#Megaton: The Order 1886 Gameplay Sneak Peak Video

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#601 Edited by slimdogmilionar (969 posts) -

Graphics look good, downgraded but good. On a side note the movement, cover system, and shooting all seem to come straight from Gears, I guess since PS fans been crying for Gears all last gen Sony had to give them something.

#603 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

The graphics of The Order should make any graphics whore and PC gamer play it even though they might not want a PS4.
People should stop acting like PS4 and Xbox One have really bad graphics when they dont and games run fine on them.
I've seen graphics on the Wii that would make the game a worse experience of the same game available elsewhere.
Games like The Order will force developers to produce and make better, which in effect, make more better games for PC and Xbox one too.
Benchmarks are being set and broken continually by next gen games.

#604 Posted by NFJSupreme (6490 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

The graphics of The Order should make any graphics whore and PC gamer play it even though they might not want a PS4.

People should stop acting like PS4 and Xbox One have really bad graphics when they dont and games run fine on them.

I've seen graphics on the Wii that would make the game a worse experience of the same game available elsewhere.

Games like The Order will force developers to produce and make better, which in effect, make more better games for PC and Xbox one too.

not 1080p, sub 30 fps, excessive screen tearing, constant judder. Um from what I've seen PC graphic whores wouldn't touch this.

#605 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Couth_ said:

This thread is the most action the forum has gotten in months

Yup, all the butthurt lems suddenly came out from their holes.

Makes me wonder what will happen when Naughty Dog show off Uncharted 4 at E3. System Wars servers may go down lol.

they will go to youtube find a compressed or bad source video and talk bs until it comes out blows anything xbone has to offer.

#606 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

lol all these cows thinking this game will amount to anything other than graphics

#608 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@melonfarmerz said:

Earlier said this might be the best looking game ever. Taking that back after seeing more gameplay. It's literally cutscene after cutscene followed by some typical cover based shooting and narrow corridors where the only things that had to be modelled were walls and floor tiles...

Back in hermit mode. Never lasted long.

LOL or maybe I'm not a fanboy of any platform and unlike you, I don't blindly praise whatever my favourite multibillion dollar corp shows me next without any critical thinking.

I liked what I saw, so I read up on the game. Then I stopped liking it because of what I SAW, not because of my previous allegiances like you.

#610 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Okay here is what that gap in power represents. The ps4 is equal to a xflop+the wii u +the 360. Does that sound like a small gap to you ???

As for exclusives Sony outside of maybe NIntendo has the most exclusives on console. MS is dead last now maybe that might change but I have not heard of MS buying any devs. In fact it was just the opposite rare posted lay off's. So where are all these exclusives coming from??

Ms pulled the same stunt on the 360 coming out strong then nothing.

Sure, whatever floats you boat, whatever makes you sleep at night

I am not losing sleep cause I didn't buy a x180. Ms has basically turned the xflop into a ps4. Only problem is Sony has the stronger console and a much stronger 1st party history. No matter how you look at it the ps4 is the better value.

#611 Edited by Cyberdot (3928 posts) -

Nice TV show.

#612 Edited by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

Are you Lems serious? I havent seen so much damage controll in a long time here, comparing a recorded blurry twitch stream to a HQ screenshot, say what you want but thats just trolling, someone has already pointed out that the characters faces have actually improved with a better comparison.

Lemmings did the same thing with Infamous and got proven wrong, unlike the Forza 5 cardboard cutout crowds downgrade.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#613 Posted by stereointegrity (11582 posts) -

@b4x said:

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

@I_can_haz: Is that framerate drops I'm seeing, and shit animation transition? at 800p 30 fps?

Not 800p fail troll

I forgot. The black bars are 1080p also. My bad.

nope who cares about the black bars....its still not 800p

#614 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@stereointegrity: I care about the black bars. Them and the film grain suck

#615 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

Very underwhelming. I loved all of RADs games but this did nothing for me.

I'm sorry but is there something that should've stood out or seemed next gen about this ? Because it looked like a regular TPS to me :/

And it also didn't look more cinematic than some other games just because they added the black bars ...

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#616 Posted by stereointegrity (11582 posts) -

@lostrib said:

then dont buy the game?

#617 Posted by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm sorry but is there something that should've stood out or seemed next gen about this ? Because it looked like a regular TPS to me :/

And it also didn't look more cinematic than some other games just because they added the black bars ...

It looks shiny, my Belgian friend.

Voting tomorrow. Woot! Woot!

