Mass Effect Andromeda Hype Thread-GS:6! UPDATE: Improving animations, performance, etc. (Huge improvement for eyes)

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Note: Articulating anything related to story and characters will be avoided.

MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA

• Release Date: March 21, 2017
  • Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
  • Developer: BioWare
  • Publisher: Electronic Arts

Editions:

Special Edition:

Trailers:

Gameplay Trailers:

The Reception of the Trilogy:

Mass Effect: 91 on Metacritic, 85 on Gamespot

Mass Effect 2: 96 on MC, 90 on GS

Mass Effect 3: 93 on MC, 90 on GS

There are a total of 16 options that affect image quality that Andromeda players on PC can make use of. Options will be available for the following:

• Ambient Occlusion
  • Anti-Aliasing
  • Chromatic Aberration
  • Effects Quality
  • Film Grain
  • Lighting Quality
  • Mesh Quality
  • Post-Process Effect Quality
  • Resolution Scaling
  • Shader Quality
  • Shadow Quality
  • Terrain Quality
  • Texture Filtering Quality
  • Texture Quality
  • Vegetation Quality

Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 2 GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: At least 55 GB of free space
  • DirectX: DirectX 11

Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3 GB, AMD RX 480 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: At least 55 GB of free space
  • DirectX: DirectX 11

Reviews

As i'm too lazy and bummed our atm, i'm gonna copy and paste from Neogaf:

Metacritic - 75

Opencritic - 75

Stevivor - 9.5/10

Andromeda is superb, easily jettisoning Ryder and crew ahead of Commander Shepard and his team. It’s clear BioWare has learned lessons with the original Mass Effect trilogy, offering something even better and far more cohesive with this new series. Its only misstep is a slow, labouring tutorial that lasts the better part of five hours; though, after 60 more, it seems like nothing more than a distant memory. Offering deep, engaging characters, a new lore for a new galaxy (but enough interconnected so franchise fans don’t feel left out) and a stellar storyline, gamers of any background will find something to do in the far off reaches of the universe.

Press Start - 9/10

Mass Effect: Andromeda manages to successfully bring back the sense of exploration and discovery that fans have longed for since the original Mass Effect, whilst honing and improving the already enjoyable combat mechanics of Mass Effect 3. The result is something truly special – a metaphorical slow burn, a hybrid that is sure to appeal to fans of both the original game and its flashier sequels. Despite this, Andromeda is hampered slightly by its lack of visual polish and presentation, which can kill the wonder and fantasy as quickly as it builds it.

COG Connected - 8.8/10

So is it fun? Heck yes it is. The fantastic combat and strong story points far outweigh the technical missteps and more cringeworthy moments. Bioware may have bitten off more than it could chew scope wise, and the fringe elements of the game clearly have suffered for it. However, they’ve nailed the key aspects of what made for a great Mass Effect game in the past. - See more at: http://cogconnected.com/review/mass-....Rht72lLN.dpuf

Gaming Nexus - 8.8/10

Mass Effect: Andromeda doesn’t quite live up to the hype, but it comes close. Considering the situation in which the developers found themselves, they put out an addition to the franchise that really feels like returning home even though you’re millions of light years from Earth. With stunning scenery, a distinct Mass Effect feel, and an abundance of things to do, it’s a worthy investment for any Mass Effect veteran or newcomer—but don’t expect it to be perfect.

Forbes - 8.5/10

I have a feeling that Mass Effect fans will enjoy the game, but I don’t think anyone will claim it outclasses the original trilogy, outside of maybe the very first game. If you could combine the story and memorable quests of the originals with the combat, visuals and scope of Andromeda, you would have the perfect video game, though I think what's offered here will satisfy most. Despite its issues, Andromeda is welcome return to one of my favorite fictional universes, and I am still not ready to let Mass Effect go. I'm not sure I ever will be.

PlayStation Trophies - 8/10

You might initially turn your nose up at Mass Effect: Andromeda, but stick with it and you'll be richly rewarded with a vast space opera that gets better and better. It has problems, but they pale into insignificance once you're swept up in the exploits of Mass Effect: Andromeda's Pathfinder.

The Sixth Axis - 8/10

I found it hard to be excited during the opening hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda. It feels too safe, too much like what’s gone before, but then it clicks. There’s a moment where the galaxy opens up and you find yourself embarking once more on a huge mission across compelling, beautifully constructed planets, surrounded by memorable characters. Sadly the glut of technical missteps serve to cheapen proceedings, but this is still an adventure you don’t want to miss out on.

