NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Chinese developers Heluo Studio had announced a new game called Xie Yin Court/Hide Club on April 1st but everyone thought it was joke. Turns out it is real and April 1st is the anniversary of when the studio was formed. The minute I saw some screenshots of the game I instantly thought Persona 5. I know the Chinese are famous for making knock offs but this is almost borderline plagiarism. Chinese gamers are even calling it Plagiarism 5 XDDDDD. How they described the game also really sounds like Persona. It seems like its going to be like Persona but in a Xian Xia setting. Hey China while you're at it can you make some knock offs of the rest of the PS4 and Nintendo exclusive games lineup :P?

An English release is very likely since the developers had released two games on Steam with English translations in 2016 and 2017 which were Tale Of Wuxia and Tale Of Wuxia: The Pre-sequel. Tale Of Wuxia is a remake of the classic 90s Chinese CRPG named Heroes Of Jin Yong. It is very well received on Steam while the pre-sequel is more mixed because it was a rushed title with too many bugs at launch.

The game is aiming for a release in 2019. Maybe if we're lucky this game will get SEGA to finally crackdown on Atlus and make them port the Persona games over to PC so they don't lose to potential competition.

article but its Chinese so use translator

English text for those too lazy to translate

Xu Changlong, the father of the trilogy of Heluo, exposed Weibo Studio on Weibo and continued to develop the latest series of games named Xie Yin Ge after "The Legend of Martial Arts" and "The Xia Chuan". Although it was announced on April 1st April Fool's Day, according to the practice of releasing information on Heluo every year on April 1st (and also the studio's birthday), and the trademark online, you can find information on the registered “Hide Hidden Club” trademark. This time, the credibility of the news is still quite high.

Seen from the situation of Xu Dabao, “Xiang Yin Ge” is a martial arts college fostering game. The so-called “hidden” is a martial arts school founded by the legendary heroes of the East. After entering the Hidden Court, you can choose to complete many martial arts, learn from friends of all kinds, and cultivate personality characteristics and personal style. , make the Court notice up and down the Wizards. The following is an official introduction.

Personality differences affect the characteristics of combat, interpersonal relationships, and all kinds of opportunities in life.

What is the advantage on the battlefield? What kind of student can you become a friend with?

Enthusiasm, seemingly suitable for singing and earning money?

But no matter what personality you are, don't forget to have a good relationship with your roommate, otherwise you will never have a good time.

In the hidden room, there are many things to do and you can do more.

However, the time is precious. If you want to choose courses, practice martial arts, work, but also make friends, fall in love, how to arrange?

Sometimes planning a trip, but it is disrupted by the weather, accidents, and friends' make-up offer. How to choose?

As martial arts advance and experience grows longer, you must also face a last resort.

Experience a series of tasks and choices, establish your own convictions, and accomplish your own knighthood.

After entering the Hidden Court, he experienced the unique school life, peers, and moral struggles of the martial arts children.

This game is expected to be released in 2019. Is this setting yours?

screenshots

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I actually kinda like the style. Persona devs have found their groove, so I sincerely doubt it would be as refined.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#5 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

So it's like a Persona set in ancient China

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

Might be similar, but I doubt it will match Persona's quality or style. Persona games are one of those things that can be imitated, but not replicated.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Guys, no emulation. You know that

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@dorog1995 said:

@naz99: funny that how we still haven't gotten a proper original Xbox emulator.

EDIT: I've just remembered which forum we are on i'm gonna end it here because i'm pretty sure emulation discussion isnt allowed here plus im getting off topic :D

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Guys, no emulation. You know that

Yup sorry, see my last post :/

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Heh clone or whatever..don't care as long as the game is good. Chinese animes however most are cringe worthy..only like some. :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#15 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@NoodleFighter:

Looks really well done! I'd love to check it out too and I already have access to Persona!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

This looks impressive. Sure, the artwork imitates Persona 5 but it's a game I would probably play :D

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

I really hate tha anime style apart from Valkriya Chronicles.

pouriarjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pouriarjj
Member since 2018 • 168 Posts

@NoodleFighter: this does look good

but pc already has persona, way better than the ps4 version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIC7fZbUCQ :) #pcmasterrace

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Maybe this will convince Charizard1605 to get himself a PC now since he loves Persona series and all that jazzy stuff :)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

Meh. No thanks. I dont want this animu crap.

consoles can keep it.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Looks like a lot of Asian RPGs, not just Persona.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#22 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

That looks pretty good, if an English localization is announced I might get hyped for it, but for now lets even see if this gets past the Chinese' government's anti-entertainment laws, they hate the idea of super natural forces, it might get shut down before it even makes it to steam green light.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Few SP Chinese games on Steam, always interesting to play them even if they aren't necessarily great.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Meh. No thanks. I dont want this animu crap.

consoles can keep it.

Government agents are going to come tie you to a chair and force you to play it, you have no choice in the matter.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoodleFighter

@GarGx1: This may become a lot more common as more singleplayer and standalone games come out of China. Chinese devs seem to be take inspiration from Japanese games the most. Most Chinese RPGs play like JRPGs and I've already found a couple of upcoming Chinese games that look like they take inspiration from Japanese games.

@ShadowDeathX: What are some Asian games that have an art style like Persona?

@Dark_sageX: I doubt this game will get harshly censored/banned since its Xian Xia. Wuxia and all its subgenres which Xian Xia is one of are huge in China and easily the most popular type of genre and setting in all entertainment forms there. If anything Persona would probably have a significantly higher chance of being banned due to it taking place in a modern setting which really makes the supernatural juxtaposition stick out while Xian Xia is heavily influenced by Chinese culture & mythology.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Maybe they missed the bits that gave the Persona series greater mass appeal than other SMT games and spin-offs, like centering around school children, taking place in a contemporary setting, and it'll be interesting to see how they compare to localization efforts, Persona games do a rather exceptional job on this end for their English localization, I doubt a Chinese anything will even come close.

Seems like a lame comparison centering around a generic fantasy setting. Though I've no doubt they'll try utilizing a similar aesthetic in the mix of 2D and battle design, I doubt they'll come close to having the same kind of chic simplicity, and the sountrack, forget about it.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Never heard about Persona, but this one looks cool.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

nope..

to busy playing crossworlds escape, elite dangerous, Sim Airport and Junk Jack.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

I thought PC Gamers didn't like jrpgs because they're not too manly.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NoodleFighter

@calvincfb: You must be confusing us with lems, and even if a couple hermits here said they don't like them their taste is far from representing all PC gamers. Considering the millions of Asian PC gamers that outnumber Western PC gamers play games with anime art styles and China already has lots of RPGs that have turn based combat like JRPGs. It's likely a big reason why PC gets more Japanese games than Xbox despite having hardly any representation in Japan just like Xbox because PC gamers have shown them that there is a profitable market to bring Japanese games over unlike Xbox gamers.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Whats wrong with talking about emulation, most of the consoles do it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@calvincfb: You must be confusing us with lems, and even if a couple hermits here said they don't like them their taste is far from representing all PC gamers. Considering the millions of Asian PC gamers that outnumber Western PC gamers play games with anime art styles and China already has lots of RPGs that have turn based combat like JRPGs. It's likely a big reason why PC gets more Japanese games than Xbox despite having hardly any representation in Japan just like Xbox because PC gamers have shown them that there is a profitable market to bring Japanese games over unlike Xbox gamers.

quality is not determined by a popularity contest

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Pffft, wake me when you get a Tales of Ballbagia..... MmmmK. lol :P