Major Playstation Announcement Coming in May

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=www.emol.com%2Fnoticias%2Ftecnologia%2F2013%2F01%2F11%2F578693%2Fejecutivo-de-sony-adelanta-importante-anuncio-de-playstation-para-unos-meses-mas.html

PS4? :o

NeoGAF Link

#2 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
I bet it's about TloU
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#3 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

Was just about to post this.

NeoGAF Link

#5 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

Was just about to post this.

NeoGAF Link

Obviously_Right

Thanks, put the link in op.

It has to be PS4, there really isn't anything else they can announce (unless it has to do with PSN). They know that they have to let the cat out of the bag soon, they can't delay the announcement anymore. Everyone expects new consoles to be announced this E3 so MS and Sony have to deliver.

Speaking of E3, they seriously need to show at least some The Last Guardian footage on there. I mean come on, at least show us what you're doing. They act like it doesn't even exist anymore.

#6 Posted by Cheleman (8197 posts) -

Infamous 3

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#7 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Could be PS4, in fact, I don't know what else it could be

#8 Posted by V3rciS (2236 posts) -

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=www.emol.com%2Fnoticias%2Ftecnologia%2F2013%2F01%2F11%2F578693%2Fejecutivo-de-sony-adelanta-importante-anuncio-de-playstation-para-unos-meses-mas.html

PS4? :o

NeoGAF Link

XVision84

Fake, they got no money and we already said Goodbye to Sony.

Thread is invalid

#11 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Playstation Vita 2

#12 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -
I bet it's about TloU Blabadon
um.......... TLoU comes out on May 7th... so no.
#13 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

Let's hope its something mind blowing and what i am expecting.TheGuardian03

I'd lol so hard if it's Playstation Move 2.

#14 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

seanmcloughlin
PS VITA discontinued after May 2013
#16 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

"Regarding consoles, people say that Sony will make announcements this year and that would be working on the new PlayStation. Are we going to see a new model in some months?

It's still a big secret, but our Sony PlayStation friends are getting ready. I only can say that we're focused on the games related E3 event, booked for June.The announcement can take place there or even before, in May."

How is the PS4bis a secret when he all but confirms it 2 sentences later? lolzers.

#17 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

Infamous 3

Cheleman

I wish man, I wish. There's so much more they can do with Infamous, it better make a next gen comeback. There are no superhero games out right now that actually make you feel powerful. Even Prototype. There's a lot they can do with the genre if they just put more effort into it!

#18 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Hmm, probably should sneak in the announcment before Microsoft. Dont let Xbox get a huge boost of momentum like they did last time.

#19 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Infamous 3

XVision84

I wish man, I wish. There's so much more they can do with Infamous, it better make a next gen comeback. There are no superhero games out right now that actually make you feel powerful. Even Prototype. There's a lot they can do with the genre if they just put more effort into it!

Prototype 2 makes you feel super powerful. It's just poor other than that. A sense of power is about the only thing it does right

#20 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Hmm, probably should sneak in the announcment before Microsoft. Dont let Xbox get a huge boost of momentum like they did last time.

crimsonman1245

That's what I'm thinking, they won't risk coming second for so long again. They have to get out and running quickly, at least with an announcement

#21 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -
Sony going Chapter 11
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#22 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

Feel sorry for the Sheep, the Wii U came and went like a fart in the wind. *sheds tear*

#23 Posted by XVision84 (13985 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Infamous 3

seanmcloughlin

Prototype 2 makes you feel super powerful. It's just poor other than that. A sense of power is about the only thing it does right

Hmmm...it's difficult to explain. I mean sure you can run fast and have some interesting powers, but they never really pull it off well. I see what I can do in the game, but I never actuallyfeel like I'm really powerful. Like, you should be able to string moves together seamlessly, but you can't really do that in Prototype. In Infamous I actually feel powerful, but in Prototype it feels like I'm playing a generic open world game with the speed value set really high.

#24 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

probably announcing that their shutting down their games division,

Goodbye sony :(

#25 Posted by NirdBerd (2113 posts) -

I bet it's about TloU Blabadon

But..but it was already announced....that's why we know of it's existance...

#26 Posted by louisfoxton (1400 posts) -

The announcement is about the vita price drop

#28 Posted by PCgameruk (1785 posts) -

The announcement is about the vita price drop

louisfoxton
Sony already said it getting a price cut in 2013 so it won't be that.
#29 Posted by C_Rule (9816 posts) -
inb4VitaSlim
#30 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I'm hoping the new console will be something innovative rather than being the traditional console upgrade.
#31 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

I'm hoping the new console will be something innovative rather than being the traditional console upgrade.Haziqonfire
PS2/PS3 weren't just traditional console upgrades.

