Mario Maker has sharing, don't edit my posts Super.

  • 75 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#1 Edited by darkspineslayer (22393 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

How. Just how was this not conceptualized without this feature? this KEY feature? Someone answer.

This is a perfect highlight of just how up it's own ass Nintendo can be. how they can legitimately make claims about the problems of this kind of game and level sharing when we're on our FIFTH Littlebigplanet game. This is mind boggling how they have this little perspective.

I would like to retract any LBP killer claims I might have made to people like @TheEroica. This title is literally nothing now. Even if it does come out with full online sharing, it's just mind blowing how this wasn't a consideration from the start. Not worth full price, or even $5.

Nintendo, get out of the 90s and join the rest of the industry. There has been no excuse for a while, this just punctuates it.

Edit: Sensationalist gamespot is sensationalist.

@jg4xchamp said:

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can **** this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#2 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

...

Wait.

So Nintendo greenlighted a level editor... without a way to share said levels? And they were planning on selling this for full price?

What the hell is this shit? Why does this exist? How the hell could they even conceive of a level editor without an online sharing mechanism? What century do they live in?

I-

Seriously, what?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#3 Posted by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

I would think that if this game didn't have this feature it would fail. But somehow Nintendo releases feature starved game after game and they sell well. So what do I know? It's kinda like how Call of Duty is the same year after year. People buy the stuff no matter what.

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#4 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

Why would this not be a part of the game in the first place. Who the hell do they think wants a level editor that doesn't let you share levels.

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#5 Edited by madsnakehhh (16235 posts) -

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#6 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

No, if this was conceptualized without online sharing, it's indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo's mindset and the way they approach the development of their games.

Avatar image for DJ-Lafleur
#7 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35516 posts) -

Would be kind of pointless without online sharing, so yeah hopefully it does get past "consideration" phase. =/

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#8 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

mmm a bit short sighted to say the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#9 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
#10 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3347 posts) -

Why wouldn't they allow it to be shared online? lolol

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#11 Edited by nintendoboy16 (33485 posts) -

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#12 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

Avatar image for topgunmv
#13 Edited by topgunmv (10746 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

Avatar image for Kaze_no_Mirai
#14 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -

While I do agree that its beyond stupid, I think it's a bit harsh to say it's not worth 5 dollars even if it includes a sharing feature. I'm more concerned that they would try and make it a full 60 dollar retail title. No way I'm paying that much for a level editor. I think 20 dollars would be pushing it depending on how fleshed out it is.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#15 Posted by charizard1605 (82622 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

Why does this exist?

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#16 Posted by wolverine4262 (20831 posts) -

Is anyone surprised?

Avatar image for sailor232
#17 Posted by sailor232 (6713 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me, it's Nintendo.

Avatar image for wolverine4262
#18 Edited by wolverine4262 (20831 posts) -

Avatar image for pyro1245
#20 Posted by pyro1245 (3180 posts) -

wow. I would have thought that was a given. I have no words. My mind is blown like that guy up there ^

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#21 Posted by drummerdave9099 (3187 posts) -

If this game doesn't come with level sharing then it better be free.

If this game is that limited in how big you can make the levels then it better not cost more than $5.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#22 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8424 posts) -

The ****...?

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#23 Posted by madsnakehhh (16235 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

No, if this was conceptualized without online sharing, it's indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo's mindset and the way they approach the development of their games.

So? i'm not punishing a product for having a good feature, who cares if they come up with the idea while in the restroom a day before launch.

Avatar image for commonfate
#24 Edited by commonfate (13320 posts) -

Was already a definite no buy before but now it's a super definite no buy!

I mean it Nintendon't!

Avatar image for pyratrum
#25 Posted by PyratRum (778 posts) -

Lol dafuq?

Get your shit together Nintendo.

Avatar image for handssss
#26 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

Nintendo is so far up their own ass, their minds have traveled back in time and gotten stuck in the 90s. Will it take them another 2 gens to FINALLY realize that this is the age of internet and we want... no DEMAND simple things like being able to play online with friends, TALK online with friends, and definitely simple things like sharing levels in a game such as this?

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#27 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33485 posts) -

@handssss said:

Nintendo is so far up their own ass, their minds have traveled back in time and gotten stuck in the 90s. Will it take them another 2 gens to FINALLY realize that this is the age of internet and we want... no DEMAND simple things like being able to play online with friends, TALK online with friends, and definitely simple things like sharing levels in a game such as this?

Which... you get depending on the game? Mario Kart? Smash 4? Pokemon? Seriously, this is posted like they NEVER do it at all when that isn't true. They just do it varying on the game. And don't take this response as a defense to MM lacking online, it isn't because I think it's stupid for a game like this. I can defend SM3DW for lacking it (while ironically, other games non-Nintendo, such as Rayman Legends get away scott-free), but not this.

