Let's rank the Assasins Creed games (no haters)

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (34895 posts) -
  • 1. Assassins Creed 4 - sort of ok
  • 2, Assassins Creed 3 - has some good bits
  • 3. Assassins Creed Rogue -it's Assassins Creed 4
  • The others are shit.

Your turn.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (51267 posts) -

1. AC: Black Flag
2. AC 2
3. AC: Syndicate

Rogue is underrated.

#3 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31580 posts) -

Best:

1. Assassin's Creed 2
  2. Assassin's Creed Unity
  3. Assassin's Creed 1

Worst:

1. Assassin's Creed 3
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
#4 Edited by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

How is AC2 shit? It's probably the best one. It improved on AC1 in every way and was before the internet directive 2431412/b was created by ware anyone posting on a internet forum must express there hatred for the series every time the game is mentioned . Superb game.

AC4 was great as well.

#5 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6893 posts) -

AC2 Best

AC: Brotherhood

AC 4

rest can go and suck ass.

#6 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

Can i rate them all as the bottom of the barrel? That's how i feel about each entry.

#7 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19247 posts) -

The only ones I've enjoyed are Black Flag (which was pretty awesome), and I also liked Syndicate. But I haven't tried Rogue yet (I'm hoping it becomes BC on XB1).

The rest just didn't do anything for me.

#8 Edited by RekonMeister (784 posts) -

All are tosh.

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31580 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Can i rate them all as the bottom of the barrel? That's how i feel about each entry.

You consider all of them bottom of the barrel, yet still played each entry ?

Interesting.

#10 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@silversix_ said:

Interesting.

Yeah, i'm writing a book about crappy games. Ass Creed series was the front runner.

#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31580 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Yeah, i'm writing a book about crappy games. Ass Creed series was the front runner.

Yeah it's good to do some in depth research. Could be an interesting read ^_^

#12 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10538 posts) -

AC4 - ok

others are trash.

#13 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@silversix_: Sounds like a crappy book then. There are way worse game series in the history of video games than the AC series. Unless is a book on games the cool kids love to hate, will CoD and FIFA feature heavily also?

#14 Posted by pug987 (458 posts) -

I have played all main entry Assassin Creed games except for Syndicate (I'll get to it eventually, just got bogged down by huge RPGs). I understand the series has a lot of problems but personally I like them and don't even mind the yearly releases. If games with historical settings were more prevalent then perhaps I would be more critical but as it is they scratch an itch for me.

Here is my ranking:

Assassin's Creed 2 is the best in the series for me. It improved on the first in many ways and it featured a much more involved storyline and interesting main character. It is also free of many tiring and time consuming systems that were added on later instalments.

Black Flag is next. The current times story is barebones at best and did almost nothing to promote the overall plot. However the pirate story, although a bit simple, was enjoyable and a great emfasis was placed on fun.

Revelations was a bit of a surprise for me. After the dissapointment of Brotherhood and a third game with the same character when I wanted to see someone new I played it reluctantly. The new setting, Constantinopole (or Instanbul if you prefer) was different enough from italian cities to feel fresh. The tombs were a nice addition that reminded a bit of Prince of Persia and I even liked the first person puzzle minigame. I only played a little but I was also pleasantly surprised by the multiplayer.

Unity had potential. It didn't reach it but still it gets points for trying. Too much busiwork with side objectives, poor performance, constant crashes and a dissapointing main story dragged the game down. However Paris was simply amazing, one of the best depictions of a city in a videogame. The game also revamped the series mechanics giving it a fresh feel.

Assassin's Creed 3 took the series in a bold new direction and it gets points for that. However it tried to do too many things and was full of tedious activities. Moreover the American revolution setting was kind bland and unitersting for me.

Rogue wasn't a bad game per and I might have ranked it higher but it lives in the shadow of Black Flag. It has almost the same mechanics with a bit of Assassin's Creed 3 thrown in. However the frozen waters of north America aren's so immediately appealing as the Carribean and the main character pales a bit before the charismatic Edwart. If we had gotten this instead of Black Flag I think it would be remembered fondly but as it is, it feels like a slightly worse copycat.

To say Brotherhood was rubbish would be an overstatement and many would justifiably be upset with me. However this one suffers to in comparison to the one that preceded it. We go from the whole of Italy to just one city and from a story spanning years to one over in a couple of months. In many ways it just feels smaller than 2, the same characters badly written compared to the previous game. In other ways it feels too bloated. It introduces mechanics that are time sinks with no real value, like renovating Rome of assembling the Assassin brotherhood. Sadly many of these stuck around for many of the following games.

Liberation gets points for finally letting us play a female assassin. However the game is harmstrang by its mobile origins (first came out on PS Vita) and it feels like they didn't have the A team on this one. It's small and feels cheap at times. Perhaps I'd have appriciated it more if I'd played it on the vita instead of the PC.

