Looks like a bunch of lems jumped ship and bought the PS5 ( 1 in 4 ps5 owners didn't own a PS4- IGN)

• 109 results
AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@Epak_: I think we can agree that lems are very special not to realize this.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: That 9 still seems to be upsetting you cows I see

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@Duckyindiana: Somehow you're more butthurt than cows, and this thread isn't even about Xbox. I want your opinion on the matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@Duckyindiana: Somehow you're more butthurt than cows, and this thread isn't even about Xbox. I want your opinion on the matter.

How is thread NOT about Xbox, if lems jumped ship, what did they jump ship from, the Switch???

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hardwenzen  Online

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:

How is thread NOT about Xbox, if lems jumped ship, what did they jump ship from, the Switch???

I mixed this thread with another. Leave me alone 🙃

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:

Well its true that you're not hard to confuse 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hardwenzen  Online

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:

When talking to someone that doesn't watch anything and talks his ass off, its real easy to be confused by that Aussie 🤷‍♂️

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:

When talking to someone that doesn't watch anything and talks his ass off, its real easy to be confused by that Aussie 🤷‍♂️

You're too easy, and its obvious you can't run game in multiple threads, i'd teach you, but you're not worthy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen  Online

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

You're too easy, and its obvious you can't run game in multiple threads, i'd teach you, but you're not worthy.

You won't teach me anything, you don't even own a next gen console 🥱

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

the concept of having both consoles is alien to fannyboys HaH

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Duckyindiana

@hardwenzen: You are an idiot and seem to like making yourself look stupid seems you’ve taken over from Protoss

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

This gen will be like last, who honestly thought it would not?

Maybe. But honestly, early performance doesn't mean too much. The gen has just started and while there's a SERIOUSLY good chance you're right, both consoles are objectively strong out of the gate, bar exclusives which are nothing to shout about. Both 2021 line ups are pretty bad now apart from a couple of games aside. But both companies have a lot of studios working on games for 2022 onwards and it'll be interesting to see how MSs Bethesda acquisition helps them. And Gamepass Ultimate is starting out quite strong too.

Out of the gate coming off the PS4 with a strong brand, the PS4 will get off to a flying start. But I don't see Xbox being decimated like it was last gen. If the 7th gen was 50/50 for much of it and 8th gen was 80/20 to Playstation, I think this gen will be 60/40 to Playstation.

It'll be a more interesting gen than last gen. I think PS will do as well, Xbox will have a slow start, but even with what we are calling a slow start has been actually quite healthy, just not a run away success. I'm also interested to see what the Series S brings in in terms of gamers and where it ends up.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HalcyonScarlet

@bluestars said:

the concept of having both consoles is alien to fannyboys HaH

If you mean owning both consoles, I don't see the point to be honest. They have too much in common to spend $500 a piece. I don't think it's been worth owning both brands of consoles since the 6th gen. I couldn't justify buying a PS3 even during the 7th gen, There was only a handful of games different that I wanted to try. I considered it on several occasions.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

Another day, another backfire.

Too funny. :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@i_p_daily: Don’t be to hard on @Hardwenzen. He’s the one who stated ps5 and xsx can’t play 4K games and that you can’t update hardware.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

AKA SCALPERS lol

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@bluestars: unless you're a enthusiast and have a lot of free time, there's no point to spend $1400 for the three consoles. Most people are fine with one gaming machine. 😎

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Why is this a surprise? People age. Every year new young people get their first console. Every year people exit gaming and never buy a console or gaming PC again. Every year younger people whose first console was by Nintendo graduate to one of the others or PC gaming. And what happens every year is amplified in launches.

Grass is green.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen  Online

@Duckyindiana said:

@hardwenzen: You are an idiot and seem to like making yourself look stupid seems you’ve taken over from Protoss

I love how seriously you're taking these forums. People like you are amusing to see 😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen  Online
@sealionact said:

@i_p_daily: Don’t be to hard on @Hardwenzen. He’s the one who stated ps5 and xsx can’t play 4K games and that you can’t update hardware.

Soon, Sony will update its hardware to RDNA3.0, and you will be in big trouble, buddy.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bluestars

@HalcyonScarlet:

a real console gamer would have both...imagine not being able to play the 23 xbox studios games or the sony console exclusives?..if you haven’t got a pot to piss in and can only afford one fair doo’s...but to consciously stick to one system and miss out is mental to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@bluestars: real console gamer LMFAO

This is just sad at this point. 😎

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Duckyindiana

@hardwenzen: And here you are almost nonstop posting utter drivel lol get outside boy

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Duckyindiana said:

@hardwenzen: And here you are almost nonstop posting utter drivel lol get outside boy

To you, everything is utter drivel because you're permanently butthurt about any subject that isn't praising Microsoft. The one that should go outside and get some sun on your skin is you 🙃

