Like It or Not Wii-U is On Top

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Before fanboys start listing hardware sales quotes, i'm not talking about that......i'm talking.....

GAMES....X1 and PS4 are seriously lacking, the Wii U just hit a huge sales boost with the release of the Wii U Mario Kart bundle, i had to order mine to ship, because all local stores in a 100 mile radius were sold out.

As always every time Nintendo releases a first party title their hardware gets a major sales boost, and as far as i'm concerned, all they have to do at E3 is show game play footage or trailers of a new Zelda, Metroid or Smash Bros and hardware sales will go through the roof again.

What exactly does PS4 and X1 have as major exclusive hits right now? Infamous S.S. and Titanfall ?

Is anyone even still talking about or playing those games.

You guy's have to face it, just as i did, i bought a PS4 too, but there are currently no phenomenal exclusives to play, we're all playing the waiting game until at least October, Nov or 2015, and Nintendo knows this so i'm sure they'll have even more major game announcments at E3.

Sorry X1 and PS4 boys but between their latest software update and exclusives Nintendo has the most to game on right now, which puts them in the lead in my book.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

You've pulled a major u-turn. No pun intended. I'm impressed.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

So, X1 and Ps4 have the multiplats. WiiU has the exclusives.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

People don't seem to get it still. Exclusives have nothing to do with it. If you are primarily a console gamer the wii u would be the last console you want. Sure you get to play Mario kart but you miss out on multiplats or get inferior versions that run not much better than the ps360. Exclusives are great and can be system sellers but EVERYONE plays multiplats. Nintendo didn't understand this and apparently neither do their fans. A wii u makes more sense to someone with a pc. You won't miss out on much. But as a primary console and gaming device most people will choose the PSBone.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@Slimmin360:

You might be able to argue it is on top of the console pile, but my ever expanding Steam and GMG library disagrees with the bulk of your post.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slimmin360

@freedomfreak:

Look at it however you like, look i love every genre of game, but neither PS4 or X1 are providing a great arguement in terms of exclusives to their consoles to make me choose one over the other, but the Wii-U has Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Zelda Windwaker HD, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101......and classic 1st party downloads from the E-Shop.

All that is enough to sway me in Nintendo's direction right now over the X1& PS4.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Indeed, the games are why I picked one up before either the Xbox One or PS4. Then of course there is the fact that it's cheaper, has no bullshit subscriptions for online and has backwards compatibility for all of the great Wii games I missed. It's rare when something exceeds my expectations, but I can say without question that the Wii U with it's funny little name has done just that.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Slimmin360: Even though I wholeheartedly agree...this will not end well.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak  Online
@Slimmin360 said:

Look at it however you like, look i love every genre of game, but neither PS4 or X1 are providing a great arguement in terms of exclusives to their consoles to make me choose one over the other, but the Wii-U has Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Zelda Windwaker HD, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101......and classic 1st party downloads from the E-Shop.

All that is enough to sway me in Nintendo's direction right now over the X1& PS4.

You're right. Not much exclusive stuff to go on for both of those consoles, but you do have to take into account that they're getting a bunch of games that the WiiU is not getting at all.

Not to mention the WiiU has been out for a year longer, so it having more exclusives to offer isn't exactly what I would call a victory. It's supposed to.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

It has better exclusives. It's lacking in game library though. Same as the Wii in it's early days.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Games? Are you telling me that you sheep are ready for more Mario?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

The funny thing is exclusives is all the WiiU has... and don't forget the WiiU has had a year head start, i seem to remember people moaning about lack of games when the WiiU came out...

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

E3 is coming, the games will come too.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Slimmin360

@NFJSupreme said:

People don't seem to get it still. Exclusives have nothing to do with it. If you are primarily a console gamer the wii u would be the last console you want. Sure you get to play Mario kart but you miss out on multiplats or get inferior versions that run not much better than the ps360. Exclusives are great and can be system sellers but EVERYONE plays multiplats. Nintendo didn't understand this and apparently neither do their fans. A wii u makes more sense to someone with a pc. You won't miss out on much. But as a primary console and gaming device most people will choose the PSBone.

People that are content with HD graphics will be satisfied with which ever multiplats Wii-U gets, games like Mass Effect 3, Black Op's 2 and Arkham Origins already look and play great on Wii-U, every bit as good as PS3 or 360 if not better,,,,Now pile on all of Nintendo's legendary 1st party titles and thats enough for most game fans to be swayed to a Wii-U, at least for now.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If I remember correctly, you hyped the OUYA so I can't take anything you say seriously

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Well, its been out a year longer, so it should have more games. Btw, you dont mention all of the amazing Wii U multiplats available. Why is that?

