Let's predict the Nex-gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

ZThe next generation of gaming is coming again, so tell us your prediction of what you think the results will turn put ot be.

Who wiil win?

Who will fail?

Who has th advantage?

Etc.?

Tell us your thoughts.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

ZThe next generation of gaming is coming again, so tell us your prediction of what you think the results will turn put ot be.

Who wiil win?

Who will fail?

Who has th advantage?

Etc.?

Tell us your thoughts.

Captainqwark10
MS will win. Sony will fail. Nintendo has all the advantage. MS has the best overall market strategy, they understand what consumers want more than the other two. Nintendo has the market share, but I honestly think the vast majority of there consumers aren't interested in a new console. Sony is a brain dead company, they lost the vast majority of there market share, and continue to invest in ideas that consumers have little or no interest in. MS will continue there dominance in the States, while expanding everywhere besides Japan. Sony will continue to lose market share everywhere, and Nintendo will get in where they fit in.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
PC will win next gen, some of the best devs right now are starting to realize that focusing on the PC is a better idea than consoles. I'd like to see the next xbox fail since Microsoft's business model on the consoles hurts the industry in every way other than profits. Right now Nintendo has the most money out of the big three but I think the Wii left a sour taste in the mouths of many. I think Sony has the best image over all.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Well for starters, Nintendo won't be dominating again; I personally don't believe there is much of anything they can really do next time around for gaming that could replicate the same amount of hype and success as motion controls did this gen.

And because I doubt MS is going to sit around for 2 or 3 more years and let Nintendo gain any real kind of foothold -- I see MS and Nintendo swapping positions every now and then for the top spot next time around.

No comment on Sony.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

MS and Nintendo will be at the top, i think sony will lag behind a bit. PC will gain a lot of footold I think too. I also see the gap between PC and console spreading and cnsoles struggling to keep up with tech while keeping price down

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Well for starters, Nintendo won't be dominating again; I personally don't believe there is much of anything they can really do next time around for gaming that could replicate the same amount of hype and success as motion controls did this gen.

And because I doubt MS is going to sit around for 2 or 3 more years and let Nintendo gain any real kind of foothold -- I see MS and Nintendo swapping positions every now and then for the top spot next time around.

No comment on Sony.

TecmoGirl

Shame on you for making me associate dirty thoughts with Pokemon. :o

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Lets not predict it. Really, we are all getting ahead of ourselves. Even if the rumors are true about a nintendo console (on par or better than hd twins), we wont see the Wii 2 this year, we might not even see it next year. Microsoft has only just begun hiring people for their next console and sony, well I dont know about them, but Im sure they are looking into a way to keep it from getting hacked and i really havent heard sw-buz for a ps4 yet.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Nintendo will come out on top but they wont sell a crazy amount more than they did this gen... I think theyll beat out sony by about 5 mil. through 5-6 years... and MS will be third

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

No comment on Sony.

Bigboi500

lol! Silly rabbit! -- Just because your mind is in the gutter is no reason to bestow shame on me. :P:)

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Sony will come back swinging with an affordable and easier-to-develop-for console than the PS3. Microsoft will be a bit confused about where to go next-- their new system will be powerful, but they're probably going to cling to the Xbox 360 subscription fee for a while, and the next Xbox will probably use PC architecture again, so it will be similar to the PS3 but won't have Sony's games. Nintendo will do well with Project Cafe in the beginning, but as the next gen reaches mid-cycle, Cafe will start looking old, and they'll release another console mid-cycle again. All three of them will do well, but I don't know who will come in first place. One of the deciding factors IMO will be whether or not Microsoft still has Blu-ray spite against Sony and sticks with DVD, even though the technology is outdated.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I don't know but I hope Sony bring out their prototype 3D headset (shown at CES) with their next console. People could still have the option of just connecting the console to the TV, then set it to 3D or 2D display. Or have it available as a separate accessery.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well nintendo will win ,

nintnedo has a big advantage -3 yrs ahead of competition see ps2 had only 1 yr and yall say because it was cheap wrong , the gamecube was 200 bucks 100 bucks cheaper , ps2 just took off for some uknown reason -brand recignition or what ever ,

but heres the reasoning why i think nintnedo will pull off ,

any time you give nintendo an insane amount of head room you can lose dearly ,

they can come out and leap frog them but think about this

what will 3rd party be content with-somthing like cafe which is said to be extremly easy and cheap to develope for

or somthing new and more expensive like the ps3, the reason 360 did good was wii was not a direct factor things have changed again

and rockstar ea thq sega among others are lining up including dice who is rumored to have bf3 on wii 2 /cafe wheres gta v they rumored huh im pretty sure rockstar has it for nintendo other wise it would be out already

then you got retro working on somthing

nintendo also gonna be hard at work on somthing -the main reason nintnedo is alive after all is good games from them selfs-see they dont rely on 3rd partyy support to stay afloat but having them around will help out

i think this thing will take core gamers and when the price is down casual will re join , -after all the wii 2 still is having motion and touchscreen but it also features all teh buttons on a gc pad -easily the 2nd best pad last gen

