Metro Exodus has "absolute" majority sales on consoles, No comment on PC

• 100 results
#1 Edited by Ant_17 (12409 posts) -

Steam vs Epic is now a cold war. incoming propaganda from Randy Pitchford to your radio waves,

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#2 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4119 posts) -

PC gamers pirate all their games.

#3 Edited by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

Lies, Sweeney said it sold better than Metro:LL on Steam. Hope someone posts it to Sweeney's Twitter.

#4 Edited by Ant_17 (12409 posts) -

@pc_rocks: Yeah, that was the original, not Redux. Seems PR talk is not solid this year.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#5 Posted by the_master_race (4601 posts) -

sure it has nothing to do with the game being "Epic Exclusive"

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

I know i'm holding off until it's off Epic's storefront.

#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30970 posts) -

Wow if this thing flopped on PC that is an absolutely sad thing.

4A worked their ass off and the PC version was excellent.

#8 Posted by DaVillain- (36410 posts) -

@Ant_17: I got Metro Exodus for free with my RTX 2070 purchase back in early April as part of the promo and the fact with any RTX purchase guarantees a free copy of 3 games like: Anthem, Battlefield V, and Metro Exodus, it wouldn't surprise me if any RTX owners ended up picking Metro Exodus over both EA games see themselves as a wise move pick because I can play the other two for free with EA Origin membership.

I'm not all that surprise if the PC version isn't selling well due to being part of RTX promo and few PC gamers are waiting to it comes to Steam.

@lundy86_4 said:

I know i'm holding off until it's off Epic's storefront.

Question, when you got your RTX 2080, did you however get a free game with it? If so, you also get a free pick (see above comment) like Metro Exodus.

#9 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@davillain-: I think I was meant to, as Canada Computers was apparently one of the applicable retailers. I didn't get anything, and TBH, I completely forgot.

#10 Posted by djoffer (1309 posts) -

Bad game didn’t sell well, more news at eleven!

#11 Posted by warmblur (2333 posts) -

Epic fail also...https://segmentnext.com/2019/05/22/epic-games-store-security/

#12 Posted by BassMan (10163 posts) -

@djoffer said:

What a bad game....

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/metro-exodus

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (33240 posts) -

When Publishers are effectively trying to normalize platform specific exclusives knowingly to the detriment of their user-base, the consumer should not be obligated in the slightest to support them back.

And very few actually have the consumer in mind, Epic Store has had a circle of industry back-scratchers vigilantly defend them against the "toxic" consumer as one Polygon pleb put it.

Simply, don't support it, as money is all they ultimately give a shit about. Everything else around it is perfunctory. Only shit they care about.

#14 Posted by XVision84 (15945 posts) -

@lundy86_4: You might still have time. I got mine from Canada Computers too and all I had to do was email them a picture of my receipt for the free games.

#15 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9760 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@djoffer said:

What a bad game....

its not 97 on metacritic. its not got 10/10.

according to most people here. it is bad game. despite getting tons of positive reviews.

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (39044 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:
@djoffer said:

What a bad game....

its not 97 on metacritic. its not got 10/10.

according to most people here. it is bad game. despite getting tons of positive reviews.

You usually don't trust positive reviews on popular games, why now?

#17 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (956 posts) -

PC gamers have them the finger. Looks like it flopped on PC. I feel bad for them if majority of the sales were on consoles since I don’t have a single friend that bought it on consoles.

#18 Posted by Zaryia (8469 posts) -
@son-goku7523 said:

PC gamers have them the finger. Looks like it flopped on PC. I feel bad for them if majority of the sales were on consoles since I don’t have a single friend that bought it on consoles.

Meh I dont mind, it's by far superior to play on PC. I'm not a CEO.

#19 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@XVision84: Ohhhh, i'll try that. It's been a few months. Worst comes to worst, I do know a guy who works there.

Edit: Thanks. Just sent an e-mail. Hopefully they can do something.