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Slimmin360

@freedomfreak said:

@Slimmin360 said:

You're right. Not much exclusive stuff to go on for both of those consoles, but you do have to take into account that they're getting a bunch of games that the WiiU is not getting at all.

Not to mention the WiiU has been out for a year longer, so it having more exclusives to offer isn't exactly what I would call a victory. It's supposed to.

As always, when each new Nintendo exclusive comes out and hardware sales climb, suddenly you'll hear about those titles that aren't listed as being on the Wii-U will be coming out on Wii-U....Dev's are waiting for the hardware sales jumps to be in full swing before they invest time and money into a Wii-U version....but they will..Call of Duties and Batman Arkham games, as well as Mass Effect made their way to Wii-U and the others will follow eventually.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 locopatho

@Slimmin360 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

People that are content with HD graphics will be satisfied with which ever multiplats Wii-U gets, games like Mass Effect 3, Black Op's 2 and Arkham Origins already look and play great on Wii-U, every bit as good as PS3 or 360 if not better,,,,Now pile on all of Nintendo's legendary 1st party titles and thats enough for most game fans to be swayed to a Wii-U, at least for now.

Gamers aren't swayed by last gen games from years ago that don't even run as well on WiiU. Try again.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Slimmin360

@edwardecl said:

The funny thing is exclusives is all the WiiU has... and don't forget the WiiU has had a year head start, i seem to remember people moaning about lack of games when the WiiU came out...

Of course, it's the same with every new console release, but since the Wii-U has had a years headstart, it is currently the one to goto now for the largest variety of games to play, Yes it might have had a slow start compared to it's superior hardware brethren but slow and steady wins the race and now the Wii-U is hitting it's stride.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak  Online
@Slimmin360 said:

As always, when each new Nintendo exclusive comes out and hardware sales climb, suddenly you'll hear about those titles that aren't listed as being on the Wii-U will be coming out on Wii-U....Dev's are waiting for the hardware sales jumps to be in full swing before they invest time and money into a Wii-U version....but they will..Call of Duties and Batman Arkham games, as well as Mass Effect made their way to Wii-U and the others will follow eventually.

We'll have to wait for that.

And I doubt developers are gonna go out of their way to downgrade upcoming games just to work on WiiU. Cross gen games? Yeah, sure. There will be some.

But don't expect any of the projects being developed for only PC, Ps4, and Xbox One to make their way towards WiiU.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#21 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@locopatho: yet they are about to line up to pay full price for a little bit of paint for a game released last year (The Last of Us, Tomb Raider DE)

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NFJSupreme

@Slimmin360: sales figures don't back up your claims. It's pretty clear what gamers are choosing.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

E3 is coming, the games will come too.

Oh gee, who else was saying that and got laughed at? :roll:

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Slimmin360

@lostrib said:

If I remember correctly, you hyped the OUYA so I can't take anything you say seriously

The OUYA has come out with it's second gen 16gb model and has completley sold out of it as well, and currently plays over 800 games on it's console, so hypothetically even if half those games were complete garbage that still leaves 400 games you can play and try out for free, infact one of the PS4's highest reviewed PSN games Towerfall Ascension, was developed for and debuted on the OUYA.

Thats still a great deal in my opinion, i don't hate on any console regardless of it's hardware power, for people that want to play a variety of games on their TV but can't afford the hardware and software for the big 3, then yeah the OUYA is a great and affordable way to go.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho

@bbkkristian said:

@locopatho: yet they are about to line up to pay full price for a little bit of paint for a game released last year (The Last of Us, Tomb Raider DE)

Some are. Most aren't. Like with the HD collections on PS3, or Resi 4 on Wii, they are "nice to have", they don't particularly count as a reason to buy the console though.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@Slimmin360 said:

We'll have to wait for that.

And I doubt developers are gonna go out of their way to downgrade upcoming games just to work on WiiU. Cross gen games? Yeah, sure. There will be some.

But don't expect any of the projects being developed for only PC, Ps4, and Xbox One to make their way towards WiiU.

/thread

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Slimmin360

@locopatho said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Gamers aren't swayed by last gen games from years ago that don't even run as well on WiiU. Try again.

