M$ needs to drop the price of Xbone at E3 to $299

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Or else they're in big trouble. Even at $100 less than the PS4, it will still struggle but it will keep them from getting completely obliterated every NPD like they have been.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

the deals are working the only reason i picked up my xbone cuz of the 50 dollar price cut

thats all people need to do now a days is cut the price and it grabs consumers attention, i didn't do any research bought it and was disappointed cuz it was cheaper i think that happens to other people too there like oh wow thats cheap ill grab it or whatever

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I would wait till Christmas to go that low, then they can really give Sony a run for their money in America.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arkephonic

It would come off as a desperation move, but desperate times call for desperate measures. If they wanna get back in the running this gen and become more than an after thought, they need to make a big bold move like this and eat the costs.

It would also make PS4 and Wii U better because strong competition is good for all of us. Letting Sony run away with it will allow them to become complacent and they won't have to work as hard.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

They are running it like a business first. Selling something at a loss and panicking, just to appease fanboys is the Sony way of doing things.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By arkephonic
@FoxbatAlpha said:

They are running it like a business first. Selling something at a loss and panicking, just to appease fanboys is the Sony way of doing things.

I hope you realize that not only is Xbone losing market share in NA, but it's twice as bad world wide and WW numbers are what truly matter most. If the damage done is this bad not even 2 years in, imagine what it will be half way through the generation. Xbone is reaching niche console numbers and will quickly become an afterthought. At a certain point, you just need to swallow your pride and do something bold even if it requires eating the costs. As of right now, the upper management at MS Studios are writing the Xbone off as a failure and can't wait for this generation to be over.

First impression is huge and they'll never fully erase that embarrassment of the reveal. It's been blunder after blunder following up like tarnishing the Halo name with MCC, poorly running multiplats, ditching the Kinect, they haven't had any good news yet this gen and they have no one to blame but themselves.

They messed up and they can either forfeit the generation entirely or show a small sign of life this E3 by dropping the price to $299.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Uhh.. A $500 console selling for $350 with two games a year later is the business way of doing things?! I learned something new today.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I bet they announce a new X1 sku with a 1TB HDD bundled with Master Chief Collection for $500. Meanwhile they discontinue the $350 model. Given that Sony is taking a page from Microsoft's book last gen, it would make sense for Microsoft to take one of Sony's pages.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

PS4 would probably still outsell it...lulz

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

No they really don't, just because you don't seem to value this console doesn't mean it doesn't offer a great amount of value and is reasonably priced relative to the competition. On top of this Microsoft has a strong lineup of titles for the holiday season namely Halo 5 so absolutely nothing needs to be done. Especially considering Bloodborne was basically it for the PlayStation 4 for the rest of the year and they have nothing on the table for the holidays, their competition for the holidays is non-existent.

They're behind in sales in relation to the PlayStation 4 but the console is still selling at a higher frequency than the Xbox 360 was so it's still a smash success. You guys need to drop the media buzz surrounding this system and actually look at what is and what is not in reality, it's doing just fine.

The only thing that NEEDS to be done is people like you dropping off this idiotic bandwagon.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 arkephonic

@nyadc:

What's important is how well a product sells relative to its direct competition, not its previously released products. Gaming is more popular now than it was 10 years ago so more people are buying consoles.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NyaDC

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

What's important is how well a product sells relative to its direct competition, not its previously released products. Gaming is more popular now than it was 10 years ago so more people are buying consoles.

Even with that in mind it's still selling very well, it's probably at around 14 million systems moved by now if not more, I wouldn't consider that even remotely a problem.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Or else they're in big trouble. Even at $100 less than the PS4, it will still struggle but it will keep them from getting completely obliterated every NPD like they have been.

Nah, I don´t think so.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@nyadc: Your power of prediction with numbers is quite lacking

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By arkephonic
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Even with that in mind it's still selling very well, it's probably at around 14 million systems moved by now if not more, I wouldn't consider that even remotely a problem.

