little big planet 2 is the best exclusive ive ever played

This topic is locked from further discussion.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

this game is amazing, i never gave it a chance until now and man......this is good enough to get a system for alone....you never get bored with it im suprised, very....great game

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Agreed, its too good especially when you go trophy hunting

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that. I really and truly am.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
Rented it, and returned it very quickly. I got bored with it after an hour.
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

DarkLink77

Do I have to ask....jelly?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

TheMoreYouOwn

Why would I be jealous of a level editor? I got a better one with my copy of StarCraft II.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

It´s the only exclusive you´ve ever played,right? :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Are the controls any better then the first one? Creative is fun, floaty ass platforming less so :P
milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

I bought it and I really regret it. It's a fun distraction but I can't imagine anyone playing this game after a few hours.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I didn't enjoy it so much.

I rented it and sent it back the same day. I don't know why I bothered really. I bought the first game when it was budget price and thought it was rubbish (Stephen Fry being the saving grace - of course).

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
Not sure why this game gets so much hate from the lemmings. Guess it doesn't have enough blood or something. Not many games score like LBP 2 Critic reviews 9.2 1000+ user reviews 9.2 Personally we got it about two weeks ago, kind've stinks because PSN was down, but we had a blast on the campaign. Also have had a lot of fun just designing levels to kill each other on. If you have friends this is hands down one of the best games. I'm playing Witcher 2 right now, but really looking forward to going online with it.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Its certainly a great level editor...
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
i bought both lbps. and havent really enjoyed either lol its not reall too fun. co-op is alright tho. its a trippy game to play tho while doing u know what
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

Not sure why this game gets so much hate from the lemmings. Guess it doesn't have enough blood or something. Not many games score like LBP 2 Critic reviews 9.2 1000+ user reviews 9.2 Personally we got it about two weeks ago, kind've stinks because PSN was down, but we had a blast on the campaign. Also have had a lot of fun just designing levels to kill each other on. If you have friends this is hands down one of the best games. I'm playing Witcher 2 right now, but really looking forward to going online with it.EmperorSupreme

I thought I saw a vid recently where some one made a fps in lbp 2. Might draw in some lems.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
It's definitely not the best exclusive even on the PS3 for me but I think it's a great game, I'll probably get it later on this year.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

I rented it and sent it back the same day. I don't know why I bothered really. I bought the first game when it was budget price and thought it was rubbish (Stephen Fry being the saving grace - of course).

dommeus
your blog made me lol
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="dommeus"]

coltgames
your blog made me lol

Yeah that was pretty funny! Any LBP player has had a similiar experience, but a lot of it's just in good fun. People will sometimes spend an hour on a level together not even trying to beat it but just messing with each other. You can actually meet a lot of fun people playing LBP.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

[QUOTE="coltgames"][QUOTE="dommeus"]

EmperorSupreme

your blog made me lol

Yeah that was pretty funny! Any LBP player has had a similiar experience, but a lot of it's just in good fun. People will sometimes spend an hour on a level together not even trying to beat it but just messing with each other. You can actually meet a lot of fun people playing LBP.

ive actually met alot of girl gamers on there

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]Not sure why this game gets so much hate from the lemmings. Guess it doesn't have enough blood or something. Not many games score like LBP 2 Critic reviews 9.2 1000+ user reviews 9.2 Personally we got it about two weeks ago, kind've stinks because PSN was down, but we had a blast on the campaign. Also have had a lot of fun just designing levels to kill each other on. If you have friends this is hands down one of the best games. I'm playing Witcher 2 right now, but really looking forward to going online with it.TheMoreYouOwn

I thought I saw a vid recently where some one made a fps in lbp 2. Might draw in some lems.

Yeah, that shooter that looked worse than the worst shovelware shooters out there. No need to get hurt. You have to live with the fact that not everybody who dislikes LBP is a lemming. I own the first game and played it like twice with my girlfriend. I will probably still get the 2nd one when it's really cheap to fool around a little but it's nothing I'm too excited about.
SummerHillard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SummerHillard
Member since 2011 • 414 Posts

The platformer that puts Super Mario Galaxy to shame.

Galaxy may have innovative and addicting gameplay/levels, but beyond that? Typical lame, non-existent story and last-gen graphics.

On the other hand, LittleBigPlanet (as well as games like Uncharted 2, God of War III, and Heavy Rain) is living proof of why Sony Computer Entertainment is now the real source of QUALITY in the gaming industry. Nintendo's so-called "quality assurance" can't compare.

LittleBigPlanet's visuals are unparalleled ... the sheer texture, levels of depth, attention to shading, and the miniscule detail of every object in every single stage is absolutely mind-blowing.

Each level is like someone created an actual set of objects out of clay or something ... and thenfilmed it all using an HD camera.

And the non-rigid, physics-based gameplay is ... just ... wow. Talk about completely and utterly ahead of its time. One critic said it was the "future and past of gaming all rolled into one." Perfect way to describe it.

And the fact that Sackboy and his pals are all chameleons basically and can emulate nearly any character from the world of entertainment (gaming, movies, TV) is simply icing on the damn cake.

