foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It should never have been taken out. They just needed to flesh out the exploration mechanic more, but decided to take the easy route and drop it in favour of more chest-high-walls and romance options.

I hope it's return also means the return of exploration of planet surfaces... because that was the best part of the original Mass Effect.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@lamprey263

EXACTLY ! ! ! I was beginning to think I was alone in the universe. Resource Gathering sucks Donkey Balls.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lulu_Lulu

@foxhound_fox

You have extremely low standards..... Like really low.....

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Didn't mind the Mako, the main problem was the lack of anything actually interesting to see. They need to make interesting planets to visit instead of the same planet with a new skin each time. It would also be nice to see them make a planet that actually felt kind of alive. In all the Mass Effect games the NPCs were always in the same area and pretty much never moved. It would be nice to see them move around and give the place a more alive vibe.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 foxhound_fox

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@foxhound_fox

You have extremely low standards..... Like really low.....

You must not have played Mass Effect.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

If they are going to bring back the Mako, then at least let each planet be a small open world like the islands in Risen 2. There needs to be a reason to drive around.

Also, make the next Mass Effect more like KotoR 1. Every planet you visited actually had people and a story to tell. ME1 planets were lame other than Virmire

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The Mako was terrible, so if they're going to implement it in the new one it better be good. Actually, it will be good, since the game's gonna use Frostbite 3 and it'll be released nearly a decade after the first Mass Effect.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Mass Effect was far and away my favorite games from last gen. All I have to say to Bioware is

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

The vehicle that runs worse than the Landmaster in Star Fox 64/Assault is back. Yay! /sarcasm

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The vehicle that runs worse than the Landmaster in Star Fox 64/Assault is back. Yay! /sarcasm

Of course it does, the landmaster is awesome. Suck less.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@foxhound_fox

I've played Mass Effect more time than you have.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 foxhound_fox

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@foxhound_fox

I've played Mass Effect more time than you have.

Doubt it. I beat the game 5 times.

You've probably played ME as much as you've played Dark Souls.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lulu_Lulu

@foxhound_fox

I played through Mass Effect 5 times too.... On PC.... I played it 4 more times on console.

Please don't ask why I played through a horrible game 9 times.... I honestly don't have an answer that makes enough.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lulu_Lulu

sense

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I liked the Mako, even the firing of ME2, I got used to it and did well with it. I hope they improve on the planets so exploration can be fun and rewarding with the Mako.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 foxhound_fox

@Lulu_Lulu said:
I honestly don't have an answer that makes enough.

I'm guessing you didn't and are just making shit up like you always do.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lulu_Lulu

@foxhound_fox

Because thats a more comforting thought for you..... right ?

I played Dragon Age too.... Guess what I think of that series.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I liked the Mako, even the firing of ME2, I got used to it and did well with it. I hope they improve on the planets so exploration can be fun and rewarding with the Mako.

Do you mean the Hammerhead (hovercraft) in ME2? I forgot about that. It made for much smoother planetary traversal over any terrain, and what the Mako should have been. Hell I'd rather see that make a return in the next Mass Effect over the Mako.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By nintendoboy16

@AdobeArtist: The Hammerhead may have had week plating, but boy was it a great scouting machine.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AdobeArtist: The Hammerhead may have had week plating, but boy was it a great scouting machine.

And the Hammerhead's V.I. informed you when you were in a landscape that organics might find aesthetically pleasing! Did the Mako do that? Yeah, didn't think so :P

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#71 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Aaaand, here's the argument to end all arguments.

Loading Video...

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#72  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Mako was much better than boring planet scanning.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Hopefully you can have sex on the MAKO this time around.

I laid so much pipe on the NORMANDY , it was insane. It would be nice to have some more risky locations for intergalactic relations.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22630 Posts

@pelvist: Haha I know, right?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@lamprey263: pretty interesting theory on the next game... a different galaxy. Immediately I thought, we'll then we'd need to have all new species if we were in another galaxy and certainly we'd need an explanation for new technology that can traverse that distance... though let's not kid ourselves, the "mass effect" and relays breach everything we know of interstellar speed limits anyway, so why not?