Call of Duty Ghosts is years ago, don't think so, and the new Skylanders, is that years ago too...nope wrong again.

The Wii-U has current multiplats, maybe none you like but it does have them.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Slimmin360

@bbkkristian said:

EXACTLY !!!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Multiplats these days are getting more and more generic. Love my Wii U.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Thats not important.... Remember to have buttloads of fun ! Thats whats important.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Yeah the Wii U has a decent number of phenomenal games right now and I love it to pieces. At this point it doesn't look like the PS4 or Xbox One are getting anything until at least 2015. Hopefully E3 changes that.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NFJSupreme

@farrell2k: then explain the dismal sales of the wii u. Exclusives don't matter as much as you think. It's the multiplats that everyone plays. Sure some gamers are die hard Nintendo fans but the majority are looking to play big budget AAA games. The numbers don't lie. Psbone are lacking in exclusive content yet they are selling at a much faster pace than the wii u. Why? Because you can play watch dogs at launch, Titanfall on xbone, bf4, soon the Witcher, Destiny, etc etc. Exclusives are grossly overstated on this forum. They matter but they can't carry a console if that console is viewed ad not having multiplats like the wii u. Numbers don't lie.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Ps4 and Xboner have a LOT games that is not on WiiU...

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Nope. Some people see the value in exclusive content, which is why every console manufacturer has its own exclusive IP. Console manufacturers understand that exclusive content is much more important than anything else. I don't give a damn about multiplats that I can play anywhere.

Precisely. Exclusives have always been the reason why I buy a system. If all of the same games were on all the systems, then there would be no reason to own more than one, nor would there be any reason for more than one to even exist. I am beyond happy that the Wii U is not just another PS4 or Xbox One that shares most of the same fucking games. It is an exclusive machine first and foremost and that is it's strength for me.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

The wii u has more exclusives so what. Most of the games are 3rd party.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I agree with you, but it stinks that a lot of the good games out for WiiU right now are platformers- NSMBU, NSLU, 3D World, DK Tropical Freeze, and Rayman Legends. That's 5 platformers.

Then you have Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 as action-strategy games

Windwaker U, which is awesome but not worth the price if you have it for GC already

Mario Kart 8 for racing

ZombiU for fps

and Nintendoland for party

Yes you can get Batman, Assassins Creed, and COD on WiiU as well but those games are gonna be better on the other consoles.

We need more in the non platformer categories, and I really really hope Nintendo realizes this. Smash, X, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda, SMTxFE, and Fatal Frame are all not platformers, which is exciting. And then there's Yarn Yoshi. I'm really really hoping the only Nintendo platformer WiiU gets between now and the end of 2015 is Yarn Yoshi.

If Nintendo comes out at E3 and they show off Mario, Donkey Kong Country, or Kirby for WiiU I'm gonna be a little pissed. What's scary is I'd say there is a good chance of that happening.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Bone and PS4's 2014 exclusive lineup is being pushed to 2015.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@farrell2k: then explain the dismal sales of the wii u. Exclusives don't matter as much as you think. It's the multiplats that everyone plays. Sure some gamers are die hard Nintendo fans but the majority are looking to play big budget AAA games. The numbers don't lie. Psbone are lacking in exclusive content yet they are selling at a much faster pace than the wii u. Why? Because you can play watch dogs at launch, Titanfall on xbone, bf4, soon the Witcher, Destiny, etc etc. Exclusives are grossly overstated on this forum. They matter but they can't carry a console if that console is viewed ad not having multiplats like the wii u. Numbers don't lie.

It wasn't advertised from the getgo, and there was brand confusion. Which led to poor sales, especially of muliplats, which led companies like EA to say see ya later.

I saw PS4 and Xbone commercials on TV many many times everyday around the time they were coming out and the holiday season. That PS4 commercial "oooooo it's such a perfect day, i'm glad i spent it with you" would play twice during many commercial breaks. The consoles sold on advertising which led to hype.

If Nintendo currently still had all the EA sports games, and some multiplats that they missed, but was still never advertised, do you think the sales of it would be millions better?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Ps4 and Xboner have a LOT games that is not on WiiU...

and the Wii U has A LOT of games that aren't on PS4/Xbox One. What's you're point?

