Media Molecule: Dreams PSVR support 'nearly done'.

• 53 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Dreams is shaping up to be another AAAE for Sony. Right now it's sitting at 91 on meta (might fall, but will still be a solid exclusive, for sure). Critical as well as user reviews are through the roof positive. The early access has created a huge community, and by all accounts, Dreams is amazing.

Which makes the PSVR version suuuuuper exciting. If things stand on meta, PSVR is about to get another 90 bracket exclusive (as we all know, Astro Bot is one of the highest scoring games of the gen). At the very least, it will be getting an awesome addition to the PSVR library. I. Can't. Freakin'. Wait. Creating my own worlds in VR, and being able to jump into countless others will be a dream come true. Pardon the corny joke. I'm giddy about this news, if you can't tell. :)

https://uploadvr.com/dreams-psvr-support-nearly-done/

From the article:

"Today marks the release of long-anticipated PS4 exclusive, Dreams. After seven years of anticipation, betas and Early Access, anyone can pick up a copy and start making their own games, or play other people’s. But where’s the Dreams PSVR support?

According to developer Media Molecule, it’s actually very nearly done. The team’s Alex Evans said as much in a recent interview with Eurogamer.'There’s a few different angles', Evans said when asked about what’s next for the game. 'VR is in the pipeline and is actually nearly done to be honest.'

He later added: 'But what we’re going to do is we’re going to work in parallel on a few things. And VR is the most cooked of them.'"

Gotta love that last line. Looks like lots of effort went into the PSVR version. ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

Great news for you VR lovers. Its still going to flop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:

Great news for you VR lovers. Its still going to flop.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pedro

@subspecies: Is that what Elsa looks like on PSVR?

And with that I am done harassing your thread. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: Oh, you. Have a nice day, Mr. Pedro. :)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

AAAE with an asterisk.

Oh and it's a scam because it took 7-8 years in development. We all know games with long development times are scam.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro

@pc_rocks: Last I check this "game" was released,reviewed and took less than a decade. Learn the difference. See you next year for the next delay. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@pc_rocks said:

AAAE with an asterisk.

Oh and it's a scam because it took 7-8 years in development. We all know games with long development times are scam.

What Pedro said.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PC_Rocks

@Pedro said:

@pc_rocks: Last I check this "game" was released,reviewed and took less than a decade. Learn the difference. See you next year for the next delay. :)

Actually this game was in development before SC. Had a backing of one of the richest publishers in gaming. Being worked on by an established team. Was in beta and sold as EA for a long time while being a AAA game. That too while nothing more than what's available for more than 25 years.

It's a scam.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@pc_rocks: You've got to be kidding me, dude.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@subspecies: LOL. Sometimes you let people live in their own world.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Dreams is floptastic its not gonna sell crap Media molecules is screwed

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Dreams is a 40 bucks game same as Concrete Genie so is it AAA or AA? I am confused by these ratings.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Dreams is a 40 bucks game same as Concrete Genie so is it AAA or AA? I am confused by these ratings.

SW:

AAAA = 10

AAA = 9

AA = 8

A = 7

Nothing for the rest.

In the industry, AAA/AA refers to budgeting/funding.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Is the VR going to be an update for the game or are they going to make me buy the game twice?

I was pretty mad at Everybody’s golf VR for doing that. It should have been a free update or $10 DLC at most.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

@lundy86_4: ah ok thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@ajstyles: It will be an update. PSVR support was planned from the start.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@sakaixx: Sorry, was gonna reply, but lundy got it covered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@ProtossRushX: So, you're a soothsayer?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

@pc_rocks: You've got to be kidding me, dude.

About what? Feel free to refute even a single thing I said.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@pc_rocks said:

Actually this game was in development before SC. Had a backing of one of the richest publishers in gaming. Being worked on by an established team. Was in beta and sold as EA for a long time while being a AAA game. That too while nothing more than what's available for more than 25 years.

It's a scam.

Lets see, it can be purchased as a completed game, it has been reviewed, it didn't require over 200 million to be developed and it didn't take over a decade to make.