3 -pricing of the system it self compared to competitors well --- 300 -350 isnt that much more then a ps3 360 , atm , and when ps4 720 come out you know itll be more expensive

and while ms and sony deal with average launches like they do ,

nintendo will have an established game library from that of wii and cafe

and 2014-5 is when ps4 is coming , 7 20 as well this puts nintnendo 3 yrs into its gen they run 5 , ,

they wil come out with one that will leap frog the ps4 720 ---- sony betterh ope this dont happen or ms cause they will have nothing to do for it ,

they are going to be hung to dry

who will fail -its not gonna be nintnedo they have 3ds to fall back on , -which is by the way making them profits

it depends on the other 2 , whos got the most expensive piece of hard ware

whos making more mistakes

and ya whos got the juice to out pace nintnedos not one but the 1 2 bang they are likely to face well no body will answer to that wii 2 and wii 3 punch

ms will rely on its ten yr life cycle so will sony ,giving nintneod that oppertunity , that was their msitake

not nintendos

so remember when the dust settles you better hope for one of thse to not make a misake what if both make a mistake

by releasing the hard ware at 500-700 dollars

chances are theyll both be gone

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Sony and MS release very powerful consoles.

Devs go bankrupt because of increased dev costs.

Big budget gaming dies along with consoles.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

My prediction is that I will own a PS4. I also predict I will build a new PC, give my current one to my girl, and give her current one to our kids.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

No comment on Sony.

TecmoGirl

lol! Silly rabbit! -- Just because your mind is in the gutter is no reason to bestow shame on me. :P:)

Yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Apple wins and everybody else go bankrupt. The end. *insert Patrick Star's face here*
Avatar image for TheAcountantMan
TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheAcountantMan
Member since 2011 • 1281 Posts

YeahMSwillprollydominateagainifthingskeepgoingthewayitis.
IfSony,weretobuildamorerealisticmachine,dontgothePowerPCroute,butinsteadcontractAMDtobuildthehardwarefortheirnextmachine,thenyeah,gameoverMS,andNintendo,ifthatwastohappenanyways.
AMDtechnologypoweringthePS4wouldbeasurewinforSony.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

The ECONOMY is not good right now. Give it a few more years. There is nothing to talk about right now maybe in 2 years.

1. There are too many devices to play games on now.
  2. The cost of games block busters have gone up too much.
  3. PS3 Xbox 360 are both HD
  4. The difference between the TOP PC games and great Console games are not that far apart, yet High end Graphic cards and CPU parts would drive next gen games and the end result would be simular. (not that big of impact visually, when compared)
  5. The cost of R&D
  6. The cost of launching the console
  7. The loss per console to produce
  8. Redsigning the console to bring the cost down...
  9. ETC...

In 2 years we can speculate about the future launch of the next gen consoles as it will take at least that long for the "stars" to align.

• better economy
  • CPU/GPUpowerfull enough tomake a difference when comparing games from this gen.
  • Cost to develop/make gamesreduced due to the design of the console/software
  • cost of all reasonable

with this in mind we need at look at Pentium to todaysI7 cips.That is a long span in time over 10 years.The differences are huge that is the difference we need to see with the next gen consoles.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

My predicition is SONY does alot better next gen then they do this gen by having easy to dev for archetecture, affordable pricing and great Exclusive Software.

XBOX does great as well by expanding their online so they are still the top online of the bunch. They will keep their dev friendly hardware, however might be at risk of having little first party software due to thei liquidation of their first party studios.

Nintendo does well with their Wii 2 by having it launch a year or two ahead of everyone else, but yet again like this gen due to its lesser hardware will not be the place to go to get core titles when the new XBOX and PS come out.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"]

TecmoGirl

Yeah.

Ohh yeaah! Dat ass indeed. :P

Oh behave. You're killing me here. :P

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheSterls
Member since 2009 • 3117 Posts

PC will win next gen, some of the best devs right now are starting to realize that focusing on the PC is a better idea than consoles. I'd like to see the next xbox fail since Microsoft's business model on the consoles hurts the industry in every way other than profits. Right now Nintendo has the most money out of the big three but I think the Wii left a sour taste in the mouths of many. I think Sony has the best image over all. Ace6301

Id hate to inform you but the pc cant win. Its not backed by one company and from a gaming sales standpoint its getting stomped.

TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheAcountantMan
WhatarethechancesthatSonywilluseAMDtechnologyforthePS4?
Istumbledacrosssomerumorarticlessayingthey'vecontractedInteltodesigntheCPUandGPUfortheirnextgensystem,wecanonlybuthope,that,thatisnottrue.
TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheSterls

Sony will probably release a very powerful console for cheaper then what the PS3 launched for. I think Microsoft will go somewhere in the middle. I honestly think if you are a gamer Sony is proabaly your best hope of the big 3.

