MAG online better than MW online

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for illegalimigrant
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 illegalimigrant
Member since 2008 • 1402 Posts

Seriously its not even comparable. MW online game end quickly or in the middle of a match because of poor connections. In my time playing MAG this did not happened. I decided to play MW1 while I wait for the MAG to come out and I could not stand these issues and wondered how did I ever even find it bareable. Seriously all online games need dedicated servers.

Oh and don't forget the lag so much lag. MAG has no lag.

And this is not even an argument. Only the biggest fanboys would say otherwise. Dedicated server is so much better than P2P its not even a question.

Wheter you like MW better than MAG you can argue but you cannot argue dedicated servers vs P2P.

dedicated servers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>P2P

Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

Wow. :lol:

And no.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

I get no lag in MW2 and I can count on one hand how many times it did a host migrate. Everyone I know that played Mag said the game is lame. Wait for the reviews.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

MAG is an Online only game.

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 illegalimigrant
[QUOTE="Jamex1987"]I get no lag in MW2 and I can count on one hand how many times it did a host migrate. Everyone I know that played Mag said the game is lame. Wait for the reviews.

And no.

Well I don't get why. MAG is not for the casual gamer so I can understand. In this game if you don't work as a group you get owned quickly.
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 illegalimigrant

And no.

EndorphinMaster

How can you even argue against dedicated servers when compared to P2P.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Dedicated is always better regardless if the user with p2p gaming ran well and never lagged. I thought Mag beta was cool, but I'll wait for reviews.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

the best thing about MAG is the bigger team and dedicated servers, each game has its own goods and bads, i enjoyed the beta and going to get the game but not first day

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
lol, I've played both and your argument makes no sense.
Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Modern_Unit
Member since 2010 • 1511 Posts

With the crappy animations and last gen GRAFIX!11!! its bounds for no more than an 8.5

mixmax5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mixmax5
Member since 2006 • 2347 Posts

Haven't played MAG but MW definitely isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 illegalimigrant
lol, I've played both and your argument makes no sense. rolo107
LOL no you haven't lol.
brumley53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brumley53
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

MAG is better because it isnt based entirely on DUR DUR close quarters spraying and praying.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I do enjoy the persistence of MAG and how it actually feels like it has a global impact within your faction. Other then that, I'll play both and enjoy both. MAG is awesome though just based on the open beta. I'd expect nothing less from Zipper.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

With the crappy animations and last gen GRAFIX!11!! its bounds for no more than an 8.5

Modern_Unit
so a game gets high score because of graphics?
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 illegalimigrant

Haven't played MAG but MW definitely isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

mixmax5
Dude don't get me wrong I used to play it for a long time. I got 3 prestige modes and only stopped because I liked the emblem. I could handle the constant hosts with bad connection that would end the round or the quitters that would cause the round to end or even the host with crazy connections as to have an incredible advantage against everyone. However like I said after playing MAG beta I'm really hyped for this game. Played MW for about 20 minutes. 4 matches did not even get through 1. 2 disconnected before when the match began and the other 2 in the middle of it. Seriously with all the money they make off of MW you would think they could afford dedicated servers. Instead they just screw the customer.
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 illegalimigrant
[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

Arctic_Grillz

Apparently they do. Look at the game of the year it had the best graphics. Oh no wait the graphics were just mediocre.
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 illegalimigrant

[QUOTE="Modern_Unit"]

Arctic_Grillz

Apparently they do. Look at the game of the year it had the best graphics. Oh no wait the graphics were just mediocre. Demons souls is a great game but the graphics are meh!

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
sorry, mag sucks, /threadmtradr43
MAG is great. You dont like it either because you did not play the beta or dont like online shooters. I dont see how anyone can like MW2 online but not MAG. Dedicated severs are always better the P2P TC. There is no argument on that its a fact.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Battlefield Bad Company 2 takes both of them out as garbage
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 illegalimigrant
Battlefield Bad Company 2 takes both of them out as garbage 93soccer
I agree with you that battlefield Bad Company 2 is better than MW in every way and in terms of gameplay its better than MAG. But its only 24 players. WTF is that! Its a battlefield game it should at least be 64. But the way I look at it is MAG = battlefield 2.5 and Bad Company 2 = Battlefield 3 prologue.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Anyone who says they haven't experienced lag or many host-migrations on the PC is flat-out lying.

