Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7142 Posts

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75230/devil-may-cry-5-4k30fps-1080p60fps-with-ray-tracing-on-playstation/index.html

One thing to note is ray tracing is coming to PS5 first, and then the Xbox Series X later on. We're not sure what the reasoning is for this, especially considering the Xbox Series X is more powerful with a 12TFLOP GPU and more tight-knight DirectX12 Ultimate architectures.

Speaking as part of a digital EGX Panel, however, Digital Foundry’s Richard Leadbetter shared some good news for early PS5 adopters. “Every single developer I’ve spoken to developing for PS5 has been evangelising how easy it is to work for,” he said. “It’s essentially the same development environment as PS4 and you scale up from there, for the new powers, the features, and whatnot. I can’t stress enough how happy developers seem to be with this situation.”

https://gameratings.us/devs-evangelising-the-ease-of-ps5s-development-environment/

I wonder why the series x will not have raytracing.

what is good is that the raytracing is still there for the ones that want to play at 1080p/60

"Next-gen is going to give players the choice to experience ray traced graphics at 4K 30FPS, 1080p 60FPS, or turn off the ray tracing and experience the game at frame rates at up to 120FPS,"Devil May Cry 5 producer Matt Walker said in a ray tracing demo.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Good. Ease of development means quicker turn arounds from concept to release.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

That's cool. It may be bigger than a motherfugg, but at least it sounds like it's a breeze to dev for.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gifford38

@BenjaminBanklin said:

That's cool. It may be bigger than a motherfugg, but at least it sounds like it's a breeze to dev for.

I like big consoles. I liked the fat ps3 design more than the ps4. ps5 on its side looks like a ps3 with a huge make over.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

They always say this before a console launch, real stories will emerge as the gen moves forward.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Please just make the PS5 run quieter. No more Jet engines pls.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gifford38

@Zidaneski said:

Please just make the PS5 run quieter. No more Jet engines pls.

yes I hope so to. as a console (not games lol)the xbox one x was the best system this gen. well built.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

Just wondering what with the hush on Xbox Ray Tracing abilities?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Didn't one Twitter dude say Capcom was struggling with the PS5 now other dev's are its super easy.

WTF Capcom?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Didn't one Twitter dude say Capcom was struggling with the PS5 now other dev's are its super easy.

WTF Capcom?

Gotta believe that random dude on Twitter

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

This isn't the PS3. Ease of development is just standard on all consoles.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Digital foundry bias showing too much, better praise the ps5 a bit.

Also the dmc5 xbox thing is weird. Hope it's not some exclusive deal.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Find that interesting how it's easy for devs to scale up from ps4 to take use of the new features. So in reverse should be easy to scale down to ps4.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

Good news!.......Time to pop open a cold one!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

Is that general ease, or relative ease?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@gifford38 said:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75230/devil-may-cry-5-4k30fps-1080p60fps-with-ray-tracing-on-playstation/index.html

One thing to note is ray tracing is coming to PS5 first, and then the Xbox Series X later on. We're not sure what the reasoning is for this, especially considering the Xbox Series X is more powerful with a 12TFLOP GPU and more tight-knight DirectX12 Ultimate architectures.

Speaking as part of a digital EGX Panel, however, Digital Foundry’s Richard Leadbetter shared some good news for early PS5 adopters. “Every single developer I’ve spoken to developing for PS5 has been evangelising how easy it is to work for,” he said. “It’s essentially the same development environment as PS4 and you scale up from there, for the new powers, the features, and whatnot. I can’t stress enough how happy developers seem to be with this situation.”

https://gameratings.us/devs-evangelising-the-ease-of-ps5s-development-environment/

what is good is that the raytracing is still there for the ones that want to play at 1080p/60

"Next-gen is going to give players the choice to experience ray traced graphics at 4K 30FPS, 1080p 60FPS, or turn off the ray tracing and experience the game at frame rates at up to 120FPS,"Devil May Cry 5 producer Matt Walker said in a ray tracing demo.

Wait a minute, so cows have been saying the games for the Series S are holding the Series X back, but countless people have been saying it will scale and make use of the extra power, BUT the PS4 won't hold the PS5 because it can scale, man you clowns are the laughing stock of the gaming universe.

Oh and since its being paid for by Sony to come to the PS5 first, it means Sony has sunk to an all new low, paying for exclusive RT on an old game (ones cows claim not to buy a new console for) man i see why you guys stick up for Sony as you're just as bad as them lol.

Surprised no one else picked that up, its devs just owning cows, in other words TCHBO again :)

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Time to stick a fork in Xbox. The developers and gamers all agree that PS5 is the console to buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Time to stick a fork in Xbox. The developers and gamers all agree that PS5 is the console to buy.

