Media Create Week 1 2019: Switch crosses the 7 million mark! (<700k away from PS4)

• 75 results
#1 Edited by Techhog89 (3722 posts) -

The latest Japanese hardware sales from Media Create are as follows:

Switch – 199,982

PS4 – 87,669

PS4 Pro – 29,513

New 2DS LL – 22,645

Vita – 4,138

New 3DS LL – 3,281

2DS – 557

Xbox One X – 102

Xbox One – 53

For comparison’s sake, here are the hardware numbers from last week:

Switch – 174,770

PS4 – 58,203

PS4 Pro – 14,227

New 2DS LL – 9,649

New 3DS LL – 3,576

Vita – 3,566

2DS – 374

Xbox One X – 189

Xbox One – 169

And here are the software charts:

1. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 258,974 / 2,614,160

2. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 95,102 / 936,140

3. [NSW] Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee – 68,308 / 1,399,595

4. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 55,758 / 2,055,899

5. [NSW] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 47,176 / 179,438

6. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 43,033 / 2,882,819

7. [NSW] Minecraft – 42,845 / 549,754

8. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 38,969 / 179,130

9. [NSW] Go Vacation – 21,826 / 35,136

10. [PS4] Judgment – 20,018 / 233,456

11. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 19,363 / 1,246,656

12. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 16,896 / 1,931,675

13. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun – 16,600 / 286,278

14. [NSW] Kirby Star allies – 14,769 / 717,643

15. [PS4] God Eater 3 – 10,610 / 200,510

16. [NSW] Mario Tennis Aces – 10,468 / 411,002

17. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII – 8,726 / 514,181

18. [PS4] Battlefield V – 8,155 / 167,514

19. [NSW] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – 7,718 / 177,872

20. [NSW] Dragon Ball FighterZ – 7,554 / 73,861

Source

https://nintendoeverything.com/media-create-sales-12-31-18-1-6-19/

Switch LTD: 7,046,766

PS4 LTD: 7,735,616

PS4 crossed 7 million only last year for reference. Around September someone here called me crazy for saying that Switch will surpass PS4 before September 2019. Now it's on track to do it as early as July unless unless KH3 does something amazing. Just putting that out there. :)

The reason for two releases this week is that week 52 results were delayed a week.

Oh, and PS4 got a really nice boost this week too.

#2 Posted by DaVillain- (36455 posts) -

I gotta admit, you do a hell better job then what FireEmblem_Man with these Media Create threads.

Interesting the base PS4 is doing well over the Pro but Xbox One X is doing well over the base Xbox One.

#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (27894 posts) -

Nothing going to stop this Switch train baby.

#4 Posted by Sgt_Crow (6076 posts) -

Only 700k more before cows can start moving goalposts yet again.

#5 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19663 posts) -

@davillain-: not my fault that my Media Create threads trigger your cow brethrens

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
#6 Posted by EyeBoonsEyebrow (280 posts) -

@Sgt_Crow said:

PS4 is gonna hit 100 million before the middle of 2019. LOL

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#7 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3117 posts) -

Japan has pretty good taste in hardware. Now if we could fix some of their software preferences...

#8 Edited by Techhog89 (3722 posts) -
@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

It might take until Fall or the holidays. I expect PS4 to slow down quite a bit this year, especially if PS5 is announced in Spring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#9 Posted by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

Nice for Switch

#10 Posted by Ibacai (13820 posts) -

The Switch is a beast in Japan and practically everywhere else as well. Nintendo has done an amazing job marketing and pushing the hybrid versatility. Smart moves.

#11 Posted by DaVillain- (36455 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-: not my fault that my Media Create threads trigger your cow brethrens

You try to provoke them and you damn well know it. Always gotta add PS4 salty to get you're way. At least Techhog89 made it natural without adding salt :)

#12 Posted by Techhog89 (3722 posts) -

BTW, expect everything to drop 50-80% this week. Post holiday blues.

