texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

Data was extracted from Captain Spirit files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrangeleaks/comments/8txfuu/lis_2_info_extracted_from_captain_spirit_files/

So, the main protagonists will be a Hispanic teen boy named Sean Diaz with his younger brother Daniel. Captain Spirit Chris seems to be a support character. At the end of the demo, Chris is seen being introduced by the brothers. The story seems to be the boys running away so its going to be a road trip story. Other characters mentioned in the files seems to be Cassidy and a dog.

The game files suggest that there will be split screen co op, or some kind of co op where one can play as Sean and the other as Daniel.

The boys powers seem to be telekinesis and object manipulation, and they were the ones saving Chris from the fall in the end of Captain Spirit. The leak also suggests driving sections and hitchhiking.

There suggests also save import from not only Captain Spirit, but from the original game. It seems the boys will come from Seattle and pass through Arcadia Bay. Files suggest a cameo of Max Caulfield with either Chloe Price or Warren Graham. So it would be a nice epilogue to the first season.

I can see why its $40 instead of $20, this game will be more ambitious and move the genre forward while Telltale and Quantic Dream seems to be stuck in their formula. Add to that expertly crafted storytelling and top notch characterization experience in the past games and LIS 2 will easily be a winner.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

isnt this ipad level game?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

$40? At least tell me it is not episodic releasing.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

The Captain Spirit demo was awesome, as was the first game. I already like it more than the first, imo. Havent played before the storm yet.

I have a personal rule though, that I dont play games like this until all of the episodes are out, because I dont like waiting. I feel like my opinion of Life is Strange would have been different if I hadnt played them all at the same time, and had to wait a month before each episode.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 texasgoldrush

@StrongDeadlift said:

The Captain Spirit demo was awesome, as was the first game. I already like it more than the first, imo. Havent played before the storm yet.

I have a personal rule though, that I dont play games like this until all of the episodes are out, because I dont like waiting. I feel like my opinion of Life is Strange would have been different if I hadnt played them all at the same time, and had to wait a month before each episode.

Yeah, it should not be episodic, that was a mistake. The episodic nature threw off the pacing in Before The Storm for example.

The first game had to be, DONTNOD was bankrupt, but it did not have to make that move this time.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I've played the others with all the episodes released and I'll do the same here. Most of that sounds great Texas, not sure how I feel about a co-op mode, guess I'll wait and see how they incorporate this.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Why is nobody saying this is a movie game? Ah, because it's not a Sony game lmao

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By texasgoldrush

@sailor232 said:

I've played the others with all the episodes released and I'll do the same here. Most of that sounds great Texas, not sure how I feel about a co-op mode, guess I'll wait and see how they incorporate this.

Yeah....and I hope they can let you play as Daniel in single player. I think Sean is the main playable.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@recloud: or because its labeled as a point n class click adventure, not trying to pretend it’s an action game or whatever they label uncharted as these days..

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 texasgoldrush

@recloud said:

Why is nobody saying this is a movie game? Ah, because it's not a Sony game lmao

And I think Sony games have been play it safe, polish over risk and ambition games, as well as relying far too much on cinematic scenes than gameplay.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Hispanic boy, this won't be loaded with politics will it...

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 texasgoldrush

@ten_pints said:

Hispanic boy, this won't be loaded with politics will it...

What if it is? How is that bad?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Nothing you said sounds even remotely ambitious. Are you excited that there will be a dog? Or is it the driving sections? Lulz.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 texasgoldrush

@nethernova said:

Nothing you said sounds even remotely ambitious. Are you excited that there will be a dog? Or is it the driving sections? Lulz.

Co-op in an episodic adventure game? Or how about all those elements put together?