List and short summary of X360 RPG's over next 12 months

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

http://rpgsite.net/news/80.html

Have to give Microsoft credit on really given more attention and backing to RPG genre.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

Have to give Microsfot credit on really given more attention and backing to RPG genre.

Danthegamingman
Lost Odyssey! Lost Odyssey! God, TGS can't come soon enough! Come on, Sakaguchi, prove to the nay-sayers that Squeenix doesn't control the fate of JRPGs!
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Thought lemmings didn't care for RPGs? Especially JRPGs... :|

Well nice to see the support for it. This is my kind of genre, well the kind of genre I wanted so much for the next gen "powerful" XBox but it never got any.

Honus722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Honus722
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts

Well nice to see the support for it. This is my kind of genre, well the kind of genre I wanted so much for the next gen "powerful" XBox but it never got any.

yoshi_64

I thought cows didn't care for FPS', but they seem to humping Resistance screenies like crazy.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjarantilla

yoshi_64
I was an old-school sheep long before I was a shemming, and I still remember Sakaguchi's FF games.
TankSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TankSwift
Member since 2004 • 8268 Posts
It's looking pretty cool man 8)
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Lost odyssey and blue dragon are enough reason to get a 360 everything else i dont care.
bman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 bman000
Member since 2006 • 3592 Posts
Goody.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts

2007 looks like a good year for RPG loving 360 owners!

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
(Reads the list.)

Two Worlds sounds like a possible base for a lot of user-made stories, particularly if the supposed editors find their way to the 360 in one form or another.

Already heard about Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

We can probably disregard Far East of Eden Ziria. Not only is it Japan-only, but I hear it wasn't a well-thought-out concept to begin with.

The rest sound like stuff we should keep an eye on as well.
hamiego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hamiego
Member since 2005 • 668 Posts
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"]

Have to give Microsfot credit on really given more attention and backing to RPG genre.

mjarantilla
Lost Odyssey! Lost Odyssey! God, TGS can't come soon enough! Come on, Sakaguchi, prove to the nay-sayers that Squeenix doesn't control the fate of JRPGs!

i know having read the hype, and seen those scans, i am just aching for this game i was hyping it to hell already, but good god it sounds amazing
Derangal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Derangal
Member since 2003 • 13934 Posts

It's a decent list, could be better still...

I remember when all we had to look forward to was Fable and Sudeki. Why isn't Fable 2 on there?

THETRUEDOZAH
Probably because next to nothing is known about it.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Honus722

I thought cows didn't care for FPS', but they seem to humping Resistance screenies like crazy.

Only cows did cared for FPS, that's what Killzone was all about, and it failed miserably, but they did cared.

Lemmings on the other hand though, with the Xbox KotoR> was their default answer to any JRPG the PS2 put out. That's why many posters are now amused.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="Honus722"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Panzer_Zwei

Only cows did cared for FPS, that's what Killzone was all about, and it failed miserably, but they did cared.

Lemmings on the other hand though, with the Xbox KotoR> was their default answer to any JRPG the PS2 put out. That's why many posters are now amused.

That's because KotOR was a seriously great game that was better than most JRPGs the PS2 put out. Now that there are potentially great JRPGs coming out for the 360, it's no surprise lems are pouncing on it. After all, with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, Sakaguchi is trying to break some JRPG stereotypes, and it's the stereotypes that lems really disdain.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Honus722"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

mjarantilla

That's because KotOR was a seriously great game that was better than most JRPGs the PS2 put out. Now that there are potentially great JRPGs coming out for the 360, it's no surprise lems are pouncing on it. After all, with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, Sakaguchi is trying to break some JRPG stereotypes, and it's the stereotypes that lems really disdain.

That was the lemming's point of view. Many JRPGs fans don't like that style though, and like JRPGs like FFX over KotoR.

I doubt  that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon could  flop Killzone style,  knowing who's working on them, but knowing how SW works, if they succed lemmings will probably claim that 360 is the new king of JRPGs and if they fail, they would blame it on the JRPG and keep saying they've always been flops and can't compare to WRPGs.

So in the end it doesn't really matter.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Honus722

they loved killzone don't forget :wink:

Spartanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Spartanx23
Member since 2005 • 1554 Posts

Have to give Microsoft credit on really given more attention and backing to RPG genre.

Danthegamingman

I used to be all about Zelda, and that was the extent of my RPG/action/adventure game fix.

Oblivion turned me into an RPG fan!

Lost Odyssey will turm me into a JRPG fan! 

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
yeah X360 is winning the RPG war thats for sure
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
Cool, my gf's going to be happy with all these RPG's around, I just hope the console can last that long.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

diggyzoom

yeah before it came out, after it came out you didn't hear anything

Kinitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kinitari
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts

Danthegamingman
I am really looking forward to a lot of these games.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"]

Kinitari

Yes it's admirable and overlooked the efford MS is doing in Japan. But it's not without it's bad points.

For me, personally I just can't see myself paying €400 for a 360 when it's around $200 in Japan. I couldn't help but feel ripped off. If the 360 were even €300 for the premium package, I would already have one with a bunch of games.

I mean it's cool they're trying to open up the japanese market, but outside of the UK, the 360 is not hot in Europe, but they still sell it to us at premium price, unlike in Japan.

As soon as modding improves from the ones I've currently seen, I'm so importing one from Japan, with a copy of Dead Rising.

S_o_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 S_o_G
Member since 2003 • 5415 Posts
[QUOTE="Kinitari"][QUOTE="Danthegamingman"]

Panzer_Zwei

Yes it's admirable and overlooked the efford MS is doing in Japan. But it's not without it's bad points.

