LittleBigPlanet confirmed to have enemies, can also make your own?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/07/27/littlebigplanet-does-in-fact-have-enemies-and-bosses/

"In an oft rumored but never confirmed way, we had expected LittleBigPlanet had more under its hood than character and level creation/sharing/playing. In an EGM interview with Media Molecule, it has finally been confirmed that getting in your way across the levels will be enemy creatures and sometimes big bosses.

Said senior producer Pete Wilson: "They will range from little robots that simply roam from left to right to spectacularly complex beasts that pose quite a challenge. We've recently built this big, huge giant, and, as with other objects in the game, he's composed entirely of materials that you wouldn't expect. He's quite intimidating, and shows the possibility of what designers can create."

Creating our own enemies? Talk about awesome. Expect us to create a MegaMan level for you -- little enemies, then a boss. Or perhaps a Dr. Wily ****room with teleporters leading to all 8 bosses in the game! Well, who knows how many, but you get the idea. More possibilities to consider on top of the already endless list."

Can't wait :o

marioblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marioblah
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts
Probbly, considering LBP is all about creativity
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
Very Awesome news. :)
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Wow... LittleBigPlanet is sounding pretty cool.
GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoldenEye005
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
I have already taught of the type of game iam going to create. Wont tell you all because of copyright reasons sorry but its a good one.
Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
Nice. :D
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'd sure hope it has enemies... :|
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
I will recreate Bonk's Big Adventure in LBP.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Awesome. But do you actually get to make them? It would be so awesome if you could just piece things together, mark the limbs and joints, then slap an AI on it and have it try to kill you.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

That would take some programming wizardry. To have pre-installed AI responses to figures that don't even exist within the context of the game and still make it challenging, based on certain aspects or traits of the created enemy? Is that possible? Kudos, if it can be pulled off.

BTW, I've not heard any mention of a single player campaign in LBP, but I'm assuming there is one based on developer comments. Can anyone verify this for certain?

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

That would take some programming wizardry. To have pre-installed AI responses to figures that don't even exist within the context of the game and still make it challenging, based on certain aspects or traits of the created enemy? Is that possible? Kudos, if it can be pulled off.

BTW, I've not heard any mention of a single player campaign in LBP, but I'm assuming there is one based on developer comments. Can anyone verify this for certain?

Basinboy

Yes, the game will come packed with a ton of pre made levels. You have to go through those levels to collect more items to use in making your own levels. You will have some default items to make levels with at the start of the game, but you get more items to use when you go through the pre made levels.

no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

Basinboy

It's not that kind of game.

marioblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marioblah
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts
[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

no_submission

It's not that kind of game.

There is one. In the Gamespot interview, they said they are creating a huge single player campaign. They didn't comfirm if there was a story though

Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
I'm making a Gears of War level. DON'T COPY ME, I WILL STALK YOU DOWN