To this day they still haven't resolved even half the issues.

So there is no question. Dedicated servers own P2P. MAG's online play will be much better than MW2's.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

MAG is an Online only game.

LegatoSkyheart
Seems like a lot of MW2 owners play MW2 exclusively for the online.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

No lag in MAG, pfft.

I play games on dedicated and I still lag, especially when tons of zombies start to populate the screen. What would 100+ do to me? oh, well, I'd lag, even more.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

And no.

EndorphinMaster

on a technical level, MAG isn't better than MW2 online infrastructure, it completely DESTROYS it

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HavocV3

[QUOTE="93soccer"]Battlefield Bad Company 2 takes both of them out as garbage illegalimigrant
I agree with you that battlefield Bad Company 2 is better than MW in every way and in terms of gameplay its better than MAG. But its only 24 players. WTF is that! Its a battlefield game it should at least be 64. But the way I look at it is MAG = battlefield 2.5 and Bad Company 2 = Battlefield 3 prologue.

because BC2 actually has destructible environments? and good graphics and good animations?

Why do you think MAG has 2nd rate graphics and little destruction, to cut back on the inevitable lag....

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HavocV3

[QUOTE="EndorphinMaster"]

And no.

ermacness

on a technical level, MAG isn't better than MW2 online infrastructure, it completely DESTROYS it

Then Planetside must be 1.5x better. and that's from 2003.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Too add to the "no lag in MAG" comments. There was lag when I played. Rubberbanding (the most frustrating kind imo) and freezing for a few seconds at a time. It happened every few matches. And no, it wasn't my connection because squad mates would also remark about lag spikes. It wasn't lag that lasted entire matches, just for short bursts, but it was still there.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

[QUOTE="ermacness"]

And no.

HavocV3

Then Planetside must be 1.5x better. and that's from 2003.

didn't planet side require a monthly subscription? If not, and it have more player online than MAG and runs better, then yeah it is, on a technical online infrastructure level, superior:)

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 illegalimigrant
[QUOTE="cametall"]Too add to the "no lag in MAG" comments. There was lag when I played. Rubberbanding (the most frustrating kind imo) and freezing for a few seconds at a time. It happened every few matches. And no, it wasn't my connection because squad mates would also remark about lag spikes. It wasn't lag that lasted entire matches, just for short bursts, but it was still there.

Yeah but that was in the beta. The beta was to resolve those issues before the game came out. The rubber band lag seemed to happen to everyone so its not like you died because of it and it only happened like once out of 5, 20 minute games for about 3 seconds. Not bad for a beta. But ignoring that exception there was not lag.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"][QUOTE="93soccer"]Battlefield Bad Company 2 takes both of them out as garbage HavocV3

because BC2 actually has destructible environments? and good graphics and good animations?

Why do you think MAG has 2nd rate graphics and little destruction, to cut back on the inevitable lag....

MAG looks amazing for whats it doing 256 players all with each having custom clothing and huge maps in HD and not a jag fest like BC2.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HavocV3

[QUOTE="cametall"]Too add to the "no lag in MAG" comments. There was lag when I played. Rubberbanding (the most frustrating kind imo) and freezing for a few seconds at a time. It happened every few matches. And no, it wasn't my connection because squad mates would also remark about lag spikes. It wasn't lag that lasted entire matches, just for short bursts, but it was still there.illegalimigrant
Yeah but that was in the beta. The beta was to resolve those issues before the game came out. The rubber band lag seemed to happen to everyone so its not like you died because of it and it only happened like once out of 5, 20 minute games for about 3 seconds. Not bad for a beta. But ignoring that exception there was not lag.

no lag is impossible, especially if you live far far away from the dedicated server. Extra hops through each router and switch adds some small fractions of a second and increases chances of packet loss.

the only thing I can think they are doing is using a high-speed, high-power server, that compresses it in some way and then forwards the information around to reduce lag significantly at best. If it's getting compressed, then there's another reason for poor graphical detail.

