Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

Updated the OP with a smoother, less choppier 1080p Gameplay video, its so much better.

Loading Video...

Wow, just wow.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@lglz1337 said:

yup confirmed you are tired of TPS that's why it underwhelms you, i remember boring sections in gears and uncharted. writing the game off from a minute of gameplay is really lame also i remember TLOU got slammed in the beginning.

could this the order 1 minute gameplay not be a 'stand-out' moment ?

It underwhelms me because it's trying to do what Uncharted did (sans the platforming which made Uncharted unique) and will probably not be as good as Uncharted. That's not me being tired of the genre, that's me seeing the obvious.

Why would they show the boring parts of the game when it's in their best interest to get us excited for the game?

The only people I see getting really excited for this game in this thread are Sony fanboys who are really banking on this game to be good so that they can claim ownage here. I own a Playstation 4 and I am awaiting for some new content. I'm sure 1886 will be fun but there is nothing impressive gameplay wise from what we've seen of the game and that worries me. Pretty games aren't automatically fun. If this is going to be a single player only game they better do something worthy of multiple playthroughs. Everything I've seen so far has been pretty boring and that's not a good sign.

It's not burnout, it's seeing the obvious. There is nothing fresh or unique about the gameplay in the slightest. It's just an extremely pretty third person shooter which is almost a clone of how Uncharted feels. That's not good as I don't have any confidence they can make a better game than Uncharted.

i see the order is a uncharted clone, uncharted is a gears clone and gears is a kill switch clone no wonder mobile gaming became popular.

you expecting too much from a TPS maybe they will bring wall-running with jetpacks will that turn you on ?

oh and i'm excited they didn't make this trailer only to excite you! it's clear that only haters don't want this game to succeed, bbut the last gen gameplay sounds really like peter molyneu.

yet gears will get a free pass from the same haters because they changed the way we play TPS "LOL"

wonder when haters will complain when forza and GT do the same over and over maybe they should add mechs.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

Shoot shoot bang bang cutscene.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Cows are impressed by this? Lol

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lglz1337
@tymeservesfate said:

@lglz1337 said:

@Wasdie said:

@Ribnarak said:

definitely get where you're coming from. But innovation is pretty hard these days since so much has already been done.

Sometimes a game could just be good because of its story, its setting (the environment), the feeling that you get when you play. I think if the order 1886 excels in those areas, it'll be a great game.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, I'm just underwhelmed and I think a lot of non-biased fanboys are as well. Story and setting can only take a game so far. If it ends up being repetitive and not fun then it's going to be underwhelming.

There is plenty of innovation to go around when it comes to games. Just look at the examples I said in the post. Titanfall introduced one major new mechainc to FPSs and refined a few existing and came across as a very unique and fun package. Too bad there wasn't enough to do in the game or had a single player/co-op which took advantage of the innovations. Sunset Overdrive is also smartly combining 3rd person shooting, free running elements, and platforming as well as doing some fancy stuff with co-op to make the game feel great.

A lot of other games are also finding subtle ways of making the standard shooting of a first person shooter or third person shooter more engaging by seamlessly connecting us with other players and dynamically changing the world around us. Procedural generation of levels is also a new thing that is gaining a lot of traction.

I feel that The Order 1886 is just wasting it's beautiful graphics and setting on your old fashion TPS setup. QTEs to blend gameplay with cinematic experiences and a lot of cover based shooting. It may still be a good game but it's really kind of lame when you start looking at what other games are trying to do this generation.

what is wrong with people liking QTEs to blend gameplay with cinematic experiences and a lot of cover based shooting ?

Lol, you were bashing the hell out of Ryse for its QTEs and now ur here saying this?? Funny stuff from cows so far in this thread.

On topic...is there a wildfire going on in the area in this game or something? Everything is so gray and smokey. looks great, but the fog n haze is annoying. the voice acting and gun sound work seem horrible too. The pistol sounds like a toy cap gun...the particle effects were great though.

reviews are on my side Ryse sucks and is a QTE fest the order is not!