SC, has more money in its development that this game. Has no relation to this thread in anyway. Has been in development for over a decade. Has no release date. Has missed ALL of its release dates. Has become two games because they can't finish the game they initially promised so they made a side dish. The side dish is in the same limbo as the the main dish. Sells virtual ships for thousands of dollars and still no final game. That is a scam. Maybe next time you will learn to spend your money wisely. :)

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@pc_rocks: man, you sound sour.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks

@Chutebox said:

@pc_rocks: man, you sound sour.

About what?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC_Rocks

@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

It's a scam.

Lets see, it can be purchased as a completed game, it has been reviewed, it didn't require over 200 million to be developed and it didn't take over a decade to make.

SC, has more money in its development that this game. Has no relation to this thread in anyway. Has been in development for over a decade. Has no release date. Has missed ALL of its release dates. Has become two games because they can't finish the game they initially promised so they made a side dish. The side dish is in the same limbo as the the main dish. Sells virtual ships for thousands of dollars and still no final game. That is a scam. Maybe next time you will learn to spend your money wisely. :)

And the goal post has been moved again. As I said in the other thread do you even know what you hate about SC. You people are ones who kept calling it scam and once you can't prove it how kept moving your goalposts. So suddenly development time doesn't matter anymore or does it? If it does, why stop at a decade? Who made this criteria? Funnily enough even then Dreams it self took way more time to develop than SC with all the advantages I mentioned and didn't have even a fraction of the fraction of ambition/scope that SC has.

You don't know the budget of the game and you also don't know the marketing budget of the game. SC is not in development for over a decade. Further proof that you guys just hate it for the sake of hating it. You know nothing about its development or anything. Star Citizen was put on Kickstarter in 2012 and didn't have a studio until 2014. SC hasn't missed its release date. The original date was for a game completely different than it's now. I know the next excuse from you that has also been countered in the threads previously.

They didn't made a side dish. The change in scope had two games since the beginning. Beginning as in when the community voted to change the scope. Could also be verified with the Cryengine lawsuit and its license. It specifically mention that. Keep hating without knowing anything.

So, why is it a scam because it isn't released yer or because is it taking too late to develop. Every game that hasn't released yet is a scam according to former or Dreams is if we go by later. May be it's a scam because Chris Roberts bought a million dollar home?

The scam was powah of the cloud that will make X1 3x more powerful or teh cell with 4D, Dual 1080p and 120 FPS. Deliberate false marketing.

jimmydonegood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimmydonegood
Member since 2015 • 188 Posts

@Pedro: Yep. This game is gonna bomb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

The attempt to turn this into a Star Citizen thread is puzzling, to say the least.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pedro

@pc_rocks said:

And the goal post has been moved again. As I said in the other thread do you even know what you hate about SC. You people are ones who kept calling it scam and once you can't prove it how kept moving your goalposts. So suddenly development time doesn't matter anymore or does it? If it does, why stop at a decade? Who made this criteria? Funnily enough even then Dreams it self took way more time to develop than SC with all the advantages I mentioned and didn't have even a fraction of the fraction of ambition/scope that SC has.

You don't know the budget of the game and you also don't know the marketing budget of the game. SC is not in development for over a decade. Further proof that you guys just hate it for the sake of hating it. You know nothing about its development or anything. Star Citizen was put on Kickstarter in 2012 and didn't have a studio until 2014. SC hasn't missed its release date. The original date was for a game completely different than it's now. I know the next excuse from you that has also been countered in the threads previously.

They didn't made a side dish. The change in scope had two games since the beginning. Beginning as in when the community voted to change the scope. Could also be verified with the Cryengine lawsuit and its license. It specifically mention that. Keep hating without knowing anything.

So, why is it a scam because it isn't released yer or because is it taking too late to develop. Every game that hasn't released yet is a scam according to former or Dreams is if we go by later. May be it's a scam because Chris Roberts bought a million dollar home?

The scam was powah of the cloud that will make X1 3x more powerful or teh cell with 4D, Dual 1080p and 120 FPS. Deliberate false marketing.