When you say that, this is what i'm picturing

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Xbox Series X and PS5 are using near identical architecture. Obviously Xbox Series X is more advanced in terms of speed and power and memory. But for the most part, they are the same in terms of developing ease. Even if Xbox Series X is 30% faster and powerful.

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

I'm pretty sure the PS5 and Series X are x86 environments and both are using AMD CPUs/GPUs. Sony switched over after they learned their lesson with Cell (PS3). MS has always used x86. Developers are all used to x86 from developing games due to PC. What's all this praise about? These consoles are nothing but closed PCs now. Scaling should be a piece of cake.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5869 Posts

With generations being on the same platform, you would expect next gen to be as easy if not easier than the last to develop for.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Still 30% weaker than its direct competitor. With this power difference, is it any wonder it’s easier to develop for?

#pass

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Still 30% weaker than its direct competitor.

#pass

Seconded. If just for the lol's. :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gifford38

@masonshoemocker said:

I'm pretty sure the PS5 and Series X are x86 environments and both are using AMD CPUs/GPUs. Sony switched over after they learned their lesson with Cell (PS3). MS has always used x86. Developers are all used to x86 from developing games due to PC. What's all this praise about? These consoles are nothing but closed PCs now. Scaling should be a piece of cake.

I heard xbox changed there's to be able to scale down more to each consoles specs.

some developers are having a bit of a hard time adjusting to it.

I watched a digital foundry video and rich was talking about it.

the ps5 they can use what they have from the ps4 and go from there.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38

@Sevenizz said:

Still 30% weaker than its direct competitor. With this power difference, is it any wonder it’s easier to develop for?

#pass

omg that is another dumbass remark from you again. developers are having a hard time with cross gen when scaling backwards (weaker consoles) not forwards (next gen machines.)

its easy like i said above if you read my post but here you go again.

plus like mark said he wanted it to have the lease amount of bottlenecks in the ps5 over the ps4.

that 30% of power is a fanboy number because the fanboys still think its 9.2 teraflops when it was proven wrong it 10.28 teraflops. yes the teraflop goes down if the gpu or cpu are not fully being used like playing a ps4 game.

the entire internet world the ps5 is 10.28 teraflops>>>>>>>>>>>fanboy saying it 9 teraflops.

let see which one do i trust?

I declare from now on the series x only has 11 teraflops not 12 because I'm a sony fan and I'm right and xbox lied about there teraflop number.

spread the rumor guys. see how dumb that looks?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Lmfao, Xbox and PS use essentially identical hardware. This ain't 1996 and we're comparing the PS1 to the Sega Saturn. It'll be virtually identical to develop for either platform and the only difference will be is tweaking the visuals a tad for one over the other before releasing it. Also both consoles use the same architecture as their predecessors. Sure, more RAM, higher clock speeds, etc, but that's not a big deal.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gifford38

@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:

Wait a minute, so cows have been saying the games for the Series S are holding the Series X back, but countless people have been saying it will scale and make use of the extra power, BUT the PS4 won't hold the PS5 because it can scale, man you clowns are the laughing stock of the gaming universe.

Oh and since its being paid for by Sony to come to the PS5 first, it means Sony has sunk to an all new low, paying for exclusive RT on an old game (ones cows claim not to buy a new console for) man i see why you guys stick up for Sony as you're just as bad as them lol.

Surprised no one else picked that up, its devs just owning cows, in other words TCHBO again :)

what most developers use there last gen engine and add the ps5 dev kit or series x dev kits to those engines. i never said the series s was going to hold the series x back. im more worried about how it will work with games like medium being 4k/30 fps with no performance mode on the series x. which is a series x next gen only game. if 12 teraflops has to be 4k/30 with that gpu and cpu what is going to be on the series s? more gpu you use the less cpu you have to do frame rates. i just can't see a 4 teraflop console be able to do 1440p/30 with medium. more like 1080p/30 for next gen games.

this is all a guess of course.

much easier going of a ps4 build game than it is from scratch is it not?

why do you think we are getting god of war in 2021. its because they are using the ps4 engine and updating to next gen dev kits.

fact is I don't want every launch game or 2021 game to be cross gen game.

cross gen games never look as good as next gen only games. ryse, killzone, and every next gen only title in history.

cross gen games do hold back next gen only title in the past.

but scaling is getting better and i think sony fans including my self didn't want to see it. i admit I was wrong because i use to seeing next gen only titles being the flag ship games at launch.

scaling games are better now then ever before and cows did not want to see it.

but demon souls looks next gen to me and it gets me excited on whats to come in the future for next gen games.

only thing the series s is holding back are the users that want digital only but want 4k gaming as well.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

Nooooo! a consoles quality is measured by how hard it is to develop for.

sony should have went with a highly customised Risc-V based multicore CPU with a bunch of extra magic custom instructions the likes of which the world has never seen.

the 16GB of ram should be devided into different types. It should have had GDDR, DDR, XDR, 1T and LPDDR ram to have true hidden power.

it would be so advanced it wouldnt even need a GPU!

if it doesnt take 300 people 2 years just to get a triangle on the screen then what's the point?