Not to mention, saying that it sold more than the 360 at this point isn't exactly something to boast about. The PS3 was Sony's biggest commercial failure out of all their home consoles, yet even the PS3 sold more and at a faster rate than the Xbox 360. The 360 was a last place console behind a struggling PS3 and a dominating Wii.

You may not consider the Xbone's commercial success a problem, but when it's getting outsold more than 2:1 by the competition, you had better believe it's a HUGE problem to Microsoft.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NyaDC

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Not to mention, saying that it sold more than the 360 at this point isn't exactly something to boast about. The PS3 was Sony's biggest commercial failure out of all their home consoles, yet even the PS3 sold more and at a faster rate than the Xbox 360. The 360 was a last place console behind a struggling PS3 and a dominating Wii.

You're really doing anything you can right now to downplay this system and its current market standing, aren't you... This is legitimately making me laugh...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@arkephonic: when did the PS3 sell more total?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NyaDC

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic: when did the PS3 sell more total?

It didn't.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 arkephonic
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

You're really doing anything you can right now to downplay this system and its current market standing, aren't you... This is legitimately making me laugh...

Anything I can? The numbers are there for everyone to see. It's getting obliterated by PS4 and lost NA, the one and only market it sold well in. Now it's lost market share and is losing in Europe, Asia AND North America. It's getting slaughtered World Wide. Its current market standing is worse than it was last generation.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NyaDC

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Anything I can? The numbers are there for everyone to see. It's getting obliterated by PS4 and lost NA, the one and only market it sold well in. Now it's lost market share and is losing in Europe, Asia AND North America. It's getting slaughtered World Wide. Its current market standing is worse than it was last generation.

I don't know what planet you hail from but on Earth we don't consider 21.X million > 14 million to be an 'obliteration'...

Ahhh, people love to dramatize things so much...

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Nah.. the "bundle" packs will be more than sufficient for the remainder of the year. Although I wouldn't be surprised if THEY ALL slashed their prices by $50 USD.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By arkephonic
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

I don't know what planet you hail from but on Earth we don't consider 21.X million > 14 million to be an 'obliteration'...

Do you have any sources to back up those numbers? I don't see how Xbone could have closed the gap that much if they're getting vastly outsold every week/month worldwide. It makes no sense. If anything, PS4 would be increasing its lead. PS4 hasn't been outsold by the Xbone for even 1 week worldwide since launch.

Do you realize that PS4 has outsold the Xbone every single week since launch worldwide? Yes or no?

How does the Xbone close the gap when this happens? I'd love to hear it.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

They also need a slim model, because there's no way I'm buying that monstrosity even for Halo 5.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NyaDC

@arkephonic said:

Do you have any sources to back up those numbers? I don't see how Xbone could have closed the gap that much if they're getting vastly outsold every week/month worldwide. It makes no sense. If anything, PS4 would be increasing its lead. PS4 hasn't been outsold by the Xbone for even 1 week worldwide since launch.

Do you realize that PS4 has outsold the Xbone every single week since launch worldwide? Yes or no?

Closed the gap? There's nearly an 8 million unit spread there lol... They celebrated 10 million units sold-in in November before Black Friday and Christmas which means they were probably around 7 million units sold or so, for the holiday quarter they sold-through 6.6 million units total plus the time span up until now so they're probably at the upper 14 million mark nearing 15 million.

@Renegade_Fury said:

They also need a slim model, because there's no way I'm buying that monstrosity even for Halo 5.

It's really not that big, next to the PlayStation 4 they essentially consume the same amount of space....

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 arkephonic
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Closed the gap? There's nearly an 8 million unit spread there lol... They celebrated 10 million units sold-in in November before Black Friday and Christmas which means they were probably around 7 million units sold or so, for the holiday quarter they sold-through 6.6 million units total plus the time span up until now so they're probably at the upper 14 million mark nearing 15 million.

Let me simplify this for you.

Are you aware that PS4 has outsold Xbone every week since launch worldwide by a lot?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NyaDC

@arkephonic said:

Are you aware that PS4 has outsold Xbone every week since launch worldwide by a lot?