Crap, you can even share levels in BRAWL.

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#28 Edited by madsnakehhh (16235 posts) -

@topgunmv: Not to mention, and as far as i know, you only have 2 styles to choose from, so that means no Super Mario Bros 3 and no Super Mario World levels.

Oh, nevermind, apparently it will have more styles.

Avatar image for OhSnapitz
#29 Edited by OhSnapitz (19260 posts) -

Meanwhile.. at Nintendo Headquarters (brainstorming for the next new thing):

Avatar image for inb4uall
#30 Edited by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

Calm down guys they were obviously gonna use the E-reader to let you share levels.

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#31 Edited by madsnakehhh (16235 posts) -

Hmmm...i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but where does it says that it won't have an online sharing feature? if anything, it says that they are working on better ways to allow players to share their content.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/mario-maker-will-include-more-art-styles-than-just-mario-games/

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

"There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.""

@darkspineslayer: Honestly, and after reading a little bit more about the title...i think i'm actually more excited for it.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#32 Edited by nintendoboy16 (33485 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

Hmmm...i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but where does it says that it won't have an online sharing feature? if anything, it says that they are working on better ways to allow players to share their content.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/mario-maker-will-include-more-art-styles-than-just-mario-games/

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

"There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.""

Oh jeez, no wonder Quorothon hates my ass. I hope your quote gets noticed more, because I got a feeling it's going to be ignored (like most posts if they have any form of sense or neutrality here).

Avatar image for silversix_
#33 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

This is why Nintendo is the laughing stock. How could you even think of this nowdays? No1 computes at nintendo...

Avatar image for m_machine024
#34 Edited by m_machine024 (15610 posts) -

If true, that's unacceptable. Not interested in the game anyway so far but online sharing should be a no-brainer.

Avatar image for m_machine024
#35 Posted by m_machine024 (15610 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

Also... FIFTH LBP? That's a number behind. Just saying?

LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita and LBP3. If I'm not wrong.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#36 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33485 posts) -

@m_machine024 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

Also... FIFTH LBP? That's a number behind. Just saying?

LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita and LBP3. If I'm not wrong.

LBP handhelds aren't the main games though, but okay, my mistake.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#37 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

Nintendo makes shitty decisions and is way behind the times, more at 11.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#38 Edited by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can **** this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#39 Edited by darkspineslayer (22393 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: You hate most things I do. :P

Fair enough though. I'll eat crow here. I took the hyperbolic gamespot news story at face value. That will teach me to expect even something as basic as the facts in a gamespot article.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#40 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29569 posts) -

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#41 Posted by freedomfreak (49790 posts) -

Okay. So, you can share. Moving on then.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#42 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33485 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

Legato, I may have made the same mistake but... did you see what madsnake and Champ pointed out? Heck, that goes for you too, Char, one who called me out for making a sensationalist topic when the Australian Ratings system labelled Bayo 2 as a multiplat.

Avatar image for JangoWuzHere
#43 Edited by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

I would say that most people here would benefit greatly if they actually took a minute to think before they post.

of course this will have online sharing. It wouldn't make any sense if it didn't. You can't take everything at face value.

Avatar image for yokofox33
#44 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

So awful. The fact it's being considered, and not the first fucking feature they should have implemented, is downright despicable. How the hell can you not have the ability to share and play other levels? Nintendo will find a way to make it DLC or make us pay for playing shared levels.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#45 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33485 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

So awful. The fact it's being considered, and not the first fucking feature they should have implemented, is downright despicable. How the hell can you not have the ability to share and play other levels? Nintendo will find a way to make it DLC or make us pay for playing shared levels.

Once again, refer to madsnake and Champ's posts.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#46 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29569 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

Legato, I may have made the same mistake but... did you see what madsnake and Champ pointed out? Heck, that goes for you too, Char, one who called me out for making a sensationalist topic when the Australian Ratings system labelled Bayo 2 as a multiplat.

Ah, I see. It's actually just Nintendo trying to get rid of the "Ranking System" where only the Popular stuff is shown. Neat.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
#47 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9279 posts) -

Online sharing or no, I'm really not that interested in this title.

Avatar image for speedfog
#48 Posted by speedfog (4941 posts) -

lock this sh*t. Or edit your post.

Avatar image for Pikminmaniac
#49 Edited by Pikminmaniac (11194 posts) -

At first I was all "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard", but then after reading into it, I'm all "Gamespot click bait article..."

Like it's been said above, Mario Maker is all about online sharing. Nintendo is just trying to figure out the best way to do it in a way that lets everybody's creations get as much attention as possible.

Avatar image for Jag85
#50 Posted by Jag85 (10710 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can **** this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

I knew something was being taken out of context here. Thanks for clearing that up. That's some terrible journalism from GameSpot, taking things out of context in order to stir up Nintendo hate and get more clicks.