gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12137 Posts

That "gameplay" looked boring as hell and would seem to be annoying as hell to play. It's like, shoot this guy here, shoot there, cinematic, shoot again, cinematic, cinematic, walk here shoot that, cinematic all in like 5 minutes lol. I hope there's long sections where you can just sit back relax and strategize gun battles without these cinematic intruding.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

TPS=TPS

@Wasdie said:

@lglz1337 said:

ok admin what do you expect from a tPS ?

plz tell me what would be a big game changer for you when talking about a TPS seriously ?

you expecting a new genre or something ?

First off, I'm not an admin.

Second I would prefer something like Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive where they are implementing new control schemes and gameplay elements to their respective genre. The Order 1886 so far just looks like your generic cover based shooter. There is no larger meta game, there is no unique multiplayer (or any for that matter), and so far we haven't seen anything new. It's just a standard TPS with a next gen graphic overhaul. That's boring to me.

Maybe there will be more to the game, but I'm highly doubting that. It seems like a waste to make such a linear shooter today, especially when the setting is extremely unique like it is.

I'm not expecting a revolution, but something that is unique would be a nice change of pace. So far it looks like a slower Uncharted or Gears of War which isn't enough to really wow me anymore.

'wow me anymore"

personally i think you're tired of gaming and should take a break!

in my eyes sunset overdrive is just a Infamous/dayZ nothing new there is a guy with a gun jumping around killing colored zombies..

1 min of video and this is your conclusion..lol

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#153 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53593 Posts

@Ribnarak said:

definitely get where you're coming from. But innovation is pretty hard these days since so much has already been done.

Sometimes a game could just be good because of its story, its setting (the environment), the feeling that you get when you play. I think if the order 1886 excels in those areas, it'll be a great game.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, I'm just underwhelmed and I think a lot of non-biased fanboys are as well. Story and setting can only take a game so far. If it ends up being repetitive and not fun then it's going to be underwhelming.

There is plenty of innovation to go around when it comes to games. Just look at the examples I said in the post. Titanfall introduced one major new mechainc to FPSs and refined a few existing and came across as a very unique and fun package. Too bad there wasn't enough to do in the game or had a single player/co-op which took advantage of the innovations. Sunset Overdrive is also smartly combining 3rd person shooting, free running elements, and platforming as well as doing some fancy stuff with co-op to make the game feel great.

A lot of other games are also finding subtle ways of making the standard shooting of a first person shooter or third person shooter more engaging by seamlessly connecting us with other players and dynamically changing the world around us. Procedural generation of levels is also a new thing that is gaining a lot of traction.

I feel that The Order 1886 is just wasting it's beautiful graphics and setting on your old fashion TPS setup. QTEs to blend gameplay with cinematic experiences and a lot of cover based shooting. It may still be a good game but it's really kind of lame when you start looking at what other games are trying to do this generation.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

Prepare for them Gifs

Be stunned.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@emgesp said:

Can any of you PC Elitists show me a TPS on the PC that looks anywhere near as good as The Order:1886 graphically?

You guys say the PS4 is so underpowered yet I don't see many PC games that look as good as this.

There's loads of PC games that not just as good as this but better then this.... This looks good though.

I guess he never played on a decent gaming pc. I give the order props it looks pretty good. It's gotthe crown on console as far as I can tell.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@tonitorsi: thanks for the video, looks awesome.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7834 Posts

@Wasdie:

PC elitists have been talking mad crap about the PS4's hardware, yet I haven't seen one TPS on the PC that looks anywhere near as good as The Order:1886 graphically.

GTX Titans and SLI setups be damned when a $399.99 console has games that looks this amazing.

BTW, this is system wars if you forgot.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

Graphics are insane. Gameplay... it's a TPS. At least they didn't show us just a corridor this time. I still want to see what the beasts are like.

Yup, that is what I'm currently waiting to get more info on.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Just so everyone knows this is still a very old clip back from the game informer article.

Expect a huge upgrade and information blowout at E3 in regards to the detective and horror elements, and some of the werewolf enemies shown.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 emgesp

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@scatteh316 said:
@emgesp said:

Can any of you PC Elitists show me a TPS on the PC that looks anywhere near as good as The Order:1886 graphically?

You guys say the PS4 is so underpowered yet I don't see many PC games that look as good as this.

There's loads of PC games that not just as good as this but better then this.... This looks good though.

I guess he never played on a decent gaming pc. I give the order props it looks pretty good. It's gotthe crown on console as far as I can tell.

I have and I agree there are some nice looking PC games out there, but I've yet to see a TPS on the PC that looks this good. If I'm wrong then please prove me wrong and show me these graphically superior TPS games on the PC.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 lglz1337

@Wasdie said:

@Ribnarak said:

definitely get where you're coming from. But innovation is pretty hard these days since so much has already been done.