For me, personally I just can't see myself paying €400 for a 360 when it's around $200 in Japan. I couldn't help but feel ripped off. If the 360 were even €300 for the premium package, I would already have one with a bunch of games.

I mean it's cool they're trying to open up the japanese market, but outside of the UK, the 360 is not hot in Europe, but they still sell it to us at premium price, unlike in Japan.

As soon as modding improves from the ones I've currently seen, I'm so importing one from Japan, with a copy of Dead Rising.

lol k by the time modding gets better it will have dropped in price in america and europe. and as for that its doing much better in europe then it is in japan. Atleast in europe all units availabe at launch and for about 2-3 months after were sold out at all times. and it sells very well right now.
I think last estimates put the 360 sales in europe at over 1 million.

fl34g13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 fl34g13
Member since 2004 • 1446 Posts
Awesome...this is what the orginal Xbox was really lacking in..
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts

They are actually missing a lot of title on their list.  Most notable would probably be Trusty Bell as there are actually some screens and information released. 

Also missing are fable 2, overlord, and cry On.  There isn't much known about Cry On yet but it is tough to over look a title like Fable 2.

lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts
[QUOTE="Kinitari"][QUOTE="Danthegamingman"]

Panzer_Zwei

It's not that they want to lower the price in Japan, it is that they probably literally have thousands of 360's sitting around and going nowhere.  They can try to make $200 off a system or make $0.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Kinitari"][QUOTE="Danthegamingman"]

S_o_G

lol k by the time modding gets better it will have dropped in price in america and europe. and as for that its doing much better in europe then it is in japan. Atleast in europe all units availabe at launch and for about 2-3 months after were sold out at all times. and it sells very well right now.
I think last estimates put the 360 sales in europe at over 1 million.

Modding is already getting better, It shouldn't take too long, there's already copies of every game around. And I honestly never saw a sigle shop sell out on 360. They don't even carry it that much, and still didn't sell out. And the Xbox is the most popular console here as of right now, fetching up prices of €250 and still they can't keep it in stock all the time.

Most Europe reports always seem to come from the UK, but the UK is not the whole of Europe. Even we in France have more population than the UK.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"][QUOTE="Honus722"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

onewiththegame

yeah before it came out, after it came out you didn't hear anything

i loved killzone....

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Well nice to see the support for it. yoshi_64

that's what happens when you generalize.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
That list is awesome. I only had a vague idea of Lost Odyssey before and now it is something to anticipate. So is this LotR RPG by the looks of it.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Well nice to see the support for it. CaseyWegner

that's what happens when you generalize.

Of course not everyone was like that, but it's always the majority that ends counting. I mean, even you can't deny that every time that a notable PS2 JRPG came out a whole bunch of WRPGS vs. JRPGS thread spwaned.

Last time I remember that happening was when KH2 was being released.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

They are actually missing a lot of title on their list. Most notable would probably be Trusty Bell as there are actually some screens and information released.

Also missing are fable 2, overlord, and cry On. There isn't much known about Cry On yet but it is tough to over look a title like Fable 2.

lordseer
It's still unknown whether or not Trusty Bell will come stateside, and information on the others (including Fable 2) is almost nil.
LolaFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LolaFreeman
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts

yoshi_64
thought cows didn't care about Shooters.... But they are moaning and taking up the ass with Resistence and Killzone 2..............
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Honus722

wow good pint officially my post of the day
avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 avenger_dot
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

Danthegamingman

Indeed

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

Panzer_Zwei

Only people who owned the original Xbox own a 360 :| I had a PS2, DC and GC last gen and no Xbox but the 360 is a different story. Original Xbox had no real Capcom support, 360 has Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Resident Evil 5. The Xbox had no Virtua Fighter and very few RPGs. It's about as similar to the original Xbox as the SNES was to the N64.

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Honus722"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Strakha

Only people who owned the original Xbox own a 360 :| I had a PS2, DC and GC last gen and no Xbox but the 360 is a different story. Original Xbox had no real Capcom support, 360 has Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Resident Evil 5. The Xbox had no Virtua Fighter and very few RPGs. It's about as similar to the original Xbox as the SNES was to the N64.

more and more cows are turning to the 360 now so I think its good that MS are trying to cater for them as well

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Mass Effect and Bioshock are the only ones that really interest me...maybe Lost Oddysey.

Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
I hope Lost Odyssey's demo isn't representative of the final build. Every preview I've read blasted the outdated battle system. I would pick up Blue Dragon, though, if (when?) I buy a 360.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
[QUOTE="Strakha"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Honus722"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

boyinfridge

more and more cows are turning to the 360 now so I think its good that MS are trying to cater for them as well

Yeah and for all we know some lemmings have turned cow since Resistance is the best exclusive FPS available and the PS3 is meant to have the most powerful hardware and a Hdd as standard. I would also like to add more games from Rare, achievements and no fat controller as differences.

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 avenger_dot
[QUOTE="boyinfridge"][QUOTE="Strakha"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Honus722"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]

Strakha

Yeah and for all we know some lemmings have turned cow since Resistance is the best exclusive FPS available and the PS3 is meant to have the most powerful hardware and a Hdd as standard. I would also like to add more games from Rare, achievements and no fat controller as differences.

hahahaha Resistance what ? Go play some Gears, what you say simply can't happen

avenger_dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 avenger_dot

I hope Lost Odyssey's demo isn't representative of the final build. Every preview I've read blasted the outdated battle system. I would pick up Blue Dragon, though, if (when?) I buy a 360.Tristam22

Outdated battle system ? Like FF7-8-9-10 have ??? Would you not play those games because they would have "outdated" battle sytem ? And how can you judge the gameplay of a 50 hour game in a 10 minute preview that was out more than a year back and from an even older build ???

How can you call "outdated" a battle sytem we know NOTHING about ?