

No matter how good the game is... I already have enough. I also choose not to support Tencent. Unfortunately this is looking like I'll pass.

Shame tho.... because this had day 1 purchase all over it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

@poe13 said:

Sigh.....damn, looking more and more like I'll have to get DOOM: Eternal when it comes out only on the Bethesda launcher. Really don't like having more launchers but hot damn does that game look good from the gameplay.

Rage 2 is confirmed to be on Bethesda launcher only, so I think its safe to assume the same for DOOM Eternal, which sucks because I played the hell out of Doom 2016 on Steam and got alot of achievements too. I personally like what I saw from Eternal and guess I'm heading to Bethesda launcher.

Publishers are starting to leave Steam, Valve sure did something wrong to piss them off it seems.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By enzyme36

Sweeeeet! Timed exclusive confirmed by PC gamer... will return to steam on Feb 14 2020.

Looks like metro is a 2020 game for me. Let's me check out all the other gems early 2019.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

They lost a ton of sales, that's for sure.

It might return to steam in a year, but that's way too late, people's interest will have faded.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

Rage 2 is confirmed to be on Bethesda launcher only, so I think its safe to assume the same for DOOM Eternal, which sucks because I played the hell out of Doom 2016 on Steam and got alot of achievements too. I personally like what I saw from Eternal and guess I'm heading to Bethesda launcher.

Publishers are starting to leave Steam, Valve sure did something wrong to piss them off it seems.

Valve didn't piss off anyone. There are two simple facts:

-Valve takes a 30% cut off of every game sold through Steam (and DLC)

-Creating your own DRM... ahem 'store' is easy

So nothing is stopping Bethesda, Activision, EA to take their games off steam and try their own luck. And they did.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 jun_aka_pekto
@poe13 said:

It's not like you'll have all the DRM clients running at the same time, except maybe those that require two.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Because Epic payed them to do so. Epic's platform is 100% publisher/developer friendly and completely anti-consumer. No reviews, no forum, missing most of the features we have on Steam. Doesn't support Linux. The list goes on. Metro was my most anticipated game this year, but I will not be buying it on the Epic Games Store.

There are lots of games that are Steam-only (eg the Total War games and ARMA 3). If I want to play em on PC, Steam is the only choice unless someone here can point otherwise. I don't get the whining about Metro Exodus.

As for reviews and forums...... I got by all these years pretty darn well without looking at store front forums and reviews. There are plenty of better venues for reviews such as YT to complement regular review sites.

Agree 100%

Steam has been doing this exact thing with many games, im surprised people defend steam so much, ive used steam my whole life, not because i want to, but because they are the biggest one with the biggest catalouge. Publishers know this too, they know steam has a monopoly on PC so they sell thier game there, thats why, not because they love steam. Steam sales have gotten bad last few years, Valve has gotten fat and lazy, but it still makes me chuckle to watch gabe groupies cry lol.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I've been seeing an awful lot of negativity about this in various places and that should have Deep Silver worried but what they should be more worried about is the invasion fleet building on the horizon flying the Jolly Rodger. While Steam and Key sites have greatly reduced Captain Jack Sparrow and his ilk over the past few years, Epic are on the verge of creating a whole new generation of high sea swash bucklers which will set us back years.

Don't know about anyone else here but I don't want to go back to the days of companies like Ubisoft claiming 95% piracy rates and always on DRM for single player games

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 enzyme36

Luckily the exclusivity is only timed. If I still care in 2020.... I'll scoop it up then.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

They lost a ton of sales, that's for sure.

It might return to steam in a year, but that's way too late, people's interest will have faded.

it was perfect opportunity for long sandbox single player FPS to be success and sale. but deep silver screwed it up. its like they hate metro and want it to be failed so they allign with epic.

people are blaming 4A on steam when they done nothing but work hard to deliver best possible FPS this gen. they need to part away from deep silver.

i will buy it to support 4A.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

it was perfect opportunity for long sandbox single player FPS to be success and sale. but deep silver screwed it up. its like they hate metro and want it to be failed so they allign with epic.

people are blaming 4A on steam when they done nothing but work hard to deliver best possible FPS this gen. they need to part away from deep silver.

