Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 (Switch exclusive - Nintendo published) gameplay from Game Informer

• 55 results
#1 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -

Looks like what you'd expect from an X-Men Legends/MUA game. And honestly, so long as it's solid, I'm game.

#2 Edited by KBFloYd (21892 posts) -

looks like it was made for multiplayer.

will it have online MP with randoms? if it does im in. even though i am not a big marvel/Dc fan.

#3 Posted by sakaiXx (5923 posts) -

Dang that is ps2 era beat em up, looking good.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (21892 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

looks like borderlands 3 on ps4.

#5 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

You've never played an X-Men Legends OR an MUA, have you?

#6 Edited by KBFloYd (21892 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@KBFloYd said:

You've never played an X-Men Legends OR an MUA, have you?

nope, thanks for all your help.

#7 Posted by DaVillain- (37552 posts) -

The gameplay reminds me of Battleborn in terms of graphics in a way, but I must admit, I never thought we would get another Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and making it a Switch exclusive isn't what I had in mind when it should be multiplat for everyone to play it but hey, Nintendo is funding this so it's fair game here. The gameplay looks pretty fun, so this will be a day one purchase and not because I'm a Marvel fanboy, I need something new to play on my Switch cause I'm almost getting tired of playing SSB Ultimate.

#8 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -
@davillain- said:

The gameplay reminds me of Battleborn in terms of graphics in a way, but I must admit, I never thought we would get another Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and making it a Switch exclusive isn't what I had in mind when it should be multiplat for everyone to play it but hey, Nintendo is funding this so it's fair game here. The gameplay looks pretty fun, so this will be a day one purchase and not because I'm a Marvel fanboy, I need something new to play on my Switch cause I'm almost getting tired of playing SSB Ultimate.

Well to be fair, PS4 and Sony have Spider-Man to themselves, so...

#9 Posted by DaVillain- (37552 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@davillain- said:

True. Sony did at least funded a well good developer making the best Spider-Man game and like I said, it's fair game to any corp.

#10 Posted by Tigerbalm (1088 posts) -

6 year olds will enjoy this.

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (34378 posts) -

Expensive PS2 game.

#12 Edited by FinalFighters (3202 posts) -

looks like a PS2 game lol

#13 Edited by KBFloYd (21892 posts) -

the fact people are saying ps2 instead of ps3 says a lot about their pain.

#14 Posted by Fedor (5271 posts) -

Oof, looking real plastic.

#15 Edited by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

the fact people are saying ps2 instead of ps3 says a lot about their pain.

I've seen MUCH worse "grace" the Switch.

Besides, not the first time anything by Nintendo, even Odyssey, even Breath of the Wild, EVEN Pokken, EVEN Smash Bros, is compared to PS2 games in the graphics department. Yeah, because we all know a PS2 can run Skyrim or Doom 16...

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (36181 posts) -

I was thinking of playing older MUA games but the digital versions got removed from console stores, no interest anymore unless Microsoft ever makes clear their plans for disc for digital code swaps, then I get a cheap used version at GameStop and get a digital version that way.

#17 Edited by lundy86_4 (53643 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I was thinking of playing older MUA games but the digital versions got removed from console stores, no interest anymore unless Microsoft ever makes clear their plans for disc for digital code swaps, then I get a cheap used version at GameStop and get a digital version that way.

Same for the digital versions. The PC version also got the wonky-ass controller support, so I never picked them up.

I'll give this a shot at release.

#18 Posted by Archangel3371 (28407 posts) -

Looking good. I’m a big Marvel fan and really enjoyed the previous games so I’m pretty hyped for this one. Day one purchase for me.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#19 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

Looks good, I doubt it will be even better than previous 2 Marvel Ultimate Alliance installments in terms of review scores.

#20 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Um are you sure about that?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Nintendo Switch) (2019)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Nintendo Switch) (2019)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Sony Playstation 2) (2006)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Sony Playstation 2) (2006)

As you can see the graphic differences are:

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order (Switch) has:
    • higher resolution textures
    • higher polygon character models and maps
  • Original Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS2) has:
    • lower resolution textures
    • lower polygon character models and maps

Well this means PS2 is much weaker than Switch because it's an older generation console.

#21 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Again, it's the same crowd that thinks THESE look like PS2 games, so...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#22 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@nintendoboy16:

Yep, majority of Sony fanboys's logics are strange and stupid when they see which ever game isn't available on their beloved Playstation 4, typically they will troll by saying the graphics looks like 'PS2'.

Yet their favourite console from 6th gen era: PS2's hardware is also weaker than Gamecube and original Xbox too by judging on one of the multiplats's frame rates like Spider-Man 2002 for example.

Loading Video...
#23 Posted by evilross (1987 posts) -

My only complaint about the MUA games is that it forces you to have 4 heroes onscreen at all times, even when you are playing solo. I’d much prefer the game to play like Diablo or Gauntlet, where solo play was a lone hero and the game adjusts enemy power to how many people are playing. It just feels to crowded and clunky with a AI heroes all the time. Still a great series in my opinion though.

I really liked the Marvel history quiz minigame in MUA 2, anyone play a ton of that like I did?

#24 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -
@evilross said:

I really liked the Marvel history quiz minigame in MUA 2, anyone play a ton of that like I did?

