Looks like smoked XSX was indeed real and Xbox PL apologized to the guy and will get new unit next week

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

To bad Xbox didn't apologized in the name of Xbox community for receiving bunch of death threats by them because he dared to say something bad about Xbox.

EDIT : As a reminder, it's about this one :

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

My Polish is a bit rusty...

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Death threats? Jesus...

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@Epak_: Your first time on the internet or something it’s sad but happens all the time

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

Imagine spending so much time cooking up FUDs or amplifying problems against Sony consoles, that these same people fall apart when someone has issues with an Xbox. Damn, faulty units happen, this isn't exactly RRoD here. Microsoft will fix the problem... they're plenty good for it.

Shame on media outlets that boosted the vape pen theory to help damage control. So much for neutrality.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

Well holishit, Xbox smoking case were true after all.

That whole vape thing, Microsoft should apologize for deceiving consumers and trying to downplay it. This is really bad lying to your consumer/potential customer, things like this will make it easy for people to distrust a brand.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

@Epak_: Your first time on the internet or something it’s sad but happens all the time

Death threats over a console lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20148 Posts

Man they went out of their way to discredit this instead of doing a proper investigation. This may not be a widespread issue but MS handled this very poorly.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Once again lemmings are missing in action on this thread.🤣🤣🤣

MS people look really stupid now, they should have investigated first.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

Good that Microsoft is giving him a new system. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to have received death threats. This is why toxic fanboyism sucks no matter what system or game community those people come from.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

They replaced his console out of courtesy but released statements debunking the claims.

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-please-dont-blow-vape-smoke-into-your-xbox-series-x/

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

I don't speak Polish, so I google translated what was there. I think this topic is a little misleading. MS said nothing to suggest that the smoking was real.

I'm not saying it's not, but some polish tweets that don't explicably admit that this is a real issue is not going to be filed under proof in my opinion. I haven't bought a console either way, so I hope MS looks into this and I'm glad they are picking up his console for testing.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos

@navyguy21 said:

They replaced his console out of courtesy but released statements debunking the claims.

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-please-dont-blow-vape-smoke-into-your-xbox-series-x/

The comment about not blowing vape was a warning, the guy who got its unit replace didn't vape any smoke into the console, MS jumped the gun make that video and then realize that his claim was TRUE.

Never the less is a new product some will fail it happen on both sides but it was true.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

@tormentos said:
@navyguy21 said:

The comment about not blowing vape was a warning, the guy who got its unit replace didn't vape any smoke into the console, MS jumped the gun make that video and then realize that his claim was TRUE.

Never the less is a new product some will fail it happen on both sides but it was true.

Fyi that article was few days ago, this tweet is 1 day old.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Good that Microsoft is giving him a new system. Absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to have received death threats. This is why toxic fanboyism sucks no matter what system or game community those people come from.

No dude people on here was saying it was all fake and now we find out it was real. This is outrageous. People need to shutup and listen to people if they there xbox is smoking.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

People have legit being blowing vape smoke into their consoles, so it's hard for me to critisize MS for warning people not to...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

@ProtossRushX: What does that have to do with anything I said? 😐

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

The stupidity of people vaping into consoles has made it hard for the few who actually had problems to get the support they needed quickly.

It makes me laugh the posts about failures on both consoles, it happens with every launch.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos

@sakaixx said:

Fyi that article was few days ago, this tweet is 1 day old.

Exactly.

Some lemming don't even bother to double check their info in a desperate attempt to defend the machine.😂

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@tormentos said:
@navyguy21 said:

Wait, what video did MS make?

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@tormentos: MS never made a video

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

That link should be included in the OP but yeah, that thinking just would blow his false narrative to pieces and we know cows are all about spreading false narratives. lol :P

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

@tdkmillsy: why would people vape into the console??

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Cl

@djoffer123 said:

@tdkmillsy: why would people vape into the console??