#13 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19663 posts) -

@davillain-: of course, just like your best friends when they provoke Lemmings. This is System Wars after all, not General Games Discussion

#14 Posted by DaVillain- (36455 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-: of course, just like your best friends when they provoke Lemmings. This is System Wars after all, not General Games Discussion

At least the Cows know how to put Lems in their place. Not their fault Xbox One is a loser, MS did that to themselves.

#15 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19663 posts) -

@davillain-: Oh yeah? I put your boyfriend's cows in place all the time when they damage control over global sales. Not to mention the meltdown over Smash Ultimate with Vatusus and Benji backless

#16 Posted by I_P_Daily (11674 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Good job you got the cow in the closet dav to get triggered lol.

Keep up the good work as its working, and your threads are tons better than the OP's as his are boting af.

#17 Posted by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

oh yes retreat right back to WW sales. but this time with no hope of still winning in japan whatsoever.

good enough

#18 Posted by I_P_Daily (11674 posts) -

@davillain-: "At least cows know how to put lems in their place" lol.

Not only is that BS, but you got so triggered that you fell completely out of the cow closet, quick try tell us how you're a PC gamer lol.

Its nice to see you're still butthurt over your leader and best buddy in quacknight getting banned :)

#19 Posted by EyeBoonsEyebrow (280 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

oh yes retreat right back to WW sales. but this time with no hope of still winning in japan whatsoever.

good enough

Japan is peanuts. Sony is the king of video games and would still hit 100million+ without Japan. Big facts, my guy

#20 Posted by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@KBFloYd said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

good enough

Japan is peanuts. Sony is the king of video games and would still hit 100million+ without Japan. Big facts, my guy

yea japan is meaningless. Sony fanboys now have to shit on japan. actually hate a country in order to feel good. haha

meanwhile nintendo fans love all countries :)

#21 Posted by I_P_Daily (11674 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Yeah cows shitting on the country of origin for Sony, what a pathetic fanbase, the worst of them all.

#22 Posted by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@KBFloYd: Yeah cows shitting on the country of origin for Sony, what a pathetic fanbase, the worst of them all.

yea turning their backs on the country their precious sony was born from. lol marvelous. why? because of the big N. nintendo

#23 Posted by EyeBoonsEyebrow (280 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@KBFloYd said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

good enough

yea japan is meaningless. Sony fanboys now have to shit on japan. actually hate a country in order to feel good. haha

That's a weird take, but okay

#24 Posted by I_P_Daily (11674 posts) -

@KBFloYd: You know as well as me cows love playing sales, even more than PS4 exclusives, they'd sell their own mothers if it meant they could buy another PS4 to keep it atop the sales charts lol.

#25 Posted by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@KBFloYd said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:
@KBFloYd said:
@eyeboonseyebrow said:

good enough

That's a weird take, but okay

right,

ready for you to shit on japan and call them peanuts next week. and the week after that. and ....

"but you like japan!"

#26 Posted by DaVillain- (36455 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: "At least cows know how to put lems in their place" lol.

Not only is that BS, but you got so triggered that you fell completely out of the cow closet, quick try tell us how you're a PC gamer lol.

Its nice to see you're still butthurt over your leader and best buddy in quacknight getting banned :)

Look what the cat drag in. All I said was congrats to Techhog89 and this is what I get? Give me a break.

#27 Posted by I_P_Daily (11674 posts) -

@davillain-: No you didn't you insulted fire emblem because he stirs the shit out of your fellow cows and you get butthurt over it lol.

And when he prodded you, well then you let loose on lems and he is a sheep, typical cow behaviour.

#28 Posted by DaVillain- (36455 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: No you didn't you insulted fire emblem because he stirs the shit out of your fellow cows and you get butthurt over it lol.

And when he prodded you, well then you let loose on lems and he is a sheep, typical cow behaviour.

FireMan had it coming and all I ever said was TC did a better job then FireEmblem_Man.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#29 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24161 posts) -

Since Sheep suddenly care about sales after 4 years of Wii U failure, why aren't they congratulating the PS4 on hitting 92 million units?

#30 Posted by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Since Sheep suddenly care about sales after 4 years of Wii U failure, why aren't they congratulating the PS4 on hitting 92 million units?

go make a thread on "what your favourite controller was in 2018" and shut the **** up.

leave the real arguing to the real posters in this forum.