X-Men Legends, the precursor to MUA also had a quiz minigame. I remember one of the very few references to Big Hero 6 in that. Y'know, long before THIS was a hit. :P

Loading Video...

Obvious why, they're both Marvel franchises, and the original X-Men Legends was written by the creators of the original Big Hero 6, which looks very different from the movie above.

#25 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Yep, and like I keep saying when PS2 is compared to GameCube. Good luck finding games on the PS2 that looks as good as Rogue Leader or runs as good as F-Zero GX.

#26 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@mclarenmaster18: Yep, and like I keep saying when PS2 is compared to GameCube. Good luck finding games on the PS2 that looks as good as Rogue Leader or runs as good as F-Zero GX.

Okay just checked so the results are:

I cannot seem to find a PS2 flight combat to look as good as GCN's Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 & 3.

Star Wars Rouge Squadron 2 & 3 (GCN)>>>Star Wars Jedi Star Fighter (PS2/Xbox).

Also for 1st party futuristic racing: PS2's Wipeout Fusion and Xbox's Quantum Redshift's gameplay feels slower than GCN's F-Zero GX when it comes to sense of speed.

I would like to admit that Star Wars is better on GameCube than PS2/Xbox, also I would love to see remake of Star Wars Rouge Squadron 1, 2 & 3 for Nintendo Switch.

#27 Posted by Ibacai (13826 posts) -

Looks fine graphically, it’s Switch after all, and the “plastic” art style is subjective. As for gameplay, looks like they are leaning into Musou territory in spots.

I don’t know, I’m not as excited anymore. But it could turn out to be the GOTY. So, fingers crossed!

#28 Edited by Solaryellow (5108 posts) -

Can I assume this is legitimately the third sequel of the series? From what I have seen it looks similar to the original in terms of character selection screen, environments, etc.., but story wise I am not sure where it is going.

#29 Posted by AJStyles (1023 posts) -

The game looks absolutely awful and I can’t imagine anyone legitimately being hyped for this PS2/Cell Phone Game port.

This game was designed as a cheap cash in for smart phones. It’s the only reason why it’s a “Switch exclusive”. It will come to smart phones soon after due to poor sales.

It’s low budget and trash looking. I don’t want this garbage even if it did come out for PS4/Xbone.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#30 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5747 posts) -

It looks fun and I like the art style. I enjoyed the first two games, so I'll definitely get it.

#31 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (7121 posts) -

Mostly interested because of team Ninja.

#32 Posted by Litchie (24140 posts) -

Looks pretty fun. Probably not getting it though.

#33 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1629 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

The game looks absolutely awful and I can’t imagine anyone legitimately being hyped for this PS2/Cell Phone Game port.

This game was designed as a cheap cash in for smart phones. It’s the only reason why it’s a “Switch exclusive”. It will come to smart phones soon after due to poor sales.

It’s low budget and trash looking. I don’t want this garbage even if it did come out for PS4/Xbone.

AJ, why does graphics matter to you?

#34 Posted by 2mrw (5868 posts) -

THIS LOOKS LIKE ASS

#35 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

I hope this turns out good, I'm very excited for this game.

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (39180 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@ajstyles said:

AJ, why does graphics matter to you?

It's a cow fakeboy account.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#37 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12901 posts) -

This looks bad. If it wasn't an exclusive no one would be saying it looks acceptable for a full priced game. Mario Maker 2 comes out close to it anyway and that is looking great.

#38 Posted by Coolyfett (6055 posts) -

This could be the game Coolyfett gets a Switch to play! Ultimate Alliance 1 was really fun, part 2 not so much. Will most likely go with the Spider verse roster or Black Panther & Storm as a couple running through everyone!

#39 Posted by Coolyfett (6055 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@davillain- said:

This is a solid point. Only PS4 players were able to play Spider Man.

#40 Posted by m_machine024 (15872 posts) -

Combat and gameplay look shallow. May be fun with 4 players but meh. I'd buy it at 15$.

#41 Edited by KungfuKitten (26743 posts) -

The only people who were enthusiastic about its reveal were the people who have played 1 or 2. I haven't. To me it looks a little odd? Shallow? But this series has fans. So there must be something to it. I'm keeping an open mind about it until people get to play it.

#42 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19803 posts) -

The only way how this game will guarantee a buy from me is, if they implement Samus Aran as a guest character. She can indeed fit right into the Marvel Universe

#43 Posted by Raining51 (1144 posts) -

Uhhh... welll... hmm.....

There's a lot of uncertainites for me with this game... I'll probably just pass on it.

#44 Edited by jeezers (3173 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: I had friends who got me into ua2 on 360. I wasnt interested untill i played it with a friend. Its a solid beat em up, even the one on 360 had shit graphics, but it's a really good co op beat em up series.

A 3d succesor to games like turtles in time and streets of rage.

#45 Posted by DocSanchez (5324 posts) -

A highly underwhelming series with limited gameplay and lastability.

#46 Posted by Coolyfett (6055 posts) -

Is the complete roster for UA3 out yet?

#47 Posted by Xabiss (2853 posts) -

This is a day one purchase for me and anyone who says this looks like a PS2 graphics wise are just jealous fanboys!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#49 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29206 posts) -

Third party on Switch in full effect ya'll. Lookin great. Day one buy.

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (36718 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: Spider-Man is in MUA so Sony doesn’t have him all to themselves obviously.