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 illegalimigrant

[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"][QUOTE="93soccer"]Battlefield Bad Company 2 takes both of them out as garbage HavocV3

Good graphics don't make a good game. Destructible environments make battlefield BC 2 work as well as improvements from the first game. But anyone that has played BF2 and BFBC2 will know that they are two different games. One is small based warfare and the other is massive warfare. Same comparison with MAG and BFBC2. One is also more tactical and strategic (MAG) while the other is not as much(BFBC2). Both fun regardless but I really like the MAG communication structure and unless you are in a game with brand new players you really have a lot of cordination. If not you can always kick those people that are not being team players.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HavocV3

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"] I agree with you that battlefield Bad Company 2 is better than MW in every way and in terms of gameplay its better than MAG. But its only 24 players. WTF is that! Its a battlefield game it should at least be 64. But the way I look at it is MAG = battlefield 2.5 and Bad Company 2 = Battlefield 3 prologue.killzowned24

MAG looks amazing for whats it doing 256 players all with each having custom clothing and huge maps in HD and not a jag fest like BC2.

And BC2 looks amazing for huge maps, destruction despite 24 players. If you tried 256 players with BC2, you'd have that jag fest.

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 illegalimigrant

[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"][QUOTE="cametall"]Too add to the "no lag in MAG" comments. There was lag when I played. Rubberbanding (the most frustrating kind imo) and freezing for a few seconds at a time. It happened every few matches. And no, it wasn't my connection because squad mates would also remark about lag spikes. It wasn't lag that lasted entire matches, just for short bursts, but it was still there.HavocV3

no lag is impossible, especially if you live far far away from the dedicated server. Extra hops through each router and switch adds some small fractions of a second and increases chances of packet loss.

the only thing I can think they are doing is using a high-speed, high-power server, that compresses it in some way and then forwards the information around to reduce lag significantly at best. If it's getting compressed, then there's another reason for poor graphical detail.

Everything has lag if you want to be scientific even if the computers were linked through LAN it would still have some lag(Although not noticeable) And in MAG the lag is also not noticeable. To put in a different way less lag than any other game I played including all the battlefield games (1942, Vitenam, 2, 2142, BFBC1 and BFBC2, all the call of duties etc.)
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HavocV3

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"] I agree with you that battlefield Bad Company 2 is better than MW in every way and in terms of gameplay its better than MAG. But its only 24 players. WTF is that! Its a battlefield game it should at least be 64. But the way I look at it is MAG = battlefield 2.5 and Bad Company 2 = Battlefield 3 prologue.illegalimigrant

Good graphics don't make a good game. Destructible environments make battlefield BC 2 work as well as improvements from the first game. But anyone that has played BF2 and BFBC2 will know that they are two different games. One is small based warfare and the other is massive warfare. Same comparison with MAG and BFBC2. One is also more tactical and strategic (MAG) while the other is not as much(BFBC2). Both fun regardless but I really like the MAG communication structure and unless you are in a game with brand new players you really have a lot of cordination. If not you can always kick those people that are not being team players.

"good graphics don't make a good game"

I'm pretty sure I saw a number of your posts today that would contradict that statement.

And I agree with that statement either way, but I'm only outlining the reasons to why the graphics are bad and trying to understand your claims that a game with 256 players can be 'lag free'. Because it's impossible.

They still need to make a better effort on animations, but regardless, my interest lies with BC2 solely on the destruction, which can be use for strategy: putting a hole in a 2nd story building and using it as a sniping post, would be a good example.

MAG team coordination feels wrong, they SHOULD be bundling this game with a MIC like Socom was. It is an online only game, so why not?

edit: and BC2 needs improvement to controls, MW2's pinnacle feature would be a superior control layout.

I mean, really, left trigger to accelerate? fail.

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 illegalimigrant

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

HavocV3

And BC2 looks amazing for huge maps, destruction despite 24 players. If you tried 256 players with BC2, you'd have that jag fest.

Each game has its advantage and dissadvantage. Does not mean any game is better than the other. I would love to see a game that takes the best of MAG and Battlefield Bad Company. Different factions, 256 players in destructable environments.
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

dedicated servers are only great when they are runned by gamers, admins ftw

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

HavocV3

But BC2 doesnt really look that much better to say 2nd rate graphics.