Goalpost moved? Last I check none was set and this thread is about a Dreams prior to your whining.

Lets see now, SC has funding of $268 million. Maybe you should keep track of your scam. ;)

The game has been in development prior to the Kickstarter thus the reason they had shit to show for Kickstarter and for their presentation. Don't move the goalpost of when development started to hide from reality. Development began in 2011 and its now 2020, neither of their games would be ready before 2021.

Your claim that it hasn't missed its release date is false. Keep up with your scam.

CIG had originally promised Squadron 42 would ship in 2016, but it’s now clear there’s no way that could happen. The fact that the company has yet to announce a new shipping date isn’t particularly promising, either.

Credit

2014 was the original release date, but Cloud Imperium has given the title a rough launch window of 2016.

Credit

Star Citizen's Single-Player Game, Squadron 42, Delayed Out of 2016

Credit

Squadron 42 is your side dish. I am sorry if that classification offends you.

CIG has conned you and many other of an excess of $268 million with no release date and multiple missed release date. You have become so desperate in your failed cause that you went from Dreams ( a released product that has positive reviews, less funding, taken less time and allow gamers to make almost any game) to X1 and Cell. That my scammed friend is what is goal post moving.

Maybe next time, you will learn to spend your money wisely and stay on topic. :)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

The attempt to turn this into a Star Citizen thread is puzzling, to say the least.

I didn't want to but Pedro had to DC and move goalposts.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PC_Rocks

@Pedro:

@Pedro said:

Goalpost moved? Last I check none was set and this thread is about a Dreams prior to your whining.

Lets see now, SC has funding of $268 million. Maybe you should keep track of your scam. ;)

The game has been in development prior to the Kickstarter thus the reason they had shit to show for Kickstarter and for their presentation. Don't move the goalpost of when development started to hide from reality. Development began in 2011 and its now 2020, neither of their games would be ready before 2021.

Your claim that it hasn't missed its release date is false. Keep up with your scam.

CIG had originally promised Squadron 42 would ship in 2016, but it’s now clear there’s no way that could happen. The fact that the company has yet to announce a new shipping date isn’t particularly promising, either.

Credit

2014 was the original release date, but Cloud Imperium has given the title a rough launch window of 2016.

Credit

Star Citizen's Single-Player Game, Squadron 42, Delayed Out of 2016

Credit

Squadron 42 is your side dish. I am sorry if that classification offends you.

CIG has conned you and many other of an excess of $268 million with no release date and multiple missed release date. You have become so desperate in your failed cause that you went from Dreams ( a released product that has positive reviews, less funding, taken less time and allow gamers to make almost any game) to X1 and Cell. That my scammed friend is what is goal post moving.

Maybe next time, you will learn to spend your money wisely and stay on topic. :)

Wow, a Wikipedia article and neglected everything I said. Want to discuss it, go ahead and create a thread and I'll further link the previous one where all these myths were busted but guys keep regurgitating. SQ42 isn't the side dish. It was the actual game that was promised in Kickstarter. The scope was changed to include SC and SQ42.

It's cute you think you're making me mad or anything by keep saying I wasted money when you and people like you haven't been able to prove anything at all. Funnily enough I'm not interested in SC or SQ42. I don't like space sims, but yeah keep trying to overlook that as well just like the rest of rebuttals.

It didn't start development until 2013 or had a development team until 2014. It was just 2-4 people that made a prototype to pitch for Kickstarter in 2012 which Wikipedia has mentioned. Don't know where the 2011 figure came from because Chris just had an idea for a game to be kickstarted. But then he had an idea to create a game like this since Freelancer, wonder why you haters are not saying 2003 is the year when it started development. Like I said you have no idea about it and are hating for the sake of hating it that's why you had to run to Wikipedia. What's even funny is Wikipedia also has the same thing:

in 2012, with its full launch originally anticipated to be in 2014, but significant expansion of gameplay features have led to postponement.

