Lies of P trailer - this gen's Bloodborne?

• 63 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45096 Posts

Oh snap, this is scratching the Bloodborne itch right now. Anyone else getting the same vibes? How are we feeling about it at this point? Wait and see?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69431 Posts

I have to play it to tell if it is good but that may just be me.

EDIT: Coming to GamePass day one.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

Everytime I see that name, I'm thinking it says: 'Life of Pi' as I love that movie many years ago. Wish they change the name.

Anyway, I been keeping an eye on this for awhile and so far, it looks great.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Game is looking really good and definitely has my interest. That would be amazing if the rumours prove true about it hitting Game Pass day one. Oh snap! 😎

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2407 Posts

God, I hate gaming. How they just steal off each other without even trying to hide it or adding anything really cool of their own. It's always a FromSoftware clone but worse.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

It looks good ... but it takes a whole lot more than a well put together trailer to be anything close to Bloodborne, still ... let's wait and see.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 madsnakehhh

@warm_gun said:

God, I hate gaming. How they just steal off each other without even trying to hide it. It's always a FromSoftware clone but worse.

You've probably hated the industry since the very beginning then ... companies have been blatantly stealing others ideas for gens now.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Warm_Gun

@madsnakehhh said:
@warm_gun said:

God, I hate gaming. How they just steal off each other without even trying to hide it. It's always a FromSoftware clone but worse.

You've probably hated the industry since the very beginning then ... companies have been blatantly stealing others ideas for gens now.

See my edit. It's fine to steal, but do it with some personality. Make it your own. This is just lazy, uninspired.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38827 Posts

Looks absolutely pathetic. Just like Lords of the Fallen, these developers think the camera angle, melee combat system and rpg mechanics is what makes a Souls game. I see this trailer and all i am seeing is generic looking environment with ugly creatures and shitty combat animations. All these devs need to stop. They're incapable of doing what Fromsoft does, so please go back at making cover shooters. If there is one developer that has a chance of making a real tight Souls-like game, its Capcom, and only Capcom. They know their combat systems, and that's a must if you want to make a Souls like title. I really do hope there's a lot of Souls inspiration in Dragon's Dogma 2 (a souls plus monster hunter mix would be ideal for me).

The only Souls'ish game that i am really looking forward to is Black Myth Wukong, and that's because just like Sekiro, there's a lot of different things going for this game, and its not a direct copy of Fromsoft titles.

Loading Video...

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Warm_Gun
@hardwenzen said:

Looks absolutely pathetic. Just like Lords of the Fallen, these developers think the camera angle, melee combat system and rpg mechanics is what makes a Souls game. I see this trailer and all i am seeing is generic looking environment with ugly creatures and shitty combat animations. All these devs need to stop. They're incapable of doing what Fromsoft does, so please go back at making cover shooters.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Looks cool, but not my type of game.

I dig the "Victorian London" aesthetic, though.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

Definitely a bloodborne vibe, but does it play like it? Looking forward to finding out.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6863 Posts

It looks pretty cool. What else has the developer done though?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7200 Posts

O snap, this looks like it was made by Fromsoft. Gonna try this beast on GamePass.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:

Looks absolutely pathetic. Just like Lords of the Fallen, these developers think the camera angle, melee combat system and rpg mechanics is what makes a Souls game. I see this trailer and all i am seeing is generic looking environment with ugly creatures and shitty combat animations. All these devs need to stop. They're incapable of doing what Fromsoft does, so please go back at making cover shooters. If there is one developer that has a chance of making a real tight Souls-like game, its Capcom, and only Capcom. They know their combat systems, and that's a must if you want to make a Souls like title. I really do hope there's a lot of Souls inspiration in Dragon's Dogma 2 (a souls plus monster hunter mix would be ideal for me).

The only Souls'ish game that i am really looking forward to is Black Myth Wukong, and that's because just like Sekiro, there's a lot of different things going for this game, and its not a direct copy of Fromsoft titles.

Loading Video...

That looks more God of War then Souls to me.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:

I have to play it to tell if it is good but that may just be me.

EDIT: Coming to GamePass day one.

Good call out, but that also has me worried a little bit now lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

It does look like GoW as well. This dev said that GoW2018 and Sekiro were their main inspiration for the game.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

They can copy Bloodborne's style, but will it have From's signature level design and atmosphere + world building?

FromSoft games aren't just hard, their games are well thought out and not a lot of devs can capture that feel with their "souls clones".

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic

@davillain said:

Everytime I see that name, I'm thinking it says: 'Life of Pi' as I love that movie many years ago. Wish they change the name.

Anyway, I been keeping an eye on this for awhile and so far, it looks great.

Lol, thought of that movie too. Kept reminding myself not to type it that way.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69431 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Good call out, but that also has me worried a little bit now lol.

Just buy it for the PS5 and tell yourself it is exclusive.😎

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Dude, I been following Black Myth game for so long, it looks nothing like God of War at all. Come on man, this is how you do justice to Journey to the West and unlike Enslaved game that failed to do so. Its Sekiro meets Journey to the West.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

"Mom, can we get Bloodborne?"

"No we already have Bloodborne at home."

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silentchief

@davillain said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Dude, I been following Black Myth game for so long, it looks nothing like God of War at all. Come on man, this is how you do justice to Journey to the West and unlike Enslaved game that failed to do so. Its Sekiro meets Journey to the West.

Well journey to the west had alot in common with God of War 🤣🤣.