Yeah, hence the 8 million unit gap.... Hello, HELLO, can you read?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@nyadc: It's big and ugly as sin, so I'm content waiting until they make one since Halo 5 is the only game I want for it. I'm not huge on the PS4 design either btw if that matters.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By arkephonic
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

Firstly, the numbers you stated, 21 vs 14, is a 7 million unit gap, not 8.

Secondly, the last official numbers posted had PS4 at a 2:1 lead over Xbone, and PS4 has done nothing since then but continue to outsell the Xbone worldwide and by a large margin.

My question to you is, how is it even logical to assume that xbone is all of the sudden only behind by 7 million now?

You're literally making the assumption that Xbone has sold millions upon millions of consoles since then and PS4 has literally not sold 1 single console to anyone for a period of months.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NyaDC
@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

Secondly, the last official numbers posted had PS4 at a 2:1 lead over Xbone, and PS4 has done nothing since then but continue to outsell the Xbone worldwide and by a large margin.

My question to you is, how is it even logical to assume that xbone is all of the sudden only behind by 7 million now?

You know what, I don't really give a shit, either way it's a gap around 7-8 million, who cares man? Like really... It's not in peril, it's not a dud, it's not failing, what is your motivation? What I said are facts, it sold-in 10 million units before the holiday craze in November which put it probably at about 7 million or so sold-through units at the time. For the entire holiday quarter 6.6 million Xbox One's were sold-through, then you factor in the nearly 5 months since that point so it's realistically sitting at the 14 million nearing 15 million mark.

This isn't hard to understand, this isn't something I'm making up, it is what it is. I don't care how it happened, I don't care if it doesn't make sense to you, it is what it fucking is....

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

You know what, I don't really give a shit, either way it's a gap around 7-8 million, who cares man? Like really... It's not in peril, it's not a dud, it's not failing, what is your motivation? What I said are facts, it sold-in 10 million units before the holiday craze in November which put it probably at about 7 million or so sold-through units at the time. For the entire holiday quarter 6.6 million Xbox One's were sold-through, then you factor in the nearly 5 months since that point so it's realistically sitting at the 14 million nearing 15 million mark.

This isn't hard to understand, this isn't something I'm making up, it is what it is. I don't care how it happened, I don't care if it doesn't make sense to you, it is what it fucking is....

I know what you mean. Some people dont like to admit that the PS4 is the current gen 8 console leader nor the fact it's the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 arkephonic

@nyadc:

By closing the gap, I don't mean neck and neck. I mean getting closer and closer to the sales numbers of the PS4. Logic and common sense tells me that it's impossible to close the gap if PS4 continues to outsell the Xbone worldwide every week. I'm gonna say it again, the PS4 has outsold the Xbone for every week since they launched worldwide. It's literally impossible to close the gap at all until the Xbone starts selling more than PS4 worldwide. 1 week would be a start, but it'd need to do it for multiple months before any kind of gap in sales would start to close.

You're trying to use logic to predict what you think the current sales numbers are and I'm just using better logic as a means to tell you why you're wrong.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:
@nyadc said:

@arkephonic said:

Pulling numbers from your ass again? Where the hell did you get 14 million from Xbone from, VGChartz?

Also we don't have updated numbers from PS4 yet so unless you want us to believe that the PS4 has sold 0 units since December you better stop posting that shit. This is the reason why no one takes your posts around here seriously. They are completely devoid of logic.

OP is completely right. Xbone does need a price drop and I'm sure we'll see one before Halo 5 launches. It's not doing well by any standard, it's selling less in its second year while it should be selling more. PS4 is handing the Xbone its ass on a platter right now and everyone can see it but Xbone apologists like you.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NyaDC
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

By closing the gap, I don't mean neck and neck. I mean getting closer and closer to the sales numbers of the PS4. Logic and common sense tells me that it's impossible to close the gap if PS4 continues to outsell the Xbone worldwide every week. I'm gonna say it again, the PS4 has outsold the Xbone for every week since they launched worldwide. It's literally impossible to close the gap at all until the Xbone starts selling more than PS4 worldwide. 1 week would be a start, but it'd need to do it for multiple months before any kind of gap in sales would start to close.