#618 Edited by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@lostrib said:

then dont buy the game?

lostrib is one of those cats that has to be in every thread posting about how much he DOESN'T care for what he's posting about

#619 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

It looks shiny, my Belgian friend.

Voting tomorrow. Woot! Woot!

That's all I see it being hyped for. Graphics.

Don't people remember what happened to Ryse ?

Yes, pal. Gotta go to bed now, wake up early so I can go stand in line XD

#620 Posted by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

That's all I see it being hyped for. Graphics.

Don't people remember what happened to Ryse ?

Yes, pal. Gotta go to bed now, wake up early so I can go stand in line XD

Ryse was a gameplay mechanically masterpiece. You know that!

Alright, man. Catch you later! I'm going early, too!

#621 Edited by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Ryse was a gameplay mechanically masterpiece. You know that!

Alright, man. Catch you later! I'm going early, too!

Nah, man, I was just kidding :P

I always go really late, that way you can actually avoid any lines. At least that is the case for me. I live in a small town with no computer voting, so that could also be a reason.

You know who you're gonna vote for yet ? Or undecided ?

Ryse was just missing something... something on the top and bottom of the screen to make it more cinematic... can't quite put my finger on what it was.

#622 Posted by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Nah, man, I was just kidding :P

I always go really late, that way you can actually avoid any lines. At least that is the case for me. I live in a small town with no computer voting, so that could also be a reason.

You know who you're gonna vote for yet ? Or undecided ?

Ryse was just missing something... something on the top and bottom of the screen to make it more cinematic... can't quite put my finger on what it was.

Well, I live in the city, so (at least over here) no one's gonna get up early :P

I'll go as early as possible. My brother is one of the people that has to take your voting ticket and identiteitskaart. He's getting paid €40.

Probably CD&V and.. Uhm.. I don't know, really. They all kinda promise the same thing. NVA. Bart De Wever is saying some weird shit. Don't know about him. I think he's magician, seeing as how much weight he has lost in such a short of time. Untrustworthy lol :p

Yeah, we both love the Roman era. Ryse was our dream, and Crytek smashed it. But yes, some black bars would've put it above the average hack and slash :p

You?

#623 Edited by tormentos (26634 posts) -
@slimdogmilionar said:

Graphics look good, downgraded but good. On a side note the movement, cover system, and shooting all seem to come straight from Gears, I guess since PS fans been crying for Gears all last gen Sony had to give them something.

Any one saying this game was downgraded deserve to be call a raging lunatic fanboy.

Not only the game looks incredible it shows the Stream isn't really helping their case.

Dude Gears of war shooting come straight from RE4 and Killswitch hardly innovative at all,people need to stop with the damage control,wow every time a great looking game comes out is the same sh** downplay time.lol

@NFJSupreme said:

not 1080p, sub 30 fps, excessive screen tearing, constant judder. Um from what I've seen PC graphic whores wouldn't touch this.

That is from the fu**ing video mane,they already say there wasn't screen tearing and the judder is from the stream not from the game,and 240:1 without black bars isn't 1920x1080p either,is actually higher.

Say all you want the game is freaking impressive even compare to PC games you should stop getting your damn fragile egos hurt so easy,so PC developers never push hardware as hard as console developers do so what,imaging is this freaking game was done to spec of the R9 290X,it would blow the sh** out of any PC game to date,hyping about PC GPU is stupid,get a 7850 and get those graphics on 800p even at 30 FPS,this sh** already happen find me a damn 7800GTX that can run anything like Uncharted 3,is not even close.

Is a joke to see hermits pretend with the fragile egos hurt that this game isn't impressive,who wants to bet it will be into the best graphics category or even wins it this year.?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#624 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

aye? 1920x800 isn't 800p. if 792p, a resolution 'common' on xbox one in recent memory, has a resolution of 1408x792, then why would 800p be 1920x800? it's not, 800p would be 1422x800.

anyway the 1920x800 game actually looks better then i'd have expected it to look and play. i'd be keen to see it in action.

though i would prefer if all the protagonists had very thick glaswegian accents.

#625 Edited by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Well, I live in the city, so (at least over here) no one's gonna get up early :P

I'll go as early as possible. My brother is one of the people that has to take your voting ticket and identiteitskaart. He's getting paid €40.