Game Informer - 8/10

When taken as its own journey (and not in comparison to Shepard’s saga), Mass Effect: Andromeda is fun, and the important parts work. The narrative isn’t astounding, but keeps you invested and drives you forward. The combat is entertaining whether you're in single-player or multiplayer. The crew isn't my favorite, but I like them and they have some good moments. Even with its other problems, these are the largest forces shaping your experience with Mass Effect: Andromeda, and they make it worth playing. At the same time, I was often left looking through a haze of inconveniences and dreaming about the game it could have been.

Critical Hit - 8/10

Mass Effect Andromeda is a fresh start – but in borrowing liberally from the first game it’s made many of the same mistakes. In spite of them, it’s an exciting space adventure that delivers everything that’s become important to Mass Effect: Great characters, fun exploration and a climactic tale of good vs evil.

PC Gamer - 8/10

Here's the thing, though: in the end, Andromeda still manages to be more than the sum of its parts. As a critic I can point to the things that don't quite work, the things that could be better, the things that should be better after 10 years and four of these games. I can also appreciate where improvements have been made, the basic pleasure of an improved combat system and a full-feeling, spectacular sci-fi world to explore.

Attack of the Fanboy - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeda fails to deliver a compelling plot and the journey to a whole new galaxy offers little that's new or exciting. Still, it does give you the same quality gameplay the series is known for and you'll enjoy your time with your new crew, even if they're no replacement for the originals.

PlayStation Universe - 8/10

The Andromeda saga begins with enthusiasm and the spirit of Mass Effect. It’s a credit to that spirit--to its truly great characters, gameplay, and fiction--that a staggering number of technical and design flaws don’t change the recommendation. If you love a good story, you should play Andromeda. If you love RPGs and shaping a world with choices, you should play Andromeda. If you’ve ever loved Mass Effect, you should play Andromeda.

RPGFan - 7.8/10

Mass Effect: Andromeda presents plenty of great ideas, but these tend to be either aped too closely from its predecessors or buried under issues that are surmountable, yet frustrating all the same. It excels most keenly at crafting environments that drip with atmosphere, suffused with rich color and ambient, spacey sound. Though this new setting lacks the depth and texture of BioWare's Milky Way, would-be explorers and romantics will find their odyssey to Andromeda sufficiently enjoyable.

IGN - 7.7/10

Mass Effect: Andromeda is an expansive action role-playing game with a few great moments that recapture the high points of the landmark trilogy that came before it, and energetic combat and fantastic sound effects contribute to a potent sci-fi atmosphere. Without consistently strong writing or a breakout star in its cast to carry it through the long hours and empty spaces, however, disappointments like a lack of new races, no companion customization, and major performance problems and bugs take their toll.

Polygon - 7.5/10

Let’s be clear: I’m conflicted about Mass Effect: Andromeda. There’s a lot of roughness throughout the game, and the technical issues, while not game-breaking, are often incredibly distracting.

But it’s my time with the cast that I’m still thinking about, and the mysteries about the world that haven’t been answered that make me feel like I’m waiting once again for a new Mass Effect game. And if I’m judging a game by where it leaves me, Andromeda succeeds, even if it stumbled getting there.

RPG Site - 7/10

Ryder’s tale feels like a solid beginning to something new. It needs more than a little polish, and probably some extensive work under the hood, but Andromeda has reassured me Mass Effect can exist without the Citadel, Earth, Shepard or even Ryder. This new galaxy left me with more questions than answers, but I’m okay with that. I hope another entry to the series means more exploration into every corner of humanity’s new home.

Videogamer - 7/10

Performance issues are a huge let down, and it feels more Dragon Age than Mass Effect. But if you like open world exploration with fast paced gun fighting, and a hero story like an OTT Hollywood action movie, you'll probably like Andromeda.

CGMag Online - 7/10

At times, Mass Effect: Andromeda can feel like an expansion and not a true follow-up. A lot of strides have been made to improve the already dazzling combat system (which is leaps and bounds more exciting than your average cover shooter), but so much of it feels like a regression. That slip still puts it a cut above a lot of others in the same space, but the failure to iterate after the divisive conclusion of the original trilogy isn't going to do BioWare any favours.

