Metahuman Animator in Unreal 5 (Introduced by Ninja Theory)

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Some behind the scenes of this Unreal 5 tech. It is pretty impressive. And the fact they are using a phone camera to do the capture in this tech demo is wild

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Yeah saw that yesterday. Looks amazing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Ah yes the fake video game

Loading Video...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Clever stuff.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyyyyyy good.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

Really cool tech for...movies and animations.😑

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58948 Posts

Finally, more dead celebs can be used.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@hardwenzen: hellblade 2 will be amazing. One of the great games this gem, Xclusive to Xbox

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: hellblade 2 will be amazing. One of the great games this gem, Xclusive to Xbox

Like Ryse was🤦‍♂️

Its gonna be a mid 70's on meta. Gonna be forgotten extremely quickly, and be remebered as yet another shovelware title made for Gamepass.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Like Ryse was🤦‍♂️

Its gonna be a mid 70's on meta. Gonna be forgotten extremely quickly, and be remebered as yet another shovelware title made for Gamepass.

Even though the team showcasing the tech is Ninja Theory, this thread has nothing to do with Hellblade 2 can you keep it on topic please

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hardwenzen
@regnaston said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Like Ryse was🤦‍♂️

Even though the team showcasing the tech is Ninja Theory, this thread has nothing to do with Hellblade 2 can you keep it on topic please

What is there to even talk about? They showed us a fake ass gameplay demo, and tried their best to convince everyone that its real gameplay. This game doesn't exist. Announced ages ago, and every time they show something, which on its own is extremely rare, its always her face screaming or doing whatever on cemra. wtf is this game...

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: you should just buy an Xbox and call it a day. Since you talk about halo infinite, and hb2 more than anyone, even us lems. Just go into Walmart and stab Sony in the back with a brand new Xbox. Join team Microsoft, we're always #winning, heck yeah

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

I really don't see why that could be useful for games, only movies and animated movies would benefit from this addition.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Masterkiller103
@Pedro said:

Really cool tech for...movies and animations.😑

Exactly.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: you should just buy an Xbox and call it a day. Since you talk about halo infinite, and hb2 more than anyone, even us lems. Just go into Walmart and stab Sony in the back with a brand new Xbox. Join team Microsoft, we're always #winning, heck yeah

I can play all your "exclusives" on pc with better everything. Keep your box.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Masterkiller103
@mrbojangles25 said:

>Pretty good

For games?! That right? Tell me how, i'm intrested.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@masterkiller103 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

>Pretty good

For games?! That right? Tell me how, i'm intrested.

I think for dialogue scenes in RPG's or something along those lines, it'd be cool. Imagine playing something like The Witcher 3 or Baldur's Gate 3 with dozens of real, scanned actors not only voicing their dialogue but being visually scanned and captured as well. It'd be pretty great.

I'm not the biggest proponent of "movie games" like Uncharted, etc., but it would be great for those as well. I mean, we already get a good chunk of motion capture in our games, this seems like the logical evolution of it.

Also, not sure how long you've been gaming, but in the 90's there were quite a few live-action games (games with live-action cinematics, then in-game gameplay) that were quite fun. This would be a neat way to revisit those niche genres while still keeping things in the game engine, yet still keeping that realism and ability to capture body language, realistic facial expressions, etc. Imagine something like 7th Guest or the Myst games done with technology like this.

Star Citizen is also experimenting with a lesser version of this where you have "FOIP" (face over internet protocol) instead of VOIP (voice...); basically you play the game with a camera, it scans your facial movements, so when you talk to someone your game's character mimes your facial expressions and mouth movements. It's obviously not as cutting-edge as the tech shown in the video, but it's a neat extra touch and while we might not be stoked about stuff like this, imagine where it might be in 5-10 years? How often does sarcasm via text go unnoticed in general text communication? Imagine being able to add eyerolls and facial expressions to your communication using your in-game avatar! Pretty neat stuff.

Though I admit there is a certain degree of "uncanny valley" to this that might actually take away immersion instead of adding it.

I understand why you might be down on it--I don't really play many cinematic games these days because I dislike the immersion-stealing cutscenes--but it can be used for other purposes.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

This does nothing for me.

If I talk with someone in a game, I'll probably skip it if I can't read it and thus wont even see any facial animations. If the game has lots of talking that you can't skip, I'll most likely not play the game at all.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

No you can't stop pretending.

Even if that was true what you don't get it so can anyone else, they can also buy a PS5 to play those exclusives or wait a bit for them to come on PC.

Your argument is irrelevant in the basis of systems wars.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

:P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

I mean it's cool, that is unlike any other game I've seen before.

