Majora's Mask-like setting and atmosphere combined with BOTW open-world and gameplay...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Would that be a good combo? I think Majora's Mask has by far the most atmospheric and immersive setting along with the best lore and side-quests/subplots. Would it be possible to combine the three days cycle with a BOTW-like open-world? A BOTW set in Termina.

Would you dig it?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I'd rather have something like Wind Waker, I think. MM atmosphere is really cool, though.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1847 Posts

@Litchie said:

I'd rather have something like Wind Waker, I think. MM atmosphere is really cool, though.

Gross. I'm sorry, but I just don't like Wind Waker. It was a tedious game. The best thing about it is it's art ironically (you know since Nintendo fans place more emphasis on gameplay and less on graphics/art).

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LuxuryHeart

I don't care for Majora's Mask too much. I appreciate them trying to go darker, but just no for the world itself. I want something like a true OoT remaster (like Square Enix is doing with FF7). I also want a game more similar to that art style and puzzles and dungeons like it. How cool would it be to have the open world of Breath of the World with a more linear story line that includes more major bosses and dungeons. I do like how you can do your own thing in BOTW, but it seemed too all over the place as far as story which hurt the game experience.

I do not want to sail across nothing like I did in Wind Waker. What's the point of a beautiful world if it's empty, save the occasional enemy, like Twilight Princess?

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Majora's Mask is still my favourite Zelda game (slightly above BotW), simply because of the story, setting and style.
Since BotW is one of the best games ever created, combining its open world approach and various physics systems with Majora's Mask would probably make it a contender for personal GOAT lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:

1. Gross. I'm sorry, but I just don't like Wind Waker. It was a tedious game. The best thing about it is it's art ironically (you know since Nintendo fans place more emphasis on gameplay and less on graphics/art).
2. I do not want to sail across nothing like I did in Wind Waker. What's the point of a beautiful world if it's empty, save the occasional enemy, like Twilight Princess?

1. I disagree. Wind Waker was awesome.
2. I don't see any reason why it would be as empty as Wind Waker. Nintendo usually improve their shit. And Wind Waker overworld was at least a thousand times better than Twilight Princess'.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LuxuryHeart

@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:

1. Gross. I'm sorry, but I just don't like Wind Waker. It was a tedious game. The best thing about it is it's art ironically (you know since Nintendo fans place more emphasis on gameplay and less on graphics/art).
2. I do not want to sail across nothing like I did in Wind Waker. What's the point of a beautiful world if it's empty, save the occasional enemy, like Twilight Princess?

2. I don't see any reason why it would be as empty as Wind Waker. Nintendo usually improve their shit. And Wind Waker overworld was at least a thousand times better than Twilight Princess'.

Wind Waker sucked. I'm sorry, but no. The best part was the stealth mode at the beginning. I liked that aspect. It went to crap after I had to sail the boat for an hour just to find the island.

Twilight Princess was empty as well, so no competition there. My favorite 3D Zelda, although cliche, is still Ocarina of Time. Second favorite 3D Zelda is Twilight Princess. It might be empty, but at least I got to places a lot quicker compared to Wind Waker and got to enjoy the dungeons.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:

Wind Waker sucked. I'm sorry, but no. The best part was the stealth mode at the beginning. I liked that aspect. It went to crap after I had to sail the boat for an hour just to find the island.

Twilight Princess was empty as well, so no competition there. My favorite 3D Zelda, although cliche, is still Ocarina of Time. Second favorite 3D Zelda is Twilight Princess. It might be empty, but at least I got to places a lot quicker compared to Wind Waker and got to enjoy the dungeons.

People are always exaggerating so much when talking about Wind Waker's sailing being long and tedious, lol.
The world wasn't THAT big, and exploring the sea and the islands was actually a lot of fun, opposite to Twilight Princess' world.

The fast sailing option in Wind Waker HD was pretty nice though, even though I found it a little bit too fast.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LuxuryHeart

@Sgt_Crow said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:
@Litchie said:

People are always exaggerating so much when talking about Wind Waker's sailing being long and tedious, lol.

The world wasn't THAT big, and exploring the sea and the islands was actually a lot of fun, opposite to Twilight Princess' world.

The fast sailing option in Wind Waker HD was pretty nice though, even though I found it a little bit too fast.

Meh I hated it. It was tedious to me and I gave up on it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990

Yeah gotta agree. Wind Waker was awful. The pacing was the stuff of nightmare.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I don't know how anyone would think Wind Waker was the worst Zelda game cause it ain't! Wind Waker had that Pirate theme going for at the time, sailing the seven seas was so fucking amazing, I played that game so many times on Gamecube (even on Wii U) because sailing was really fun.

As for this thread, I prefer it was similar to WW because riding horse get's so old, I rather sail across the seas then riding a freaking horse all the damn time in Zelda games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Give Zelda, Mario, Chinpokomon lol a long, long rest and try something new for a change. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

I agree with the Wind Waker fans in this thread: If anything, more Zelda games need to be like Wind Waker.

I frikkin' loved those DS Zelda games too !

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@Litchie said:

The last thing that Nintendo needs is another Wind Waker. That would be terrible.

I agree with the OP that a Majora's Mask-like setting and atmosphere combined with BOTW's gameplay would be amazing.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Juub1990
@davillain- said:

I don't know how anyone would think Wind Waker was the worst Zelda game cause it ain't! Wind Waker had that Pirate theme going for at the time, sailing the seven seas was so fucking amazing, I played that game so many times on Gamecube (even on Wii U) because sailing was really fun.

As for this thread, I prefer it was similar to WW because riding horse get's so old, I rather sail across the seas then riding a freaking horse all the damn time in Zelda games.

It took something like 2hrs just to get to the first dungeon in Wind Waker and the whole game is padded with filler content. Majora's Mask also had questionable pacing but at least the plot was far more interesting and less childish, not to mention more original.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

The Windwaker is probably my favorite Zelda game. The ocean setting was a nice change of pace and the artstyle is beautiful. Also they finally tried to not tell the same damn story for the thousandth time too. Plus there was a lot to do, a huge open world, and hella mysteries to solve too. I beat it at least 4-5 times on Gamecube

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I love the concept... majoras mask setting with some time loop management sounds like it would be great for an open world BotW style Zelda.

But the next step I would like to see in the next open world Zelda is more traditional temples like Hyrule Castle was in BotW. With more permanent tools and items to find in the temples.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I would be fine with that. Maybe not with the time thing, but with that same kind of foreboding atmosphere and of course more areas similar to Hyrule Castle from BotW.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

I like the idea. MM is one of my favorites. As long as we leave OoT in the past where it belongs. The constant wanking over it gets annoying.