GamesRadar+ - 3.5/5

With a little more focus, Andromeda could have been a great game. The premise of exploring a new frontier in space is exciting and original, and the cast of characters inhabiting this new world - be they the fresh races, or the people you’ve dragged with you from the Milky Way - are more interesting than not. Some of the worlds have a real beauty, and the main narrative itself is compelling enough to carry you happily to the end. But there’s too much quest padding. Too much technical jargon. Too much fighting for a game with a poor fighting system. Too many clever little animations and quest-steps in between the stuff that’s actually fun to do. Place the resulting experience next to infinitely more finessed open-world games like The Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn - or even the original trilogy - and Andromeda compares very poorly indeed. Not a disaster, but definitely not the fresh start this series needed, or the one fans have been waiting patiently for.

Hardcore Gamer - 3.5/5

Performance issues are a huge let down, and it feels more Dragon Age than Mass Effect. But if you like open world exploration with fast paced gun fighting, and a hero story like an OTT Hollywood action movie, you'll probably like Andromeda.

Destructoid - 6.5/10

Mass Effect: Andromeda spends a lot of time not really feeling like a Mass Effect game. If anything, it feels like a spin-off -- the sort of thing created by another studio that's unsure about what direction to take it. Like in the game itself, there are problems with the atmosphere. But Andromeda is very clear that it doesn't aim to be like the other Mass Effects. New beginnings, not funerals -- for better and for worse.

PlayStation Lifestyle - 6.5/10

With the vast love of the Mass Effect series, Andromeda was never going to make people 100% happy, the same way the ME3 ending didn’t make people happy. The BioWare team put so many great things in place, but the main story, the characters, and most of the writing keep the game from being great. Sadly, technical mess keeps it from being good.

USgamer - 6/10

Mass Effect Andromeda falls short of its predecessors, but it's still a competently executed open-world action RPG with an interesting world and tons of quests to complete. Its biggest shame is that it doesn't make better use of its setting, opting instead to go with more of the same. Hopefully BioWare will be more ambitious when it comes time for the inevitable sequel.

Metro - 6/10

We didn’t particularly like any of the characters and interacting with them often comes across like some purposefully silly-looking YouTube skit. Whereas the team behind Andromeda’s action and role-playing elements have used the five years since Mass Effect 3 wisely it feels like those working on the script and story have only just woken up from hypersleep themselves, and dashed out this rushed and worryingly flawed game in a matter of weeks, not years.

Gamespot - 6/10

In many ways, Andromeda feels like a vision half-fulfilled. It contains a dizzying amount of content, but the quality fluctuates wildly. Its worlds and combat shine, but its writing and missions falter--and the relative strength of the former is not enough to compensate for the inescapable weakness of the latter. As a Mass Effect game, Andromeda falls well short of the nuanced politics, morality, and storytelling of its predecessors. For me, the series has always been about compelling characters and harrowing choices, so to find such weak writing here is bitterly disappointing. Yet even after 65 hours, I still plan on completing a few more quests. The game can't escape its shortcomings, but patient explorers can still find a few stars shining in the darkness.

The Daily Dot - 3/5

It’s a shame that the central narrative of Mass Effect Andromeda is deflated by this burdensome gameplay, because the crew of the Tempest is worth meeting. The mystery of the Kett is a fresh spin on the apocalyptic war of the original trilogy, and following the stories of people in the Heleus cluster often leads to surprising developments with tough decisions waiting at the end. Ryder’s tale and the thrill of colonizing a new star system set Andromeda apart from other Mass Effect games, but it often plays worse than a game from five years ago.

VentureBeat - 5.5/10

Games have to fit into our lives, and that’s not always fair. Mass Effect: Andromeda might’ve worked a decade ago on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but it doesn’t work in a world that is delivering games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In this reality, BioWare’s latest role-playing game is old, broken, and often boring. Worst of all, it’s going to disappoint fans of the Mass Effect series.

Rock Paper Shotgun - No score

Mass Effect Andromeda feels like a game that exists because there needed to be a new Mass Effect game. It’s hard, as deeply as you explore it, to find something that shows any other reason for it to be. Despite the extraordinary opportunity of a fresh start, fresh characters, and even a fresh galaxy to set it in, this feels like a lengthy rehash of what came before. It is bad in many ways, from its madcap AI, poor character faces, dated design and most of all, horrible writing, but its biggest crime is just how unavoidably, all-encompassingly dull it is for so, so many hours.

Eurogamer - No score

It's gripping stuff, and a reminder of the greatness of the Mass Effect trilogy - its intelligent reworkings of pulp sci-fi cliche, the taut splendour of its scenarios and aesthetic, the colour and dexterity of its writing. All that's still in here somewhere, I think. But then you pop out the other end of the mission, back into Andromeda's labyrinth of drudgery and obfuscation, and remember that you're a long way from home.