Assassin's Creed, the game that started it all, is probably the worst in the series. You can't really fault it for that. The series needed to mature before it reached a good level and that makes it even more impressive how they managed to improve so much on the second game. The first assassin's creed had a simple and boring plot, only the begings of the contemporary storyline that would be much expanded and explored in the games up to Assassin's Creed 3. A lot of its mechanics were not that much fun. As a game it was mediocre, especially compared to the excelent Prince of Persia games that predated it, but given that it spawned such a long series, noone can deny its importance.

Sorry for the wall of text.

#15 Posted by mjorh (6747 posts) -

1. ACII

2. AC Brotherhood

3. AC Black Flag

4. AC I

5. AC Unity

6. AC R

7. AC III

Haven't played Syndicate yet.

#16 Posted by mjorh (6747 posts) -

@silversix_ said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silversix_ said:

Interesting.

Destiny and The Division being the runner-ups :P

#17 Posted by mjorh (6747 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Best:

1. Assassin's Creed 2
  2. Assassin's Creed Unity
  3. Assassin's Creed 1

Worst:

1. Assassin's Creed 3

No love for Brotherhood? :D

#18 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@mjorh said:
@silversix_ said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silversix_ said:

Interesting.

Forget Ass Creed, The Division and especially Destiny are the actual front runners!

#19 Edited by Litchie (24294 posts) -

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Assassin's Creed 2

The rest is crap.

#20 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10107 posts) -

Only one I enjoyed was Black Flag because of the sea stuff. Not a fan of the series, I tried but just didn't enjoy the story and don't really like stealth games in general anyways. But it looks like a solid series though as I have friends who are really into them

#21 Posted by mjorh (6747 posts) -

@silversix_ said:
@mjorh said:
@silversix_ said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silversix_ said:

Interesting.

Forget Ass Creed, The Division and especially Destiny are the actual front runners!

Lmao

#22 Posted by I_P_Daily (12500 posts) -

Have only played 1 & 2 and from that I would say 2 is better than 1. That could change as I have Blag Flag but have yet to start it.

#23 Posted by DrSpoon (628 posts) -

Best - Not so good: I/ II/ Blackflag/ Revelations/ Syndicate/ Brotherhood/ China/ India/ Rogue/ Liberation/ Russia/ Altair Chronicles/ Bloodlines/ Unity/ III

#24 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@silversix_ said:
@mjorh said:
@silversix_ said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silversix_ said:

Interesting.

Surely the Sonic franchise is the biggest shitstain on gaming. A franchise littered with more dogshits that my local park.

#25 Posted by clone01 (27543 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
  • 1. Assassins Creed 4 - sort of ok
  • 2, Assassins Creed 3 - has some good bits
  • 3. Assassins Creed Rogue -it's Assassins Creed 4
  • The others are shit.

Your turn.

Let's not and say we did.

#26 Edited by KungfuKitten (26790 posts) -

1 - Shadow of Mordor.
2 - Assassin's Creed 2.

Runners-up:

Something like that.

#27 Edited by zassimick (10460 posts) -
  1. AC4: Black Flag
  2. AC2
  3. AC2: Brotherhood
  4. AC2: Revelations
  5. AC: Unity
  6. AC
  7. AC3

Syndicate is sitting on my shelf waiting to be played once I beat The Witcher 3. Liberation glitched out on me and I couldn't finish it and it was not good enough to go back through. And I never picked up Rogue, though I wanted to.

#28 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31580 posts) -

@mjorh said:

Oh yeah, sure !

It added some nice mechanics to the series too.

Revelations was a dissapointment though. It added Tower Defense for no reason whatsoever.

I only like Revelations for its setting: Istanbul.

#29 Posted by mjorh (6747 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@mjorh said:

Oh yeah, sure !

It added some nice mechanics to the series too.

Revelations was a dissapointment though. It added Tower Defense for no reason whatsoever.

I only like Revelations for its setting: Istanbul.

That was so stupid lmao

Yeah that was the only good thing about Revelations alongside the story.

#30 Edited by Phazevariance (12334 posts) -

Hmm, well, I've not only played them all (mostly) but 100% them all because for some compelling reason I have to so no matter how bored i get:

Best to worst

- AC2 - Awesome character, awesome music, ok story, start of open world for AC, added stores and upgrades

- AC4 - Awesome boating, Shanties, ok story, large map, interesting places to visit

- AC2:Revelation - ok story with strange ending but it didn't slack around, game was short but packed

- AC3 - Added new modes of transportation like through trees, and through snow, ok story, first boat stuff

- AC:Syndicate - Finally changed up the combat, but more of the same

- AC:Unity - Basically the same stuff with some new ways to complete missions, graphical bump in crowds

- AC1 - Started off the story, repetitititititive missions, graphics were amazing when first released

- AC2:Brotherhood - Got bored with this one fast, small map, nothing new was added

- AC:Rogue - Skipped this one since I moved up to next gen consoles

The quality downgrade between AC2 and AC4 wasn't much but from AC4 down its a large drop in quality. The story got lost completely in later games once Desmond... you know. Unless the next one actually has major changes, I can't see myself going through that again. They need to focus a lot less on collecting random useless crap like artifacts and glitches and treasure chests which add nothing to the experience.

