Mario Kart 8 will be best racing game?

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) 3 years, 6 months ago

Poll: Mario Kart 8 will be best racing game? (37 votes)

Mario Kart 8 is BEST 78%
No, Mario Kart 8 is meh. DriveClub will be better. 22%

What is nothing more fun than having Race Game with power ups, throw bananas, shoot rockets, use shield. Not only that, but MAPS ARE AMAZING.

DriveClub looks good but it´s just meh. It´s not fun.

Mario Kart 8 wins because it has best maps, awesome power up, but most of all, ITS FUN!!!

Fly, drive underwater, drive on clouds, this is amazing. Even tho Wii U is weak, online is bad, but at least GAMES ARE FUN!!!

Look some gifs:

It will be best racing game next 5 years?

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (82615 posts) -

Your posts and threads make it seem like you have dissociative identity disorder. Just pick a side and stick with it ffs.

#2 Edited by R4gn4r0k (26816 posts) -

Driveclub:

#3 Posted by hehe101 (730 posts) -

Yes one of the few things Nintendo gets right.

#4 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

Can get 99% of the same experience if I break out my N64 and a copy of MK64. No need to upgrade.

#5 Posted by AznbkdX (4175 posts) -

Man, there shouldn't even be a percentage on option 2. :P

#6 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Of course, it's freaking mario kart

#7 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

Can hardly call it that when many times, it's not the best driver who wins due to the game's random nature and nature of handicap items.

It is probably eligible to win in the most addicting/most fun racing game category though.

#8 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33359 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Can get 99% of the same experience if I break out my N64 and a copy of MK64. No need to upgrade.

No, more like 30%.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#9 Edited by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

@handssss said:

Can hardly call it that when many times, it's not the best driver who wins due to the game's random nature and nature of handicap items.

It is probably eligible to win in the most addicting/most fun racing game category though.

That honestly depends. If you race online and there is a gap between good and really good players, the really good players will almost always end up on top. The item boxes just puts down another layer of tactics in the race.

#10 Posted by handssss (1907 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@handssss said:

That honestly depends. If you race online and there is a gap between good and really good players, the really good players will almost always end up on top. The item boxes just puts down another layer of tactics in the race.

yes, i know how it works. me and a friend race a lot in mario kart 7. when u get blue shelled in 1st on the final stretch of the race, that's just bad luck somebody in the bottom 3 just HAD to get one. Well, I guess you could just stop and try to trick 2nd place into passing like other pussies online do, but that's just lame. Worst I seen is when someone got a blue shell and the whole field started going in reverse till blue shell guy got into first. something is just messed up about all that. hopefully the super horn isnt regulated to just being an item you get for being near the back of the pack. carrying a star with you into first w/o using it is overly tedious.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#11 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

@handssss said:

@Heirren said:

@handssss said:

yes, i know how it works. me and a friend race a lot in mario kart 7. when u get blue shelled in 1st on the final stretch of the race, that's just bad luck somebody in the bottom 3 just HAD to get one. Well, I guess you could just stop and try to trick 2nd place into passing like other pussies online do, but that's just lame. Worst I seen is when someone got a blue shell and the whole field started going in reverse till blue shell guy got into first. something is just messed up about all that. hopefully the super horn isnt regulated to just being an item you get for being near the back of the pack. carrying a star with you into first w/o using it is overly tedious.

ah yes, I agree. I've seen this happen and it is aggravating. However, after people get over that and realize it isn't helping anybody, it doesn't happen as much. Bottom line is mario kart has a lot of depth. If you race well you don't even need items, really.

There are still some issues, though, as you mentioned. Imo, a bigger issues than the blue shell thing were certain vehicle combos--the issues that were more complex than a simple item.

#12 Edited by lamprey263 (34376 posts) -

I don't particularly like Mario Kart as much as other people but I still like it, but I feel it will probably out perform Drive Club regardless of Drive Club is utterly awesome.

#13 Edited by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

A rubber band racing game being the best racing game? no, hell it wouldn't even be the best kart racer.

#14 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: champ plz

have you even been following mario kart 8 at all?

#15 Edited by zassimick (10373 posts) -

It's a game I'm anticipating very much. I can't wait to have a bunch of people over and race through the Grand Prix. Absolute mayhem! I hope Battle Mode is strong in this game; I was a bit disappointed with how they handled it in Mario Kart 7.

Getting Pikmin 3 with it is just icing on the cake too. :)

#16 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

@jg4xchamp: champ plz

have you even been following mario kart 8 at all?

It's Mario kart you apologist. Get real.

#17 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: I'd rather be an apologist than a joyless sack of shit

#18 Edited by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

@jg4xchamp: cynic

lol apologism to the extreeeeeeeeeeeeeme

#19 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

@Blabadon: don't you have some 3ds games to shit on somewhere?

#20 Edited by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Of course. It's Mario Kart.

#21 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

@Blabadon: don't you have some 3ds games to shit on somewhere?

Quickest butthurt I've seen on this forum.

#22 Posted by Big_Pecks (5972 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 is the GOTY and best of its genre.

#23 Edited by foxhound_fox (96544 posts) -

Best arcade racer unless Nintendo decides to revive F-Zero.

#24 Edited by Caseytappy (2199 posts) -

Yeh , I bet it wins best Mario kart game for the Wii-U .

Awesome !