Media Create Japan Sales Jan 7-13: Wii U Is Doomed Edition

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Charizard is right, Nintendo is better off left niche but profitable, thats when they develop their prime games.

FireEmblem_Man

Quite the most dumb quote I've read, Nintendo is better off repeating the same success as the Wii

Again, the average consumer cant tell if their new system is a hardware revision or the new thing, time will tell if they'll repeat the success of the Wii or not. Sony and Microsoft have yet to speak up.

Nobody stays on top forever.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Layton vs Phoenix Wright isn't doing well. Would that put localization in jeopardy or is it already happening?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#103 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Charizard is right, Nintendo is better off left niche but profitable, thats when they develop their prime games.

FireEmblem_Man

Quite the most dumb quote I've read, Nintendo is better off repeating the same success as the Wii

You're talking from a business perspective; by all means, Nintendo is free to pull of the DS/Wii strategy again in that case, it was clearly unbelievably successful. Oh, just one problem: they can't. The software they used to sell the DS and Wii isn't moving units of their new hardware, their new hardware itself is not appealing to the masses (well okay, the 3DS is in spite of everything), and perhaps most importantly, their old flagship hardware fizzled out after three years of record breaking sales, and oh, they are losing the casuals and alienating the core. From a business perspective, then, it is more profitable to find a strategy sustainable in the long term, which the Wii strategy clearly wasn't. Something more like the 3DS, repeated for the Wii U (which they haven't done for some reason yet. Why have they not done it for the Wii U yet? They have enough muscle to flex), put so many games on that thing that people have no choice but to buy it. Oh, from a gamer's perspective? I'd rather not have another Wii. Give me another N64 or Gamecube over another Wii anyday. Yeah, I'd like an SNES or NES over any of those perhaps most of all, but that isn't happening, and if I had to choose between the N64/GCN and Wii? I'd choose the N64/GCN.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#104 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Ambassador program 2.0 incoming
20 free gamecube and n64 games :P

Shinobishyguy

This. Might as well do it now right.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
lol BOMBA!! ps3 > wii u 3rd parties to abandon even more so..
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

If you like Animal Crossing, you like bad games.Blabadon

Says the guy who gave the first Uncharted a 10.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
Expected higher PSP numbers this week. Oh well. Not expecting high PSP numbers till the week with March 14th now.
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Layton vs Phoenix Wright isn't doing well. Would that put localization in jeopardy or is it already happening?

Big_Pecks

I thought that selling 200,000 copies for a handheld game is considered solid sales. Not every game needs to sell a million copies to be successful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#109 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_Pecks"]

thom_maytees

I thought that selling 200,000 copies for a handheld game is considered solid sales. Not every game needs to sell a million copies to be successful.

It is a crossover of two highly successful franchises, both of which sell double that. It's performance has been disappointing.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

AgentA-Mi6

Again, the average consumer cant tell if their new system is a hardware revision or the new thing, time will tell if they'll repeat the success of the Wii or not. Sony and Microsoft have yet to speak up.

Nobody stays on top forever.

I don't agree with Nintendo's Strategy with the Wii U, calling it a Wii 2 would have helped consumers know that it's a new console instead of a new controller. They are basically following the same mistakes they did with the 3DS. Heck, why else will everyone know that the PS4 is a new console :P

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Wii U is an absolute disaster. Crysis3Soldier
Give it time. Sh*t. The PS3 completely failed for like 2 or 3 years. Look at it now.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 FireEmblem_Man

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

charizard1605

You're talking from a business perspective; by all means, Nintendo is free to pull of the DS/Wii strategy again in that case, it was clearly unbelievably successful. Oh, just one problem: they can't. The software they used to sell the DS and Wii isn't moving units of their new hardware, their new hardware itself is not appealing to the masses (well okay, the 3DS is in spite of everything), and perhaps most importantly, their old flagship hardware fizzled out after three years of record breaking sales, and oh, they are losing the casuals and alienating the core. From a business perspective, then, it is more profitable to find a strategy sustainable in the long term, which the Wii strategy clearly wasn't. Something more like the 3DS, repeated for the Wii U (which they haven't done for some reason yet. Why have they not done it for the Wii U yet? They have enough muscle to flex), put so many games on that thing that people have no choice but to buy it. Oh, from a gamer's perspective? I'd rather not have another Wii. Give me another N64 or Gamecube over another Wii anyday. Yeah, I'd like an SNES or NES over any of those perhaps most of all, but that isn't happening, and if I had to choose between the N64/GCN and Wii? I'd choose the N64/GCN.

