Lets reward our fanbase shall we

• 91 results
#1 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

Just when you thought the "makers" (we'll use that loosely) of Star Citizen couldn't stoop any lower, well I present you with THIS.

So basically if you've (stupidly) spent more than $1,000 on Star Citizen you were "invited" to attend a special dinner (only if you pay a further $275) and what's the purpose of this dinner? well its a Q & A with the fraudster himself Chris Roberts, but the real reason for this dinner was to milk its loyal (cultist) following by presenting a new $675 ship that is yet to be released with a yet to be implemented feature in a yet to be released game.

You can't make this shit up lol.

I look forward to hermits defending this.

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

Jesus... I defended this game in the past, but I genuinely don't understand the business direction at this point. The game direction is nonsensical, but the actual business direction has gone off-the-rails. It's like laying out a 9-course meal for thousands of dollars, but then delivering slightly better courses as it continues... Yet you still leave perplexed at why you paid so much.

#3 Posted by ocinom (1013 posts) -

Incoming Scam Citizen zombies and employees in the comments LOL.

#4 Edited by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

LOL Me and Uninspiredcup discuss this in the lounge v79 but I'll just copy/paste what I said. I'm just amaze he never made a thread on it.

LMAO I think I'll spend my $675 on something else, like a release date. Also, I got a real problem with this ship, how the hell do you lay mines in space? They just float around? Ain't like there's a way to anchor them.

You can go pirate in SC, so no point in wasting money when I can steal for the taking.

Thanks for the thread reminding me I need to get back into SC at some point.

#5 Edited by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

@davillain- said:

LOL Me and Uninspiredcup discuss this in the lounge v79 but I'll just copy/paste what I said. I'm just amaze he never made a thread on it.

LMAO I think I'll spend my $675 on something else, like a release date. Also, I got a real problem with this ship, how the hell do you lay mines in space? They just float around? Ain't like there's a way to anchor them.

Watch some Stargate SG-1, bud... They use self-propulsion of some Sci-Fi nonsense, to anchor and move within space... Gotta suspend that disbelief!

That being said, SG-1 was a brilliant Sci-Fi show, and grounded the science decently well until later seasons.

#6 Posted by NoodleFighter (10494 posts) -

Squadron 42 beta got delayed by 12 weeks..... yeah I'm not really bothering with SC and SQ42 anymore. I've pushed them to the back of my head to prioritize games closer to release. It'd be better if I forgot it.

#7 Posted by Ant_17 (12861 posts) -

Congrats herms. This and the Epic store could not have been done without you.

#8 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

They need to release the fucking game already. I still have hope for it because I've been playing it for a long time and I have seen the huge progress, and gargantuan potential, of this game....but c'mon already.

I might ask for my money back if we don't have a product by 2021.

#9 Posted by NoodleFighter (10494 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: Yeah I can understand the long time for Star Citizen since its an MMO on a very ambitious scale but Squadron 42 should not be taking as long since it is single player.

#10 Edited by freedomfreak (51267 posts) -

Flagship title. The future of PC gaming.

Aka rip-off.

#11 Posted by dxmcat (2745 posts) -

Ambition. Something fast food culture will never understand.

#12 Posted by HitmanActual (1035 posts) -

The basement dwelling neckbeards will eat that shit up.

#13 Posted by phbz (4655 posts) -

Nice macrotransactions.

#14 Posted by Pedro (35601 posts) -

LOL at the defenders of this vaporware.

#15 Edited by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@davillain- said:

Watch some Stargate SG-1, bud... They use self-propulsion of some Sci-Fi nonsense, to anchor and move within space... Gotta suspend that disbelief!

That being said, SG-1 was a brilliant Sci-Fi show, and grounded the science decently well until later seasons.

Heh, I only watch Stargate: Atlantis and love it. I been meaning to watch the the original show at some point but I keep getting sidetrack lol.

#16 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6894 posts) -

Disgusting.

#17 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -

Its never coming out. ever.

it will always be in pre alpha. its been announced since 2012 and this is almost 2020.

#18 Posted by BassMan (10643 posts) -

Haven't spent a penny on the game, but still looking forward to it.

#19 Posted by sovkhan (1281 posts) -

Never managed to understand the hype here!!!

Just grab Freespace 1&2 get it modded and here you go.

Will only cost you like 5 bucks and you will enjoy the hell out of it.

#20 Edited by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@dxmcat: After spending so much money on ships, well all the money you have left couldn't even buy you a bucket of KFC lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#21 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24457 posts) -

I remember when PC Fanboys were hyping this game up... years ago. Since then, I've played many exclusives on Sony and Nintendo systems lol. Still waiting for that ultimate PC exclusive.

#22 Posted by dxmcat (2745 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

@dxmcat: After spending so much money on ships, well all the money you have left couldn't even buy you a bucket of KFC lol.

You don't know anything.

#23 Posted by svaubel (4139 posts) -

Spend $1000 for the privilege of going to a $275 dinner for the privilege of getting a $675 ship. The scam is real

#24 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19250 posts) -

@hitmanactual said:

The basement dwelling neckbeards will eat that shit up.

#25 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

@sovkhan said:

Never managed to understand the hype here!!!

Just grab Freespace 1&2 get it modded and here you go.

Will only cost you like 5 bucks and you will enjoy the hell out of it.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm playing No Man's Sky and fully enjoy that game anyways.

#26 Edited by sakaiXx (6052 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@davillain- said:

Mines actually really good to use in raiding popular trade routes. Lay those mines and wait for few hours or days like a real boring pirates till some unfortunate ship hit those mines. Oh star citizen is a scam.

#27 Posted by watercrack445 (1823 posts) -

Even Mount and Blade Bannerlord is doing better than Star Citizen. They are going to release the beta in 2020 and maybe release full game in 2021.

#28 Edited by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Mines actually really good to use in raiding popular trade routes. Lay those mines and wait for few hours or days like a real boring pirates till some unfortunate ship hit those mines. Oh star citizen is a scam.

Yeah, that had nothing to do with my post beyond the word "mine." Later.

#29 Posted by Heirren (2322 posts) -

Theyre already remastering Star Citizen?

#30 Posted by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

Yeah this isn’t something I can defend anymore. CR was my favorite game creator of all time but this has become sickening. Wish I could get my money back and just wait and see with SQ 42.

#31 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@dxmcat said:
@i_p_daily said:

You don't know anything.

So you found a few bucks in the creases of the couch good work, now go get that bucket from the colonel :)

#32 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@vaidream45 said:

Yeah this isn’t something I can defend anymore. CR was my favorite game creator of all time but this has become sickening. Wish I could get my money back and just wait and see with SQ 42.

Why can't you get your money back???

#33 Posted by thereal25 (1828 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Just when you thought the "makers" (we'll use that loosely) of Star Citizen couldn't stoop any lower, well I present you with THIS.

So basically if you've (stupidly) spent more than $1,000 on Star Citizen you were "invited" to attend a special dinner (only if you pay a further $275) and what's the purpose of this dinner? well its a Q & A with the fraudster himself Chris Roberts, but the real reason for this dinner was to milk its loyal (cultist) following by presenting a new $675 ship that is yet to be released with a yet to be implemented feature in a yet to be released game.

Lol, what a privilege! Getting rewarded after spending $1000 on a game that is still is unplayable after 7 years and $250,000,000 in contributions so you can learn about how you can spend a further $675 on a freaking ship.

Words elude me!

#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31585 posts) -

Spaceship will be a thousand bucks

You want to go for dinner that'll be 275 dollar

You want some crackers with your wine that'll be 50 dollar

You want to use the toilet while you're there? That'll be another 15 bucks

Oh and you have to pay to use the cutlery as well, pay up you freeloader!

#35 Posted by BassMan (10643 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Spaceship will be a thousand bucks

You want to go for dinner that'll be 275 dollar

You want some crackers with your wine that'll be 50 dollar

You want to use the toilet while you're there? That'll be another 15 bucks

Oh and you have to pay to use the cutlery as well, pay up you freeloader!

I'm a Freelancer, not a freeloader. ;)

#36 Posted by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

@i_p_daily: cuz this was the one time I ever got involved with crowd funding. Never again. It wasn’t a preorder so I just have to let the $165 I spent die and hopefully get a decent game out of it some year or another.

#37 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@vaidream45 said:

@i_p_daily: cuz this was the one time I ever got involved with crowd funding. Never again. It wasn’t a preorder so I just have to let the $165 I spent die and hopefully get a decent game out of it some year or another.

So I take it the Kickstarter has a no refund policy???

#38 Edited by VFighter (5230 posts) -

It still blows my mind that people defend this lol. Its tbeir money so I guess if they enjoy getting ripped off and scammed, good for them?

#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@thereal25 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Lol, what a privilege! Getting rewarded after spending $1000 on a game that is still is unplayable after 7 years and $250,000,000 in contributions so you can learn about how you can spend a further $675 on a freaking ship.

Words elude me!

You forgot the $275 to attend this dinner lol.

#40 Posted by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

@i_p_daily: I bought in after kickstarter and funded through the RSI website.

#41 Posted by WESTBLADE (539 posts) -

Props to the "creators" for succesfully pulling the biggest scam in gaming history tho. XD
Never even bothered with this vaporware.The "game" looks graphically dated already when compared to the likes of Cyberpunk 2077.
Should be renamed to "Scam and Citizens" by now...

#42 Posted by Chutebox (44743 posts) -

Crazy. Dude has seriously scammed 250 million from people?

#43 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@vaidream45: At this point it's almost fraud, so surely you could get your money back.

#44 Posted by I_P_Daily (12516 posts) -

@Chutebox: Not just regular gamers, he's also scammed money out of investers lol.

#45 Posted by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

@i_p_daily: it’s really not a scam or fraud. I mean I can play the alpha right now so I know the game is being made. It’s just no longer the game I thought we were gonna get and it is taking way too long. I know this’ll come out someday I’m just not sure I’ll care anymore once it does drop. I don’t think Chris Roberts is a fraud but I think he set the bar wayyyy too high and now he is taking forever to complete it. I think he has done a poor job overseeing the whole thing and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I now wish there was a publisher with deadlines so maybe he would just decide on which features to focus on and polish those instead of trying to do everything. It’s feature creep hell.

#46 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

I dropped money on this, don't regret it. I've enjoyed experiencing the development first-hand.

With that said, I do hope it comes out someday. I can wait, though, not like there aren't other games to play.

I would like to meet Christ Roberts and ask him WTF he is doing. "Feature-creep" for sure. There are enough playable ships as it is; make some less-detailed NPC ships to fill the universe and finish the game.

*Also, mine laying? That's a really specific task. You want people to drop hundreds on this (or by the time the game comes out, dozens of hours of effort to buy it in-game) and all it can do is lay mines?

Maybe next time just develop a mine-laying module for cargo ships...

#47 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@vaidream45 said:

@i_p_daily: it’s really not a scam or fraud. I mean I can play the alpha right now so I know the game is being made. It’s just no longer the game I thought we were gonna get and it is taking way too long. I know this’ll come out someday I’m just not sure I’ll care anymore once it does drop. I don’t think Chris Roberts is a fraud but I think he set the bar wayyyy too high and now he is taking forever to complete it. I think he has done a poor job overseeing the whole thing and I can’t believe I’m saying this but I now wish there was a publisher with deadlines so maybe he would just decide on which features to focus on and polish those instead of trying to do everything. It’s feature creep hell.

That's kind of how I feel. Roberts wants to make the perfect game, and frankly there is no such thing.

If and when the game does come out, it's going to change the industry. But that's only if Roberts can say "Hey we have enough ideas, time to execute".

Like you said, I don't think it's a scam, this project is way too big to do something that risky, foolish, and malicious. But I do think it is mismanaged. It's also sort of an elitist thing going on with these high-priced ships and dinners and such. Games are meant to be a cheap hobby (yes, even on PC with our 10,000-dollar rigs).

#48 Posted by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: totally. These ship sales have gotten way out of hand. I’m really not even looking forward to Star Citizen anymore. SQ 42 yes but I don’t like the idea of purchasing these massive ships with real money.

#49 Edited by VFighter (5230 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: Even if the game does eventually come out how is it going to change the industy? Are all developers going rip off their fan base by also,g for money 24/7?