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@bluestars: real console gamer LMFAO

This is just sad at this point. 😎

What's especially sad is he doesn't own any current gen console or a PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@NathanDrakeSwag: It doesn't surprise me since he's someone that pathetically ends every post with HaH lol

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I can't believe posters actually believe scalpers opened all 1 million consoles they got and made PSN accounts lol. That's a surprising number though... I figured most PS4 owners would stick to PS5 and Xbox owners to Xbox. Mostly because of the huge digital game library that would transfer over this gen from last gen.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#79  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Or, it might have something to do with the fact that 1 in 4 (or more) have been scalped and people are simply buying them for bragging rights and to say they have the new hottest item.. even if they don't really plan on playing it. I certainly don't feel as though it has a lot to do with people jumping from one console to the other, and if it does there is nothing here to back that idea up.

Gaming is hotter than ever right now and kids in school are cool for playing and talking about games these days. My guess would be there are jumps in all three consoles that are similar to this from kids asking for the consoles and because of scalping.

If more people from other platforms are buying PS5's though that's cool. I hope they also get an XSX and a Switch. They healthier the industry the better as far as I'm concerned.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Yes, 1.5 million people bought one for bragging rights. And even though they won't use it, they created an account for it. Makes sense.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

How many are spammers that are super horny for me?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HalcyonScarlet

@bluestars said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

a real console gamer would have both...imagine not being able to play the 23 xbox studios games or the sony console exclusives?..if you haven’t got a pot to piss in and can only afford one fair doo’s...but to consciously stick to one system and miss out is mental to me.

MS games are cost effective to play through Gamepass on the PC or the Series S. So that's not an issue.

Don't get me wrong, how people decide to spend their money is up to them, but imo it's a waste of money to spend $500 on a console for a handful of games.

Dude before you judge people for not owning all systems, consider how many games people have access to these days.

For example is just my situaltion, everyone has their own. This is what I have access to. The amount of games on the PC is uncountable. Then there's everything Xbox Gamepass Ultimate offers. Then there's everything PS Now offers. Then I have a cupboard full of games for old consoles, most of which I haven't even played yet, got them to collect. I don't have the time to support all systems and games.

If that's not enough games and that makes me not a "real gamer", then I guess I'm not a real gamer. I don't know what to tell you. If this was the 4th, 5th and 6th gen, then I couldn't disagree with you.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: Don't take him seriously. He's like 10 years old and ends all his posts with "HaH"

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@ahrequenomori said:

@WitIsWisdom: Yes, 1.5 million people bought one for bragging rights. And even though they won't use it, they created an account for it. Makes sense.

Yeah.... other than the fact that I gave other reasons as well... it makes perfect sense. I never claimed that every PS5 sold was just for bragging rights, so why even try to quote me and just take one of like 5 different reasons I gave? However, yes, I do believe a good part of it is likely the whole Wii catch lightning in a bottle scenario and they are selling consoles to people who normally wouldn't get one. Some obvious reasons are the scamdemic and people staying at home more among many others.

I said 1. Scalpers 2. People buying them from scalpers for bragging rights (which for whatever reason is the only thing you picked up on) 3. I said gaming is more popular than ever, and kids are asking for consoles that haven't ever owned one. 4. I said there is no data to back up that people moved from one console to the other. 5. I said there were likely jumps in all 3 consoles for the reasons above as well...

Also... just for a little more context I didn't mean they would buy them and never take them out of the box.. by never playing them I meant hooking them up, creating an account, and them collecting dust. Yes.. that is a thing people do. Again, just for the record I am not saying that every extra console sold to people who didn't already have accounts fall into these categories, but I'm sure a large portion of them do...

Seems like a strange post to target, but you do you.

Oh, and for the record I have a PS5, but I don't meet the other criteria.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ahrequenomori: Where are you pulling the 6 million from? Other than the obvious place of course.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

You won't teach me anything, you don't even own a next gen console 🥱

Oh shit!

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By rmpumper  Online
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@ahrequenomori said:

@Juub1990: So they stop being available on PS?

One could think that is the case looking at some of the crying cows.

@SUD123456 said:

Why is this a surprise? People age. Every year new young people get their first console. Every year people exit gaming and never buy a console or gaming PC again. Every year younger people whose first console was by Nintendo graduate to one of the others or PC gaming. And what happens every year is amplified in launches.

Grass is green.

^ What he said.

Why must it be migrating lems? OP, you do understand that every console a new generation of gamers also grow up and get their first hardware, right?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bluestars

@wonderwinner:

you just got the one system kid?..emotional feelings towards it?

bless

hah

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Bluestars

@HalcyonScarlet:

like you said.you dont see the point in owning multiple consoles..and like i said if you can afford it....get both and get all the games...you’ll see in cows reaction why having both matters when xbox new 7.5 billion studios announce exclusivity....