....J/k just in case there is any doubt of course.

In fairness to Sony i think they learned well from the PS3.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38793 Posts

They did the same thing this generation, look where it got us. Almost everything is running sub 30fps. Nice "easy" optimization.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:

what most developers use there last gen engine and add the ps5 dev kit or series x dev kits to those engines. i never said the series s was going to hold the series x back. im more worried about how it will work with games like medium being 4k/30 fps with no performance mode on the series x. which is a series x next gen only game. if 12 teraflops has to be 4k/30 with that gpu and cpu what is going to be on the series s? more gpu you use the less cpu you have to do frame rates. i just can't see a 4 teraflop console be able to do 1440p/30 with medium. more like 1080p/30 for next gen games.

this is all a guess of course.

much easier going of a ps4 build game than it is from scratch is it not?

why do you think we are getting god of war in 2021. its because they are using the ps4 engine and updating to next gen dev kits.

fact is I don't want every launch game or 2021 game to be cross gen game.

cross gen games never look as good as next gen only games. ryse, killzone, and every next gen only title in history.

cross gen games do hold back next gen only title in the past.

but scaling is getting better and i think sony fans including my self didn't want to see it. i admit I was wrong because i use to seeing next gen only titles being the flag ship games at launch.

scaling games are better now then ever before and cows did not want to see it.

but demon souls looks next gen to me and it gets me excited on whats to come in the future for next gen games.

only thing the series s is holding back are the users that want digital only but want 4k gaming as well.

More like Sony is doing it so now you're magically ok with it.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@hardwenzen: If you were talking about 7th gen i would agree, but that is simply far from the truth on current gen. Not only most 30fps games run locked, but 60fps actually became standard for many genres.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@PAL360 said:

@hardwenzen: If you were talking about 7th gen i would agree, but that is simply far from the truth on current gen. Not only most 30fps games run locked, but 60fps actually became standard for many genres.

Really? Other than God of War and TLOU2 i can't even think of anything being locked to 30fps and have it stable.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PAL360

@hardwenzen: Seriously?! I have played over 200 games this gen, and not once i have experienced annoying framerates! In comparison, last gen i couldn't finish Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and many others due to poor performance.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hardwenzen

@PAL360 said:

@hardwenzen: Seriously?! I have played over 200 games this gen, and not once i have experienced annoying framerates! In comparison, last gen i couldn't finish Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and many others due to poor performance.

Yes. You might not notice/care when it gets to like 27-28fps, but it triggers the shit out of me, and that's almost in every game. Some may suggest to look at an average DF analysis, but it really is not needed, sub 30fps gaming is like a 'feature' of this generation.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PAL360

@hardwenzen: I still disagree. I don't mind a drop to 29fps here and there, but i do find an average of 28fps to be very annoying. Actually i have heard digital foundry guys more than once praising current gen's consistency.

Maybe we have been playing different games.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Another echo of what Mark Cerny said way back in March in his technical breakdown. It was something most people didn't notice. But he essentially said the gap from concept to polygon (or some other term) is the smallest it has ever been w/ PS5. Roughly less than a month.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gifford38

@PAL360 said:

@hardwenzen: I still disagree. I don't mind a drop to 29fps here and there, but i do find an average of 28fps to be very annoying. Actually i have heard digital foundry guys more than once praising current gen's consistency.

yeah i never sat there and said man i wish this game was 60fps or even notice frame drops. i just look at it as slow down like the old days when to many enemy's on the screen. i also never played on pc so thats why. im use to it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@PAL360 said:

yeah i never sat there and said man i wish this game was 60fps or even notice frame drops. i just look at it as slow down like the old days when to many enemy's on the screen. i also never played on pc so thats why. im use to it.