The fact has Dreams has been longer in development, missed more internal deadlines than SC as the devs themselves admitted they had to reboot development multiple times. Doesn't have a fraction of the fraction of the scope. Was also in EA and beta for a long time while being an AAA game yet you never called it a scam. Like I said you don't even know what you have against SC. Fact is X1 ad Cell didn't deliver at all what they promised for the duration they were sold for and yet, you don't call them scams.

The offer still stands, make a new topic or feel free to bump the old one if you can.

Sorry, TC for derailing your topic but it was a bait for Pedro and the likes of him. Knew that they will have to move goal posts again. I won't derail it any more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pedro

@pc_rocks: You were unable to dispute the facts just a long baseless rant with no backing. Surprise 😂. Nice try for the third time. Next time don't bring your whining in a unrelated thread and be wrong multiple times in a row.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Nice, being inside our projects while creating must be insane! Can not wait.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Nice. It'll be interesting to see what people create.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@PAL360: Being 'inside' Dreams worlds is indeed going to be insane. This game is perfect for VR.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@subspecies said:

@PAL360: Being 'inside' Dreams worlds is indeed going to be insane. This game is perfect for VR.

It would be like the Sketch program on Quest.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PAL360

@Pedro: Yeah...who needs photoshop when we already have paint? ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: Lol, dude, no. PSVR already has a few sketch apps. Dreams is waaaaaaay different, to say the least.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Lol, dude, no. PSVR already has a few sketch apps. Dreams is waaaaaaay different, to say the least.

I said Quest not PSVR and the app is Medium.

@PAL360 said:

@Pedro: Yeah...who needs photoshop when we already have paint? ;)

What?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PAL360

@Pedro: It was sarcasm. You are comparing the tools available in Quest to Dreams.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@PAL360 said:

@Pedro: It was sarcasm. You are comparing the tools available in Quest to Dreams.

And that is a problem because?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: Yeah, I know what you said, dude. But it's a nonsensical comparison. Dreams isn't some basic sketch app, lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Yeah, I know what you said, dude. But it's a nonsensical comparison. Dreams isn't some basic sketch app, lol.

Wow! Talk about being offended for no real reason. You stated "Being 'inside' Dreams worlds is indeed going to be insane. This game is perfect for VR." and I compare that to Medium in which you can create worlds in VR. Nothing more nothing less. But you took it as a jab. Also Medium is not some basic Sketch app, its a modeling app.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: Whoo, calm it, dude. Medium is fine and all, just like Coolpaintr on PSVR. But let's not try to pretend that you're doing anything other than comparing a mountain (Dreams) to a molehill (Medium). It's like me trying to compare a glorified Etch a Sketch to a full-blown game engine.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Whoo, calm it, dude. Medium is fine and all, just like Coolpaintr on PSVR. But let's not try to pretend that you're doing anything other than comparing a mountain (Dreams) to a molehill (Medium). It's like me trying to compare a glorified Etch a Sketch to a full-blown game engine.

I literally wasn't trying to anything. You took it for something it was not. If want to rag on Dreams I would without any obfuscation. Lets hope for your sake that Dreams doesn't inevitably fall of the map into non existence like it most likely will. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

PSVR is like the Toyota corolla in the VR industry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: Lol, okay. As long as we understand each other. One's a game engine, learning suite, distribution platform etc. The other is a simple 3d modeler. In other words, no comparison.

Have a nice day! ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Lol, okay. As long as we understand each other. One's a game engine, learning suite, distribution platform etc. The other is a simple 3d modeler. In other words, no comparison.

Have a nice day! ;)

Seems like the misunderstanding was on your end since you were incapable of understanding the reference. I am sorry that your Dreams would be short live. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: Yeah, Medium is a neat little app.

Making little sketches must be pretty fun. Hopefully on your Quest one day you'll get something as deep in functionality and features as Dreams.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Yeah, Medium is a neat little app.

Making little sketches must be pretty fun. Hopefully on your Quest one day you'll get something as deep in functionality and features as Dreams.

I develop games in real game engines not child's play stuff like Dreams. Maybe when I want to make mediocre games I will venture into Dreams. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro: That's really cool, dude. Sounds fun! ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: That's really cool, dude. Sounds fun! ;)

Game development is stress and perseverance. :(