Further proof that PlayStation is where it starts AND where it ends. The end-all, be-all of gaming.

mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mellodude12
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts
Little big planet 2 was tons of pure fun. It captures the awesome-ness of an old school Mario. Sitting around with your friends and just having fun. I really loved this game. Just pure light hearted fun. Not the best sony exclusive(because Sony has so many amazing games and developers the competition is stiff)but a damn fine game better then 90% of the garbage that M$ spews. This thread reeks of M$ fanboyism I guess M$ fanboys can't relate because its not a FPS and doesn't have tons of blood. Or maybe they jelly because they have nothing like this on the 360
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#24 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best platformer and exclusive this gen in my opinion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#25 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Haven't played it, can't say.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#26 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I liked the original Little Big Planet a lot better. I never really got into creating levels in LBP and played both games mainly for the co-operative campaign, and I liked LBP when it stuck mostly to platforming and didn't try to mix all these minigames in with it.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="coltgames"] your blog made me lolcoltgames

ive actually met alot of girl gamers on there

Is it a girly game??

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Not sure why this game gets so much hate from the lemmings. Guess it doesn't have enough blood or something. Not many games score like LBP 2 Critic reviews 9.2 1000+ user reviews 9.2EmperorSupreme

So much hate? Compared to other games, it barely gets any hate. Especially compared to the bashing that some 360 exclusives get from cows.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
It's my GOTY by far ... It's simply perfect.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I still didn't really like it. It is miles better than the first game but it still feels like there is just something missing whenever I'm playing it.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Not my cup, but glad PS3 has some high quality games that appeal to diffrent audiences. Everyone can't like the same type of game but Im glad that sony creates,markets and supportsgames indiffrent geners that aren'tgeared toward the more main streamaudience, yet aren't deminished in quality for those fans either.

SpeedsterCards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SpeedsterCards
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts
lbp2 is mainly for younger children and girls. not every game that comes out has to be a shooter or adventure game that every fanboy has to say is the best. some games are just meant to be super fun! lbp2 is amazingly fun! especially to my girlfriend, who beat part one and two faster than me. I haven't even played part 2 that much, but she just thinks it is the greatest thing ever! she is 19 and very smart btw
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

For those who are saying the typical "rented it, got bored after 10 mins", etc: did you go online and look for the best levels? Did you try playing the game with a friend on any map?

If not, you're playing the game wrong and severely limiting yourself. Try using common sense when playing games like these otherwise you miss out. Now I haven't played LBP2, but I know about UGC games and these almost always excel when it comes to playing what brilliant people have made.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Rented it, and returned it very quickly. I got bored with it after an hour.Mkavanaugh77
Same for me

i don't see how this is possible. did you guys not know what you were getting into? an hour? seriously?

eh, to each his own i guess.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lazerface216

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Why would I be jealous of a level editor? I got a better one with my copy of StarCraft II.

it's alot more than a level editor and you know it. why even bring starcraft into this? because they both have level editors? besides that, how are they even remotely comparable?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#36 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

lbp2 is mainly for younger children and girls. not every game that comes out has to be a shooter or adventure game that every fanboy has to say is the best. some games are just meant to be super fun! lbp2 is amazingly fun! especially to my girlfriend, who beat part one and two faster than me. I haven't even played part 2 that much, but she just thinks it is the greatest thing ever! she is 19 and very smart btwSpeedsterCards

You make it sound like it is Mario Galaxy...

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lazerface216

lbp2 is mainly for younger children and girls. not every game that comes out has to be a shooter or adventure game that every fanboy has to say is the best. some games are just meant to be super fun! lbp2 is amazingly fun! especially to my girlfriend, who beat part one and two faster than me. I haven't even played part 2 that much, but she just thinks it is the greatest thing ever! she is 19 and very smart btwSpeedsterCards

younger children and girls? i don't think so. i doubt you'll see many children going all out on the level editor. sure many children will love actually playing the levels but you'll also find many different people of different ages enjoying the levels. just because it isn't dark and grim or involve shooting noobs doesn't mean it's mainly for younger children or girls. it has quite a broad audience just like zelda or mario.

of course, my wife does love littlebigplanet but that just means she's got great taste. :)

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

For those who are saying the typical "rented it, got bored after 10 mins", etc: did you go online and look for the best levels? Did you try playing the game with a friend on any map?

If not, you're playing the game wrong and severely limiting yourself. Try using common sense when playing games like these otherwise you miss out. Now I haven't played LBP2, but I know about UGC games and these almost always excel when it comes to playing what brilliant people have made.

mD-

I played a few custom levels, yes. They were pretty good as well. Even tried to make a level. The game however just got old after a while as the charm died off very quickly. I'm not much of a platformer guy myself. But I like the occational ones that fall on my lap like Braid, or LIMBO.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Why would he be jealous? I can download the G.E.C.K for FO:NV and build myself new towns, areas, monsters, perks etc. And as Darklink said, SC II's level editor is far better.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

It is good for some mindless fun and simplistic mini games but I can never play it for long periods of time