Sometimes a game could just be good because of its story, its setting (the environment), the feeling that you get when you play. I think if the order 1886 excels in those areas, it'll be a great game.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, I'm just underwhelmed and I think a lot of non-biased fanboys are as well. Story and setting can only take a game so far. If it ends up being repetitive and not fun then it's going to be underwhelming.

There is plenty of innovation to go around when it comes to games. Just look at the examples I said in the post. Titanfall introduced one major new mechainc to FPSs and refined a few existing and came across as a very unique and fun package. Too bad there wasn't enough to do in the game or had a single player/co-op which took advantage of the innovations. Sunset Overdrive is also smartly combining 3rd person shooting, free running elements, and platforming as well as doing some fancy stuff with co-op to make the game feel great.

A lot of other games are also finding subtle ways of making the standard shooting of a first person shooter or third person shooter more engaging by seamlessly connecting us with other players and dynamically changing the world around us. Procedural generation of levels is also a new thing that is gaining a lot of traction.

I feel that The Order 1886 is just wasting it's beautiful graphics and setting on your old fashion TPS setup. QTEs to blend gameplay with cinematic experiences and a lot of cover based shooting. It may still be a good game but it's really kind of lame when you start looking at what other games are trying to do this generation.

what is wrong with people liking QTEs to blend gameplay with cinematic experiences and a lot of cover based shooting ?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Scratching my head as to why Sony feels the need to show off really ancient gameplay though. They should stop doing that lol. Otherwise, looked fantastic. The delay to very early 2015 will be worth it I'm sure. Driveclub is testament to that!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Wasdie  Moderator

@lglz1337 said:

what is wrong with people liking QTEs to blend gameplay with cinematic experiences and a lot of cover based shooting ?

You can like it, it's just stale and it's not going to be liked by everybody. I know for a fact I'm not the only one out there who is sick of the same formula that has been used since Gears of War.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

Prepare for them Gifs

Is there no stop to the #SDC?! This game and DriveClub are setting new standards with graphics. The Order looks like CG, damn. I haven't seen a better looking TPS in all my life. At this point eyeballs will explode at E3 when Naughtygods get on stage with Uncharted 4.

LAWD!!!!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@emgesp said:

@scatteh316 said:
@emgesp said:

Graphically? Show me one. Show me a TPS on the PC that is visually superior. These are true next-gen visuals my friend.

Here is a old game on pc with mods

Loading Video...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 emgesp

Calling this game generic? It isn't trying to be the next Journey for christs sake. It is a freaking third person shooter and will play like a third person shooter has been for years. When was the last time a game redefined a genre? Some of you guys probably just never liked the TPS genre to begin with.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@I_can_haz: Is that framerate drops I'm seeing, and shit animation transition? at 800p 30 fps?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Wasdie  Moderator
@emgesp said:

@Wasdie:

PC elitists have been talking mad crap about the PS4's hardware, yet I haven't seen one TPS on the PC that looks anywhere near as good as The Order:1886 graphically.

GTX Titans and SLI setups be damned when a $399.99 console has games that looks this amazing.

BTW, this is system wars if you forgot.

PC games talk crap about the PS4's hardware because it's quite a bit weaker than modern PCs. Furthermore you're limiting it to just third person shooters which is not a popular genre on the PC and most third person shooters have been console exclusive. So really you're just tailoring it so you can somehow have a small victory in the short run.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By lglz1337
@Wasdie said:

@lglz1337 said:

You can like it, it's just stale and it's not going to be liked by everybody. I know for a fact I'm not the only one out there who is sick of the same formula that has been used since Gears of War.

i wonder why you mention gear of war is gears not just a Kill Switch clone ?

it's clear TPS is not your genre

TLOU did nothing different still it's 1 of the best game last gen

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#171  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Damn, now this is a next-gen looking game. Hope it doesn't get a Ubisoft-tier downgrade.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 B4X

@princeofshapeir said:

Damn, now this is a next-gen looking game. Hope it doesn't get a Ubisoft-tier downgrade.

There is nothing next gen about that game play. #bomb

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By lglz1337

@no-scope-AK47: not even close that does not look like a CGI!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@b4x said:

@I_can_haz: Is that framerate drops I'm seeing, and shit animation transition? at 800p 30 fps?

Not 800p fail troll

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By emgesp

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@emgesp said:

@scatteh316 said:
@emgesp said:

Graphically? Show me one. Show me a TPS on the PC that is visually superior. These are true next-gen visuals my friend.

Here is a old game on pc with mods

Yes, modded Skyrim looks nice, but you can't fix the wonky animations. Character animations will always be crap in Skyrim regardless of mods. Also, you are showing me a video of cherry picked scenes with no actual gameplay. Lastly, those character models have a very plastic barbie doll look to them,

The Order 1886 has full body mo-cap including the faces I believe. The particle system is also vastly superior to anything you will see in modded Skyrim.