Conditioned to bottom of the barrel performance. Nothing to be proud off of.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gifford38
@shellcase86 said:

Another echo of what Mark Cerny said way back in March in his technical breakdown. It was something most people didn't notice. But he essentially said the gap from concept to polygon (or some other term) is the smallest it has ever been w/ PS5. Roughly less than a month.

no one payed attention to him. its sad to. I thought that deep dive video was interesting.

ps4 took 1 to 2 months while the ps5 is less than one.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PAL360

@gifford38: I do mind low framerates, and one of the things i'm most hyped about 9th gen is the fact most devs are finally aiming at 60fps...or at least giving that option. Even though we have seen a massive improvement this gen compared to previous ones.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gifford38

@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@PAL360 said:

i have been a proud gamer sense the nes. I can careless if you seem to think other wise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gifford38 said:
@PAL360 said:

i have been a proud gamer sense the nes. I can careless if you seem to think other wise.

There's a difference between being proud of being a gamer (not sure what is there to be proud of off. Not like you've made millions playing video games) and accepting lowest possible performance as your standard.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#43  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Even though I'm sure that both the Xbox Series & PS5 systems should be fine developing for since the architecture is damn near similar to last gen, developers say this marketing hype every single gen guys..

I even remember before the PS3 launched, they talked about how much they "loved developing" for the PS3. In reality, we all know how much of a pain in the ass that system was to develop for after the thing launched lol.

This really should be a no-brainer at this point. These systems are nowhere near the complexity levels of hardware of the past.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

@remiks00 said:

Even though I'm sure that both the Xbox Series & PS5 systems should be fine developing for since the architecture is damn near similar to last gen, developers say this marketing hype ever single gen guys..

I even remember before the PS3 launched, they talked about how much they "loved developing" for the PS3. In reality, we all know how much of a pain in the ass that system was to develop for after the thing launched lol.

This really should be a no-brainer at this point.

You mean like this

"With the new generation PlayStation platform, we can create "Gundam World" with the quality no one has ever imagined. The philosophy, connecting millions of Cell together, makes reality get closer to the world of SF films. We are delighted to share the vision of Ken, architect, Kutaragi." --Shin Unozawa, Managing Director, Leader, Game Software Group, President, Bandai

"The PlayStation 3 has us really excited! So much so in fact that we are already working our hardest to get Devil May Cry 4 out for this new platform. New hardware always yields more options for developers to create exciting and fresh gameplay experiences. I believe that the PS3 is one piece of hardware that will test the mettle of our development team and help us to create some of the most amazing games, limited only by our imagination." -- Keiji Inafune, Managing Executive Officer, Research & Development Division, Capcom

"Each generation of PlayStation has made a dramatic improvement in how we create and play videogames. PlayStation 3 will be a breakthrough in how the world experiences entertainment. EA is fully aligned with Sony Computer Entertainment -- we share their vision and applaud their success." -- Larry Probst, Chairman and CEO, Electronic Arts

"President Kutaragi has thrown down a gauntlet. That gauntlet is called the PlayStation. We here at KOEI have gladly taken up the challenge, and are striving day and night to take full advantage of all the PS3's new possibilities. Our goal is to combine cutting-edge technology with a full range of artistic expression to deliver the ultimate form of entertainment, and please people everywhere." -- Keiko Erikawa, Chairman & C.E.O., KOEI

"With the arrival of the next generation computer entertainment system PlayStation 3, I believe it will be possible for graphic expressions, more beautiful than before, to coexist with more deep and evolved game play which utilize the Cell architecture. I also have high expectations for the evolution by the online features that will be enhanced. We will utilize the features of the new platform and will strive to create contents that will bring new excitement for our users worldwide, so please have high hopes for Konami." -- Kazumi Kitaue, CEO, Konami Digital Entertainment

"Each time SCEI launches a console, the videogames business moves to the next level. With PlayStation 3 it looks as if it might be time for interactive entertainment to become, finally, the world's dominant artistic medium." -- Sam Houser, President, Rockstar Games

"We at Namco have used and will continue to use the advancements in audio- visual technology to deliver games that are not only appealing to the eyes and ears, but that stir emotions, speak to the heart, and remain in players' minds for years to come. We are confident that the PlayStation 3 is an entertainment system that will enable us to do just that." -- Shigeru Yokoyama, CT Company President, Namco Ltd.