Sure thing man, but this will damage the brand. And I fear this will be the last Metro game, unless console sales more than make up for the lost Steam sales.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Sure thing man, but this will damage the brand. And I fear this will be the last Metro game, unless console sales more than make up for the lost Steam sales.

it was always be last metro game. its conclusion of story with artyom leaving metro once for all.

i just hope next 4A game wouldnot be publish by deep silver.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I pre ordered so I hope its good.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#143 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
@GarGx1 said:

I would much prefer if they released it on both platforms, hell release it on Origin, Uplay, Battle.net and Rockstar Café as well, then let the customers decide where they want to buy it from. Epic buying up exclusivity deals is bad for PC gamers and it'll hurt the game sales on PC.

indeed and i cant believe how many people are actually rooting EPIC for this. Me i rather stick to steam thanks to clear easy refund and review platform

or GOG thanks to DRM free games and since is not coming to either platform is a no buy for me and is not like EPIC store has any advantage over other DD stores. Price at least here in EU is the same and Epic store lacks a lot of features that are on Steam and even GOG

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@adamosmaki said:
@GarGx1 said:

I would much prefer if they released it on both platforms, hell release it on Origin, Uplay, Battle.net and Rockstar Café as well, then let the customers decide where they want to buy it from. Epic buying up exclusivity deals is bad for PC gamers and it'll hurt the game sales on PC.

indeed and i cant believe how many people are actually rooting EPIC for this. Me i rather stick to steam thanks to clear easy refund and review platform

or GOG thanks to DRM free games and since is not coming to either platform is a no buy for me and is not like EPIC store has any advantage over other DD stores. Price at least here in EU is the same and Epic store lacks a lot of features that are on Steam and even GOG

Tell me about it...... they think its adding competition to Valve/steam when in reality its not.

By forcing people to only be able to play a PC game through Epic Games Launcher weeks before launch removing another option..... That is anti-consumer. Epic also do not allow the selling of keys to 3rd party outletsEpic Games Store is another step which literally removes competition. Also the fact that EPIC store/launcher has well known security issues and not so easy refund system, also lack Steam's features and broad user base. Hurts us even more. Its not competition for us the consumer its only enticing publishers with a up front large sum of money to get exclusive rights to promote shady semi chinese owned company, and for an extra bit of profit per copy.....

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 jun_aka_pekto
@R4gn4r0k said:

If sales on consoles make up for the slack, then that's where the developers will target their future games.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

If sales on consoles make up for the slack, then that's where the developers will target their future games.

it wont mostly not, Metro series is nothing like COD etc sales wise.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@jeezers said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Because Epic payed them to do so. Epic's platform is 100% publisher/developer friendly and completely anti-consumer. No reviews, no forum, missing most of the features we have on Steam. Doesn't support Linux. The list goes on. Metro was my most anticipated game this year, but I will not be buying it on the Epic Games Store.

There are lots of games that are Steam-only (eg the Total War games and ARMA 3). If I want to play em on PC, Steam is the only choice unless someone here can point otherwise. I don't get the whining about Metro Exodus.

As for reviews and forums...... I got by all these years pretty darn well without looking at store front forums and reviews. There are plenty of better venues for reviews such as YT to complement regular review sites.

Agree 100%

Steam has been doing this exact thing with many games, im surprised people defend steam so much, ive used steam my whole life, not because i want to, but because they are the biggest one with the biggest catalouge. Publishers know this too, they know steam has a monopoly on PC so they sell thier game there, thats why, not because they love steam. Steam sales have gotten bad last few years, Valve has gotten fat and lazy, but it still makes me chuckle to watch gabe groupies cry lol.

No, Steam has not been doing this exact thing AT ALL. Valve does NOT pay 3rd party publishers for exclusive deals to only be on Steam.

Steam also do not have a monopoly by the very definition of the word. I can buy games on Amazon, in brick and mortar stores, greenmangaming, gog, the list goes on. You have other methods of purchasing most games. Even if they do require Steam to activate, you still have the option to buy the vast majority elsewhere. This is also not the case with the Epic Games Store. Everything is closed to their store. Buying exclusives and not allowing 3rd party keys to be sold is so anti-consumer it's ridiculous. I get taking shots at Steam is cool and it for sure could use some good competition. However, throwing cash at publishers to have their games exclusive to your own shitty store that's light-years behind the competition is anti-consumer to its very core. They also let the game sit on Steam, raking in the promotion and exposure being on the most popular stores gives your game only to pull it a measly 2 weeks from launch. Scummy. Epic has been scummy all around.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

There seems to be an exodus away from steam ;0

I think my position is changing a little away from wanting everything to be on Steam.

I also don't give a shit enough to install 5 million game clients on my machine either though. It is just kinda ridiculous and I don't know the answer.

I want to be able to join the games of my friends seamlessly without bullshit and I don't want to run like 20 platforms simultaneously.

I feel like open sourcing the entire Steam platform would be one solution, but of course they'd probably rather close shop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#149 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

https://www.dualshockers.com/metro-exodus-physical-copies-epic-key/

This is really bad. Physical preorder copies will include an epic key instead of a steam key even though they advertised preorders as steam keys. Uninformed customers who paid off their preorder will not be happy when they get their copy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#150 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

Le shame

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-28-epics-latest-pc-exclusive-is-metro-exodus