Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

If it was EA or ubisoft. it would have been downgraded but its other way around. congrats 4A games.

even CDPR downgrade witcher 3 if you compare 2013 build to 2015. but this one just upgraded.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Even though it's not essentially downgraded, why cant I ever trust game reveals to actually live up to retail. These developers are always claiming that they're strapped for time but then go out of their way to alter superficial things. They then slap pre-alpha on the footage like its gonna look better on your TV. I'm not gonna trust a single trailer when Sony or MS reveal their new consoles.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Looks downgraded to me. I see why Resident Evil 2 scored higher now.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@nfamouslegend said:

Even though it's not essentially downgraded, why cant I ever trust game reveals to actually live up to retail. These developers are always claiming that they're strapped for time but then go out of their way to alter superficial things. They then slap pre-alpha on the footage like its gonna look better on your TV. I'm not gonna trust a single trailer when Sony or MS reveal their new consoles.

games change over the course of development. its never surprising to me when the final product looks a bit (or even significantly) different from early footage.

'pre-alpha' could swing both ways; that just means its early in development and is probably going to change, not necessarily for the better in terms of visual fidelity. The devs might think early on they can optimise around performance problems without sacrificing visuals, then run into some roadblocks when they actually try and implement it, and have to change or tone down some stuff to hit performance targets.

People tend to assume devs/publishers are trying to intentionally mislead people when they show early footage, then the final product looks worse. I honestly doubt that is the case in the vast majority of cases when a game gets downgraded.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Doesn't look as good as RE2...

It's kinda hard to compare due to the poor YT footage, but I think it's kind of a trade-off. Some things look better and some things worse. Overall... I can't really say which I prefer.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I think tc likes Metro.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

All that matters is that the final version looks good, and it definitely does in the case of Metro Exodus. Whether it looks better or worse than before, I don't really care.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the game looks good matey

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46254 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

games change over the course of development. its never surprising to me when the final product looks a bit (or even significantly) different from early footage.

'pre-alpha' could swing both ways; that just means its early in development and is probably going to change, not necessarily for the better in terms of visual fidelity. The devs might think early on they can optimise around performance problems without sacrificing visuals, then run into some roadblocks when they actually try and implement it, and have to change or tone down some stuff to hit performance targets.

People tend to assume devs/publishers are trying to intentionally mislead people when they show early footage, then the final product looks worse. I honestly doubt that is the case in the vast majority of cases when a game gets downgraded.

Sure, but it has been the case for Ubisoft games. I'm not buying the major Watch Dogs downgrades, and the sequel, Watch Dogs 2, suffered as a result. Watch Dogs 2 didn't sell as well as Ubisoft had been hoping, and that's because the Watch Dogs 1 downgrades left a really bad taste in people's mouth. Ubisoft reveal trailers have kind of become a running joke.