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

If it's shiny you shouldn't have to ask this question?

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Game looked pretty but looked lacking gameplay wise and scripted as hell.

While I enjoyed it, I immediately thought of Ryse when the video started playing, but of course cows hated Ryse saying it was just a tech demo. Teh Irony.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@TwistedShade: sorry ryse is not worthy to be in the same category as the Order. I would put ryse next to knack. both scored equally at 4.0. Ryse has the 900p graphic while Knack has the gameplay, but Ryse does not have both like what the Order will have.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By lglz1337

it's obvious the bar has been set high for both graphics and animation no reason some butthurt lemmings and hermits try to complain about something.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Looks good to me. Day fucking 1 :D

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Desperation clouds their judgment.

Seriously though the game looks ok, but man that drab color palette, 800p, and the grain effects really hold this game back graphically. I wonder how much better Ryse would have looked at 800p? I will hold finally judgment but so far SO looks to be a lot more fun than this game for second half of 2014.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 lglz1337

@Desmonic said:

A pretty good definition as to why most people aren't that impressed so far (graphics and setting aside), from a poster in Gaf

EmCeeGramr

The "generic" complaints make sense because so far the only major defining features of this game that set it apart from standard TPS gameplay tropes are its good graphics, unique setting, and... a QTE melee system.

Modern Resident Evil's "thing" is focus on co-op, score attack modes, weapon purchases and upgrades, and the stun->melee combat loop.

Dead Space has dismemberment and antigravity and upgrades.

Gears popularized and modernized the cover system as well as set the standard for competitive TPS multiplayer.

Mass Effect has class based upgrades, unlocks, and different powers based on class.

Uncharted has platforming and hand-to-hand melee combat.

Tomb Raider has... I dunno, platforming I guess. (not the best example, and I'm sure many would actually agree)

Sunset Overdrive has fast acrobatic traversal, superpowers and wacky weapons, and fighting hordes of enemies.

The Last of Us incorporates stealth and survival mechanics.

The Order has mustaches and letterboxing and really good looking leather and metal.

I'm sure that RAD has some hook in there that they want to show off, but they haven't yet.

yet all of those games have some pretty boring moments.

look you've seen 1 minute of this game no need to compare a finished product with 1 in development

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Not bad, can't wait for the lengthier blow out at E3. Interested in knowing more about the story.

Agreed. Like what was the little drink that healed the old guy? I think it has possibilities, and I dig TPS'.

definitely! Interesting healing aspect. I also enjoy TPS', one of my fav genres.

@b4x said:

@I_can_haz: Is that framerate drops I'm seeing, and shit animation transition? at 800p 30 fps?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Honestly, looks very good. Probably the best looking game to date. However, the gameplay looks like shit (Let's be hones here cows). If this game didn't look the way it did, noone would care.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By melonfarmerz

Honestly, looks very good. Probably the best looking game to date. However, the gameplay looks like shit (Let's be hones here cows). If this game didn't look the way it did, noone would care.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By misterpmedia

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Seriously though the game looks ok, but man that drab color palette, 800p, and the grain effects really hold this game back graphically. I wonder how much better Ryse would have looked at 800p? I will hold finally judgment but so far SO looks to be a lot more fun than this game for second half of 2014.

Stop spreading BS, brah. You can troll better than that.

He has been off form lately. The mentioning of desperation is probably over compensation for his own mindset.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By kuu2

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

What BS?

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

I hate to say that it didn't impress me in any other way than impressive engine work. I really dig Ready At Dawn, but with that demonstration they seem to have some work to do. 2014 graphics, 2006 gameplay scenarios. Sure, it's a short video and there is bound to be more to the game. I hope they are trying to wow people with graphical fidelity for the time being, because this makes me go " : / ".