HaH

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Bluestars

@NathanDrakeSwag:

oh the irony

hah

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

And why would xbox fans suddenly jump ship at the start of this generation? For the haptic feedback controller? Fomo created by the eBay scalper fiasco producing a larger demand for the product than it should be?

Both systems have absolutely no games worth owning as of yet. At least the Series X has Gamepass. At least they can play some games at the moment other than a remake from 2011 and a 4 hour DLC. So, I'll ask again... Why exactly would they jump ship?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@bluestars: I have all consoles and a beefy pc, you're just a sad user with one last gen xbox lmfao 😎

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Bluestars

@wonderwinner:

of course you do kid.

HaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@bluestars: you won't see me shitting on any platform here, because I own all them and love them, kid, unlike you that have feelings and loyalty towards the xbox.

😎

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan has said that a quarter of PlayStation 5 owners never owned a PlayStation 4.Ryan made the statement in interviews with GQ and The Washington Post to promote the announcement of PlayStation VR 2 and talk about the state of the PlayStation 5 in 2021.

"One in four of those who have bought a PlayStation 5 do not have a PS4 [...] So it’s really nice that we’re able to bring in people from outside," Ryan told GQ. This suggests that PlayStation has managed to bring a lot of new players into its ecosystem with its next-gen launch, or at least take in a lot of players who may have chosen other consoles or stuck with PC in previous generations.

For some context, the PlayStation 5 shipped 4.5 million units in 2020, matching the launch run of the PlayStation 4 back in 2013. Demand is still outstripping supply for the console, and Ryan told GQ that Sony is "working as hard as we possibly can" to remedy the situation, noting the semiconductor shortage and entirely-online distribution as considerations that are holding back production.

This is all part of a major news blast from Sony, as the company revealed PlayStation VR 2 earlier today, and announced in Ryan's GQ interview that more PlayStation exclusives will be coming to PC, reportedly starting with Days Gone in the Spring. Elsewhere in the same interview, we learned that Gran Turismo 7 is being pushed back to 2022.

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-boss-says-one-in-four-ps5-owners-didnt-own-a-ps4

I wouldn't blame those lems. After all the flops that came out for the xb last gen, I would of jumped out of airplane with no parachute just to buy a PS5.

Why do you think they were XBox owners? They could be first time gamers, former Sheep, or PC gamers who picked PS.

Given the success of the XSX, I doubt it's a whole lot of XBox converts.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts
@Random_Matt said:

This gen will be like last, who honestly thought it would not?

I couldn't disagree more. I think this gen will be like the 360 vs PS3. When MS has all those first party games that cannot be played on a Playstation, then we'll see what's what. Games like Elder Scrolls 6, Doom, Fallout 5, Halo, etc.; plus what is in the works from Double Fine, Obsidian, Playground, and inXile, will really give the XSX a boost, IMO, and could easily make MS the winner.

Even if MS does not "win" this gen, I cannot see a path where PS5 dominates like the PS4 did last gen.

Remember: In 2005, all the cows were saying "I'll wait for PlayStation" and were oh-so-confident the PS3 would crush the XBox 360. That... didn't work out too well for Sony and the cows. Before this gen, lems were confident the success of the 360 would carry on to the XBox One, and MS would drive Sony out of the market. That... didn't work out too well for MS or the lems.

History can, and often does, repeat itself. That being said, you can rarely tell what is going to happen in a new console generation by what happened in the previous generation.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Switch has even crazier numbers, probably 9/10 Switch owners didn't own a Wii U.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@bluestars: It's so cute when you try to pretend you aren't a lem lol.

HaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021

@theam0g: some of them might want to play ps4 exclusives and thought their time with the xbox one wasn't worth it? There are several reasons why they'd jump ship. I'm having a hard time justifying keeping gamepass as of now it lacks games I haven't played elsewhere. MS need to step their game up to make GP seem appealing. Lots of the games I already played on ps and pc before... The xsx is a very good machine and Ms needs to support it better.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

The whole premise of this thread makes no sense. I know we have low standards on SW, but this thread is just crap. Lems would be the last ones to buy a PS5.

Don't overestimate the PS5. It has very little to offer, for now at least. If I were new to Sony's consoles I would just buy a PS4 instead and get much better value for my money.

Last gen it made sense that people who never owned a PS3 would buy a PS4, since it got off to a much better start (hi Don Mattrick) . I was one of them. But it ain't happening this gen.

I don't know what has happened to cows lately. Maybe they are still in meltdown mode after the Medium, or maybe they are starting to realize that the win over Xbox won't be so easy this gen. Hey, if you want the PS5 to be this omnipotent console at least tell Sony to release a new design asap instead of that sandwich tower garbage. And release some more compelling games soon, cos Spiderman and a Souls game ain't much to brag about.