deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Greedfall is going to launch in 2019 later this year at least according to their studio, Spiders. Its from the same makers who made Technomancer. Their style is similar to Bioware games but I don't know if they took their inspiration from them. They came a long way since their first release of their teaser trailer.

This is their trailer from 2017

Another trailer but from 2018

They came a long way from 2017 and 2018 and I bet its going to look much better in E3 2019. Is not confirmed they are going to attend E3 2019 but I'm positive they are going to attend.

Look, Spiders already gave out some info about the game.

• The Congregation of Merchants: A trading Nation ruled by prince merchants. They use their vast riches to gather power and increase their wealth.
  • The Bridge Alliance: Always seeking to learn more about the world and those around them, this nation believes science can explain everything and knowledge is power.
  • The Coin Guard: The main guild of mercenaries on the old continent. Military companies, bodyguards, paid assassins, combat instructors… they are hired by all the nations and important persons for their combat skills.
  • Thélème: A nation where magic users represent both religious and political power. Their mission is to preach the good word and convert the Islanders to their monotheist religion.
  • The Nauts: The only guild of navigators that can cross the high sea. They prosper thanks to their travels, helping other factions to cross the waves.
  • Islanders/Teer Fradean (Yecht Fradí in native language): They are native to the island of Teer Fradee. They are not a united faction, but all of them live in harmony with Nature, which they consider sacred. Some of them seem to have an even deeper, physical link to their environment, able to use elemental magic or to call for creatures. With colonization of the island underway, they must choose to be friend or foe to the new arrivals.

They have companions in their games, see, similar to bioware games. One of their companions looks oddly similar to another character from a different game.

Comparison:

Left: Greedfall Right: The Outer Worlds

So, what you think SW?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

I almost forgot this game is coming soon. I was under the impression that the forest girl was the main character, because the man's actions were more villainous than heroic.

Well, we'll see. Spiders is an interesting developer team for me. They aren't the most talented out there, but they do have a lot of passion for what they do. Plus, their engine is quite good for working with such low budgets. Hope Greedfall is good and I like the idea of the settings based on the Revolutionary War with Fantasy mix to it as well.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

Its an RPG. and RPG by smaller developer. RPG already have bad gameplay but with smaller developer. expect even worse gameplay.

not interested.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Hahahahaha, Technomancer. I wouldn't expect much, to be honest.