March:Which game will sell more? Infamous Second Son or TitanFall?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll March:Which game will sell more? Infamous Second Son or TitanFall? (57 votes)

TitanFall 77%
Infamous Second Son 23%

NPD is a coming, but we are not talking about hardware this thread. It's the flag ship march gaming software battle thread.

Titanfall has been pushed aggressively to push Xbox Ones.

Infamous Second Son has bundled in select countries, and is on a console that has a slightly larger install base (assumingly since we have no numbers)

Which of these games will sell more over all?

\The winners get.... To say they were correct! A wonderful prize!

• 
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@lostrib said:

well NPD only counts retail, so it will not be definitive anyways

I purchased Titanfall digitally. I've never been a DD fan, but it made sense with this game because its online only. I predict SS will "outsell" it because people physically purchased it.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@thedoafan: dude ok we know you the guy kissing the girl we get it

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@lostrib said:

well NPD only counts retail, so it will not be definitive anyways

Yes it would. Unless it's really close.

@charizard1605 said:

Titanfall, obviously

And it being on multiple systems has nothing to do with it- it was only released for PC in addition to Xbox One (the Xbox 360 version delayed to April), and PC retail sales are negligibly low.

A better perspective

@slim70 said:

Hmm.. lets see, one game is exclusive to just one platform while the other is on 3 different platforms. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out.

But it takes an idiot to think that the game is going to be counted on 3 platforms for March NPD...

@Shewgenja said:

Titanfall is multiplat. Even though the 360 version hadn't launched, PC did and that will inflate the numbers.

By maybe 5%

@vashkey said:

Titanfall is on three platforms, had more marketing and hype and is arguably the better game, so yeah, Titanfall.

Infamous is like one of Sony's midtier franchises.

No it's not on 3 platforms in march.

@bezza2011 said:

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Probably nothing much if any. but we'll find out on the 24th.

We're talking about the overall sales of Titanfall in March and that would also include PC sales too asshole.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Titanfall, due to the availability on multiple platforms, the hype, and the fact that it came out before Infamous. I'd be shocked if it were outsold.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@bezza2011 said:

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Any losses on price reductions/game bundles will be made up in the long run on Live, services, and DLC. MS needs to just drop the One to $400 or even better $350. Not saying they will suddenly vault past the PS4 in sales, but they will maintain a consistent sales increase at those price points. Easier for me to say seeing as how Im not a stock holder, but they seriously have to know that gamers buy based on price and quality games. Game wise they are doing very good at the moment. Price wise, nope. Hit the right price and keep Kinect and they will be fine. I truly believe the key to helping the One gain momentum is a price drop while keeping Kinect in the box. Those that have no interest in it can simply never turn it on, but at least they won't have to pay for it anymore, and could maybe pick up a few bucks by selling it. Price drop is key, especially after what I think will be a very, very strong E3 on the games front.

If you own shares in any Domestic Large Cap mutual fund, you're more likely a shareholder (indirectly) than not.