Without writing a wall of text (because I so want to) I'm cool with a clean slate every generation. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I wanted commander Shepard story to continue... giving a shot of brand new life into a franchise like this is exactly what I want. I can't stomach another gears, god of war, halo, etc etc etc.... because I'm tired of their struggle. Mass Effect reinventing itself every generation while keeping themes and backdrops that connect it all would be wonderful.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@AdobeArtist: I hated the Hammerhead... but admittedly it was because I believed it would open up the world's again for exploration. Turned out only to be transport with light objectives in a confined area. :( still, it certainly controlled better than the mako.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

The Landmaster?! You have got to be kidding me, Why in the world would you compare to those 2? Mako was almost like the Worthog in Halo and The Landmaster was most of the times on Rails. I never had a problem with the Landmaster back in the old days of Star Fox. The only reason why the Mako was hated was due to the facts of too many Mountains, Slopes, and Hills that it got bad reputation.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Anything is better than scanning fucking planets.

I hope this next game is a return to what made mass effect 1 actually decent, not just, Lol Reapers killing dem kids!, chest high walls, no loot drops, minimum rpg options. I don't want another poorly done shooter.

It's time to expand your shit mass effect, EA stop being so damn lazy.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@ReadingRainbow4: yep... I pretty much agree. Though I loved me2 and 3 to pieces. I want the mass effect 1 formula back in a big way.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nintendoboy16

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

The Landmaster?! You have got to be kidding me, Why in the world would you compare to those 2? Mako was almost like the Worthog in Halo and The Landmaster was most of the times on Rails. I never had a problem with the Landmaster back in the old days of Star Fox. The only reason why the Mako was hated was due to the facts of too many Mountains, Slopes, and Hills that it got bad reputation.

This is why I brought up Assault, where they had the balls to move the Landmaster away from the on-rails (say what you will about the on-foot segments).

I bring them up because the Landmaster in either game, didn't control that great be it on-rails (64) or full control (Assault). Besides, there were more reasons to hate the Mako. In Mass Effect 3, Steve Cortez bring up why in an argument with James Vega.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

I really liked the Mako. Much better than those stupid minigames of Mass effect 2. They should imo give a bit more emphasis on exploration with mako and maybe give you some missions with it

Hell if the new ME is more akin to ME1 colored me hyped ( i must be one of the few people that found 1 much better than 2 and 3 )

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

This is why I brought up Assault, where they had the balls to move the Landmaster away from the on-rails (say what you will about the on-foot segments).

I bring them up because the Landmaster in either game, didn't control that great be it on-rails (64) or full control (Assault). Besides, there were more reasons to hate the Mako. In Mass Effect 3, Steve Cortez bring up why in an argument with James Vega.

Okay I see your points nintendoboy16. Unfortunately Assault was the only, only Star Fox I never got a chance to play but looking at the video, I can see why it felt like Mako in a Star Fox Universe.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

BLASTER MASTER... that is all.

j/k, I'm super stoked about this... I actually added that to the "additional comments" section of the survey that Bioware put out about the new Mass Effect game where they asked fans to provide their input. I like to think they saw that and added it for me ;)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 nintendoboy16

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Okay I see your points nintendoboy16. Unfortunately Assault was the only, only Star Fox I never got a chance to play but looking at the video, I can see why it felt like Mako in a Star Fox Universe.

I like Assault a lot myself, and despite their flaws, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any sort of fun with the on-foot segments (which, at the very least, are better than what Rogue Squadron III did, despite that, RS III was STILL the superior arcade-style spaceship shooter).

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#85 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AdobeArtist

Mass Effect was a horrible game. To enjoy it, you had to really make alot of excuses for it. Mass Effect is kinda like a Slient Movie long after "talkies" have been invented, to enjoy it you kinda have to "Fill in the blanks" because theres clearly holes in every aspect of its design, everything from its combate to its dialogue. You know what I mean ?

I will grant you, ME1 was plagued with technical issues, especially around frame rate and area loading. Combat was hampered by trying to mesh incompatible RPG mechanics with the gunplay; having a skill stats system yet relying on the players own aim. I don't think there was too much issue with its dialog, and c'mon, lots of memorable comedic moments came out of that game (big stupid jellyfish!!).

Where the ME games really shine is the universe, lore, settings, art direction, music, and cast of characters that stay with us long after we finish the game.

There were a lot of problems with ME1's dialogue...of course, being the pioneer of a new way to deliver dialogue, that's going to happen.

First off, Commander Shepard does come off as an idiot in the first two hours of the game and this is because Bioware did not know how to truly handle a player character that should know things that the player doesn't. This leads to a lot of stupid questions Shepard can ask or Shepard not knowing things that he really should know as a first officer on a prototype Alliance warship.

Second, the talking codex entries. Yuck. ME1 treats its cast most of the time as information dispensers instead of actual characters and in turn, outside Wrex and maybe Ashley, the characters of ME1 lack development. Tali is by far the worst, all she was is a big giant codex dispenser on Quarians and Geth. It was ME2 that made her a real character with actual development. Bioware, when it comes to characters, had a problem of telling and not showing, until ME2, DA2, and ME3.

