Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow @ 6pm EST/3pm PST

• 61 results
#51 Posted by Vaidream45 (1850 posts) -

Damn!! This looks amazing!

#52 Posted by briguyb13 (2956 posts) -

This game is amazaballs.

#53 Posted by AcidTango (1657 posts) -

I might get a Switch for this game. So far it looks great.

#54 Edited by jaydan (2201 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah, same. I want to play levels created by Nintendo :)

Normally I would agree but in this game they are giving users the tools of past Mario games. It will be like playing a real Mario level as opposed to something bootleg looking in a game like Dreams.

Yeah I guess... still not my cup of tea.

But I can see how some would be very excited for it.

You could just play Story Mode, yes there's Story Mode in this version of Mario Maker

That's great and all, but the main draw for Super Mario Maker is the "Maker" aspect to it...it's a bit odd to buy a game for a feature that won't even be the main course of the game. It looks good for the fans but not everyone is into the whole create/share style of game.

#55 Posted by DocSanchez (5217 posts) -

As usual, the most precious of fanboys calling an advertisement game of the year and using this to slag off someone else, in this case the complete creation suite Dreams. Woe betide if anyone responds in kind, they don't like it.

#56 Posted by MonsieurX (38996 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

As usual, the most precious of fanboys calling an advertisement game of the year and using this to slag off someone else, in this case the complete creation suite Dreams. Woe betide if anyone responds in kind, they don't like it.

2 users called it their GOTY, calm down

#57 Posted by mojito1988 (3534 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@DocSanchez said:

This. Someone is VERY defensive for no reason. Weird.

#58 Posted by DocSanchez (5217 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:
@DocSanchez said:

Yes exactly. Two people called this their game of the year.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#59 Posted by drummerdave9099 (4067 posts) -

I'm floored. Can't wait.

Also can't have a thread about a Nintendo game without Eeyore aka DocSanchez

#60 Edited by Raining51 (804 posts) -

I wonder where to go for a good breakdown for this...

I guess me might not be a bad option I didn't have time to watch it though...

So I'm trying to rely on tohers but somehow I think it will be me I guess maybe I'll watch the video later myself.

#61 Edited by KungfuKitten (26419 posts) -

@raining51 said:

I wonder where to go for a good breakdown for this...

I guess me might not be a bad option I didn't have time to watch it though...

So I'm trying to rely on tohers but somehow I think it will be me I guess maybe I'll watch the video later myself.

Because the video moves so fast, the breakdowns are longer than the video itself. I can try... Hmm.

• (gentle and steep) slopes, angry sun and a snake block you can program the path for, horizontally moving thwomps, sideways piranha plants, checkpoints don't make you big
  • on/off switch that can change conveyor belt direction/change on-rail tracks/make red/blue blocks appear disappear, a seesaw, bouncy mushroom platforms, a swinging claw to swing from and that can pick up enemies
  • banzai bills, dry bones shell can let Mario survive lava, big coins that are worth more coins, twisters, icicles, red yoshi that breathes fire, parachutes to slow down falling enemies/items, boom boom & pom pom, car
  • lava and water levels can be set and can rise and fall (levels that are partially underwater)
  • new night mode that changes some rules (floating goomba's/low light/slippery floor/upside down/storms) with some items transforming into evil stuff, and a happy moon that clears enemies on screen
  • custom scrolling: you can set the speed and path of the scrolling camera + vertical sub-area's (solid walls can now stop the camera from scrolling, meaning you can make hidden rooms more easily)
  • clear conditions like beat x goomba's or don't touch the floor or gather 50 coins
  • creating levels can now be done by 2 players locally at same time
  • single player story mode with 100+ nintendo designed levels
  • new themes: desert, snow, forest, sky
  • new Mario music by Koji Kondo
  • Super Mario 3D World style will reset your stage because it's pretty different with cat mario, clear pipes, floating crates and the timed blocks etc.
  • comments are back (custom and predesigned and stamps) and the little x's where people died
  • you can set descriptions for your levels now, and get a 'maker profile' with avatar, unlockable maker costumes and medals
  • searching is more advanced with tags(!)/themes/styles, and the course ID is shortened to 9 characters (original was 16 characters long)
  • endless challenge instead of 100 challenge with a global ranking (start with 5 lives),
  • online 4-player co-op to clear stages together or if you feel mean there is an online versus mode with ranking
  • 6-28 release date & 6-8 2019 invitational tournament