Media Molecule Dreams is the biggest Disappointment this gen - BY FAR

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
#1 Posted by DarthaPerkinjan (1233 posts) -

Remember this game was first shown off....FEBRUARY 2013

Its been 6.5 years since we first saw the game and there still is no release date.

Not only that, but to make matters worse the early access beta has been a flop in terms of number of downloads and reception. And even the most hardcore Media Molecule supporters like myself have realized the game is not user friendly at all.

The game had so much potential, but Media Molecule excecuted this game so poorly. Its a mess that might not even be released before the PS5 gets here, if at all.

Its going to ruin Media Molecule. Look for them to be closed at some point after Dreams release, if its released at all.

What a disappointment.

#2 Posted by VFighter (5237 posts) -

Sure...

#4 Posted by sakaiXx (6057 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Media molecule is pretty healthy as a company so I don't think sony will pull the plug but its disappointing I yet to see any release date for DREAMS. Just imagine, we could get fanmade Bloodborne 2 with DREAMS noice

#5 Posted by Planeforger (18103 posts) -

How could this possibly be Sony's biggest disappointment this gen?

Just about every major Sony game gets announced, and then goes into development hell for 5 years. That's Sony's regular M.O.

#6 Posted by Subspecies (739 posts) -

You seem pissed.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#7 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24459 posts) -

Meh, as far as big disappointments, that's pretty small.

#8 Posted by DaVillain- (38037 posts) -

Dreams was never meant to be a mega hit. In fact, it never was to be.

#11 Posted by Pedro (35616 posts) -

I remembered someone arguing it was going to revolutionize gaming😐🙂😯😁😆🤣

#12 Posted by phbz (4662 posts) -

Sony should release this game on PC. I would go back to it but I don't think I'll ever touch it again on console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
#13 Posted by deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01 (25 posts) -

What did you expect? This game is completely locked on garbage hardware with shitty controls.

#14 Edited by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@phbz said:

Sony should release this game on PC. I would go back to it but I don't think I'll ever touch it again on console.

I think it's coming to PC because someone mentioned on the post that it's no longer on Sony's list of PS4 exclusives on their site.

Oh well, seems like consoles aren't as profitable as once thought hence when you have to salvage a product you release it on PC.

#15 Posted by Ant_17 (12872 posts) -
Loading Video...

Did no one here see this?????

#16 Posted by phbz (4662 posts) -

@pc_rocks: I see it as a good thing. Without PC maybe this would be just dropped. PC being a possibility beats Dreams just failing. It serves both the PC and console base.

#17 Posted by Archangel3371 (28534 posts) -

Well I can’t be disappointed in something that I was never interested in in the first place.

#18 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (855 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@phbz said:

I think it's coming to PC because someone mentioned on the post that it's no longer on Sony's list of PS4 exclusives on their site.

Oh well, seems like consoles aren't as profitable as once thought hence when you have to salvage a product you release it on PC.

I hope so. It would be a good fit for PC cross-play. This kind of thing needs as much user-created content as possible to succeed.

#19 Posted by lamprey263 (36206 posts) -

I have no interest myself but I am not going to bash the game, I just don't have will or immagination to get most out of it, I also don't wanna dig through loads of crap user designed levels to find the gems. But I am sure I will watch many awesome YouTube videos showing off the exceptional stuff.

#20 Posted by jcrame10 (5214 posts) -

Is this game still available to purchase/download?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#21 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5020 posts) -

Didn't this win game of the show at Gamescom? I mean, it ain't my thing, but I guess someone out there likes it?

#24 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8704 posts) -

@Planeforger: Oh really?

Try to list all first party games (any dev) this gen that were announced and followed by a 5 year development cycle.

#25 Posted by ProtossRushX (5695 posts) -

ROFL people were saying this would be as good as Mario maker what a fail

#26 Edited by Litchie (24319 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

Well I can’t be disappointed in something that I was never interested in in the first place.

That.

#27 Posted by VFighter (5237 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Like you, like you probably said lol

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (36821 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Yup. I don't have time to play all the games I want to as it is. Im not going to make anything or play what other people make. I think its cool that some people love to create as there were some really cool things made in Project Spark but I never really spent much time playing any of them. Basically...…...WHO...………...CARES?!!!

#29 Posted by ermacness (8147 posts) -

@Planeforger:

By looking at the caliber of most ps4 exclusives this gen, I'll say that the extended time that is taken for ps4 exclusives is well deserved.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#30 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4149 posts) -

Nonsense, Dreams is supposed to make cows feel like they're playing Super Mario and Cuphead

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#31 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1698 posts) -

For Dreams, there is nothing what can players do about it besides creating their own content.

I will never support Media Molecule for next gen.

#32 Posted by DaVillain- (38037 posts) -

@drummerdave9099 said:

Nonsense, Dreams is supposed to make cows feel like they're playing Super Mario and Cuphead

LOL