Clickbait, some people are desperate for attention

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:
@navyguy21 said:

That link should be included in the OP but yeah, that thinking just would blow his false narrative to pieces and we know cows are all about spreading false narratives. lol :P

That came before they admit there was some one who had that problem, so it was real, it just got mix with idiots who want to make the console look bad by blowing smoke on it.

Is not the first console that fail the PS5 has unit fail as well, is not something widespread is just normal.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:
@navyguy21 said:

That came before they admit there was some one who had that problem, so it was real, it just got mix with idiots who want to make the console look bad by blowing smoke on it.

Is not the first console that fail the PS5 has unit fail as well, is not something widespread is just normal.

That was way too agreeable. Tormy, someone hijacked your account. ;o

I kid, I kid mah friend and yep, right on!! :D

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I knew lems live in a different reality, but death threats?? Talk about rabid group of fan boys .

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Still seems suspect, that much smoke, from what? A fire. Probably was vape and the moisture killed the box.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

The video with the smoke is fake. Electronics don't burn out with that much smoke.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9412 Posts

I don't buy it. I've seen computers let the smoke out. They don't come with that much smoke.

As for the tweet, I can't read it. You should def provide a translation if you're going to make a thread about it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zero_epyon

Has anyone seen a vapor chamber heatsink fail? I've only seen somewhere the heatsink warps. Could that be happening and the smoke we see is actually the vapor leaving the heatsink?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

Has anyone seen a vapor chamber heatsink fail? I've only seen somewhere the heatsink warps. Could that be happening and the smoke we see is actually the vapor leaving the heatsink?

Vapor chambers are sealed. Metal sealed from my understanding.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Vapor chambers are sealed. Metal sealed from my understanding.

Then a defect in the seal? Idk it seems to be real per MS's polish account.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

Then a defect in the seal? Idk it seems to be real per MS's polish account.

I am not doubting defects, I am doubting the video.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

I knew lems live in a different reality, but death threats?? Talk about rabid group of fan boys .

IKR, image if someone sent death threats over something as irrelevant as a score.....

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Wouldnt that be steam, not smoke, and with way higher pressure? Still find it somewhat hard to believe an electric device would out that much smoke and smoke being that clean, but eh

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

Can anyone who is fluent in Polish provide a translation of that tweet (no machine translation) in question and not just a summary of it?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@onesiphorus:

Arek, jeszcze raz przepraszamy, że zajęło to trochę dłużej, niż początkowo obiecywaliśmy, ale na szczęście udało się całą sprawę skończyć happy endem

Arek, we're sorry once again that it's taken a little longer than we first promised, but fortunately the whole situation has managed to come to a happy ending.

Enclosed tweet:

Właśnie dzwonił do mnie @XboxPL i dostałem informację, że w poniedziałek wyślą mi nową konsolę i odbiorą wadliwy egzemplarz do badania.

XboxPL have just called me and informed me that on Monday they'll be sending me a new console and collecting the faulty product for testing.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6956 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

Can anyone who is fluent in Polish provide a translation of that tweet (no machine translation) in question and not just a summary of it?

It isn't necessary. Here is the complete story, in a video interview with English captions. The story isn't exactly what the TC wants you to believe.

I think the young man is highly credible and that the incident occurred. MS has retrieved his unit for testing and is sending him a replacement.

He got a unit during the day, set it up in the evening and played AC: Valhalla for a few hours (Disk version). There were some weird 'boiling water' sounds, but he didn't think much of it. Got up the next morning, powered it on and again 'boiling water' sounds. Shortly thereafter it started smoking and that's his video.

He comes across as completely transparent, explains all his logic on his decisions, and he likes MS. He seems to acknowledge that other videos have been faked and he is not peddling a conspiracy or major issue. He just posted on Twitter because his friend told him too and it was a national holiday so he thought he might get a quicker MS response. He just wanted a new unit and regrets all the attention. He hasn't gotten death threats...that appears made up by the TC.

I rate this incident as highly credible, but the failure mode is unknown. It appears to be isolated, although he says one other Polish owner claims the same thing. None of the other 'incidents' with videos appear related.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@Sancho_Panzer and @SUD123456: Thank you both for your responses.