Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1 Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 237 Posts

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/16/horizon-zero-dawn-2-possibly-announced-soon-by-guerrilla/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/14/god-of-war-director-talks-future-plans/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/13/new-sony-development-team-to-work-with-major-sony-studio/

Horizon Sequel - It's been one year and like GG is adding to their team.

New studio working with NG - probably new IP

Bloodborne 2?- From software is working on 3 projects, with at least 1 being PS exclusive, their current game is likely multi-plat so this means their exclusive project will be PS5 since there won't be enough time to cram 3 games.

Santa Monica new IP - This one is just on the drawing board.

Imo, I will look forward and enjoy the current monster of a line up but that's nice to hear that some are already in full productions and others on the drawing board.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Hope there's Knack 3

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@MonsieurX: Don't forget The Order 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

The Order 1 wasn't a bad game, it was just painfully average (except the graphics). A second game could massively improve over the first game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Tech isn’t ready for a new console cycle. My hype is near 0 for a “next gen.” Why not just launch these games for this generation? We got 1 Uncharted, 1 God of War, 1 Infamous, 1 Killzone etc. Then look at the big 3rd party games like Mass Effect and GTA. We did or damn near had trilogy’s worth of all those games last gen. We got a shit ME and a port of GTA ffs.

Give us games, not hardware. Because let’s face it, the hardware won’t match a PC from 2017. How can you get excited for that?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@sheephats said:

The Order 1 wasn't a bad game, it was just painfully average (except the graphics). A second game could massively improve over the first game.

Yup, loved that setting and premise. They need to revisit it, but actually make the game a more enjoyable experience.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11054 Posts
@sheephats said:
@i_p_daily said:

From a lot of the broken garbage we got this gen, The Order doesn't seem that bad looking back. I still wouldn't score it highly though. If you're gonna release a game that short, it needs something extra to justify a sixty dollar purchase. An MP mode would have helped

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@sheephats said:
@i_p_daily said:

it was bad. it just needs a solid direction because everything about the game except for the gameplay could actually make a damn good franchise

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Uncharted 5, Destroit 2, The Last of us 3, The Order 2, God of War 5 coming to a theater near you.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Can't wait for the topics how good of a value a PS5 is over a PC.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

There's no evidence that these games will be next gen.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Ugh

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Cool, more movies.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

There's literally nothing keeping a studio from starting a ps5 project. The performance target is a known sum.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I know Sony likes announcing games years before release, but if they start announcing PS5 games already I really will LOL. I mean Horizon etc just came out ffs.

The more I think of it, I hope new consoles don't come until 2021 at the earliest.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: Somehow, you make that sound more insidious than not having games at all.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01

@Shewgenja: What a surprise that you bring up Xbox in a thread that has nothing to do with it :)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

These games are probably going to be on both the ps4 and ps5 just like GTA V

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@npiet1 said:

Yup. Hopefully they are good games too.

I want PS5 to launch with a stream of quality games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: Dang dawg, you said it not me. I don't think announcing games is a crime, though.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

I am sure there are plenty of new projects in the pipeline. Some will be only on PS5, others will be on PS4 and PS5.

I would not expect the PS5 itself to be released until late 2020 at the soonest.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@Shewgenja: Of course not... but announcing them several years before release is a bit much. Especially when you show next to nothing of it and basically just have a logo or something. Basically just to grab a headline.

Imo of course.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@Shewgenja: Of course not... but announcing them several years before release is a bit much. Especially when you show next to nothing of it and basically just have a logo or something.

Imo of course.

They haven’t officially announced anything for next gen you clown. This thread is still pure speculation, all those games could still end up on the PS4.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Where is the evidence that any of this is for the PS5?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: What if keeping a deadline is ruining the quality of your portfolio?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@Shewgenja: Of course not... but announcing them several years before release is a bit much. Especially when you show next to nothing of it and basically just have a logo or something.

Imo of course.

They haven’t officially announced anything for next gen you clown. This thread is still pure speculation, all those games could still end up on the PS4.

I know that you fool... why don't you let the grown-ups talk, hey.

@Shewgenja said:

@hrt_rulz01: What if keeping a deadline is ruining the quality of your portfolio?

