Major advantages already obvious in XBOX ONE

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

I can use the XBOX ONE as my main media hub and that's especially great with the voice and gesture controls. The cable box can even run through it. XBOX ONE has HDMI-IN which PS4 does not. So it will be my main device for movies and music. For now, XBOX ONE will be my main gaming device as well until PS4 gets some better exclusive games.

PS4 has.....umm......well......potential for good exclusive games in the future.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Great, so Xbox is finally doing what PC has for years.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Correct me if i am wrong but you say you take Xbox one as gaming platform because you can connect tv-cable-box and other devices?

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@menes777: yeah ok try harder hemit

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@menes777: ya and ps4 still can't

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I'll take 1080p and a 50% more powerful gpu any day over this crap tv/media features.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thunder7151

@aroxx_ab said:

Correct me if i am wrong but you say you take Xbox one as gaming platform because you can connect tv-cable-box and other devices?

You need to think beyond the box. It's not the 1990's anymore. Multifunctional capabilities is where it's at!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Both consoles are lacking the ability to stream video,which is the only multi media future I use.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thunder7151

@ShepardCommandr said:

I'll take 1080p and a 50% more powerful gpu any day over this crap tv/media features.

If you think the PS4 is more powerful, then explain why XBOX ONE has exclusive games with better graphics (e.g. Ryse, Quantum Break).

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Is that it?

Carbon_Le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Carbon_Le
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts

@Thunder7151: lol. Hahaha. Because theyre not even 1080p and run at 12fps.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

If Kinect worked anywhere near as well as Microsoft's marketing team wants you to believe it does then the Xbox One really would be one of the best consumer electronic devices out there. Unfortunately, Kinect doesnt work that well. Glass tables render it useless. Hand gestures dont always pick up. Voice commands can go unheard. When something is trying to be all in one these little mistakes, even if only 10% of the time they happen, are too much.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The XO is a better all-in-one machine than the PS4, correct.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

Remember when people wanted their game consoles to play games? I do... I still want that. Who cares about cable features and things like that? TV sucks 99% of the time anyways. Here in a couple yeas when SONY as all the exclusives anyone cares about just keep talking about how you watch Golden Girls on your Xbox One.

When I get an X1 I will get a few exclusives and MIGHT hook it up in my bedroom or somewhere in the house I don't have a better cable box or DVR already... However, like I said, I am not looking for a MEDIA HUB... I want a game console that plays games. That is all it needs to do... well playing DVD's would have been nice, but I can deal with Blu Ray play only, even if I'm not too happy about it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I'll take 1080p games with better frame rates thanks.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

I'll take 1080p games with better frame rates thanks.

I have agree with you haz, all the tv "features" mean shit to me when I already have them and then you're forced to use kinect which is an anathema. I'll take the increase in performance every time I think.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Which modern flatscreen does'nt at least have four HDMI inputs?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

If you think the PS4 is more powerful, then explain why XBOX ONE has exclusive games with better graphics (e.g. Ryse, Quantum Break).

What do you mean "if you think the PS4 is more powerful;" it literally is regardless of what you want to think.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

Or a receiver

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

I know right, Lems are really exited about a single HDMI input on their Xbone.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Hell, my android phone has voice, gesture, and touch controls and can wirelessly mirror shit or push things to chromecast. And it plays games and has wireless charging. My phone> X1

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@menes777 said:

Hhhhmm..my PC doesn't do gesture control or connect to my cable box. Honestly don't know anyone with a PC who has those features.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By menes777

@Phazevariance said:

@menes777: ya and ps4 still can't

That's good because I don't have one.

@blackace said:

@menes777 said:

Hhhhmm..my PC doesn't do gesture control or connect to my cable box. Honestly don't know anyone with a PC who has those features.

I guess you missed where those people had a modded Kinect setup to control their PC to do just about anything (not just gaming). PC's also have TV cards that can actually replace the cable box. Both of those have been available that way for years.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 menes777

@XBOunity said:

@menes777: yeah ok try harder hemit

Consoles are almost always catching up to what PC has done, sorry just a fact of life. It's ok though you can still enjoy it even if it's not new.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I'll take a direct focused box with the other junk added in when necessary to a box with a jack of all trades and master of none vision. The Kinect and the TV aspects(HDMIn) are concessions for the consumer for having the weaker hardware out of the two heavy hitters.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

all that hate for what? Just go buy the damn thing and stop all this hating its quality dont knock quality because you in love with others

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

You need to think beyond the box. It's not the 1990's anymore. Multifunctional capabilities is where it's at!!