#20 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10413 posts) -

This got me thinking.... Anyone know why red dead wasn't released on PC? There's gotta be a market for it there. And it's not like Sony and MS paid for console exclusivity.

#21 Posted by gtx021 (344 posts) -

simple words = pc peasant

#22 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@gtx021 said:

simple words = pc peasant

More simple... PC Gamer's seem willing to vote with their wallets. Same reason we don't have Live on PC.

Your posts = doodie.

#23 Posted by DaVillain- (36410 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@XVision84: Ohhhh, i'll try that. It's been a few months. Worst comes to worst, I do know a guy who works there.

Edit: Thanks. Just sent an e-mail. Hopefully they can do something.

Glad I was able to bring this up. Hate seeing someone missing out freebies when you are paying top Canadian money lol.

#24 Posted by Fedor (4876 posts) -

That's what they get for being stupid.

#25 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Glad I was able to bring this up. Hate seeing someone missing out freebies when you are paying top Canadian money lol.

Ain't that the truth. With all the shit i've had lately, this might be nice lol.

#26 Edited by Fedor (4876 posts) -

@joshrmeyer: Because they want people to double dip. They know some PC gamers won't want to wait and will buy it on console then buy it again when it gets it's PC release so they can have the best version.

#27 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Got fucked. CC provided the code, which you redeem through their site and get the download codes, but they've expired. I tried to contact Nvidia, but that is a nightmare in-and-of itself. Said **** it, and i'll buy it later lol.

#28 Edited by I_P_Daily (11655 posts) -

Well there was a few hernits on here who openly said they would pirate it.

Calls yourselves a master race, but should be called the theiving race lol.

#29 Posted by I_P_Daily (11655 posts) -

#30 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

multiplat game sells more on console than PC.

“Other new: Water...wet.”

#31 Posted by NoodleFighter (10234 posts) -

Seems like that 88% cut aint got much weight

#32 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:

Seems like that 88% cut aint got much weight

Along with that fat ol' cheque to also grab devs. Consumers don't seem largely interested. It'll be interesting to see what happens with more games.

@that_old_guy said:

multiplat game sells more on console than PC.

“Other new: Water...wet.”

Far more at play... Like the Epic store being garbage.

@i_p_daily said:

Come on, man. Piracy exists everywhere. Not everything is first world.

#33 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@lundy86_4: “master race” was actually a sarcastic depiction than a compliment yet you guys ran with it.

If you’re going to go all in on using the term and calling gamers who use consoles peasants than then perhaps don’t be low class and pirate games.

It’s just so cringe to know how that term was used at creation and how hermits wear it like a badge of honor now.

And yet cows seem to get all the hate. Well that mostly this board but still.

#34 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

I never used the term "Master Race." What's with this post? I said, and I quote:

@lundy86_4 said:

Far more at play... Like the Epic store being garbage.

Your idiocy continues to amuse me.

#35 Posted by VagrantSnow (315 posts) -

Comes as little surprise. Most people using Epic Game Store are only there to play Fortnite.

#36 Posted by xantufrog (11332 posts) -

Alaska pays ~$1,000 a year to live there. To a struggling inner city street hooker that's not a trivial sum of money. But the population density is only 1 person per mile. It really makes a businesswoman think

#37 Posted by The_Stand_In (1057 posts) -

@joshrmeyer said:

This got me thinking.... Anyone know why red dead wasn't released on PC? There's gotta be a market for it there. And it's not like Sony and MS paid for console exclusivity.

Because the engine it ran on was hot garbage. And it was a bitch to optimize for PC. Remember how GTA IV turned out on PC, especially at launch? Even after all the patches, and modern hardware, the game still runs like a turd relative to the graphics it has.

#38 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43913 posts) -

Funny how it takes the worst installment in the series to sell the most on console.

Oh yeah and an exclusivity deal on a shit-poor online store.

@xantufrog said:

Alaska pays ~$1,000 a year to live there. To a struggling inner city street hooker that's not a trivial sum of money. But the population density is only 1 person per mile. It really makes a businesswoman think

HAH!

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#39 Posted by SuperfluousReal (362 posts) -

Objectively this will be PC players just choosing to wait for the Steam release.

Also 6.8 user score on MC seems to paint an average user score, i bet it's mostly moaning about the store though not the game.

#40 Posted by DaVillain- (36410 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Even if Epic was being dirty, I still wouldn't pirate and I'm against it. Even most PC gamers can get the game even cheaper by heading to CDKeys. As for the "Master Race" it's just a gig ya'know.

#41 Posted by DaVillain- (36410 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@davillain- said:

Got fucked. CC provided the code, which you redeem through their site and get the download codes, but they've expired. I tried to contact Nvidia, but that is a nightmare in-and-of itself. Said **** it, and i'll buy it later lol.

At least there's always CDKey.

#42 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@davillain- said:

At least there's always CDKey.

That there is. I constantly get good CAD prices there.

#43 Posted by sakaiXx (5466 posts) -

PC users proud Asian users playing F2P mmorpg and gambling games bloating the revenue pie of PC market.

#44 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

PC users proud Asian users playing F2P mmorpg and gambling games bloating the revenue pie of PC market.

Try harder.

#45 Posted by NoodleFighter (10234 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: @djoffer: Is Metro Exodus really that bad? I love the Metro series and will buy Exodus once it hits Steam anyway but what exactly is wrong with it that makes it the worst out of the trilogy?

#46 Posted by Melkari (595 posts) -

I lost my hype when they fucked off to Epic. While I enjoyed the first couple games, I have no desire to play Exodus, or anything published by Deep Silver, after that anti-consumer bullshit. Even when it comes back to Steam or others next year, I really don't care about it anymore. Same goes for any game that starts off being available on multiple open storefronts that gets bought out exclusively by Epic. I absolutely refuse to support the behavior.

Until then, I was pretty excited for it. 4A are outstanding devs, and their publisher turned me away forever. If they get a new publisher that doesn't shit on customers like that, I may get excited about their games again.

#47 Posted by sakaiXx (5466 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

Try harder.

Top 3 most played game on steam is either loot box filled freemium game or lootbox filled $30 game. That or pirates for life. Cancer.

#48 Edited by Zaryia (8469 posts) -
@sakaixx said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@sakaixx said:

Try harder.

Top 3 most played game on steam is either loot box filled freemium game or lootbox filled $30 game. That or pirates for life. Cancer.

As long as PC continues to get the substantially best version of multiplats (most video games, lol PS4 gets the worst version of most games) and the most amount of 9/8 scoring games I certainly don't mind what other people are playing.

But just to clarify your post, PC's top played games are:

• LoL (not a MMO, and played at a higher skillcap than 99% of Console titles.)
  • Counter Strike:GO (higher skillcap than 99% of console titles and a great game.)
  • Overwatch (PC version is played at a higher competitive level than 99% of console titles, and is a great game.)
  • Hearthstone (you win here)
  • Fortnite (same as consoles)
  • Apex (same as consoles)
  • Rainbow 6 Seige (same as consoles)
  • DOTA 2 (Played at a higher skill cap than 99% of console titles and a great game)
  • PubG (you win here)
  • World of Warcraft (Not F2P, high skill cap for Arena and mythic+ than anything on consoles, and still good)
  • GTA V (uhh...one of the highest scoring games of all time).
  • Arma3/AC:Unity/Borderlands 2. (I don't see an issue here.....)

That's like 2-3 cancerous/embarrassing games. You really made it out to be worse than it really is. In fact, PC has by far the best selection of games to play this gen.

BTW, what are PSNs top 10 played games? I have a feeling it will be more of what you described. My preliminary research shows it is mostly just CoDs and BFs, the ultimate casual shitfests and far less variety. Imagine the most played games on your system being online shooters - and playing them on thumb-sticks. Yikes.

#49 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1264 posts) -

I know I ain't buying shit from EGS cos they don't have regional pricing.

#50 Edited by mumunaro (153 posts) -

Thr game sold poorly on PC because of Epic Game Store debacle.