BTW, I asked you to show a TPS on the PC. Skyrim is a role playing/action game.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@b4x said:

There's no framedrop, the framerate is locked at 30. You're noticing the fact that the GIF was captured from a Twitch stream you wild lemming.

Also the game isn't 800p you failed troll lemming.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#177  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

Just so everyone knows this is still a very old clip back from the game informer article.

Expect a huge upgrade and information blowout at E3 in regards to the detective and horror elements, and some of the werewolf enemies shown.

so all this was nothing but a ploy to leave us in awe when we see it again at E3? But if the game can still look better than this then the current gen consoles are not as weak as many of us thought.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By B4X

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

Not 800p fail troll

I forgot. The black bars are 1080p also. My bad.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@lglz1337 said:

I find The Last of Us incredibly overrated. My opinion of course. The game also combined a lot of mechanics that were not found in the mainstream and came together in a really polished package. So that's why people loved it. With The Order 1886 I'm not seeing those kind of unique gameplay elements being combined.

Calling Gears of War a Kill Switch clone is really weak. Yes it has very similar gameplay, but Gears of War was actually a great game that took the ideas that Kill Switch had and made them work and work well. Gears is the game that made third person shooting popular last generation.

Third person shooters are my genre. I own Gears 1-3, all 4 Uncharted games, Starhawk, and plenty more. I love third person shooters and that's why this game underwhelms me. It's more of the same. I've played some damn good third person shooters and this one is trying to replicate the formula. I'm only going to be let down by that as there is very little chance that they'll do better than what's already been done. If anything they'll be just as good (thus coming off as too familiar and a bit boring) or, more likely, not be as good which will just be disappoint.

So far I see nothing but graphics and a neat setting to get excited for. Sadly I can't play graphics and the setting and story aren't so great that it's an instant must own for me.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 emgesp

@Wasdie:

It is only fair to compare games of the same genre. It makes no sense to compare a TPS to a Racing Game and say one is graphically superior to the other.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#181  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@tonitorsi said:

Prepare for them Gifs

Be stunned.

Or be Godny'd

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Wasdie  Moderator

@emgesp said:

@Wasdie:

It is only fair to compare games of the same genre. It makes no sense to compare a TPS to a Racing Game and say one is graphically superior to the other.

Not entirely. I could easily compare a 3rd person shooter to a first person shooter. The only real thing missing from the first person shooter is the character model on the screen, otherwise the games are practically the same.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By tonitorsi

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

Not 800p fail troll

Go slow on the brethren.

Godny promotes Live, Love, Learn.

#LoveThyNeighborBitch

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By lglz1337

@Wasdie said:

@lglz1337 said:

I find The Last of Us incredibly overrated. My opinion of course. The game also combined a lot of mechanics that were not found in the mainstream and came together in a really polished package.

Calling Gears of War a Kill Switch clone is really weak. Yes it has very similar gameplay, but Gears of War was actually a great game that took the ideas that Kill Switch had and made them work and work well. Gears is the game that made third person shooting popular last generation.

Third person shooters are my genre. I own Gears 1-3, all 4 Uncharted games, Starhawk, and plenty more. I love third person shooters and that's why this game underwhelms me. It's more of the same. I've played some damn good third person shooters and this one is trying to replicate the formula. I'm only going to be let down by that as there is very little chance that they'll do better than what's already been done. If anything they'll be just as good (thus coming off as too familiar and a bit boring) or, more likely, not be as good which will just be disappoint.

So far I see nothing but graphics and a neat setting to get excited for. Sadly I can't play graphics and the setting and story aren't so great that it's an instant must own for me.

yup confirmed you are tired of TPS that's why it underwhelms you, i remember boring sections in gears and uncharted. writing the game off from a minute of gameplay is really lame also i remember TLOU got slammed in the beginning.

could the order 1 minute gameplay not be a 'stand-out' moment ? maybe we will see wallrunning in the next video that will turn you on

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 8079 Posts
@emgesp said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@scatteh316 said:
@emgesp said:

I have and I agree there are some nice looking PC games out there, but I've yet to see a TPS on the PC that looks this good. If I'm wrong then please prove me wrong and show me these graphically superior TPS games on the PC.

Im yet to see a RTS on console that looks as good as World in Conflict, a space game that looks as good as X3, a milsim that looks as good as Arma 3 or a flight sim that looks as good as Wings of Prey. What do I win? TO1886 may look fairly good (at least graphically) but the framerate shown in that video was absolutely atrocious and even with a controller and aim assist it would be terrible to play. The devs have a lot of optimizing to do because the PS4 is obviously struggling with this one.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#186  Edited By vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

Those graphics are insane, I'm on the hype train.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#187 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37256 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Not bad, can't wait for the lengthier blow out at E3. Interested in knowing more about the story.

