lez be real hur

This topic is locked from further discussion.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

The strongest console hasn't won since the 16-bit era. What's in it for Sony to release such an expensive system?

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

me no no

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

me no no

psymon100
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Console thats easiest to pirate for always sells the most
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Wait, are we still talking about 2006?

Seriously?

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
You never know. Each generation always brings something new. Who knew before the beginning last gen a Nintendo console would lose to a Microsoft console? Who knew before the beginning of this gen that a Sony console would lose to a Nintendo console?
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

Are we really complaining about Sony doing what we actually want them to do?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkLink77
Console thats easiest to pirate for always sells the mostLed_poison
Then why hasn't the PSP outsold the DS? Why did the Dreamcast fail? Yeah, yeah, it's a handheld and that's last gen, but the principle should be pretty universal if it's true.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 percech

Seriously?

DarkLink77
bruh we talkin bout that and the rumours for PS4
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Seriously?

percech

bruh we talkin bout that and the rumours for PS4

The rumors for the PS4 range from "It's gonna be pretty weak" to "It will be an unstoppable Godmachine that will cost $10,000 and if you link enough of them together through the internet they become self-aware."

So... yeah. We don't know what we don't know.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Seriously?

percech
bruh we talkin bout dat and da rumas fo da PSfo

fixed
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

15strong

this. I am completely satisfied with the Wii U, but hermits have been b!tching about consoles holding back PC forever. Now people are B!tching because Sony is going to go overboard again, forcing microsoft to do the same, and provide us with awesome consoles? WTF?

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
#realtalk
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

[QUOTE="Led_poison"]Console thats easiest to pirate for always sells the mostDarkLink77
Then why hasn't the PSP outsold the DS? Why did the Dreamcast fail? Yeah, yeah, it's a handheld and that's last gen, but the principle should be pretty universal if it's true.

Cause the DS is a lot easier to pirate for. Sony atleast has you to force download firmware to play certain games.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 percech

[QUOTE="15strong"]

Jonwh18

this. I am completely satisfied with the Wii U, but hermits have been b!tching about consoles holding back PC forever. Now people are B!tching because Sony is going to go overboard again, forcing microsoft to do the same, and provide us with awesome consoles? WTF?

That's not going to force MS to do anything. Sony is just digging their own grave if they plan to release another powerful system.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

It's wrong to think the most popular consoles are selling because they have weak hardware.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Led_poison"]Console thats easiest to pirate for always sells the mostLed_poison

Cause the DS is a lot easier to pirate for. Sony atleast has you to force download firmware to play certain games.

but you can hack any PSP that has a memory card now. you need a special cartrige to pirate DS games.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

percech

That's not going to force MS to do anything. Sony is just digging their own grave if they plan to release another powerful system.

And why not? The xbox was most powerful. The 360 tied with the PS3. Why would M$ go weaker this gen?

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 percech

It's wrong to think the most popular consoles are selling because they have weak hardware.

Ly_the_Fairy
Weaker hardware not only means lower pricetag but also less costly to produce.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] this. I am completely satisfied with the Wii U, but hermits have been b!tching about consoles holding back PC forever. Now people are B!tching because Sony is going to go overboard again, forcing microsoft to do the same, and provide us with awesome consoles? WTF?

Jonwh18

And why not? The xbox was most powerful. The 360 tied with the PS3. Why would M$ go weaker this gen?

because MS didn't start profiting from their Xbox division till recently?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
preemptive damage control.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="percech"] That's not going to force MS to do anything. Sony is just digging their own grave if they plan to release another powerful system.percech

Microsoft and Sony make their money by moving software and licensing not hardware sales.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 percech
preemptive damage control. campzor
This post is gonna be very rare once you're extinct.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] And why not? The xbox was most powerful. The 360 tied with the PS3. Why would M$ go weaker this gen?

Jonwh18

Microsoft and Sony make their money by moving software and licensing not hardware sales.

So I guess they should just release hardware for the hell of it.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="percech"] because MS didn't start profiting from their Xbox division till recently?percech

So I guess they should just release hardware for the hell of it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I don't really care. This is straight up how it is accept it or don't. Not my problem

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

percech

Weaker hardware not only means lower pricetag but also less costly to produce.

But the PS1 was the same price as the N64, and the PS2 was the same price as the Xbox, and more expensive than the Gamecube and Dreamcast

It's mostly coincidence that Nintendo and Sega proved to be terrible competitors in the late 90's, and early 2000's.

Sega released the Saturn coming off their terrible Genesis upgrades that killed their brand power, and Nintendo didn't have a CD drive which meant 3rd party developers abandoned them for Sony. That was way more crucial to the PS1 success than hardware power.

Then the Dreamcast launched, and got killed off by a combination of piracy, and EA not supporting it, and the Gamecube launched with an inferior format (after the PS2 was already on market) that again killed hope for the Gamecube getting third party support.

The PS2 won because of the DVD player, and getting massive titles like Gran Turismo, and GTA.

Sadly the Xbox shipped too late to really compete, but regardless the Xbox managed to rake in some legit 3rd party support from western developers. Sadly it didn't have the likes of GTA for a couple years after the PS2 launch, and GTA was responsible for tens of millions of PS2's sold.

It's not simply a price, or hardware thing. There are way more factors that go into the success of a system than that.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Im waiting for info on the ps5.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#28 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I don't mind them going for more power. Prettier looking games is always a nice bonus. I just hope Sony doesn't kill themselves in the process.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarkLink77

I don't mind them going for more power. Prettier looking games is always a nice bonus. I just hope Sony doesn't kill themselves in the process.

Master_ShakeXXX
They're already dead as we know them, for all intents and purposes, Shake. It's just a matter of time before they declare bankruptcy because no one at that company has the will to cut out the cancer that is losing them money hand over fist (their TV business). Same thing happened to GM, and it's so obvious here. The only thing that remains is to see how they restructure post-bankruptcy.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#30 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

DarkLink77

They're already dead as we know them, for all intents and purposes, Shake. It's just a matter of time before they declare bankruptcy because no one at that company has the will to cut out the cancer that is losing them money hand over fist (their TV business). Same thing happened to GM, and it's so obvious here. The only thing that remains is to see how they restructure post-bankruptcy.

'Tis true. I guess part of me is still holding out for a miracle and they make a comeback.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

'Tis true. I guess part of me is still holding out for a miracle and they make a comeback.

They might. After they declare bankruptcy. As it it, they're going to post a 5 billion dollar loss this year. But the idea that Kaz and his guys have that they can save the company without aggressively restructuring it and cutting off pieces to save the whole is dumb. The time that they could do that is long past. If they want to save the company, they'd have to take really unpleasant and aggressive steps. But nobody wants to do that.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

DarkLink77

They still make really good quality TV's. The best, build quality wise.

They shouldn't cut out anything else I think, they just need to stop relying on their brand name alone to sell things, for now.

But I guess it's probably too late for that, yeah...

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

The strongest console hasn't won since the 16-bit era. What's in it for Sony to release such an expensive system?

percech

3pcwo2.jpg

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
#realtalkBadosh
:lol:
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 percech

[QUOTE="percech"]

I_AM_MEGATRON

3pcwo2.jpg

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

DarkLink77

This, Sony needs to suck up their goddam pride and kill their TV market,( or do something drastic) it's going to hurt but it's no longer bleeding them money it's gushing all over the floor.