"Next-generation hardware platforms will enable SEGA to create new game concepts that offer more immersive interactive experiences. SEGA continues to pursue the fusion of creativity and technology by publishing only the best, more innovative content to gamers around the world." -- Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, SEGA Corporation

"Square Enix is extremely honored to have had the chance to provide you with this technical demonstration of what the Cell processor can bring to the PlayStation 3 and the world of gaming. We are committed to fully backing SCEI's new computer entertainment system and plans to bring the Final Fantasy series to the PS3 are just beyond the horizon." -- Yoichi Wada, President, SQUARE ENIX

"Ubisoft was one of the first major international developers to have its teams start focusing on next generation consoles. We are looking forward to developing outstanding games on Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s new system. Its powerful features will help take the industry to an even higher level in the very near future." -- Yves Guillemot, President and CEO, Ubisoft

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

If it's so much easier to develop games for, I guess the new $70 price for games really is just a cash grab.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 remiks00

@Pedro said:
@remiks00 said:

Even though I'm sure that both the Xbox Series & PS5 systems should be fine developing for since the architecture is damn near similar to last gen, developers say this marketing hype ever single gen guys..

This really should be a no-brainer at this point.

You like this

"With the new generation PlayStation platform, we can create "Gundam World" with the quality no one has ever imagined. The philosophy, connecting millions of Cell together, makes reality get closer to the world of SF films. We are delighted to share the vision of Ken, architect, Kutaragi." --Shin Unozawa, Managing Director, Leader, Game Software Group, President, Bandai

"The PlayStation 3 has us really excited! So much so in fact that we are already working our hardest to get Devil May Cry 4 out for this new platform. New hardware always yields more options for developers to create exciting and fresh gameplay experiences. I believe that the PS3 is one piece of hardware that will test the mettle of our development team and help us to create some of the most amazing games, limited only by our imagination." -- Keiji Inafune, Managing Executive Officer, Research & Development Division, Capcom

"Each generation of PlayStation has made a dramatic improvement in how we create and play videogames. PlayStation 3 will be a breakthrough in how the world experiences entertainment. EA is fully aligned with Sony Computer Entertainment -- we share their vision and applaud their success." -- Larry Probst, Chairman and CEO, Electronic Arts

"President Kutaragi has thrown down a gauntlet. That gauntlet is called the PlayStation. We here at KOEI have gladly taken up the challenge, and are striving day and night to take full advantage of all the PS3's new possibilities. Our goal is to combine cutting-edge technology with a full range of artistic expression to deliver the ultimate form of entertainment, and please people everywhere." -- Keiko Erikawa, Chairman & C.E.O., KOEI

"With the arrival of the next generation computer entertainment system PlayStation 3, I believe it will be possible for graphic expressions, more beautiful than before, to coexist with more deep and evolved game play which utilize the Cell architecture. I also have high expectations for the evolution by the online features that will be enhanced. We will utilize the features of the new platform and will strive to create contents that will bring new excitement for our users worldwide, so please have high hopes for Konami." -- Kazumi Kitaue, CEO, Konami Digital Entertainment

"Each time SCEI launches a console, the videogames business moves to the next level. With PlayStation 3 it looks as if it might be time for interactive entertainment to become, finally, the world's dominant artistic medium." -- Sam Houser, President, Rockstar Games

"We at Namco have used and will continue to use the advancements in audio- visual technology to deliver games that are not only appealing to the eyes and ears, but that stir emotions, speak to the heart, and remain in players' minds for years to come. We are confident that the PlayStation 3 is an entertainment system that will enable us to do just that." -- Shigeru Yokoyama, CT Company President, Namco Ltd.

"Next-generation hardware platforms will enable SEGA to create new game concepts that offer more immersive interactive experiences. SEGA continues to pursue the fusion of creativity and technology by publishing only the best, more innovative content to gamers around the world." -- Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, SEGA Corporation

"Square Enix is extremely honored to have had the chance to provide you with this technical demonstration of what the Cell processor can bring to the PlayStation 3 and the world of gaming. We are committed to fully backing SCEI's new computer entertainment system and plans to bring the Final Fantasy series to the PS3 are just beyond the horizon." -- Yoichi Wada, President, SQUARE ENIX

"Ubisoft was one of the first major international developers to have its teams start focusing on next generation consoles. We are looking forward to developing outstanding games on Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s new system. Its powerful features will help take the industry to an even higher level in the very near future." -- Yves Guillemot, President and CEO, Ubisoft

Omg! Exactly bro! lmao, what a blast from the past.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 remiks00

@Pedro:

Loading Video...

I even remember this lol. Good times back then

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PAL360

@Pedro: This is fantastic, i love to read this stuff! But none of them is praising simplicity. They are exited for the fact a new generation with more possibilities is coming.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

I heard the silly "smart shift" feature of the PS5 is a bit of a pain.

Loading Video...

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LetsHaveFun
Member since 2020 • 369 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I heard the silly "smart shift" feature of the PS5 is a bit of a pain.

Loading Video...

You heard form a silly Xbox fanboy youtube channel that smart shift is bad??

You need better sources!!