#32 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I'm hoping the new console will be something innovative rather than being the traditional console upgrade.whiskeystrike

They follow the same general improvement over the years, increasing hardware power. That's fine and dandy but the significance of consoles has diminished over the years. First party titles can only do so much, there has to be some competitive differentiator. If Microsoft and Sony have that and it looks impressive, I'll be on board. If not, I'm going to build my own PC since in the long run it pays off as a better investment, with Steam sales being as great as they are.
#33 Posted by j_assassin (1008 posts) -
I hope its not ps4... Ps3's got so much stuff left going on, unless ps4 is backward compatible
#34 Posted by Drasonak (1515 posts) -
Media Molecule released LittleBigPlanet 2 in January 2011. They are known to be working on Tearaway right now Guerilla Games released Killzone 3 in February 2011. They expanded and have a new team based somewhere else working on the new Killzone Vita game, but it should have little, if any, impact on their next console release. Evolution Studios released Motorstorm: Apocalypse in May 2011. Motorostorm RC came out in January 2012, but that was a small PSN title. Insomniac released Infamous 2 in June 2011. They also had Infamous: Festival of Blood in October 2011, but that was a small PSN title. Naughty Dog's B Team released Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in November 2011. The Last of Us is supposed to release in May 2013, but what's the rest of Naughty Dog doing? Usually waiting two years will at least yield an announcement. With not much to hear from these developers other than smaller projects, I think they may be gearing up for the next generation. If not, well, at least we'll get some cool new games from them soon, anyway.
#35 Posted by Drasonak (1515 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I'm hoping the new console will be something innovative rather than being the traditional console upgrade.Haziqonfire

They follow the same general improvement over the years, increasing hardware power. That's fine and dandy but the significance of consoles has diminished over the years. First party titles can only do so much, there has to be some competitive differentiator. If Microsoft and Sony have that and it looks impressive, I'll be on board. If not, I'm going to build my own PC since in the long run it pays off as a better investment, with Steam sales being as great as they are.

PS3 and 360 are all purpose media devices. They have downloadable titles, Netflix, Hulu Plus, apps and other services from their store, an intuitive network system, online browsers, first party wireless controllers, increased number of players in the case of the PS3, can play Blu Rays in the case of the PS3, etc.

Oh, and PS3 can register seven different blu tooth devices. You needed a multitap to play just the few four player games on the PS1 and PS2. Most PS3 games don't go over four players, but there are some with six, namely sports titles.

#36 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

I'm hoping the new console will be something innovative rather than being the traditional console upgrade.Haziqonfire

They will be more or less just upgrades I think, geared more towards home entertainment and motion controls than they are now.

#37 Posted by BigBoss255 (3539 posts) -
It has to be PS4. Sony wouldn't cram 3 huge games into the first half of 2013 for no reason. I wonder if MGS GZ will come out before November.
#38 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

their going to get aquired by samsung :lol:

#39 Posted by spike6958 (6625 posts) -
I'm hoping/expecting PS4 annoucment. That way the E3 show can focus on showing off the new games, and just what the new system can do.
#40 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

I'm hoping/expecting PS4 annoucment. That way the E3 show can focus on showing off the new games, and just what the computer pretending to be the new system can do.spike6958
fixed for accuracy b/c consolites are blind

#41 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

PS3 and 360 are all purpose media devices. They have downloadable titles, Netflix, Hulu Plus, apps and other services from their store, an intuitive network system, online browsers, first party wireless controllers, increased number of players in the case of the PS3, can play Blu Rays in the case of the PS3, etc.

Oh, and PS3 can register seven different blu tooth devices. You needed a multitap to play just the few four player games on the PS1 and PS2. Most PS3 games don't go over four players, but there are some with six, namely sports titles.

Drasonak

That stuff is neat but not really important for video games in general. It's great if you want an all-in-one multimedia device, but I'm more concerned about how they'll bring about innovative changes to the gaming space.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
#43 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Dino Crisis 4.

#44 Posted by PressXtoJump (1484 posts) -
anyone know if 360 is getting any big announcements :lol: day 1
#45 Posted by joel_c17 (3206 posts) -
Dont get your hopes up people
#46 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]anyone know if 360 is getting any big announcements :lol: day 1

Xbox Live yearly fee increased to $70.00
#47 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
ps4 sony, god dammit!!
#48 Posted by mariokart64fan (20547 posts) -

i can actually think of one thing sony may be announcing and it is not ps4 , im betting psvita 2000 /vita 2.0 w/e

or more wonderbook stuff!

#49 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Lems=owned
#50 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
We're looking at two options here: either Sony will announce the PS4 on May 8, 2013 or the startup screen for TLoU will announce the PS4. :cool: