Lets take a trip back to 2006

• 170 results
#151 Edited by tormentos (26719 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@darkangel115: I think the reason is that Sony fans expected the PS3 to crush the 360; given how the previous generation went. They are still upset that didn't happen. So, they are making a huge deal over this gen (even though it is only 6 months old) as some sort of weird "payback".

Good thread, btw. I had forgotten about a lot of that stuff.

wow if people were really holding a grudge for 8+ years over a gaming console, that is pretty dam sad. I think these people need professional help more then a gaming console.

and thanks! I thought i'd give a throwback to the last gen launch

Lets see MS took one of the worse one sided beatings ever vs the xbox,lemmings didn't care about sales then,as soon as the xbox 360 started outselling the PS3 they were interested in sales.

Not only that have you forgot the countless sales threads mocking the PS3.? Oh wait how about only US matter and world wide isn't important.?

Oh yeah i forgot you joined in 2013... You were not here..

Is not about some grudge is the hypocrite attitude of lemming who make NDP thread for years and now complain about them...

#152 Posted by asylumni (3113 posts) -
@darkangel115 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@darkangel115: I think the reason is that Sony fans expected the PS3 to crush the 360; given how the previous generation went. They are still upset that didn't happen. So, they are making a huge deal over this gen (even though it is only 6 months old) as some sort of weird "payback".

wow if people were really holding a grudge for 8+ years over a gaming console, that is pretty dam sad. I think these people need professional help more then a gaming console.

I agree. The creator of this thread really needs to let go of all that anger.

#153 Edited by darkangel115 (4449 posts) -

@asylumni said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StormyJoe said:

I can assure you the creator has no anger ;)

#154 Posted by asylumni (3113 posts) -
@darkangel115 said:

@asylumni said:
@darkangel115 said:

I don't know about that. TC made a thread using partial facts (like the $600 launch model, but ignoring the $500 model), fan-boy propaganda (PS3 has no games) and outright lies (Sony said you should get a second job to afford a PS3) all from nearly a decade ago. To me, that screams deeply harbored anger.

#155 Edited by darkangel115 (4449 posts) -

@asylumni said:
@darkangel115 said:

@asylumni said:
@darkangel115 said:

I don't know about that. TC made a thread using partial facts (like the $600 launch model, but ignoring the $500 model), fan-boy propaganda (PS3 has no games) and outright lies (Sony said you should get a second job to afford a PS3) all from nearly a decade ago. To me, that screams deeply harbored anger.

partial facts? i mean yes there was a 500 and 600 dollar model but the 360 also had a 300 and 400 dollar model. i didn't mention the 300 dollar model of the 360 did I? i mean if i wanted to make a partial fact i could have said it was 300 dollars more then the 360 and used the 300 dollar model vs the 600 dollar model. but that wouldn't have really been fair. So instead i took the expensive model of both systems for comparison. I think that was beyond fair w/o going into too much detail

Then the "fanboy propaganda" yes in a way it was, but it still hold true that it really didn't have much offering in the games department.

Then the lies? oh really?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-General/So-Who-s-got-a-second-job/td-p/552478

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

Yes they did say it. flat out "we want people to want to work more hours to afford one"

So no it doesn't scream anger, its just pointing out a simple lesson in history. because if you don't learn history, your doomed to repeat it ;)

#156 Posted by asylumni (3113 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@asylumni said:
@darkangel115 said:

@asylumni said:
@darkangel115 said:

partial facts? i mean yes there was a 500 and 600 dollar model but the 360 also had a 300 and 400 dollar model. i didn't mention the 300 dollar model of the 360 did I? i mean if i wanted to make a partial fact i could have said it was 300 dollars more then the 360 and used the 300 dollar model vs the 600 dollar model. but that wouldn't have really been fair. So instead i took the expensive model of both systems for comparison. I think that was beyond fair w/o going into too much detail

Then the "fanboy propaganda" yes in a way it was, but it still hold true that it really didn't have much offering in the games department.

Then the lies? oh really?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-General/So-Who-s-got-a-second-job/td-p/552478

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

Yes they did say it. flat out "we want people to want to work more hours to afford one"

So no it doesn't scream anger, its just pointing out a simple lesson in history. because if you don't learn history, your doomed to repeat it ;)

Yes, partial facts. What differentiated the PS3 models was Wi-fi and a larger hard drive. The $500 PS3 had the same size hard drive as the Pro 360 ($400) model and had the same network options, therefore, the logical comparison would be between those 2. The Core 360 had no hard drive, but came with a, what, 64 MB flash drive? If you wanted to bring that model into the comparison, then you'd have to bring up the downside of a 360 with no HDD (which MS would sell to you for $100).

Here's the actual quote;

"Sony’s goal with PS3 was “for consumers to think to themselves ‘I will work more hours to buy one’. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else.”

It's not, "you should get a second job to afford one". And impartial understanding of the quote would no twist one part and ignore others. He was speaking of their goals in the creation of the PS3 and trying to convey how they wanted to create a console so great that people would want it badly at any cost. That's really not a bad goal and not uncommon. Do you think MS's goal for the 360 was for people to think, "meh, I'll get it when it goes on clearance"? No. Most companies try to create the next big thing, not just Sony, and to twist that around as Sony telling you to get a second job is a blatant deception.

If you truly wanted to give a history lesson, you would give the whole story, not just the propaganda and things that cast Sony in a bad light. This is why I perceive anger. Nearly a decade later, and this is what you've taken away from the launches. Not how Sony created a new prototype for a controller, then changed it back after the potential customers expressed doubts. Not the radical changes Sony made to try to bring the cost down when public response was that it was too expensive. Not when Kutaragi mentioned that it was probably too cheap, he wasn't talking as a consumer, but the head of the company that was losing around $300 for every unit they sold.

#157 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (2609 posts) -

I remember the 16 bit wars being much more intense and public than the last gen.
Genesis does what Nintendon't" lol. Now there was a system war, I think Nintendo kinda won out on that one though. Todays wars seems to be more fanboy based with everyone just picking a side with attack/defend position. So MS and Sony can just sit back and spend a bit less on marketing.

#158 Edited by cainetao11 (33502 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Blabadon said:

@freedomfreak said:

lol

That last picture brings me back.

OMG I FUCKING LOVE YOU

TC's right though. The One is eerily similar to the PS3, except it's less shit at the time.

Word, if the PS3 actually had games to play it would pretty much be the xbone.

Funny how PS3 won the generation with the best games though.

nah, it didnt

Lol then what did, the 360 or wii? LOL

Funny how cows are bragging about sales and winning, but with the ps3 they claim it won because of games. If sales matter now, then they did then. Wii won the gen.

#159 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Blabadon said:

@freedomfreak said:

lol

That last picture brings me back.

OMG I FUCKING LOVE YOU

TC's right though. The One is eerily similar to the PS3, except it's less shit at the time.

Word, if the PS3 actually had games to play it would pretty much be the xbone.

Funny how PS3 won the generation with the best games though.

nah, it didnt

Lol then what did, the 360 or wii? LOL

Funny how cows are bragging about sales and winning, but with the ps3 they claim it won because of games. If sales matter now, then they did then. Wii won the gen.

Both matter imo.

Games being the most important of the two.

And lol at you trying to put PS4 into the discussion, this gen has just started, nobody won.

#160 Edited by Indicud (745 posts) -

@asylumni: you destroyed TC, damn.

#161 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

it's hard to believe what a huge joke the ps3 was for literally years in sw.

how long was it before mgs 4 came out and the ps3 managed to get a game with a score above 8.

3 years?

then it was how lousy it ran multiplats and what a joke psn was and how they were stripping everything out of it to get to a price point people would buy it at and the whole rumble fiasco and how the sony executives were all batshit crazy with hype while the ps3 was garbage.

that era was nothing but laughs.

good thing sony learned their lesson and actually put effort into the ps4.

Actually on Launch Resistance was 8.6 here dude it was when gamespot had a different score,outside here the same since Resistance has 86 on meta,fun thing is that Resistance on meta is higher rated than any xbox on exclusive in this moment,including Forza 5,Ryse,DR3 and Killer Instinct..

Hay now that you are going by this site that game you mention has 10 here,we still waiting for the xbox 360 to get one of those..

It may have take the PS3 3 years,the xbox 360 is basically 9 years old and still doesn't have an exclusive here rated that high.

And this is what i find funny because many of you make Fun of resistance for its score,yet it had better online play by endless miles than gears of war which was a lag galore host advantage crap,and now people like you defend the crappy xbox one line up which doesn't have anything higher than 80 on its exclusives,that Karma sure came back to byte you lemmings..

Seeing Sts106mat say Ryse is good when it has a damn 4 score here is epic,you people crapped on games like Resistance and now defend games that score 4 here..lol

At least if good to see that the damage cause by the xbox one is so great,that lemming like you and williams barely post any more,probably can't handle those NPD threads after the noise you people make over the years..

@darkangel115 said:

So the 2nd worst poster on this site, tries to use the worst posters post as TLHBO? lol And my PS3 and 4 say I'm not a lem (and 1 and 2 of you really wanna go there) I love the playstation, I just hate a lot of the idiots who support it blindly. Not because they support sony, but because they are obnoxious and uninformed and just overall giant loud internet jerks. But thanks for helping prove my point ;)

Is that you blackace.?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

awww, you noticed.

that's sweet of you.

i don't hang out here because i am busy playing games not because the x1 sucks.

that e-50 is never going to get to tier X if i am screwing about here with you dudes.

#162 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14406 posts) -

Only stuff that I cared about back in 2006 was Splinter Cell Double Agent , Company of heroes and Dreamfall .

#163 Posted by MK-Professor (4156 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

• PS3 released, November 11, 2006 (in Japan)
  • PS3 released, March 23, 2007 (in Europe)
  • 8800GTX released, November 8, 2006 (global)

4.5 months late for an inferior hardware LOL

a dual core with a 8800GTX annihilate the ps3, proof, multiplats performance and look better.

i7-920 cost around $300 in November 2008 and that CPU is faster than the PS4 cpu. (very funny that you compare it with the PS3 LOLOLOL) tormentos never fail to entertain, well done!!!

You can share PC games as you do wit consoles...

again

• number of exlusives = fact.
  • best version of multiplats = fact
  • reviews scores = opinion (people have different tastes do you know that? so a good game for you it is not a good game from someone else, and the opposite)

It counts from the initial launch not territorial it was just 3 days..lol and cost as much as the PS3 it self which was a complete console not a useless cards that does nothing without a proper PC..

A Dual core + a 8800GTX beat the PS3.

fake quad core that even a dual core annihilate the ps3,

This is what you claim buffoon,no those CPU for gaming kiss Cell ass,some even stronger than those actually did as well,like i showed with proof and link...

The PS4 doesn't have Cell,so you running to hype on the weak PS4 CPU serve you for nothing,the jaguar on PS4 is actually more friendly and better running general purpose code than Cell ever was,but when it comes to power is just doesn't hold a candle to Cell,but the argument wasn't about the PS4 it was about the PS3 kicking the crap out of a $1,000 Intel CPU encoding real time video something that has been very popular on PC and which even i my self have done,and it took for ever..

Again.

Yet most sucks ass and don't even chart.

Yes but you pay more to.

Hypocrite view when you use score to downplay PS3 and Ps4 games..lol

Scores are good only when it serve you best..hahahaha

It counts the territorial launch of where you live, in any case the 8800GTX was older.

Donot try to hide behind your finger. of corese a CPU alone is not good for gameing.

what I am saying is. Dual core + 8800GTX > Cell + RSX

And it is cheaper as well, because when you buy a consoles you also need to buy a pc, also take into account the cheaper games on pc for 7 years(entire gen).

scores = opinion (and I am saying the same thing for any game, pc or consol) different people like different games and genres.

#164 Posted by MK-Professor (4156 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:

@MK-Professor said:

What I remember the most back then is that when I had my 8800GTX the ps3 haven't even released yet and it was already a garbage, and ps3 fanboys was saying things like the ps3 is going to performance better than the 8800GTX. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL funtimes....

shut up.

why?

#166 Posted by StormyJoe (7609 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@sts106mat said:

Thread title "lets take a trip back to 2006"

Unsurprising to see tormentos in this thread as he has been stuck in 2006 for the last 8 years......still going on about AA batteries ? hahahahahahahahaha

So wait a moron comes and claim the PS3 was anti consumer,and i can point out what anti consumer really mean.?

I guess you still hurting from my arguments so tell me,how does anything you say change the fact that you need to buy a separate charge with rechargeable batteries for your 360 while you didn't need it for PS3.?

Oh wait the xbox one again does the same sh**....hahaha

So you are use to get rip off by MS is that it.? hahahaaa

That is a PS3/4 advantage.

I don't know why you still try and talk sense into him. It'll never work. I guess some people prefer having a built in battery that you can't replace and has terrible life and needing to plug it in to get a charge over the convenience of having rechargeable AA batteries. I mean sony must be onto something since they are the only company in the world that does this to their remotes. I guess samsung is ripping me off cause my TV remote uses batteries and so does my DVR remote, and my car too. I mean why does my car have a battery in it that isn't part of the car and not changeable? Stupid cadillac ripping me off. and my laptop too. how dare they have an easily swappable battery for me. It should be more like a chrome book where you have to disassemble the who laptop to replace the battery. SMH

You can't change the rechargeable battery in a PS3 controller? That's not a rhetorical question, I really do not know.

#167 Posted by StormyJoe (7609 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StormyJoe said:

and thanks! I thought i'd give a throwback to the last gen launch

Lets see MS took one of the worse one sided beatings ever vs the xbox,lemmings didn't care about sales then,as soon as the xbox 360 started outselling the PS3 they were interested in sales.

Not only that have you forgot the countless sales threads mocking the PS3.? Oh wait how about only US matter and world wide isn't important.?

Oh yeah i forgot you joined in 2013... You were not here..

Is not about some grudge is the hypocrite attitude of lemming who make NDP thread for years and now complain about them...

You kind of proved my point there, super cow...

#168 Posted by tormentos (26719 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

At least i don't pretend to not be one like you and Blackace do all year,but all you do is defend MS ass and trow mud at sony..

#169 Posted by StormyJoe (7609 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

At least i don't pretend to not be one like you and Blackace do all year,but all you do is defend MS ass and trow mud at sony..

Whatever, man. I don't bash Sony, or the PS4, or the PS4 exclusives. The most i have ever done in that regard is teased cows about how I:SS wasn't getting the same amount of press time as TitanFall.

I mainly just defend the XB1 from the bullshit that you cows spew all over these forums. Just because I like the platform doesn't mean I am a lemming. I give the PS4 and it's games credit when credit's due.

#170 Posted by tormentos (26719 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Whatever, man. I don't bash Sony, or the PS4, or the PS4 exclusives. The most i have ever done in that regard is teased cows about how I:SS wasn't getting the same amount of press time as TitanFall.

I mainly just defend the XB1 from the bullshit that you cows spew all over these forums. Just because I like the platform doesn't mean I am a lemming. I give the PS4 and it's games credit when credit's due.

GTFO..lol

Man see this is the difference between me and you i made peace with been a cow,you haven't with been a lemming..

#171 Edited by StormyJoe (7609 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

GTFO..lol

Man see this is the difference between me and you i made peace with been a cow,you haven't with been a lemming..

OK, dude. Since you seem to have all of my posts saved somewhere, explain to me where I do that?

• I have mentioned Sony's financial situation, which is fact, not opinion.
  • I have said the PS4 is a PS3 hardware upgrade - which it is That's an observation of it's feature set, not "bashing" it. I have never called the PS4 a POS, useless, or any of the other adjectives thrown the XB1's way.
  • I cannot remember bashing any PS4 titles, with the exception of maybe that Knack game. I didn't bash Killzone or I:SS.
#172 Posted by darkangel115 (4449 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@darkangel115 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@sts106mat said:

Thread title "lets take a trip back to 2006"

Unsurprising to see tormentos in this thread as he has been stuck in 2006 for the last 8 years......still going on about AA batteries ? hahahahahahahahaha

So wait a moron comes and claim the PS3 was anti consumer,and i can point out what anti consumer really mean.?

I guess you still hurting from my arguments so tell me,how does anything you say change the fact that you need to buy a separate charge with rechargeable batteries for your 360 while you didn't need it for PS3.?

Oh wait the xbox one again does the same sh**....hahaha

So you are use to get rip off by MS is that it.? hahahaaa

That is a PS3/4 advantage.

I don't know why you still try and talk sense into him. It'll never work. I guess some people prefer having a built in battery that you can't replace and has terrible life and needing to plug it in to get a charge over the convenience of having rechargeable AA batteries. I mean sony must be onto something since they are the only company in the world that does this to their remotes. I guess samsung is ripping me off cause my TV remote uses batteries and so does my DVR remote, and my car too. I mean why does my car have a battery in it that isn't part of the car and not changeable? Stupid cadillac ripping me off. and my laptop too. how dare they have an easily swappable battery for me. It should be more like a chrome book where you have to disassemble the who laptop to replace the battery. SMH

You can't change the rechargeable battery in a PS3 controller? That's not a rhetorical question, I really do not know.

you can , but not easily. not w/o opening it up and doing some surgery on it.