Machinegames want to make Quake 1 Reboot

#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

Source

"I can’t answer for the team, but I personally could only second what Jerk wrote earlier, Quake would be a killer IP to be part of," added Axel Torvenius, art director at MachineGames.

Please bethesda and please id software. donot let these fools to touch quake. Quake is like Doom. old school fast paced FPS with no cinematics and machinegames emphasize more and more of cutscenes and cinematics.

Id software should do Quake 1 reboot after they done with Doom Eternal.

#2 Posted by npiet1 (2528 posts) -

I do love the machine gun games version of Wolfenstein, even though they are missing a lot of the occult stuff. However they shouldn't do quake unless Id couldn't do it for a very good reason. I agree with TC it should be done by ID but if id can't, I'm glad machine gun games are doing it and not someone else completely.

#3 Posted by jeezers (3287 posts) -

I like machine games , the guns felt great in the new wolfenstien. Id play it. I just want good arena MP though, gotta get the speed right

#4 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16171 posts) -

Quake 1 was already remade as Deathmatch Classic. It sucked.

Can't mess with the Quake 1 audio/SFX. They're perfection.

#5 Posted by Sevenizz (4075 posts) -

I think gaming has moved well beyond these sci-fi run n’ gun shooters. Realism wasn’t possible back then so we went to the unknown, but I think we’re more than served with more realistic videogames of today.

#6 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

I think gaming has moved well beyond these sci-fi run n’ gun shooters. Realism wasn’t possible back then so we went to the unknown, but I think we’re more than served with more realistic videogames of today.

and thats why id software are here to save gaming. from modern cinematic games.

#7 Posted by warmblur (3028 posts) -

I would like to see Machine games make a new F.E.A.R. game I know they don't own the IP but Monolith don't make FPS anymore and WB would fill it with microstransactions.

#8 Posted by uninspiredcup (35074 posts) -

Please don't rape my game.

#9 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: give it back to id software and save quake.

#10 Posted by AcidTango (1704 posts) -

I rather have id Software do Quake and not Machinegames.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#11 Posted by Midnightshade29 (6000 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Hell no. Keep your machine games away from any of the old franchises. And I don't want "woke" Quake. Let ID do it. They are doing right by Doom and keeping it real. Also it's IDs baby. What would be cool is getting Carmack, Ramero, American McGee and the rest of the crew to reunite and make a remake or hell a new Quake game.

#12 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44406 posts) -

OMFG Would love this. The Wolfenstein reboots are some of the best singleplayer FPS games this decade. Would love a story-driven Quake game. Quake IV is a guilty pleasure of mine; love that game, especially when you get "Stroggified"

With all that said, I would rather Quake get the DOOM 2016 treatment by iD than the Wolfenstein treatment from Machine Games. But honestly, either option would be great.

@warmblur said:

I would like to see Machine games make a new F.E.A.R. game I know they don't own the IP but Monolith don't make FPS anymore and WB would fill it with microstransactions.

Oh YAS! PLZ!

@uninspiredcup said:

Please don't rape my game.

Even if it's fulfilling a rape fantasy?

#13 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

Please no. Not my precious Quake. Hope id cares about it enough to not give it to them.

#14 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Please no. Not my precious Quake. Hope id cares about it enough to not give it to them.

It appears that id software only cares about Doom.

they are creator of all 3, Doom, Quake and wolfenstein. they outsourced wolfenstein first to grey matter who did amazing job with RTCW then raven who made mediocre one and then finally machinegames who create worst possible FPS ever.

After Quake 3 they gave Quake to raven software who made boring corridor shooter and now machinegames might pick it up.

dont know why. but Doom is only series they actually care.

#15 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: :(

#16 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

Lol give it a rest Ghosts, you're like a broken record... which is stuck playing the same annoying tune.

Wolfenstein 2 scored higher than Doom, and MachineGames is as good of a developer (if not better) than id. But hey, you keep trying ok :)

#17 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol give it a rest Ghosts, you're like a broken record... which is stuck playing the same annoying tune.