Third, Renegade in ME1 and ME2 simply suck. It misses the point of what Renegade is, and really a lot of it is pointless. The true point of Renegade is that sometimes you may have to do something unethical, and not morally idealistic to achieve the greater good and accomplish the mission. It was not about being as barbaric, ruthless, and sadistic as possible. It was not about being pointlessly cruel to your squadmates to pick up points. It was about willing to make the sacrifice for the greater good. This is what ME3 understands. And really in ME1 and ME2, what could be justifiable morally and done with good intentions, is made null and void by Shepards heartless and sadistic behavior and attitude. He loses this in ME3 and for the better. hell, I really do think the ME3 Renegade truly cares about who he hurts and regrets it, especially Mordin. The ME1 and ME2 renegade would just have a laugh.

Come ME3, and Bioware solved all these issues. The player character is not only knowledgeable, RPG convention is turned on its head when James quizzes Shepard of what's going on in the galaxy. The player character is answering questions another character is asking about the happenings of the game universe. The characters have now a very strong human element to them, developing throughout the game, showing their development, and limiting their talking codex moments to what is necessary. And I have already talked about Renegade.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I'm curious to see what they do with the franchise but honestly I was done after pt 3 (terrible ending).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lulu_Lulu

@texasgoldrush

ME3 did fail on one thing though.... You know those special Dialogue Options that require enough Paragon/Renegade points to access ?

They tried to fix it and it did kinda work but its still broken.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@TheEroica: I liked the Mako mission in ME1. I am happy to see it return.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

NICE !!!!!! Now that's what I'm talkinbout. Makes the next ME just that much more... AwesomeSauce.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#90 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I liked the Mako in Mass Effect for the same reason why I liked sailing in Wind Waker; it actually gave the game immersion. Mass Effect's issues was that it moved to slow and all the mountains on the planets. That could have been easily fixed but "Nope, gotta make this more like Gears of War."

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@texasgoldrush

ME3 did fail on one thing though.... You know those special Dialogue Options that require enough Paragon/Renegade points to access ?

They tried to fix it and it did kinda work but its still broken.

I do think they fixed it, and some times, they also subvert it, where it doesn't always work.

However instead of being forced to play one side of morality, you can be neutral. All you have to do is play as much of the game as possible and make the right decisions to even access them. many of these special dialogue choices require the right choices be made in the past. But sometimes they do not even work (as does some interrupts), like if you betray Wrex and he tries to kill you, you can try the charm/intimidate, but it doesn't work

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Honestly I would rather that part of the game was replaced by some kind of base building strategy meta that could fundamentally impact how you played the game.. Something like Xcom Enemy Unknown's but with choice and impact.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Lulu_Lulu

@texasgoldrush

Indeed... Instead of being confined to one type of choice you could go neutral aswell.... But you could never go to the oppasite side ever again, lest you find yourself short enough Reputation to access the special choices....

You know whats funny though ? They're trying to fix something that was never broken, choice and dialogue were doing just fine before they decided to throw stats into the Mix. they should get rid of them entirely, stop trying to fix what was never broken just for the sake of being a technical RPG. For better or worse.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Lulu_Lulu

@sSubZerOo

Then why don't you just keep playing Xcom ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@sSubZerOo

Then why don't you just keep playing Xcom ?

Merely a suggestion to the drab mako side quests of the first, and the mineral scanning of the second.. Offering something greater then crossing off something on a complete list of collecting random things.. But hey I get it, you don't like to be offered actual choices that may have consequences.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@sSubZerOo

hmmmm, but isn't Xcom turn based ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@sSubZerOo

hmmmm, but isn't Xcom turn based ?

I wasn't talking about the actual combat, but outside between missions (aka things like the scanning planets part of the game) you had to manage a base.. Resources etc etc, especially at higher difficulties like classic, you had to make tough choices on what to build and when.. If they did it right I could see this being a cool part of the game in which could add replayability with you doing different strategies that would have effects on your game..

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lulu_Lulu

@sSubZerOo

I don't think thats a good idea, the basicly two different types of games and people wont appreciate having their progress linked to a seperate system that cater's to a different type of gamer, it could wind up being a chore to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@sSubZerOo

I don't think thats a good idea, the basicly two different types of games and people wont appreciate having their progress linked to a seperate system that cater's to a different type of gamer, it could wind up being a chore to them.

You mean a chore like mako and planet scanning?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@sSubZerOo

Yes... Exactly !