Agreed. Like what was the little drink that healed the old guy? I think it has possibilities, and I dig TPS'.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@lglz1337 said:

yup confirmed you are tired of TPS that's why it underwhelms you, i remember boring sections in gears and uncharted. writing the game off from a minute of gameplay is really lame also i remember TLOU got slammed in the beginning.

could this the order 1 minute gameplay not be a 'stand-out' moment ?

It underwhelms me because it's trying to do what Uncharted did (sans the platforming which made Uncharted unique) and will probably not be as good as Uncharted. That's not me being tired of the genre, that's me seeing the obvious.

Why would they show the boring parts of the game when it's in their best interest to get us excited for the game?

The only people I see getting really excited for this game in this thread are Sony fanboys who are really banking on this game to be good so that they can claim ownage here. I own a Playstation 4 and I am awaiting for some new content. I'm sure 1886 will be fun but there is nothing impressive gameplay wise from what we've seen of the game and that worries me. Pretty games aren't automatically fun. If this is going to be a single player only game they better do something worthy of multiple playthroughs. Everything I've seen so far has been pretty boring and that's not a good sign.

It's not burnout, it's seeing the obvious. There is nothing fresh or unique about the gameplay in the slightest. It's just an extremely pretty third person shooter which is almost a clone of how Uncharted feels. That's not good as I don't have any confidence they can make a better game than Uncharted.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

HOLY JESUS no cloud computing necessary! Graphic king confirm. In short... it has the cinematic movie feel to it. This will be day 1 purchase for me motherfuckers and haters! Hate on me i dont care got my flame shield equiped and ready to knock the lemmings off their feet! The lemmings are so jealous of this game that they had put down their controller and stopped playing Titanfall. I can see it now.... the lemmings just wet their grandma panties and drooled all over their 40inch tv (720p) wishing they had owned a ps4 instead. Hey it's never too late to sell your POS xboner and get a ps4! lol. The cow nation are in open arms for you lemmings to jump ship. We welcome you losers to own the console that will dominate throughout this generation. You automatically become a winner after joining the Cow Nation.

I would like to correct those lemmings saying it's gears clone. If you had said it's Resident Evil clone then I would have agreed with ya. It does have advanced graphic though. Gears of war gunplay seems outdated compared to many other 3rd person shooter and the graphic was overwhelming and colorless. I have played gears of war on my pc when it first came out and it was an OK game nothing to brag about. The graphic was uneasy to the eyes and left me with that uncomfy feeling.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By emgesp

@pelvist:

Who cares about RTS, I said TPS. Stop sidestepping.

BTW, that was Twitch stream lag, not framerate issues. LOL

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By tonitorsi

More Gifs coming, closer look at the particle effects. Its looking good.

#Fangirling

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Really hope this has a good story because the premise is cool and the game looks nice but holy shit that gameplay looks boring.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#193 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Game needs a lot of work. However the graphics look good.

Dialog is meh, animation is meh, frame rate chugging and the sound/music is meh.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

This looks like the first next gen game, visually. Makes Ryse look like God of War 2. Xbox One doesn't have the horsepower to do stuff like this. If Sony sells far more ps4s than microsoft does X1s, you can bet that X1 will either be getting 20fps versions of games, or even wiiu versions--though wiiu does 1080p so who the heck knows what ms gets; in other words xbox one sucks.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@Wasdie said:

@Ribnarak said:

Lol, you were bashing the hell out of Ryse for its QTEs and now ur here saying this?? Funny stuff from cows so far in this thread.

On topic...is there a wildfire going on in the area in this game or something? Everything is so gray and smokey. looks great, but the fog n haze is annoying. the voice acting and gun sound work seem horrible too. The pistol sounds like a toy cap gun...the particle effects were great though.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By B4X

@mems_1224 said:

Really hope this has a good story because the premise is cool and the game looks nice but holy shit that gameplay looks boring.

Gameplay, we play graphics around here!

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

More Gifs coming, closer look at the particle effects. Its looking good.

#Fangirling

Godny laying it thick.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By tonitorsi

Updated the OP with a smoother, less choppier 1080p Gameplay video, its much better.

+Recommend.

Loading Video...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By emgesp

Saying this game looks boring because there is so much cover based shooting is like saying Mario is boring because you have to jump a lot. This games fits the genre exactly, so what the hell are you guys expecting from this game? Did you honestly expect this game was going to to truly redefine the TPS genre? Please, show me the last game that truly redefined a genre in the past 5 yrs.

jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

First thing I see is the camera getting so close it clips through the player model.

Second thing I see is that this game has a less colorful palette than a movie from the '20s.

Third thing I see is the scripted sequence where the AI can't shoot straight, even from 20 feet away.

I WAS hyped for this game, and now, not so much. If this is going to be out in 2014, it's going to flop. It needs work.