Wolfenstein 2 scored higher than Doom, and MachineGames is as good of a developer (if not better) than id. But hey, you keep trying ok :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/612880/Wolfenstein_II_The_New_Colossus/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/DOOM/

Steam disagree.

and Quake is like Doom brother. cinematic approach may work for wolfenstein but it will kill Quake.

#18 Edited by djoffer (1458 posts) -

Mehh machinegames makes great FPS with deep story in them, as far as I remember( was an unreal fan growing up) quake didn’t even tried to pretend ( like doom did) to have a story?? And pretty sure the time for arena MP games is over...

Why not give them Hexen to reboot, that would be more up their alley imo.

#19 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

Machine Games also made Riddick: EFBB. What happened to them!

#20 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Machine Games also made Riddick: EFBB. What happened to them!

yeah. and that game was a masterpiece.

quality difference between Riddick EFBB and wolfenstein 2 is unbelievable.

#21 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Go look up Metacritic or Game Rankings :)

#22 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@ghosts4ever: Go look up Metacritic or Game Rankings :)

metacritic has professional reviewers who are paid.

look at user review difference between wolf 2 and Doom. Wolf 2 is among the worst FPS i have ever ever played.

#23 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6901 posts) -

What a great news

#24 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@Litchie said:

and id software in the end also outsource Rage to avalanche. it make sense because rage was not receiving much. although id version of Rage 2 was in development after Rage 1 but it was cancelled so they can focus on Doom Reboot

https://metro.co.uk/2013/04/04/rage-2-cancelled-as-id-software-restarts-doom-4-3582576/

#25 Edited by xantufrog (11703 posts) -

@djoffer: yeah, Hexen would be a great option

#26 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

and id software in the end also outsource Rage to avalanche. it make sense because rage was not receiving much. although id version of Rage 2 was in development after Rage 1 but it was cancelled so they can focus on Doom Reboot

https://metro.co.uk/2013/04/04/rage-2-cancelled-as-id-software-restarts-doom-4-3582576/

Boooo! I'd love a RAGE 2 from id software. Lazy bastards, they can only work on 1 game? For several years? Hire more people?

#27 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10558 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Boooo! I'd love a RAGE 2 from id software. Lazy bastards, they can only work on 1 game? For several years? Hire more people?

better work on one excellent game than work on bunch of average games at times.

beside it was critical situation of id software. thier first Rage flopped, thier Doom 4 cancelled. so they cancelled Rage 2 and Doom 4 and thus focus on Doom reboot which finally turn out great.

Avalanche Rage 2 happen because avalanche worked on mad max game which is similar. plus Rage is always tim willits dream and i think he is only one in id software who cares about Rage IP. no one in id software care about it.

although after Doom reboot. Rage 2 by id software having serious tone, run on id tech 6 would be great. but unfortunately Doom Eternal would take a back seat and will release even 4 years later.

Doom ip is far more important than Rage ip. so Rage 2 like i said a game to hold us till Doom Eternal will release but it wont worth full price.

#28 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

better work on one excellent game than work on bunch of average games at times.

Absolutely. But I mean.. they can do more. If they didn't work on something for years only to scrap it, they probably could've squeezed in an id developed RAGE 2 between development on DOOM 2016 and Eternal. Really boring if id Software isn't anything but a DOOM factory now. Bring on Quake, id. Eternal is probably almost done. Start development on Quake, if you haven't already.

#29 Posted by iambatman7986 (2808 posts) -

Just let Quake 1 remain a fond memory. Machine Games aren't the right company to make this imo.

#30 Posted by enzyme36 (4274 posts) -

...now with cutscenes

#31 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19282 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Lol ok Ghosts... whatever you say.

#32 Posted by StormyJoe (7799 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I'd be happy with anything Quake, as long as it wasn't just another FPS MP game. I had a lot of fun playing Quake 4...

Hell, I'd be happy with another Quake Wars.

#33 Posted by pyro1245 (5264 posts) -

Quake is still really playable today thanks to how it was programmed.

Probably only a matter of time before someone implements ray tracing into it as well.