Of course that's not good... but I'm just saying that I hate it when devs (not just Sony, but they are definitely one of the main ones) announce sh*t so early, especially when they have nothing significant to show of it. ie. Death Stranding. I mean how many of these obscure trailers do we need to see ffs?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: Games development is a very tricky thing. Game breaking bugs range from 5 minutes of switching syntax in a compiler to a complete reworking of game engine code as it interacts with something. The simple truth is, the more.complex and lofty a game is, the more likely the development timeline can be put off for months or even years.

I honestly believe that mandating developers not announce a game until it is late in development incentivizes a toxic culture that will ultimately lead to game makers either cutting huge parts of their games out that they need time to work right or just release buggy crap.

I don't want to be treated like an impetuous child that will scream and crawl on the floor because "insert x shiny game" isn't ready on time. I want to know a game I want is being worked on and that it will be good and ready when I come pick it up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

People are already bored of the PS4 that PS5 is worth speculating? The PS5 like the next Xbox would offer nothing that cannot be experienced right now. The only exception is a VR only console.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01

@Shewgenja said:

@hrt_rulz01: Games development is a very tricky thing. Game breaking bugs range from 5 minutes of switching syntax in a compiler to a complete reworking of game engine code as it interacts with something. The simple truth is, the more.complex and lofty a game is, the more likely the development timeline can be put off for months or even years.

I honestly believe that mandating developers not announce a game until it is late in development incentivizes a toxic culture that will ultimately lead to game makers either cutting huge parts of their games out that they need time to work right or just release buggy crap.

I'm not necessarily saying that it has to be super late in development, but not several years before release... I mean, Death Stranding was announced with that first obscure trailer before they'd even picked an engine for the game. That's a bit ridiculous imo.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: it's not Sony's fault but yours if you get anxious and don't know how to control it.

I'm a huge final fantasy and kingdom hearts fan and I don't have a problem with square enix development cycle and everybody knows it's one of the worse in the industry, it's better to know it's in development than not to know at all.

Learn to control yourself.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@quadknight said:
@npiet1 said:

Yup. Hopefully they are good games too.

I want PS5 to launch with a stream of quality games.

Its a good marketing, so if you can't afford the console, you don't miss out and if you can you have great games already to play.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I know Sony likes announcing games years before release, but if they start announcing PS5 games already I really will LOL. I mean Horizon etc just came out ffs.

The more I think of it, I hope new consoles don't come until 2021 at the earliest.

I like how Microsoft annouces games years before release.....and then closes the studio.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#33 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@sheephats said:
@i_p_daily said:

Agreed. Both Ryse and The Order have potential.

The Order needs to be an actual TPS more than walk and watch then shoot for a bit then QTE melee fights with werewolves. If you want melee involved, make it have weight to it.

Ryse needs a developer that knows how to make hack n slash games and some kind of supernatural to it. Need more than just a shield, spears and sword. Need abilities also. Crytek does first person shooters, they choked on trying an action hack n slash. Too bad they refuse to sell the IP to anyone.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

I hear Days Gone will release in 2025 for PS5 too.

I hear it's this gens The Last Guardian.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Meanwhile Microsoft’s new sta. monica studio is still dried cement

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@cainetao11 said:
@sheephats said:
@i_p_daily said:

The Order needs to be an actual TPS more than walk and watch then shoot for a bit then QTE melee fights with werewolves. If you want melee involved, make it have weight to it.

Ryse needs a developer that knows how to make hack n slash games and some kind of supernatural to it. Need more than just a shield, spears and sword. Need abilities also. Crytek does first person shooters, they choked on trying an action hack n slash. Too bad they refuse to sell the IP to anyone.

Not being a dick about it but I personally don't see any "potential" when both those games were poorly designed with bad gameplay. They were both very shiny and had cool settings but there is no foundation of solid mechanics to build off in a sequel. Ryse has a miserable QTE combat system that would need to be completely redone and The Order would need virtually all it's QTEs and cinematic walking ripped out to be playable. Sometimes a game has solid mechanics with flaws that can be fixed in a sequel (hello, Ass Creed 1). These 2 games don't have that, imo.

Thermite gun is still one of my fave game weapons ever tho :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Considering how long AAA games take to make I have no doubt PS5 work is happening.

I hope it takes years yet for the console to come out though. The hardware still feels very fresh and powerful to me. Is anyone playing God Of War and thinking "ugh, not pretty enough"?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I hear Days Gone will release in 2025 for PS5 too.

I hear it's this gens The Last Guardian.