You do know people bought a Wii not just for Wii Sports. The Problem with the Wii U not selling is that they thought Nintendo Land would be their killer app when its not, after all, the majority of people don't know half of Nintendo's First Party games other than Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. They should have made a Wii Sports 2 instead. NSMBU may have a SMBW feel, but recycling everything from NSMBWii made the game look uninteresting, they should have given it more sty1e to it. Nintendo should have pushed 3rd parties to try to make their offerings more appealing instead of half-@ssing the ports.

However, their eShop still holds great potential for indie developers, and I believe their will be better quality indy games coming. It's like they are following Steam's motto for indy development.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 FireEmblem_Man

[QUOTE="Crysis3Soldier"]Wii U is an absolute disaster. Doolz2024

Give it time. Sh*t. The PS3 completely failed for like 2 or 3 years. Look at it now.

We can give it time, but it's not an excuse to repeat the same mistake as the 3DS as they promised they wouldn't

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#114 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
The wiiu is not a quality product. It needs a faster OS, faster loading times, better gamepad battery, longer gamepad range, bigger hard drive, an account system that isnt exploitative, and for them to do that initial firmware update in the factory. Consumers arent idiots. They care about these things. The unimpressive processing power is not a huge deal if total product has an overall association with quality.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 FireEmblem_Man

The wiiu is not a quality product. It needs a faster OS, faster loading times, better gamepad battery, longer gamepad range, bigger hard drive, an account system that isnt exploitative, and for them to do that initial firmware update in the factory. Consumers arent idiots. They care about these things. The unimpressive processing power is not a huge deal if total product has an overall association with quality.GunSmith1_basic

Games availabilty is also an issue, the same mistake they're making with the 3DS. There really isn't anything good 3rd party support so far.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#116 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol BOMBA!! ps3 > wii u 3rd parties to abandon even more so..campzor

wiiU> vita and PSP

3ds>PS3

you stupid butthurt cow

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"]lol BOMBA!! ps3 > wii u 3rd parties to abandon even more so..KBFloYd

wiiU> vita and PSP

3ds>PS3

you stupid butthurt cow

lol new nintendo console losing to a 6 year old non nintendo console in nintendoland... ouch. JUST outselling the psp :lol:
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Ouch, rough Wii U sales. Not really a ton of appealing software right now. Some good games on it, but nothing for me personally (and many others it would seem) that makes it worth the 400+ cost to get the console and a few games for it.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#119 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]The wiiu is not a quality product. It needs a faster OS, faster loading times, better gamepad battery, longer gamepad range, bigger hard drive, an account system that isnt exploitative, and for them to do that initial firmware update in the factory. Consumers arent idiots. They care about these things. The unimpressive processing power is not a huge deal if total product has an overall association with quality.FireEmblem_Man

Games availabilty is also an issue, the same mistake they're making with the 3DS. There really isn't anything good 3rd party support so far.

That's true but many people will buy hardware earlier if they feel like what they are buying won't be obsolete by the time the good games arrive. Imo all of the things I mentioned will be be standard in later wiiu models. If anyone buys the wiiu now they are either rich or a sucker, just like those who bought the core 360

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]lol BOMBA!! ps3 > wii u 3rd parties to abandon even more so..campzor

wiiU> vita and PSP

3ds>PS3

you stupid butthurt cow

lol new nintendo console losing to a 6 year old non nintendo console in nintendoland... ouch. JUST outselling the psp :lol:

exactly.. 6 year old library psp? nah wiiU owned it.

super tech vita with 1 year headstart of games? nah wiiU beasted it.

oh and ps3 JUST outselling the wiiU with 100x times it's library and 100 dollars cheaper.... :lol:

wiiU bomba? stupid idiot... that's what you pray for because your sony Playstation isn't widely considered the best anymore...keep the butthurt going on this forum... your posts always bring the lols.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

wiiU> vita and PSP

3ds>PS3

you stupid butthurt cow

KBFloYd

exactly.. 6 year old library psp? nah wiiU owned it.

super tech vita with 1 year headstart of games? nah wiiU beasted it.

oh and ps3 JUST outselling the wiiU with 100x times it's library and 100 dollars cheaper.... :lol:

wiiU bomba? stupid idiot... that's what you pray for because your sony Playstation isn't widely considered the best anymore...keep the butthurt going on this forum... your posts always bring the lols.