But to me it's once again developers focussing on the wrong aspects of a video game. Give us better gameplay, that is what we deserve. I already believe Ellie in TLOU 2 being a real person with real emotions and reactions to the situation, and that game runs on PS4 hardware.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Even if that was true what you don't get it so can anyone else, they can also buy a PS5 to play those exclusives or wait a bit for them to come on PC.

You're on copium. It annoys the hell out of you that i can play all your games without owning an xbox, doesn't it? You're so triggered.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You're on copium. It annoys the hell out of you that i can play all your games without owning an xbox, doesn't it? You're so triggered.

Why would anything you say or do annoy me. I don't know you, you are irrelevant.

Stop pretending you have a PC that is beyond the capability need to watch videos and write on this forum.

For someone who is here so much you would have thought they would know they forums guidance to exclusives.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen: he's right, you got rekkd. You're in denial.

Also, it's a fact that Microsoft windows pc is also Xbox. Just grab an Xbox and stop being a butt hurt cow. You can turn into Glifford or solid. Fake Xbox owning cows.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Why would anything you say or do annoy me. I don't know you, you are irrelevant.

Stop pretending you have a PC that is beyond the capability need to watch videos and write on this forum.

For someone who is here so much you would have thought they would know they forums guidance to exclusives.

I literally have three houses in your head. I am more than relevant. Sounds to me that every time i say something, you're butthurt.

My pc makes your Xbox look like a toy. You have an irrelevant system compared to my ps5+pc combo. Never forget that.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

I literally have three houses in your head. I am more than relevant. Sounds to me that every time i say something, you're butthurt.

My pc makes your Xbox look like a toy. You have an irrelevant system compared to my ps5+pc combo. Never forget that.

I'm not interested in a pissing contest.

I've grown up.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy: No you did not. Constantly moaning at me because i own a ps5 and a pc is proof of that.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tdkmillsy  Online
@hardwenzen said:

@tdkmillsy: No you did not. Constantly moaning at me because i own a ps5 and a pc is proof of that.

For a second lets accept you have a PC (I'm not sure you do).

You have a PC to play Xbox Games

I have a PS5 to play PlayStation games and a PC if I want to wait for them to come to PC.

Whats the point of System Wars?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

I have a PS5 to play PlayStation games and a PC if I want to wait for them to come to PC.

Don't waste your time malding at me just because i have one, and always owned one. I make your "exclusives" irrelevant, because i, as a cow, can play them all at settings you simply cannot.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't waste your time malding at me just because i have one, and always owned one. I make your "exclusives" irrelevant, because i, as a cow, can play them all at settings you simply cannot.

So you can play PS5 games on PS5 and Xbox games on PC.

I can play PS5 games on PS5 and Xbox games on my PC or Xbox.

what has that got to do with system wars??

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

You can't play anything on your ps5 box, but you can always pretend for SW purposes🤭

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

You can't play anything on your ps5 box, but you can always pretend for SW purposes🤭

Yawn, there you go again, why do it to yourself.

You know otherwise, hence the reason you chicken out when I said I'd play a game with you to prove it.

Now for the last time

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy: All it does to SW is making me a superior gamer, one that has access to everything. You on the other hand, you're stuck with MS exclusives, and only the inferior Xbox version of those titles.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:

@tdkmillsy: All it does to SW is making me a superior gamer, one that has access to everything. You on the other hand, you're stuck with MS exclusives, and only the inferior Xbox version of those titles.

Easy to do when you live rent free in your mums basement.

One day you might grow up.

Say hi to you mum for me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

Bro, i built three houses in your head, and you're talking about living rent free? On daily basis you're moaning at me, and for so long. Gym or not, constantly crying.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Like Ryse was🤦‍♂️

At least hellblade 1 won many awards than the order 1886 and got 82 mc.

Game stole awards from lost legacy and horizon zero dawn too.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hardwenzen
@fantasygamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Like Ryse was🤦‍♂️

At least hellblade 1 won many awards than the order 1886 and got 82 mc.

Game stole awards from lost legacy and horizon zero dawn too.

Neither of those games are good. Its stealing awards from shovelware.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

Bro, i built three houses in your head, and you're talking about living rent free? On daily basis you're moaning at me, and for so long. Gym or not, constantly crying.

Fine by me, you don't reply to my posts and I won't reply to yours.

got better things to do.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

Fine by me, you don't reply to my posts and I won't reply to yours.

got better things to do.

Stop replaying to me. I don't want to know what's happening with your ps5 box.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Tell me again why the big publishers are now charging 70-80 for games because "game dev is getting more expensive", when shit like this is free?