You're trying to use logic to predict what you think the current sales numbers are and I'm just using better logic as a means to tell you why you're wrong.

Who knows what the PlayStation 4 is sitting at right now, last reported was in the 21.X million range. It's probably much higher, it could even be 25 million for all we know, but the point remains. What I posted about the Xbox One numbers are concrete, it sold-through 6,333,572 by beginning of October 2014, it sold-in 10 million units at the beginning of November 2014, it sold-through 6.6 million units for the holiday quarter 2014. With another 5 months tacked on top of that it has no doubt sold-through 14-15 million units...

This is simple, that is what it is... I'm not debating this with you because it's not a debate, get that through your head.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

At this point I'll rather upgrade my video card for the price of XB1 than buy a XB1 itelf since most XB1 games will end up in PC anyway. Games like Forza and Halo most likely will stay as Xbox exclusives, but I'm not a fan of FPS and racing anyway!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By QuadKnight

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Who knows what the PlayStation 4 is sitting at right now, last reported was in the 21.X million range. It's probably much higher, it could even be 25 million for all we know, but the point remains. What I posted about the Xbox One numbers are concrete, it sold-through 6,333,572 by beginning of October 2014, it sold-in 10 million units at the beginning of November 2014, it sold-through 6.6 million units for the holiday quarter 2014. With another 5 months tacked on top of that it has no doubt sold-through 14-15 million units...

This is simple, that is what it is... I'm not debating this with you because it's not a debate, get that through your head.

You use sold-in and sold through like they mean the same thing. This is why your posts are rubbish. No links to back up anything you are saying, just numbers being pulled from your ass.

No wonder you don't want to debate with the OP, because he has completely destroyed you with facts and logic.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

That could always backfire, people could always go "look how desperate MS is, lolgasm", like they pretty much always do.

Then again undercutting Sony on PS4 might have its advantages.

Xbox already pretty much sells at $350 with a game of sorts, be it AC Unity + Black Flag, Halo MCC, or some stores advertise you can pick from a set of games the free game you want. Sony's PS4 is $400 but throws in games too, TLOU seems pretty common. Dropping the price to $300 is kind of like the $350 bundle without the game value attached, which when you think about it isn't that far behind where the PS4 is.

If they do drop it to $300, they're going to need to sweeten the deal. I say throw in a sizable bundle of their console exclusive games since they can pretty much give those away at a lower cost, right? I'd do some kind of promotion where they throw all the first party published games into a bundle, but instead of making bundles, offer games from a pool, like say have a list of games like Halo MCC, Forza 5 or Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Crimson Dragon... sell it on the idea gamers can redeem any 3 titles, which is good because not all bundles give you games you want, here you'd have choices.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NyaDC

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

You use sold-in nd sold through like they mean the same thing. This is why your posts are rubbish. No links to back up anything you are saying, just numbers being pulled from your ass.

No wonder you don't want to debate with the OP, because he has completely destroyed you with facts and logic.

Um no, stop being illiterate...

Sold-in = sold to stores

Sold-through = sold to consumers

My post clearly differentiates them and the numbers posted correspond properly to the sold-in/sold-through figures, goodbye.

Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

i could have swore didnt @nyadc say he doesnt care about sales, but is practically in every sales thread??

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shewgenja

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

You use sold-in nd sold through like they mean the same thing. This is why your posts are rubbish. No links to back up anything you are saying, just numbers being pulled from your ass.

"We sold 1.6 million Xbox consoles during the third quarter of fiscal year 2015 compared with 2.0 million consoles during the third quarter of fiscal year 2014."

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/SegmentResults/S2/FY15/Q3/Performance.aspx and that's combined 360/Bone sales after the price drop. The evidence does not support this conclusion of 14-15 million sell-through by a long shot. Not sure if that sell-through of 6.6M is combined sales or not but if it is, people really need to stop lying to kick it around here.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NyaDC
@GearsOfWarLover said:

i could have swore didnt @nyadc say he doesnt care about sales, but is practically in every sales thread??

I don't care about sales, I care about people getting accurate figures and representations of a products standing in the market, not where their fanboyism and drama decides to place it.