Not saying you have to innovate around every corner, but at least showcase something a tad fresh. I know engine building and it being their first console title is a hell of a task. So I'll give them some breathing room and wait until E3.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@melonfarmerz: gameplay looks like shit? oh i like you a lot for saying that. honestly it doesn't and i know where you are going with this. you are trying to make it sound like another ryse with pretty graphics but shitty gameplay. nice try but keep the hate coming.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 chikenfriedrice

@kuu2: I saw framerate drops in the video and the gameplay just looks boring to me. Cows are hyping the graphics and that's all there seems to be.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

@kuu2: I saw framerate drops in the video and the gameplay just looks boring to me. Cows are hyping the graphics and that's all there seems to be.

You saw wrong, already been debunked. Also what exactly were you expecting, for a TPS?

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#228 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@emgesp said:

@pelvist:

Who cares about RTS, I said TPS. Stop sidestepping.

BTW, that was Twitch stream lag, not framerate issues. LOL

Sidestepping? You confused with someone else... If you really believe that having the best looking TPS (thats not even released yet) makes the PS4 a winner at something then its also a complete failure of a console with every other genre.

And that was obviously framerate issues in the video, just like we saw in the 15 FPS direct feed footage that was released in FEB. LOL!

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By melonfarmerz
@iwasgood2u said:

@melonfarmerz: gameplay looks like shit? oh i like you a lot for saying that. honestly it doesn't and i know where you are going with this. you are trying to make it sound like another ryse with pretty graphics but shitty gameplay. nice try but keep the hate coming.

Ok and what aspect of the culmination of all gameplay we've seen is unique in any way? This looks like a stale third person shooter with British accents... Graphically, it's a marvel you could play this on a PS4 and i'm amazed, but if this looked worse, there's no way anyone would buy it for the gameplay man. We literally saw 30 seconds of shooting at two guys and more and more cutscenes.

You know you're a fanboy when you respond by telling anyone who criticizes a game that they're a hater.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By lglz1337

@kuu2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

uhhmm the order has more pixels than RYSE so you know!

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

game looks good but the gameplay is very generic IMO.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 chikenfriedrice

@Desmonic: I'll have to take a look at a better video then, but that won't change how generic and boring the gameplay looks.

They counted this video down providing hype, they should have done a better job with the video so people won't think there are framerate issues.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By melonfarmerz

@scottpsfan14 said:
@melonfarmerz said:

What?!?! A hermit saying that? What the **** happened to you? But yeah, It looks nice, but I also really hope it's actually good to play.

Dude I'm not even a hermit. I'm picking up a PS4 next week and I do a lot of my gaming on PC. Somehow, because I stated several times that the PC is superior in many ways, I'm being called a fanboy?

But ya. This could be great if the gameplay is more than the shooting two guys we've seen so far...

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

That's probably the most impressive game GRAPHICALLY that I have ever seen on a console.

It's simply gorgeous.

Other than that though, so far, I haven't seen anything in the gameplay that makes me want to purchase a copy.

Will it be the PS4's equivalent to Ryse?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 chikenfriedrice

@Desmonic: Agreed

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kuu2

@chikenfriedrice said:

I never judge framerate off of videos but it didn't stop Cows from doing it to SO.

Just don't see how this reveal is exciting to anyone. It looks drab, boring, and reminds me of last gen.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

EPICCC!! It is CG all the way in gameplay and in out. That laser rifle!
Without the need of high powered expensive PC rig! Hermits should be impressed too.
The gaming industry will be moved and going on the up.
We have not even seen Uncharted 4. But wow!

lol at the haters and people talking like they have made better?
Credit where its due.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Awesome.! Can't wait for this game. And as usual, the regular herms posting hate, only exposing their insecurities. I'm sure, the same comments, qte, corridor shooter, etc. Gonna be posted all gen. And PlayStation will just end up with the biggest games of the gen, again.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#243 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Looks disappointing. I hope it was a just a bad example of the gameplay because the setting and story holds great promise.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#244 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@melonfarmerz said:

What?!?! A hermit saying that? What the **** happened to you? But yeah, It looks nice, but I also really hope it's actually good to play.

