Metal Gear Solid: Rising

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Michael324
Member since 2002 • 9437 Posts
I feel like they jumped the gun on announcing that game. a year and a half later and the release date isn't even set.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Yeah probably. I'm not a fan of MGS games though, so I don't mind. :P
HailCaesarHail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HailCaesarHail
Member since 2010 • 814 Posts
yeah, MS announced at e3 for shock value. not because it was coming soon. lol.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
I don't even care about release dates, all we have is a teaser trailer, a tech demo, and this year's trailer. We don't even know what it's about, how the gameplay will be, etc.
dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

its kind of how L.A. Noire went about, hopefully it looks as good when it finaly resurfaces

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Cant say I really care. I used to be an MGS fanatic, and I do mean fanatic. In all my years of gaming I was never so into a series as I was MGS. Played MGS, MGS2 and MGS3 at least 50 times each, spent a good chunk of change importing the Japanese press release of Subsistence and modding my PS2 just to play it a little early, was one of the first to get FH rank in MGS2, one of the highest ranked players in MGO1, etc.... Needless to say I loved the series.

But after MGS3 the series quality took a nose dive. Portable Ops was garbage, MGS4 was a hollow shell of what an MGS game should be and everything else has mostly been milkage.

I really couldnt care less about Rising at this point. Looks like another big name cash in and nothing more.

bradders9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bradders9
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts

Cant say I really care. I used to be an MGS fanatic, and I do mean fanatic. In all my years of gaming I was never so into a series as I was MGS. Played MGS, MGS2 and MGS3 at least 50 times each, spent a good chunk of change importing the Japanese press release of Subsistence and modding my PS2 just to play it a little early, was one of the first to get FH rank in MGS2, one of the highest ranked players in MGO1, etc.... Needless to say I loved the series.

But after MGS3 the series quality took a nose dive. Portable Ops was garbage, MGS4 was a hollow shell of what an MGS game should be and everything else has mostly been milkage.

I really couldnt care less about Rising at this point. Looks like another big name cash in and nothing more.

sandbox3d
I agree with you in terms of the quality dipping after 3, although I cant say I was as big a fan as you were!
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Eh, the game doesnt interest that much anymore anyways. So many other games to look forward to.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
Turned off that Raiden will be the lead, but its still Metal Gear, I'll buy it even if it get low scores.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Best on Xbox 360.Blixxed

what?

HailCaesarHail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HailCaesarHail
Member since 2010 • 814 Posts
Best on Xbox 360.Blixxed
lol. Fission Mailed
VALikimlav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VALikimlav
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
[QUOTE="bradders9"][QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

I agree with you in terms of the quality dipping after 3, although I cant say I was as big a fan as you were!

MGS4 was the best one out of all of them. They fixed the clunky controls and everything actually made sense (although not more sense than MGS3). Why do you say it dipped in quality?
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
The gameplay with the sword looks fun.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]Best on Xbox 360.dalscowboys22
yay blind fanboys with no proof to back up claims...

best on pc... :) in terms of looks anyway, it looks like a hack & slash at the moment so may be better on console.

but it still looks like it is just a concept and not a game.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
They have a new engine that's why it's taking so long.
HunkUBCS68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HunkUBCS68
Member since 2010 • 181 Posts

Give Raiden a chance :P

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

HunkUBCS68
the only reason why i am considering getting this game. I want to see how the hell he goes from girly mgs2 raiden to holy shi-wtf awesome cyborg-ninja raiden from mgs4.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

[QUOTE="HunkUBCS68"]

antifanboyftw

the only reason why i am considering getting this game. I want to see how the hell he goes from girly mgs2 raiden to holy shi-wtf awesome cyborg-ninja raiden from mgs4.

Raiden was never girly he was a child solider for god sakes.

HunkUBCS68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HunkUBCS68

Yeah, I'm sure it will aggravate a lot of fans, skipping out on a pivatol character of a series.. but its been done before with many games although with mixed results some good some bad. Look at Zelda.. we didn't need Ganon in adventure of link, didn't need him in minish cap either. And both games turned out pretty dam good if I do say so myself ;) A MGS game does not technically need Snake to make it good.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spookykid143

Yeah, I'm sure it will aggravate a lot of fans, skipping out on a pivatol character of a series.. but its been done before with many games although with mixed results some good some bad. Look at Zelda.. we didn't need Ganon in adventure of link, didn't need him in minish cap either. And both games turned out pretty dam good if I do say so myself ;) A MGS game does not technically need Snake to make it good.

HunkUBCS68

MGS3 didn't have solid Snake and that is considered the best by a lot of people.

HunkUBCS68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HunkUBCS68

True. I love MGS 3. Prob my favorite next to the NES games.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Who is in a rush? I would rather have a game that is done right instead of half finished just so that it can be out a year later.

Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

bradders9

How so? I've noticed that a lot of people here in SW think that MGS4 was the worst in the sries while I hear positive things just about everywhere else.

dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

[QUOTE="dalscowboys22"][QUOTE="Blixxed"] yay blind fanboys with no proof to back up claims...Blixxed
>

yay people taking everything so seriously about there precious consoles!

i like both consoles, this just made absolutley no sense, you could have said "Best on PS3 or Best on PC" and i still would have said that. in fact this game might be best on PS3 if the implement the move, this game could be awsome with that. but we have yet to see anything showing what console it would be best on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Looks pretty meh to me and anyone else who doesn't get caught up in the fact that they stamped the MGS name on a game that has nothing to do with the others in terms of gameplay could see that this game looks pretty average.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spookykid143

Looks pretty meh to me and anyone else who doesn't get caught up in the fact that they stamped the MGS name on a game that has nothing to do with the others in terms of gameplay could see that this game looks pretty average.

ColdP1zza

Because they have released so much info on gameplay to make that decision