I've spoke my peace, have fun children.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuadKnight

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

"We sold 1.6 million Xbox consoles during the third quarter of fiscal year 2015 compared with 2.0 million consoles during the third quarter of fiscal year 2014."

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/SegmentResults/S2/FY15/Q3/Performance.aspx and that's combined 360/Bone sales after the price drop. The evidence does not support this conclusion of 14-15 million sell-through by a long shot. Not sure if that sell-through of 6.6M is combined sales or not but if it is, people really need to stop lying to kick it around here.

^ ^ This here is the proof that nyadc is pulling numbers from his ass.

Xbone is selling less than it did last year even with Xbone and 360 numbers combined. How embarrassing.

OP is right, they do need a pricedrop badly.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shewgenja

@quadknight said:

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Xbone is selling less than it did last year even with Xbone and 360 numbers combined. How embarrassing.

"We sold 6.6 million Xbox consoles during the second quarter of fiscal year 2015 compared with 7.4 million consoles during the second quarter of fiscal year 2014"

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/SegmentResults/S2/FY15/Q2/Performance.aspx

Loading Video...

But they can't help themselves. Gotta keep the lipstick game on point for that pig.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NyaDC
@quadknight said:

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Uh no, that is 360/One sales combined, 360 unit sales have declined, One sales have increased but not enough to counter-act the decline of the 360.

You might want to actually understand what is being posted.

Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

@nyadc said:
@GearsOfWarLover said:

I don't care about sales, I care about people getting accurate figures and representations of a products standing in the market, not where their fanboyism and drama decides to place it.

I've spoke my peace, have fun children.

No, you only care if someone is trashing Xbox One. Accurate figures and representations?? Dude ur making estimates here nothing is accurate

Have fun children?? Clearly you have little man syndrome where you have to prove yourself the bigger person. You are the equivalent of someone who raises their truck by like 2 feet for i have no idea why

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@nyadc said:
@GearsOfWarLover said:

@quadknight said:

@Shewgenja said:

@quadknight said:

@nyadc said:
@arkephonic said:

@nyadc:

Uh no, that is 360/One sales combined, 360 unit sales have declined, One sales have increased but not enough to counter-act the decline of the 360.

You might want to actually understand what is being posted.

and you know this because you have an uncle that works in MS right?

Bullshit. If anything both consoles have declined in sales. Singling out the 360 to make Xbone look better is rubbish, and even if you were right and only 360 is selling less it means Xbone sales are stagnant and that's not good either way. They should be selling more not being stagnant or selling less.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shewgenja

Facts.

According to MSes quarterly reports up til Q3 2014, the Xbone itself was up to 5.1M units sold-in.

Q4 2014 - combined Xbox sales were at 11.7 sold-in

Q1 2015 - 2.4M combined sold-in

Q2 2015 - 6.6M combined sold-in

Q3 2015 - 1.6M combined sold-in

There is absolutely no way t interpret this data into sold-through numbers for the XBone alone at this point. However, the only fucking way in hell that Xbox One is at 15M sell-through is if sales somehow doubled for the machine since Q3 2014. Make of it what you will. Considering the 360 sold 7.3M in 2007 and then cracked the 10M mark in 2008 at 10.9 for that year, I think it's a tall order.

Yes, you read that correctly. With two consoles on the market, Microsoft is struggling to beat their performance with the 360 back in 2008. The Xbone is a paper tiger, even at it's current price point and software bundle. Unless something massive happens this year, I imagine at some point in the next three-four months the "It's doing better than the 360" soundbite is going to be conspicuously absent from NPD report press releases from MS..

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Uhh.. A $500 console selling for $350 with two games a year later is the business way of doing things?! I learned something new today.

Lol and their revenue is down 25%

I think we need that Naked Gun gif again, nothing to see here! The Xbox division is healthy as can be!

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I'd be ok with that, I'd get a 2nd one!

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

MS cant give the xbone away - 250 and a free game will get me across the line.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 arkephonic

@joel_c17:

I know this is completely unrealistic, but for me personally, I'd need it to be $199 bundled with MCC before I'd be interested.