I m so mad they delayed that game oh well i'll play it whenever they decide to release it

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts
@sukraj said:

I m so mad they delayed that game oh well i'll play it whenever they decide to release it

Yeah me too :)

I hope the delay is for the better. Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima are the two exclusives I'm looking forward to the most.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By QuadKnight

@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I like how Microsoft annouces games years before release.....and then closes the studio.

? Rekt!

I also like how the clown pretends he didn’t just wait 4 years for the mediocre Sea of Tears and State of Flops 2 to release and flop. Also, how long have lems been waiting for Crackhead 3 to get a release date? ? That turd was announced at E3 2014 before GOW, UC4, Horizon, Detroit, R&C etc. were announced and it still doesn’t have a release date yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Didn't Sony also do that with Evolution Studios?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

More exclusives and more and more ..... And the tears are all over the place already lol.

The funny fact ? All these guys in here making fun of Sony exclusives of some sort, theyll be buying and playing most of those games.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

And publishers/developers will take even less (no) risks at all because of the rising development costs and there will be 10 times more loot boxes, MTs and DLCs. If it were not for the indies I would say we are heading for another game crash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn or Bloodborne but I would like to check those games out, and it's good that they are getting sequels.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie said:
@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Nah, Sony allowed Evolution to release Driveclub before closing them down unlike what Phil “Shut is down” Spencer did with his studios.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#46 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@locopatho said:
@cainetao11 said:
@sheephats said:
@i_p_daily said:

Not being a dick about it but I personally don't see any "potential" when both those games were poorly designed with bad gameplay. They were both very shiny and had cool settings but there is no foundation of solid mechanics to build off in a sequel. Ryse has a miserable QTE combat system that would need to be completely redone and The Order would need virtually all it's QTEs and cinematic walking ripped out to be playable. Sometimes a game has solid mechanics with flaws that can be fixed in a sequel (hello, Ass Creed 1). These 2 games don't have that, imo.

Thermite gun is still one of my fave game weapons ever tho :P

I do. Both had interesting characters and settings. Some of the gun play and weapons in 1886 were good. Better development and retooling could make it better.

Ryse had a great setting. I love ancient Rome, the possibilities of characters and story are there. Give that IP to Platinum and I bet its a better game.

I disagree. I liked shooting enemies in The Order and I liked killing people in Ryse. They weren't done well enough to make me want to play them ever again sure, but that doesn't mean some retooling or a different dev couldn't change that. I don't ever want to play GoW Ascension again and haven't played the campaign since it released. That didn't stop the recreation of GoW from being excellent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@quadknight said:
@boycie said:
@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Nah, Sony allowed Evolution to release Driveclub before closing them down unlike what Phil “Shut is down” Spencer did with his studios.

Which studio did Phil do that to?

Still, It's a shame Sony did shut down Evolutions. They gave GG another chance after KZ disappointed wounder why not ES.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@quadknight said:
@boycie said:
@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

But they did let go a large workforce of Santa Monica and cancelled the game Stig Asmussen was working on and he also resigned after Sony shutdown his game in favor of GoW.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie: Yea it sucks what Sony did to Evolution but you have to bear in mind Sony have them many opportunites. The Motorsform games despite being fun were financial flops and from the looks of things Driveclub was their lastchance to redeem themselves. When DC launched and ended up being a disaster at launch Sony made the decision to close them down. Sony let them release Driveclub VR before closing them down though. The difference between Sony and Phil “Cancel” Spencer is that they let their devs release their game before closing them down. Phil killed Phantom Dust and Fable and closed down their studios while both games were still in the middle of development. Phil was also notorious for killing Cancelbound in mid-development too

@pc_rocks said:
@quadknight said:
@boycie said:
@scatteh316 said:

But they did let go a large workforce of Santa Monica and cancelled the game Stig Asmussen was working on and he also resigned after Sony shutdown his game in favor of GoW.

Laying people off isn’t the same things as shutting down a studio. Layoffs are a pretty common thing in the industry especially when ideas change during development. Santa Monica is still alive today and Sony gave them another chance even after disappointing GOW:A reception and now we have a big success in the new GOW.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

@Gatygun: consoles are good value already:

one s at 200€ (cant build a pc for less than 500 unless you already have a pc and just upgrade ram cpu gpu)

ps4 pro can be found at 350€ with games and controller every now and then (both me and my friends waited for one discount that happen quite a lot)

xbox one x is at 470€ with 2 games and controller.

Every single one is great price performance compared to building a brand new pc.