ACG Gaming - "Wait for a deep sale / Rent" (Video)

It's been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect™: Andromeda and we’re thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it’s really just the beginning.

Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.

This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

• Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
  • Increasing the inventory limits
  • Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
  • Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
  • Improving localized voice over lip sync
  • Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

There are many more adjustments being made, all of which you can find in our patch notes.

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

• More options and variety in the character creator
  • Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
  • Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
  • Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
  • Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams

These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what’s in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

Here’s to a great journey,

Aaryn

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mjorh

AAAA:

1. mjorh (+90 on MC)

2. texasgoldrush (91 on MC)

3. ellos (94 on MC)

4. Adobe Artist

AAA:

1. silversix_ (87 on MC)

2. TheEroica

3. aigis

4. madrocketeer

5. uninispiredcup

6. the_master_race

7. QuadKnight

8. adsparky

9. nathanbats

10. vatusus

11. zero_epyon

12. DaVillain

13. GarGX1

14. Champ

15. BIOKILLER123

16. CrashNBurn281

17. johnd13

18. Heil

19. ShadowsDemon

20. Heguain

21. Pal360 (89 on MC)

22. speedytimsi

23. darkangel115 (92 MC)

24. Litchie

25. Conon_The_Stoner

26. enzyme36

27. charizard1605

AA:

1. Primorandomguy (84 on MC)

2. 22Toothpicks

3. madsnakehhh

4. Vaasman

5. Sam3231

6. Dark_man13

7. 360rul13r

8. FLOPPAGE_50 (85-88 MC)

9. cainetao11

10. Dalger21 (85 on MC)

A:

1. Bread_or_Decide

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

9/10 on GS. 87 on Meta.

getting it on pc at midnight and probably playing all night.

Edit: Liam, Peepee and Cora look like such shitty characters. I'll try to access ini files and delete them from the game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

Nicely done my friend... Way better than I would've done. My hype threads are usually held together by popsicle sticks and boogers.

Garrus and I just had our morning coffee and he said well done!

Hype - 9.0 - too many moving parts to get a 10.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

The special editions for this game are so gross.

I just dont have the time for this game between Zelda and Persona 5, so I'm not all that hyped. I would think it would at least get an 8 here, but I will be bold and hype it at a 9/10

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I'm playing mass effect 3 now, I kinda missed it since I sold my 360 when I got the xboxone and I didn't play it at release (I played so much of 1 and 2 that I wasn't really up for another one in 2012). With the coming of andromeda this month I though yeah maybe I should start this.

Mass effect 3 is still a good game but you can really see the generational difference with current gen games. Having said that, andromeda looks amazing. For me it would be a 10/10 probably but I think gamespot will score this 9/10.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mjorh

@silversix_ said:

9/10 on GS. 87 on Meta.

getting it on pc at midnight and probably playing all night.

Same here!

Considering the trilogy, even ME2, has never gotten a 10 from GS, I think 9/10 is more reasonable, and I think MC will be higher than 90.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#8 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I have it locked in for a 9 and no higher.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mjorh

@TheEroica said:

Nicely done my friend... Way better than I would've done. My hype threads are usually held together by popsicle sticks and boogers.

Garrus and I just had our morning coffee and he said well done!

Hype - 9.0 - too many moving parts to get a 10.

Thanks!

Thank you Garrus too! :D

Only if Andromeda manages to establish a character like Garrus, oh man!

Yeah, my guts tell me it'll get a 9 but i'm hoping for a 10.

@aigis said:

The special editions for this game are so gross.

I just dont have the time for this game between Zelda and Persona 5, so I'm not all that hyped. I would think it would at least get an 8 here, but I will be bold and hype it at a 9/10

I can understand :D

Nomad seems pretty awesome tho

@commander said:

I'm playing mass effect 3 now, I kinda missed it since I sold my 360 when I got the xboxone and I didn't play it at release (I played so much of 1 and 2 that I wasn't really up for another one in 2012). With the coming of andromeda this month I though yeah maybe I should start this.

Mass effect 3 is still a good game but you can really see the generational difference with current gen games. Having said that, andromeda looks amazing.

Wanted to revisit the series but got too busy with current games so i can't really weigh in on how it holds up.

And your hype?

@madrocketeer said:

I have it locked in for a 9 and no higher.