ThisIsTheEnd21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ThisIsTheEnd21
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="cametall"]Too add to the "no lag in MAG" comments. There was lag when I played. Rubberbanding (the most frustrating kind imo) and freezing for a few seconds at a time. It happened every few matches. And no, it wasn't my connection because squad mates would also remark about lag spikes. It wasn't lag that lasted entire matches, just for short bursts, but it was still there.

It's called a beta expect the full retail game to run smoothly and i doubt you have played it.
Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts

Seriously its not even comparable. MW online game end quickly or in the middle of a match because of poor connections. In my time playing MAG this did not happened. I decided to play MW1 while I wait for the MAG to come out and I could not stand these issues and wondered how did I ever even find it bareable. Seriously all online games need dedicated servers.

Oh and don't forget the lag so much lag. MAG has no lag.

And this is not even an argument. Only the biggest fanboys would say otherwise.

dedicated servers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>P2P

illegalimigrant
Stopped reading there.
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 illegalimigrant

[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"][QUOTE="HavocV3"]

HavocV3

"good graphics don't make a good game"

I'm pretty sure I saw a number of your posts today that would contradict that statement.

And I agree with that statement either way, but I'm only outlining the reasons to why the graphics are bad and trying to understand your claims that a game with 256 players can be 'lag free'. Because it's impossible.

They still need to make a better effort on animations, but regardless, my interest lies with BC2 solely on the destruction, which can be use for strategy: putting a hole in a 2nd story building and using it as a sniping post, would be a good example.

MAG team coordination feels wrong, they SHOULD be bundling this game with a MIC like Socom was. It is an online only game, so why not?

edit: and BC2 needs improvement to controls, MW2's pinnacle feature would be a superior control layout.

I mean, really, left trigger to accelerate? fail.

I like both games. However I like MAG's team based gameplay better than what BFBC2 offers. I will buy both but I like MAG better than BFBC IMO. I could understand how people can have the opposite opinion. I like that in MAG with experienced players everyone takes the role they are supposed to. If you are in a squad as the squad leader you can expect your grunts to follow your orders. If you do a bad job they might try and kick you. And if someone is not a team player just kick him. Overall people follow orders. Go where you tell them to and do what you tell them to. Although this experience was from the MAG IGN tournament which would only include mostly experienced players. But over time I expect all players to follow orders like that. It becomes very fun once people start communicating. And for the lag free part as I said as long as I don't notice it there is no lag for me. This was true in the 256 player matches.
Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

And no.

illegalimigrant

MW2 does not use P2P. At least have some understanding on what you are talking about.
walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts

.... Even as much as I hate on MW2 and didn't really like it its 1000 times better than that crap mag.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#46 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

No [/thread]

illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 illegalimigrant
[QUOTE="illegalimigrant"]

And no.

Jamex1987

MW2 does not use P2P. At least have some understanding on what you are talking about.

I think you might not know what you are talking about. Wikipedia Another new feature is the in-game host migration; if a match host leaves the game, the current game no longer ends (as is the case in Call of Duty 4), as a 'host migration delay' allows a new host to be selected and the game to continue on.[24][25] There is also the addition of an optional third person mode which can be used in certain game types.
illegalimigrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 illegalimigrant

.... Even as much as I hate on MW2 and didn't really like it its 1000 times better than that crap mag.

walkerctranger
Really at least point out some reasons as to why. This is System wars and full of fanboys so just giving vague statements do make you look like one.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#49 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="Jamex1987"]I get no lag in MW2 and I can count on one hand how many times it did a host migrate. Everyone I know that played Mag said the game is lame. Wait for the reviews.

And no.

illegalimigrant

Well I don't get why. MAG is not for the casual gamer so I can understand. In this game if you don't work as a group you get owned quickly.

MAG is PS3 exclusive, it's for the casual gamer. If on the PC perhaps you could make the argument.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

I have to say TC you have no clue what your talking about. MAG has been great in the BETAs so far and i will be picking it up tuesday, and i personally like it better then MW2, but MW2 is still an excellent game. Ironically today is the day ive had the most problems with the online, it seems like every game i went it was laggy or got dropped, idk whats up with that.