Probably CD&V and.. Uhm.. I don't know, really. They all kinda promise the same thing. NVA. Bart De Wever is saying some weird shit. Don't know about him. I think he's magician, seeing as how much weight he has lost in such a short of time. Untrustworthy lol :p

Yeah, we both love the Roman era. Ryse was our dream, and Crytek smashed it. But yes, some black bars would've put it above the average hack and slash :p

You?

Haha, we're both going at the best possible time :p

Nobody wants to stand in line on sunday, that's crazy !

I used to vote for the Nieuw Vlaamse Alliantie. Kind of a protest vote so those traditional parties would get off their ass and we wouldn't be stuck in a political rut. But I really don't like their view on some things that have been coming up in interviews and in newspapers.

So now I'm undecided. I'll see tomorrow :p

Next thing we know Maggie will start losing a lot of weight XD

edit: Oh I see, your brother is getting paid for that. That's something I didn't know. Thought it was completely uhm... onbezoldigd

#626 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

What games? Portable spin-offs or ports of older games on different platforms (i.e. Okami)?

#628 Edited by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

What games? Portable spin-offs or ports of older games on different platforms (i.e. Okami)?

Yeah those, all of them.

Daxter and the GOW games. Haven't played Okami yet, but I plan to on PS3.

I dunno, I was just expecting something spectacular when I heard they were going to make a game on next gen consoles. This just looks like another TPS to me.

At least when they made GOW, we knew it would be another GOW :P

#629 Posted by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Haha, we're both going at the best possible time :p

Nobody wants to stand in line on sunday, that's crazy !

I used to vote for the Nieuw Vlaamse Alliantie. Kind of a protest vote so those traditional parties would get off their ass and we wouldn't be stuck in a political rut. But I really don't like their view on some things that have been coming up in interviews and in newspapers.

So now I'm undecided. I'll see tomorrow :p

Next thing we know Maggie will start losing a lot of weight XD

That's a good point. That's my problem with these parties. Nothing extreme enough that warrants change, but like you said, at the same time, not everything they want is something I agree with.

Hey, if De Wever can, anyone can :p

Happy voting!

#630 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26942 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

That's a good point. That's my problem with these parties. Nothing extreme enough that warrants change, but like you said, at the same time, not everything they want is something I agree with.

Hey, if De Wever can, anyone can :p

Happy voting!

Yeah, it's just so very boring. And that's both good and bad. Because I don't want elections like other countries where there are weapons being fired and groups fighting each other. I'm happy to live in politically boring belgium then XD

I wonder if we'll make the international press if we break our own record of political negotiations though. haha

You too !

#631 Edited by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, it's just so very boring. And that's both good and bad. Because I don't want elections like other countries where there are weapons being fired and groups fighting each other. I'm happy to live in politically boring belgium then XD

I wonder if we'll make the international press if we break our own record of political negotiations though. haha

You too !

We got it for being so long without a government :p Belgium isn't giving up yet!

But yeah, boring can be good :p

#632 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

BOOKMARKED FOR FUTURE

@StrongDeadlift

@FastRobby

@FoxbatAlpha

@T-razor1

@Scipio8

@Stringerboy

@slimdogmilionar

HQ version will make these guys look stupid!

/added Stringerboy and slimdogmilionar

anyone else want to participate in this wall of shame list ? just give me a call!

#633 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

The order 1886 could be the gears for Sony seeing how good this looks Killzone should be epic.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
#634 Posted by slimdogmilionar (969 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

BOOKMARKED FOR FUTURE

@StrongDeadlift

@FastRobby

@FoxbatAlpha

@T-razor1

@Scipio8

@Stringerboy

@slimdogmilionar

HQ version will make these guys look stupid!

/added Stringerboy and slimdogmilionar

anyone else want to participate in this wall of shame list ? just give me a call!

How I didn't say anything bad just that the game looks like gears and that's the truth. This is the one game I've been waitin for on PS4, once this comes out I'll pick up a ps4 and SS, between those 2 and my 1 games I should be good until Halo and Left for Dead 3 come out,oh and Evolve.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#635 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

is that gif supposed to be graphically impressive?

It IS graphically impressive. The visuals in the game are outstanding, it's the gameplay that's boring to look at

maybe i've turned into a PC elitist but all I see is screen tearing and judder. I'd actually use that gif if I were trying to troll the game.

Screen tearing is on the videos end. The stream was shit and thus made the game look worse than it really is, the devs even said there was no tearing at all and if there is they will get rid of it

#636 Posted by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

hahahaha!! Megaton? That looked boring as ****. That has to be some of the worst AI I've ever seen. They literally just stood still, exposed on a rooftop, missing constantly as that guy fired his pistol at them. The enemies didn't seem to hit him once, and whoever was playing that game was fucking shitty at it--constantly missing. It has a nice depth of field effect, but otherwise it just looks drab and grey.