#31 Posted by navyguy21 (15260 posts) -

@mjorh said:

1. ACII

2. AC Brotherhood

3. AC Black Flag

4. AC I

5. AC Unity

6. AC R

7. AC III

Haven't played Syndicate yet.

Exact same for me.

#32 Posted by RekonMeister (784 posts) -

In fact i think the entire franchise is trash... removing my vote for AC Black Flag being good.

#33 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14957 posts) -
  1. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  2. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
  3. Assassin's Creed 2
  4. Assassin's Creed
  5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Distant 6. Assassin's Creed 3

Didn't play anything after Black Flag. Franchise fatigue kicked in.

#34 Edited by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

Brotherhood>2>Syndicate>4>1>Revelations>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ebola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3/Unity

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
#35 Posted by deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20 (82724 posts) -
  1. Assassin's Creed II
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Don't care about the others.

#36 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

1. AC Brotherhood.

2. AC2

3. Black Flag

4. AC 3 Yeh I actually liked the American setting lol

5. AC Unity Uninspired but it still was good to see the French Revolution.

#37 Posted by GarGx1 (10929 posts) -
  1. AC 2 (with Brotherhood and revelations for full package)
  2. AC 4
  3. AC Syndicate
#38 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

I couldnt get into Rogue because of really awful graphics. It was released post Unity and the difference was just striking. Even though the game does look like having better gameplay than Unity.

#39 Posted by with_teeth26 (9615 posts) -

from what I've played:
4>brotherhood>2>1>3

I started getting annoyed with the climbing mechanics in 1 and now find them intolerable

#40 Posted by chocolate1325 (33007 posts) -

AC2

Black Flag

Brotherhood

Syndicate

Rogue

Revelations

Assassins Creed

#41 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17373 posts) -

no haters

#42 Posted by Crypt_mx (4739 posts) -

1: AC 4: Black Flag

2: AC 2

3: AC Syndicate

Those are my top 3...and the rest

4: AC Brotherhood

5: AC Rev

6: AC Unity

7: AC 1

8: AC3

#43 Edited by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -

1: AC 2 (wins by a mile)

2: AC 4: Black Flag

3: AC Revelations

AC 1 gets honorable mention, it's too basic to compete really.

#44 Posted by LZ71 (10524 posts) -

1. AC2
2. Unity
3. AC1 (close to unity though)
4. Brotherhood
5. Revelations
6. AC3

Never played Black Flag or Syndicate, I'm done with the series until they change it up somehow.

#45 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31580 posts) -

@Phazevariance said:

- AC:Unity - Basically the same stuff with some new ways to complete missions, graphical bump in crowds

What about Unity revamping the parkour system. Not only making it prettier to look at, but also making it less clumsy. In the previous games you were always running up stuff or jumping off stuff you didn't want to.

It also added a much needed stealth system in a game series about assassinations.

I'd say those things to me were more noticable and appreciated than a graphical bump in crowds.

@jhonMalcovich said:

I couldnt get into Rogue because of really awful graphics. It was released post Unity and the difference was just striking. Even though the game does look like having better gameplay than Unity.

Playing Rogue at the moment after having finished Unity and Syndicate and I can still appreciate a lot of graphical stuff in the game, like the draw distance, the water also looks really nice, as well as the skybox and weather effects.

It's gameplay is more like AC4 than say AC: Unity or other Ac games.

#46 Posted by jg4xchamp (61798 posts) -
  1. Assassin's Creed 2
  2. The rest aren't worth playing.
#47 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9768 posts) -

1. AC 2

2. Brotherhood

3. Revleations

4. AC1

5. AC3

6. AC4

I haven't played the rest and really wish I had stopped after 2.

#48 Posted by heguain (1416 posts) -
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Assassin's Creed Liberations
  • Pirates of the Carribean Black Flag
#49 Edited by Vaidream45 (2034 posts) -

@mjorh: me and the old lady both loved Syndicate. Hated Unity though. Then 2 and Brotherhood are good as well. 4 was cool on the ship.

#50 Posted by mjorh (6747 posts) -

@vaidream45 said:

@mjorh: me and the old lady both loved Syndicate. Hated Unity though. Then 2 and Brotherhood are good as well. 4 was cool on the ship.

Yeah majority of AC fans have loved it, gotta grab it.