I have a cable-tv decoder in my HDtv so you mean it is better to get TWO external boxes just to watch tv? oh yeah that sounds great...or not.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

The TV feature is kinda useless. It doesn't add anything.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Can it stream MKV movies? because so far the only thing that can do that, out of all the devices I own is the my PS3. I've tried it with my 360, but it only plays the videos about 10% of the time, and when they do, they lag.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

We saw from the very first reveal that the focus of the xbone was NOT going to be on gaming but on TV/snap shot features. That should already be inexcusable. This is gaming...But now, the thing that has become even more apparent is that:

-Your TV does TV better then the xbone.

-Your PC multi-tasks and "snaps" better then xbone can.

-And of course the PS4 does gaming WAY BETTER then the xbone ever can (what matters the most)

Etc etc

The xbone is marketed as the "all in one," YET it does not do any one thing better then the competition in each field already does.

Every one has a TV and every one has a laptop or smart phone which do multi-media features better too, so again, there is no point to the xbone

And still we have yet to even adress the many other big problems the xbone has:

-The fact the xbone is 100$ more expensive then a PS4 while offering 50% weaker hardware/specs then a PS4

Xbone is under-powered and over-priced...Soo you cant even say that the xbone is just an incremental upgrade in prettier graphics, because its worse then that

-There is also the fact the xbone UI is a slow, cluttered, unresponsive mess...Install times are horrendous on the xbone too....

-The Kinect terms of agreement states that Microsoft has the right to gather any info it wants from you with Kinect and do what ever they pleaae with it....they confirm themsefles its a spy cam...considering Microsoft is in bed with the NSA...gee I wonder whats going to happen...but they claim it will be for "marketing purposes" suure

-The fact Microsoft has already tried to butcher consumer rights with their always online/xbone DRM schemes....they were forced to stop at the last second due to fear of losing more and more pre-order sales....but the plans are still there in place...whats to stop Microsoft from trying again...they want to bring it all back....just listen to their PR

And I could keep going on and on but I dont want to drag this post out

I just dont see how anyone rational can think something like the xbone is ok for gaming or for consumers...

After spending some time with the xbone at my cousins house, there is a strong sense that there is no purpose, rhyme or reason to the xbone or any of its features.

Xbone TV or snapshot features add nothing of value to gaming....they only serve as a distraction...I want to game not watch TV on a small window to the side...or have to bother with snapping useless features to the side when all I want to do is game...

Where as innovative patented PS4 share features are centered around GAMING and add to the value of GAMING...

I know its not just me, it really does feel like the xbone is a sleazy cash-in, uninspired machine with most its features tacked on or hidden behind xbox live pay wall fees. SO I.e xbone is also very anti-consumer...

Im just gald i've made the decision to never get an xbone. All I will ever need is my PS4. Its cheaper, more powerful, keeps the focus on gaming, and does gaming better then anything else out there...and of course for those awesome Playstation exclusives!!!!

Thankfully the xbone is getting slaughtered by the PS4 in sales, thats how competition works...but it is still dissappointing that a product like the xbone is not out right failing....because it opens the flood gates for products like the xbone to be accepted...for Microsoft's anti-consuner practices to be accepted etc....for the sake of competition and for the sake of the consumer the xbone needs to fail miserably....we need to make a stand and send the correct message.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@beefkebob said:

We saw from the very first reveal that the focus of the xbone was NOT going to be on gaming but on TV/snap shot features. That should already be inexcusable. This is gaming...But now, the thing that has become even more apparent is that:

-And of course the PS4 does gaming WAY BETTER then the xbone ever can (what matters the most)

Etc etc

The xbone is marketed as the "all in one," YET it does not do any one thing better then the competition in each field already does.

Every one has a TV and every one has a laptop or smart phone which do multi-media features better too, so again, there is no point to the xbone

-The fact the xbone is 100$ more expensive then a PS4 while offering 50% weaker hardware/specs then a PS4

Xbone is under-powered and over-priced...Soo you cant even say that the xbone is just an incremental upgrade in prettier graphics, because its worse then that

-There is also the fact the xbone UI is a slow, cluttered, unresponsive mess...Install times are horrendous on the xbone too....

-The Kinect terms of agreement states that Microsoft has the right to gather any info it wants from you with Kinect and do what ever they pleaae with it....they confirm themsefles its a spy cam...considering Microsoft is in bed with the NSA...gee I wonder whats going to happen...but they claim it will be for "marketing purposes" suure

-The fact Microsoft has already tried to butcher consumer rights with their always online/xbone DRM schemes....they were forced to stop at the last second due to fear of losing more and more pre-order sales....but the plans are still there in place...whats to stop Microsoft from trying again...they want to bring it all back....just listen to their PR

And I could keep going on and on but I dont want to drag this thread out

I just dont see how anyone rational can think something like the xbone is ok for gaming or for consumers...

After spending some time with the xbone at my cousins house, there is a strong sense that there is no purpose, rhyme or reason to the xbone or any of its features.