Which is the most probable case.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Get 9, deserve 4.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@mjorh said:

Nomad seems pretty awesome tho

It does look cool, though I find it crazy the game doesnt come with the special edition

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

9/10 , but it looks like an 8 to me

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Get 9, deserve 4.

Pretty much this. it looks terrible

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

My personal hype is 9/10.

My only issue with the game is the funny facial animation in the game and default FemShep's fugly looks. I plan to customize the shit out of her and MaleShep to remedy this.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

I see a 7 but will likely be at least aa on gs

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

The animations in the first 13 minutes preview are so fucking bad.

8/10 is my guess, but personally I just can't get past that problem in the presentation, it's way too far in uncanny valley. I'll probably just wait until it's on sale to take a look at this one.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Man I hope it is a good game. I want this to be a good game!

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

9/10

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#20 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

9/10.super hyped!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Get 9, deserve 4.

Pretty much this. it looks terrible

Very pathetic. Halflife 2 is now roughly 17 years old and still has more emotive facial expressions.

Mass Effect look like dead people with slightly melted face.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

The first trilogy is so special to me...i missed all the initial ME hype...it wasn't until the 3 games were released on the PS3 that i was kind of interested on them...bought them and i was blown away by the universe, the story and the characters...So now, i'm so hyped for Andromeda, but for some reason i'm not feeling this game...i really hope this turns out at least just half as good as the original trilogy.

Anyway, AA for me.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silversix_

@madsnakehhh said:

The first trilogy is so special to me...i missed all the initial ME hype...it wasn't until the 3 games were released on the PS3 that i was kind of interested on them...bought them and i was blown away by the universe, the story and the characters...So now, i'm so hyped for Andromeda, but for some reason i'm not feeling this game...i really hope this turns out at least just half as good as the original trilogy.

Anyway, AA for me.

That what happens to our sheep. They ignore everything because it isn't available on their favorite console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Game looks ace. Hyping it AAA

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

AAA

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Honestly the more I see of it, the less hyped I am.

Was really hoping that with the reboot, they would have made significant changes to the game, but it just looks like more of the same. I imagine it will be even more streamlined/dumbed down, if anything...less RPG, more action.

I am still looking forward to it, and I am sure I will enjoy it. But hyped? Hyped I am not.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Not hyped.

8 GS

84 MC

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I will hype it a TGR/10.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 madsnakehhh

@silversix_ said:
@madsnakehhh said:

Anyway, AA for me.

That what happens to our sheep. They ignore everything because it isn't available on their favorite console.

That totally wasn't the meaning of mentioning the PS3...i don't own a 360 so of course i didn't pay much attention to the trilogy since well, i just wasn't going to be able to play them, so i was happy when they announced it on the PS3 so i cold have a chance to try it...but oh well, Drama Wars i guess.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silversix_

The first 13 minutes of the game. OBVIOUSLY DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS

Loading Video...
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

I am going to say AAAA, but around 91 MC.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Was really hoping that with the reboot, they would have made significant changes to the game, but it just looks like more of the same. I imagine it will be even more streamlined/dumbed down, if anything...less RPG, more action.

I am still looking forward to it, and I am sure I will enjoy it. But hyped? Hyped I am not.

They made MASSIVE changes to the game, what are you talking about?

It will be more RPG than even ME1.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I think it will be disappointing. The animations look garbage, and a lot of other stuff does, too. Not to mention you have texasgoldrush defending it, so you know you're headed for shit-city.

Mass Effect stopped being interesting when the SFM age took over.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By madsnakehhh
@freedomfreak said:

Not to mention you have texasgoldrush defending it, so you know you're headed for shit-city.

Now i'm truly worried :(

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Hiring Natalie Dormer only to hide her behind some blue skinned alien freak is incredibly disappointing.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silversix_

Couldn't resist, had to be done. Don't think i need to point out on what to look at.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By texasgoldrush

@freedomfreak said:

I think it will be disappointing. The animations look garbage, and a lot of other stuff does, too. Not to mention you have texasgoldrush defending it, so you know you're headed for shit-city.

Mass Effect stopped being interesting when the SFM age took over.

How will I defend it if its not good?

I do not defend DAI much at all, because I think its a letdown, and I think its even a worse game than DA2 at points.

And we have Horizon Zero Dawn with their terrible facial animations, but lets bash Mass Effect for their's when its simply gaming average.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 freedomfreak  Online

@texasgoldrush: Yeah, but Horizon's facial animation are blown out of proportion. Bioware sets the absolute garbage standard when it comes down to animation in general.

Not to mention Horizon is fun to play.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 texasgoldrush

@freedomfreak said:

@texasgoldrush: Yeah, but Horizon's facial animation are blown out of proportion. Bioware sets the absolute garbage standard when it comes down to animation in general.

Not to mention Horizon is fun to play.

Horizon's facial animations are still pretty bad, and we got thing like David Cage's games....plenty of games that have worse facial animation than Bioware. Deus Ex series is another example.

Bioware is average in this department.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freedomfreak  Online

@texasgoldrush: Guerilla Games is sitting at alright-tier compared to Bioware's garbage-tier at this point. You wanna argue? Sure. I'll deem you a racist against the Dutch people.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Awesome hype thread, I already pre-order Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition through EA Origin and just waiting for the game to release. I'm replaying though Mass Effect Trilogy already and so far, doesn't look like I'll be finishing it by the time Andromeda release so that's a shame, but at least I replay this series like 8 times already lol. BTW, the Super Deluxe Edition is a total rip-off and that last bonus over Deluxe is just pitiful and I doubt I'll play the MP despite I put lots of hours into ME3 MP on Xbox 360 and over 80 hours on it.

9/10 here for me!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By texasgoldrush

@freedomfreak said:

@texasgoldrush: Guerilla Games is sitting at alright-tier compared to Bioware's garbage-tier at this point. You wanna argue? Sure. I'll deem you a racist against the Dutch people.

Then why does Aloy's face look more uncanny than Chloe Price's (Ashly Burch's VA role before Aloy)?

And the facial animations for Mass Effect's alien races are quite good actually.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

I do not defend DAI much at all, because I think its a letdown, and I think its even a worse game than DA2 at points.

And we have Horizon Zero Dawn with their terrible facial animations, but lets bash Mass Effect for their's when its simply gaming average.

But it's not average. Body animations are extremely stiff and mannequin-esque, and facial animations are weird and either far too emotive or not even slightly emotive, with no in between. It's pretty much below average by most standards. Even if they're "better" on a technical level, they look decidedly worse than even the original trilogy. Using Horizon ZD as a metric for something considered worse only proves that as the truth.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

At this point the facial animations are so bad that they might even be worse than ME2 or ME3 animations. I'm usually extremely lenient when it comes to facial animations in games but even I noticed how bad they are in this game. It won't stop me from enjoying the game but they are pretty bad. Some of the worst I've seen in a modern AAA game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 freedomfreak  Online

@texasgoldrush: LEAVE ME ALONE AND STICK WITH MANLET EFFECT

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

I am going to say AAAA, but around 91 MC.

@mrbojangles25 said:

They made MASSIVE changes to the game, what are you talking about?

It will be more RPG than even ME1.

If you say so; tbh, I have not been following this game all those closely, so I am more inclined to take your word for it.

I'm hoping ME:A will be a standout title from the previous three ME games.

I like Bioware because they still take risks, still gamble. The Dragon Age games are evidence of that. DA:O was a new RPG but was done a lot like an old DnD RPG in many respects; DA2 was just terrible; and they finally seem to come full circle and do everything right with DA:I (even though many would disagree, I still think it is the best in series).

I expect a lot from ME:A, but at the same time I won't be surprised if they do something that totally weirds me out or outright disappoints me, just because it has happened before. And that's OK, because they always learn from it, but it's just important to remember that. At least for me it is.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 texasgoldrush

@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:

But it's not average. Body animations are extremely stiff and mannequin-esque, and facial animations are weird and either far too emotive or not even slightly emotive, with no in between. It's pretty much below average by most standards. Even if they're "better" on a technical level, they look decidedly worse than even the original trilogy. Using Horizon ZD as a metric for something considered worse only proves that as the truth.

No, they are right at average, many other games do facial animations and body animations even worse and once again, Bioware does alien races quite well, which will be almost half your crew and most of your squad.

The animation of their protagonists are definitely worse, but everything else is industry average and many games have far worse animations.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#47 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

I'm going to go with 8/10.

I'm debating how long I should wait till I pick it up. I didn't pick up ME1 or ME3 until they were $5.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mjorh

@DocSanchez said:

Hiring Natalie Dormer only to hide her behind some blue skinned alien freak is incredibly disappointing.

Agreed! lol

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mjorh

C'mon guys, you're so fixated on facial animations and you're blowing it outta proportion,i agree it's subpar but it's not horrendous either.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Mass effect game with tons of hype, a 9 is almost guaranteed.

I have no opinion of my own about the game because I've watched barely anything, don't want any spoilers at all.