#31 Posted by Mandzilla (4084 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Well I did congratulate Sony. Its quite an achievement. 😮

#32 Posted by ProtossRushX (5331 posts) -

sick of media create PS4 Has won this generation sheep its WON IT ITS OVER

#33 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19663 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Because sales always matter, I can tell you the majority of damage control you cows were all last generation how games matter more when the Wii was dominating as well as the Xbox 360. But then the PS4 happened and cows flip flop Ed saying how sales matter more.

Also, since Wii U is gen 8 and a failure, Switch is Gen 9, and is dominating ww sales

#34 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19663 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Yet, Switch dominates gen 9. Continue to be salty

#35 Posted by Mandzilla (4084 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: 😄

#36 Edited by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

not in japan it hasnt. So come correct in media create threads or else move on to the WW sales threads.

or play call of duty on your ps4. thats all its good for and the reason why "IT IS OVER"

#37 Posted by Archangel3371 (27894 posts) -

It’s hilarious how salty Nintendo makes Cows but probably quite fitting considering that Sony themselves are likely still quite salty with how Nintendo ditched them back in the SNES days. 😂

#38 Posted by Techhog89 (3722 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

That's not what this thread is for?

#39 Posted by Fedor (4889 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Doubt it. That deal falling through was one of the best things to ever happen for Sony.

#40 Posted by Archangel3371 (27894 posts) -

@fedor: Maybe, maybe not but I seem to recall that Sony execs were pretty salty about it at the time.

#41 Posted by MonsieurX (39054 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

But this thread is about the weekly sales in Japan

@ProtossRushX said:

lol classic ProtossRushX post

#42 Edited by Mandzilla (4084 posts) -

@fedor: Imagine an alternate reality where Nintendo had the deal with Philips, and then backed out to partner with Sony. We could have had the Philips CD-I 2 and DVD-I! 👀

#43 Posted by Fedor (4889 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Of course. But it ended up with them having a highly successful console brand and Nintendo losing the rights to the PlayStation name. As well as them going with Phillips instead, which was a complete disaster. I doubt they care anymore, in fact they're most likely quite happy the deal didnt come to fruition.

#44 Posted by Fedor (4889 posts) -

@mandzilla: Lol the best timeline

#45 Posted by Archangel3371 (27894 posts) -

@fedor: I wouldn’t be so sure myself. Just because they have been successful doesn’t mean that they still aren’t bitter at Nintendo for what happened.

#46 Posted by Fedor (4889 posts) -

@Archangel3371: The people that made the deal are no longer even around at Sony (not many left at Nintendo either) and either way, Sony came out on top. It's quite the stretch to think they care about a bad deal from 30 years ago that ended up being a huge net positive.

#47 Edited by KBFloYd (21808 posts) -

@fedor said:

@Archangel3371: The people that made the deal are no longer even around at Sony (not many left at Nintendo either) and either way, Sony came out on top. It's quite the stretch to think they care about a bad deal from 30 years ago that ended up being a huge net positive.

they came out on top? its a gen thing. they came out on top on consoles ps2/ps1. they have always lost in handheld space. and both xbox and sony made more money than them in the ps3 era.

ps4 gen they are doing well again. who knows next gen. nintendo has been in gaming since the 80's. who knows how long sony will even last.

a clear cut answer they won PERIOD is pretty near sighted.

#48 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8588 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

@fedor: I wouldn’t be so sure myself. Just because they have been successful doesn’t mean that they still aren’t bitter at Nintendo for what happened.

Only on SW do people think like this ^^^

#49 Edited by Fedor (4889 posts) -

@KBFloYd: What are you even talking about? I mean they won as in the PlayStation brand wouldn't even exist if the deal did go through. Furthermore, considering how badly the Phillips deal flopped, Sony probably wouldn't have been involved in gaming much at all after. Even more, The PlayStation brand is the main reason Sony is still even alive as a company today. I dont have a clue where your rant came from.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#50 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13615 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: You seem insecure.