Xbone TV or snapshot features add nothing of value to gaming....they only serve as a distraction...I want to game not watch TV on a small window to the side...or have to bother with snapping useless features to the side when all I want to do is game...

Where as innovative patented PS4 share features are centered around GAMING and add to the value of GAMING...

I know its not just me, it really does feel like the xbone is a sleazy cash-in, uninspired machine with most its features tacked on or hidden behind xbox live pay wall fees. SO I.e xbone is also very anti-consumer...

Im just gald i've made the decision to never get an xbone. All I will ever need is my PS4. Its cheaper, more powerful, keeps the focus on gaming, and does gaming better then anything else out there...and of course for those awesome Playstation exclusives!!!!

Thankfully the xbone is getting slaughtered by the PS4 in sales, thats how competition works...but it is still dissappointing that a product like the xbone is not out right failing....because it opens the flood gates for products like the xbone to be accepted...for Microsoft's anti-consuner practices to be accepted etc....for the sake of competition and for the sake of the consumer the xbone needs to fail miserably....we need to make a stand and send the correct message.

tl;dr

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@beefkebob said:

Etc etc

And I could keep going on and on but I dont want to drag this thread out

Bro-fists post.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

"XBOX, TURN ON 1080p"

/PS4 starts booting up

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

I unhooked my direct tv from my xbone because it sucks. Makes the picture quality look funny, and the voice control for it is horrible. Not to mention the xbox has to be on at all times when I was using it.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I'm kind of finding hard to believe someone actually owning X1 and believes its media features along with Kinect 2.0 is anything but a disaster.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Whoa wait a minute, X1 doesn't play DVD's only BR??

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Who gives a damn about a media hub? Multplats running BETTER ON PS4. Sony will likely win the exclusive battle again with more 1st and 3rd party support. Its going to sell more. PS4 is the superior gaming machine. Really no argument.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

the cable integration really depends on the user, if I want to watch TV until I see my friends are online so I can hit them up right away to do some online multiplayer than the TV integration is a great feature

I'm kind of curious about using Skype with multiple friends with their faces in the snap bar while playing online together whether that makes it kind of better or if just having them in party chat is good enough

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That's going to be a huge selling point of the device. It's what Sony was trying to achieve with the PS3, but like everything they do, they did it halfheartedly and ended up just concentrating on games (not that this was necessarily bad). In the sales war, the Bone is likely going to be the champion, by a fair bit, solely due to MS's investment in advertising (they are sponsoring ads on Howard Stern's radio shows now, and he has roughly 1.25 million listeners every show) and concentrating on "media hub" features.

I don't really want one. Nor do I want a PS4. I'm looking at gaming consoles for the games, and the only one that interests me currently is the Wii U.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@Bren128 said:

Who gives a damn about a media hub?

A fairly large portion of the casual media-consumption market. People who aren't gamers are talking about the Bone because of it's ability to switch between games, movies, streaming services and their cable television box just by talking to it. That's huge, and MS are playing it up like nothing else. This is going to be a tough road for Sony if all they concentrate on is games. Console gaming has been on the decline over the past several years and mobile and PC gaming (both casual and core) are talking off.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

The major advantage for the X1 for me is Halo when it comes out. This TV stuff is worthless to me as I play games in a room dedicated to gaming and movies, there is no standard TV cable box in that room.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

A decent PC owns both of these boxes. It's overwhelming how many features I have access too.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Hey buddy, close your curtains, your idiocy is showing!! The Xbox One is an inferior gaming machine and everyone knows it! This is not even a discussion anymore! The XBOX ONE is an entertainment hub that happens to also play games. The PS4 is a dedicated, juggernaught gaming console that also has multimedia features but they don't eat system memory or power.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MonsieurX

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Hey buddy, close your curtains, your idiocy is showing!! The Xbox One is an inferior gaming machine and everyone knows it! This is not even a discussion anymore! The XBOX ONE is an entertainment hub that happens to also play games. The PS4 is a dedicated, juggernaught gaming console that also has multimedia features but they don't eat system memory or power.

PS4 has multimedia features? News to me

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

PS4 will have most of the same media features as the xbone patched in eventually - just not the tv stuff.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

PS4 will release 1 software update and suddenly the XBone "features" aren't going to matter. Microsoft is trying way too hard to do everything at once and will get stretched too thin.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonsieurX

@-Rhett81- said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

PS4 will release 1 software update and suddenly the XBone "features" aren't going to matter. Microsoft is trying way too hard to do everything at once and will get stretched too thin.

All hail the wait-station

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

People still watch Cable? Must be the same type of people who buy Xbox's...

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@MonsieurX: it's ShottyMcNad. Amature turncoat who knows nothing. Nothing.