so much butthurt..im sure u'll be less butthurt when you actually have some games to play soon when nintendo announces their ambassador program so the console doesnt completely fall off the radar.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 KBFloYd

so much butthurt..im sure u'll be less butthurt when you actually have some games to play soon when nintendo announces their ambassador program so the console doesnt completely fall off the radar.campzor

at least they will do something. unlike sony sending that piece of sh1t out to die.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts
Nintendo: you know that wii brand we have? Lets not support for 2 years, then name it's successor after it. What could go wrong?
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

If you make a list for both systems, in name alone, yes it does.

I think SS > WW, you think WW > SS. So that's were we differ.

--

Yes GC has F-Zero, but Wii has DKCR.

Sunshine has nothing on Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2.

GC had the two better Prime games, but Wii had the return of 2D Mario on consoles and pioneered the 4 player mode in platformers.

Wii Sports > Luigi's Mansion

It's simply neverending.

VendettaRed07

WW>SS, Twilight Princess was better on Gamecube, two Metroid Prime games better than Other M and Prime 3, Melee>Brawl, Double Dash>Mario Kart Wii, F-Zero GX>(no Wii equivalent), I could go on and on

I agree. Also, its not that I feel like the majority of Nintendos first party games took a step backwards.. Even if they were just as good, they came out so many years later that they needed to be a lot more than they were to really excite anyone. I don't think Nintendo did nearly enough last gen outside of Mario Galaxy, which was the only one I played thinking "Wow this is great!"

neither did sony....or ms...this whole gen was depressing to me

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

charizard1605

damn bro it came out like last month. i get your critical on nintendo but this isnt really fair

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Animal Crossing. Such a beast.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

This reminds me that I still need to get Pokemon Black 2.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

If you like Animal Crossing, you like bad games.Blabadon

Do go on.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Panic mode

Mario Kart U
3D Mario
Pricecut

Same as 3DS in 2011 xD

The question is, will Wii U turn around like 3DS, or die like Vita? Keep in mind with turnaround I mean do well for a console, not actually reach 3DS sales.

SuperFlakeman
With the release of another Mario/zelda + price cut, it absolutely can sell much better (at least higher than the PS3 lol), but to dominate competition like the 3DS dominating Vita, doubt it.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#130 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Maybe black one sold out? Could be many reasons. Am looking forward to see first year sales.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Panic mode

Mario Kart U
3D Mario
Pricecut

Same as 3DS in 2011 xD

The question is, will Wii U turn around like 3DS, or die like Vita? Keep in mind with turnaround I mean do well for a console, not actually reach 3DS sales.

rjdofu

With the release of another Mario/zelda + price cut, it absolutely can sell much better (at least higher than the PS3 lol), but to dominate competition like the 3DS dominating Vita, doubt it.

To dominate PS4 is alot tougher ofc.

They'd need a conference announcing betrayalton's x^2 the magnitude of the september pre-TGS 11' show where they had MH.

I can't see that happening, but Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 is a start lol. They'd need to establisd an ecosystem for franchises like MGS, RE and Mousou titles, i.e. somehow gain the "hardcore" crowd. While this is much easier to achieve in Japan than in the west, it's still really difficult. And since that's all Sony has to cling onto, they won't give it up so easily as with the PSP audience.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Panic mode

Mario Kart U
3D Mario
Pricecut

Same as 3DS in 2011 xD

SuperFlakeman

To dominate PS4 is alot tougher ofc.

They'd need a conference announcing betrayalton's x^2 the magnitude of the september pre-TGS 11' show where they had MH.

I can't see that happening, but Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 is a start lol. They'd need to establisd an ecosystem for franchises like MGS, RE and Mousou titles, i.e. somehow gain the "hardcore" crowd. While this is much easier to achieve in Japan than in the west, it's still really difficult. And since that's all Sony has to cling onto, they won't give it up so easily as with the PSP audience.

Yep, Bayonetta 2, wonderful 101 & MH Ultimate or even NGZ is a great start to appeal more to the core crowd. A more balance between 3rd party & 1st party titles would be much better imo. I don't think they can repeat the same legacy of the Wii this gen. That being said, who knows what the geniuses at Sony may come up with, if they're gonna handle the PS4 like how they're doing with the Vita, they're screwed for good.