Really fucking sad that in 2014 the gaming industry still hasn't surpassed the original FEAR's AI.

#637 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

hahahaha!! Megaton? That looked boring as ****. That has to be some of the worst AI I've ever seen. They literally just stood still, exposed on a rooftop, missing constantly as that guy fired his pistol at them. The enemies didn't seem to hit him once, and whoever was playing that game was fucking shitty at it--constantly missing. It has a nice depth of field effect, but otherwise it just looks drab and grey.

Really fucking sad that in 2014 the gaming industry still hasn't surpassed the original FEAR's AI.

If the game is too hard all the kids will cry

#638 Posted by lazerface216 (7564 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@amazonangry said:

and i predict this game will be forgotten 2 months after release like Infamous SS was lol.

lol kinda like titanfall, ryse, KI and dead rising, amirite? this is how we naturally are as a society, on to the next one...

#639 Posted by Vatusus (7894 posts) -

Dayum, came on to check this thread again and I must say I'm not disappoint. One day later and still lots of butthurt and DC comments

:)

#640 Posted by vincent380 (2244 posts) -

I am convinced some people will do anything to discredit this game. Looks awesome.

#641 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@g0ddyX said:

As I said before about hermits... I can tell your not full fledged hermit, but I think you saw where he was coming from. Don't be discriminating all the time. It sets the benchmark for next gen assets like polygon count of characters and levels, and animations etc. PS3/360 did the same last gen with Gears and Uncharted. It also has an amazing dynamic texture system that looks like real material. It's pretty exciting stuff for real time graphics. Lets just see how the game looks at release and stop jumping to conclusions based on a screen cap of a twitch feed from youtube.

Developers like Naughty Dog raised boundaries for such old hardware consoles, imagine the knock on effect it would have on other developers to excel and produce better games.
PC graphic lovers and PC gamers would play this game, considering the hardware and limits and what the market is like on console gaming.
There is a lot worse.
I would not be suprised if there was a petition for the Order PC version, not thats a bad thing, I would love a PC version with mods myself.
It is a feed from youtube, and the actual thing is going to look and play a lot better, and the experience should hopefully be epic.

#642 Edited by gpuking (3914 posts) -

When we get HQ videos on Tuesday, it will bring total annihilation to the lem trolls who desperately cling on low iq compressed YT grabs to claim downgrade and other bs. Honestly if I'm a lemming I would sweat like a mofo knowing nothing on XBone looks even close to The Order graphically.

#643 Posted by lundy86_4 (48575 posts) -

@gpuking said:

When we get HQ videos on Tuesday, it will bring total annihilation to the lem trolls who desperately cling on low iq compressed YT grabs to claim downgrade and other bs. Honestly if I'm a lemming I would sweat like a mofo knowing nothing on XBone looks even close to The Order graphically.

Kk. Whilst I feel that it will still look good, it's hard to ignore the differences posted in this thread (beyond compression and poor quality). The LoD looked drastically hampered within the environment, as well as the characters. Even dropping to an "infiltration" uniform still took out distinct detail. The dev addressing this gave a statement a little to "on the nose."

#644 Posted by gpuking (3914 posts) -

Er, haven't you seen any of the tweets from the devs, the change of uniform is for Infiltration purpose, the original uniform is well and truly still there. Lighting has seen a drastic improvement which now shows much more shadows and brings out more depth on the characters. And how can you tell LOD from an infinitely compressed footage that hides all kind of details? It baffles me the level of trolling people are trying to bring this game's visual down, it's almost like they're so afraid of it. But all will be proven soon enough.

#645 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Guaranteed the lem/herm rage will push this thread past 15 pages by weekend's end.

#646 Posted by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -

I'm still not excited for it. Seamless transitions are pretty neat although on multiple playthroughs if you can't skip them, e.g. Uncharted, I could see them getting really annoying.

#647 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

We have the winner .

#648 Posted by freedomfreak (49803 posts) -

Hey, stop criticising this game. It looks pretty, and that's enough.

#649 Edited by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar: "Graphics look good, DOWNGRADED but good."

#650 Posted by gpuking (3914 posts) -

The AI in that particular body dragging scene is scripted according to the dev, the typical play through AI is very different.