Dude I'm not even a hermit. I'm picking up a PS4 next week and I do a lot of my gaming on PC. Somehow, because I stated several times that the PC is superior in many ways, I'm being called a fanboy?

But ya. This could be great if the gameplay is more than the shooting two guys we've seen so far...

why are you buying a PS4 so soon? There are rumors that for this fall the PS4 will have some hardware reduction and you know... Less energy, less heat = better reliability.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By kuu2

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Desmonic said:

What BS?

1- It's not 800p. It's been proven and repeated plenty of times before.

2- Graphically speaking, so far, it looks better than any other console game.

As far gameplay, as you've rightly said, I'd rather wait until either a proper showing or a demo to judge it.

1. No, no, no, no.............. Game play =/= Black bars sorry that you have been duped.

2. Again no it doesn't based off that stream. Now it is a stream so we could have gotten a poor representation of the game but that is the devs fault not mine.

Sorry not impressed and the empty streets of Seattle look better than what was shown today from the Order: Letterbox Format.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Saw the game at 1080p, the quality was still shit (God damn YouTube). I have to say it looks good, it is obviously not CG as people are making it to be, there are a lot of apparent graphical inconsistencies. And as expected: the character models shine out while the rest remains so-so.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By misterpmedia

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Desmonic said:

1- It's not 800p. It's been proven and repeated plenty of times before.

2- Graphically speaking, so far, it looks better than any other console game.

As far gameplay, as you've rightly said, I'd rather wait until either a proper showing or a demo to judge it.

1. No, no, no, no.............. Game play =/= Black bars sorry that you have been duped.

2. Again no it doesn't based off that stream. Now it is a stream so we could have gotten a poor representation of the game but that is the devs fault not mine.

Sorry not impressed and the empty streets of Seattle look better than what was shown today from the Order: Letterbox Format.

I haven't been duped. You are trying to fool people though.

800p = 1280 x 800 (source)

The Order's res is actually 1920 x 800 =/= 1280 x 800. Sorry dude, this isn't even debatable or open for opinion. It is what it is and it's not "800p".

Also, unless you couldn't see the stream in HD, it looked better than anything released on either console so far. With some margin. Whether it'll retain that status come release date, it's a whole different story.

dude don't expect to convince him, waste of your time. this is kuu2 we're talking about. Lem chieftain. Also whenever you debunk most of his complaints he'll just bring up new ones. The E3 blowout may change some minds but Kuu2 digs his heels in when it comes to PS exclusives.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#249  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@TREAL_Since said:

I hate to say that it didn't impress me in any other way than impressive engine work. I really dig Ready At Dawn, but with that demonstration they seem to have some work to do. 2014 graphics, 2006 gameplay scenarios. Sure, it's a short video and there is bound to be more to the game. I hope they are trying to wow people with graphical fidelity for the time being, because this makes me go " : / ". Not saying you have to innovate around every corner, but at least showcase something a tad fresh. I know engine building and it being their first console title is a hell of a task. So I'll give them some breathing room and wait until E3.

Jesus, after having played the Uncharted trilogy, Vanquish and The Last Of Us, I swear i gotta be one of the most chill, easily impressed guys in Florida.

The backlash towards gameplay so far has been unfair & a bit exploded out of proportion. I honestly believe they got a fun formula going on here to keep us hooked from a gameplay standpoint with unique weapons, partial destructibility, Blackwater healing, and the dynamic hand-to-hand combat that applies several different melee outcomes for every enemy you encounter.

The game ain't reinventing the Third Person Genre sure, but what game developer doesn't and their games turn out just as good? Instead this game implements these neat, fun little features in gameplay that have been done before on other games with much more horrid execution and I never heard anybody complain about that. These gameplay features actually seem to be executed better in The Order 1886 with new tech and flashy particles to make it look nice & entertaining (which is a harmless addition). Furthermore, RAD already chose the perfect timeline that few games have dared to experiment with and seem confident to deliver a unique experience with that decision.

People just need to chill and trust their judgement.