I own both a PS4 and Wii U (as well as a gaming PC) and honestly the WIi U has been a much better purchase so far than the PS4. I actually kinda regret getting the PS4. Sure, Infamous was great, but other than that I've had no reason to play it.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

I agree with you, but it stinks that a lot of the good games out for WiiU right now are platformers- NSMBU, NSLU, 3D World, DK Tropical Freeze, and Rayman Legends. That's 5 platformers.

If Nintendo comes out at E3 and they show off Mario, Donkey Kong Country, or Kirby for WiiU I'm gonna be a little pissed. What's scary is I'd say there is a good chance of that happening.

There's actually very little chance of that happening. Mario just released this past November and DKC just released in February.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 no-scope-AK47

On top of what the worst selling console list ???

It is only a matter of time before Nintendo pulls the plug on the wii u. They most likely started working on the wii u 2 or whatever they will call it. I think it will be slightly stronger than the ps4. It will have no hard drive. It will be missing multimedia features. It will have crappy online gaming. It will have crappy 3rd party support. It will have a new controller with a gimmick. It will have mario,zelda,smash.

Basically it will be the same snafu Nintendo has been doing from the n64 days. As long as the same morons are in charge Nintendo will continue to flop.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I honestly can't believe how poorly MS and Sony have handled the X1 and PS4 software lineup thus far. I am sure the games will come soon, and we'll hear some good stuff at e3.. but I can't believe we know so little about the future software as of now when the systems have been out for months.

Its almost like they were so focused on creating the systems and all their marketing tactics that they forgot the fact that they had to make games too.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@drummerdave9099 said:

There's actually very little chance of that happening. Mario just released this past November and DKC just released in February.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if a new star-collecting 3D Mario game gets announced for 2015.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 locopatho

@Slimmin360 said:

@locopatho said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Call of Duty Ghosts is years ago, don't think so, and the new Skylanders, is that years ago too...nope wrong again.

The Wii-U has current multiplats, maybe none you like but it does have them.

Yup agreed, it has some crap ones.

Avatar image for AK_the_Twilight
AK_the_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#47  Edited By AK_the_Twilight
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

It is only a matter of time before Nintendo pulls the plug on the wii u. They most likely started working on the wii u 2 or whatever they will call it. I think it will be slightly stronger than the ps4. It will have no hard drive. It will be missing multimedia features. It will have crappy online gaming. It will have crappy 3rd party support. It will have a new controller with a gimmick. It will have mario,zelda,smash.

Basically it will be the same snafu Nintendo has been doing from the n64 days. As long as the same morons are in charge Nintendo will continue to flop.

Nintendo actually has a lot of exclusives being released this year. That's this year, not next year. Smash Bros. U? This year. Hyrule Warriors? This year. X? This year. Bayonetta 2? Most likely this year. The Order gets delayed, we know nothing about Uncharted 4, Quantum Break is a big mystery, Halo 5 is next year, The Division isn't till 2015, and Arkham Knight gets delayed the same week as Sonic Boom gets a 2014 release confirmation. And it's not like all these 2014 Nintendo exclusives are all they have: a lot of games like Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem are coming next year.

If you want to play PS4 or Xbox One this year, you better like multi-platform games or indie games, because the number of exclusives for those consoles this year is downright paltry. Hell, I'll play those multi-platform and indie games on my PC. When it comes to exclusives, this is Nintendo's year.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45055 Posts

No it's not. It had one year headstart and is already behind the ps4.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

what does wii u have seriously thats worth me buying it? garbage versions of multi plats? nobody online? wii u is dead, all it games are fruity.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@AK_the_Twilight said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Nintendo actually has a lot of exclusives being released this year. That's this year, not next year. Smash Bros. U? This year. Hyrule Warriors? This year. X? This year. Bayonetta 2? Most likely this year. The Order gets delayed, we know nothing about Uncharted 4, Quantum Break is a big mystery, Halo 5 is next year, The Division isn't till 2015, and Arkham Knight gets delayed the same week as Sonic Boom gets a 2014 release confirmation. And it's not like all these 2014 Nintendo exclusives are all they have: a lot of games like Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem are coming next year.

If you want to play PS4 or Xbox One this year, you better like multi-platform games or indie games, because the number of exclusives for those consoles this year is downright paltry. Hell, I'll play those multi-platform and indie games on my PC. When it comes to exclusives, this is Nintendo's year.

The wii u had a 1 year head start. I also have a gaming pc as my primary gaming platform. I also see they have a wii u emulator on pc as well. Face the wii u is cheaper with more exclusives and it is selling like shit. Unless sales pick up this holiday the wii u is dead.