I didn't mean it in a negative way. I think the game looks outstanding and God of War is one of my favorites.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator

@silentchief: I can dig it😉

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@warm_gun said:

God, I hate gaming. How they just steal off each other without even trying to hide it or adding anything really cool of their own. It's always a FromSoftware clone but worse.

Modern gaming is 95 percent trash nobody takes risks anymore it's boring AF.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Hope not Bloodborne was shit

Imo

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3021 Posts

Hard pass. "Lies of P" sounds so stupid...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#30 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@hardwenzen: Don't forget Nioh from Team Ninja.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

The fact it's day one Gamepass means it's likely garbage.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46254 Posts

As long as Gepeto and Jiminy make an appearance, it's fine by me.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

Gonna be another 7/10 average game like Thymesia I guess.

Only From can truly do the From formula.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

The cinematics gave me Dishonored/Resident Evil vibes. The gameplay, which looks very nice, gives me the impression of Final Fantasy. I've never been a fan of mechanized enemies either, so that's a little bit of a turn off. They're just not scary to me. :/ A minor nitpick, but otherwise the game looks great graphically, and in combat. It's not something I would pay full price for though. New-gen only?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12945 Posts

This game looks absolutely amazing. But, luckily, nothing like Bloodborne. I cannot WAIT for this game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44056 Posts

@x_hedon said:

This game looks absolutely amazing. But, luckily, nothing like Bloodborne. I cannot WAIT for this game.

Hmm well now, if that parts true I may have just became interested in the game. ;)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:
@x_hedon said:

Hmm well now, if that parts true I may have just became interested in the game. ;)

Well, the game is FREE on Game Pass. When might you ask?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44056 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@SecretPolice said:
@x_hedon said:

Well, the game is FREE on Game Pass. When might you ask?

:D

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidGame_basic

@Syn_Valence said:

The fact it's day one Gamepass means it's likely garbage.

It is concerning.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By madsnakehhh
@warm_gun said:
@madsnakehhh said:
@warm_gun said:

See my edit. It's fine to steal, but do it with some personality. Make it your own. This is just lazy, uninspired.

Agreed, many great games and franchises started as copycats but they added their own ideas and features and that's cool, that helped to evolve their genres.

With that being said, i don't think is all that fair to call this game lazy. Yes, it's taken a huge, huge inspiration from Bloodborne, but we don't really know how the game will be in the end, and even if they decide to copy everything, if the game ends up being fun to play ... i don't see why would that be bad, i mean not everything needs to re invent the wheel and with the lack of a proper Bloodborne 2, this could be fine.

Now, also and like i said, it takes a lot more than just a good atmosphere and a fancy trailer in order to be Bloodborne, is all about the level design, the combat, the enemies, etc, etc. But still, I think is way too early to judge this game.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: It'll be on game pass, so I'll give it a try.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen

@Jag85 said:

I didn't, and outside of its combat system, its a 6/10 game. Running from point A to B, and the beginning the next mission from point B to A (and you do this throughout the whole game, not a mission or two), in a generic looking level that looks brown is not too hot. Its also funny how they increase the difficulty by simply including new annoying enemies that mostly have ranged attacks. They did the same with Ninja Gaiden when increasing the difficulty. When you think about it, what was actually great in Nioh? The level design was garbage, and extremely repetitive. The enemies design and variation was bleh. The loot system was a shitshow that has no place in an action game like Nioh. The bosses were difficult, but very repetitive looking and i don't recall of a single one that was half impressive or memorable. Its like, the more time goes by, the more i am beginning to think that when i enjoyed Nioh, it was just hype, and after buying Nioh2, which is nothing else but Nioh 1.1 (maybe Nioh 1.2 if we're lucky), Team Ninja is kinda shit and are lazy. Their new game will most likely solidify my feelings for the dev.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KvallyX

12 minutes of game play. RIP Elden Ring, we never even knew ya.

Loading Video...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

It's a clear Bloodborne ripoff. But since neither Sony nor Fromsoft seem interested in the Bloodborne IP this is the next best thing. Hope it doesn't suck.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: game looks fantastic, but im not sure it will look anywhere that good on console. We will see.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator

I don't see Sony not interested in a Bloodborne sequel so it looks like Lies of P will have to fill in the void as a spiritual successor. I also didn't know this game will be on Game Pass so chances are, there's nothing to worry about paying full price if it turns out to be a disaster.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidGame_basic

@x_hedon said:

Loading Video...

Wow, it's amazing how much of an imitation of Bloodborne it is lol. The combat looks like it needs some tweaking. It feels like every enemy you hit reacts the same way.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidGame_basic
@davillain said:

I don't see Sony not interested in a Bloodborne sequel so it looks like Lies of P will have to fill in the void as a spiritual successor. I also didn't know this game will be on Game Pass so chances are, there's nothing to worry about paying full price if it turns out to be a disaster.

I think Sony will definitely eventually release a remaster. Right now they're milking Demon's Souls.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:
@x_hedon said:

Loading Video...

Wow, it's amazing how much of an imitation of Bloodborne it is lol. The combat looks like it needs some tweaking. It feels like every enemy you hit reacts the same way.

No BB there 😂 But it's easy to see it's night and day above Elden Ring.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#50 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:

I didn't, and outside of its combat system, its a 6/10 game.

The combat system is what makes the game. You can't just exclude the combat system like that.

Hmm, I wonder what Nioh fan @jg4xchamp thinks of your comments about Nioh?