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheSterls

WhatarethechancesthatSonywilluseAMDtechnologyforthePS4?
Istumbledacrosssomerumorarticlessayingthey'vecontractedInteltodesigntheCPUandGPUfortheirnextgensystem,wecanonlybuthope,that,thatisnottrue.
TheAcountantMan

I heard they were thinking about using the next Nvida Brodway GPU's which are supposed to be very small and powerful but anything at this point is just rumor.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Who wiil win?

Who will fail?

Who has th advantage?

Captainqwark10

-Sony

-Microsoft

-Nintendo

If Sony doesn't win, then Nintendo will. It'll be extremely close. Microsoft will fail hard. I just really hate Microsoft after having multiple 360s. Its the worst experience I've had with an electronic. Its even worse than owning a Dell computer.

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

MS is in a bad position. They had a whole year's head start this gen and they are pretty much tied for last? Their horrible hardware left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth, nobody were told that they were beta testing broken consoles.

Sony will hopefully learn from their arrogent ways that dethroned them and start recovering, much like Nintendo had to in the past.

And hopefully, Nintendo's success does not go into their heads and wont start making horrible choices next gen.

I think Nintendo will win, but at a smaller margin and Sony will do better than MS.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Captainqwark10

MS is in a bad position. They had a whole year's head start this gen and they are pretty much tied for last? Their horrible hardware left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth, nobody were told that they were beta testing broken consoles.

Sony will hopefully learn from their arrogent ways that dethroned them and start recovering, much like Nintendo had to in the past.

And hopefully, Nintendo's success does not go into their heads and wont start making horrible choices next gen.

I think Nintendo will win, but at a smaller margin and Sony will do better than MS.

AntiType
Except obviously gamers no longer care about the RROD incident that was popular 3 years ago. Most don't even believe it is a problem anymore. (especially the new Black Xbox for all the wrong reasons.)
TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheAcountantMan
WellsofarimeagerlywaitingtoseewhatNintendodeliversatE3,imprettyhypedupfortheWii2beingpoweredbysomethingsimilartoaHDRadeon4870.
BanMido76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BanMido76
Member since 2011 • 200 Posts
The ECONOMY is not good right now. Give it a few more years. There is nothing to talk about right now maybe in 2 years.There are too many devices to play games on now.The cost of games block busters have gone up too much.PS3 Xbox 360 are both HD. The difference between the TOP PC games and great Console games are not that far apart, yet High end Graphic cards and CPU parts would drive next gen games and the end result would be simular. (not that big of impact visually, when compared)The cost of R&DThe cost of launching the consoleThe loss per console to produceRedsigning the console to bring the cost down...ETC...In 2 years we can speculate about the future launch of the next gen consoles as it will take at least that long for the "stars" to align.better economyCPU/GPUpowerfull enough tomake a difference when comparing games from this gen. Cost to develop/make gamesreduced due to the design of the console/softwarecost of all reasonable with this in mind we need at look at Pentium to todaysI7 cips.That is a long span in time over 10 years.The differences are huge that is the difference we need to see with the next gen consoles.Ravenlore_basic
The economy is not going to get better in 2 years or even 10 years. In fact it's going to get worse in the upcoming years. But that doesn't stop people from buying iPhones and iPads or high price so it won't stop people from buying new consoles.
BanMido76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BanMido76
Id hate to inform you but the pc cant win. Its not backed by one company and from a gaming sales standpoint its getting stomped.TheSterls
Actually PC is kicking butt in sales. It almost makes up half the revenue for the gaming market.
BanMido76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BanMido76
Well so far im eagerly waiting to see what Nintendo delivers at E3, im pretty hyped up for the Wii 2 being powered by something similar to a HD Radeon 4870.TheAcountantMan
The Wii 2 will probably use something along the lines of a 4770 instead. Which is still a lot more powerful than a 360 and PS3.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Nintendo or Sony will come out on top

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAcountantMan"]Well so far im eagerly waiting to see what Nintendo delivers at E3, im pretty hyped up for the Wii 2 being powered by something similar to a HD Radeon 4870.BanMido76
The Wii 2 will probably use something along the lines of a 4770 instead. Which is still a lot more powerful than a 360 and PS3.

How would you know? R700 =/= 4700 series
BanMido76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BanMido76
[QUOTE="ocstew"] The Wii 2 will probably use something along the lines of a 4770 instead. Which is still a lot more powerful than a 360 and PS3.

I don't know which is why I said "probably".
Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Captainqwark10
[QUOTE="BanMido76"][QUOTE="ocstew"] The Wii 2 will probably use something along the lines of a 4770 instead. Which is still a lot more powerful than a 360 and PS3.

I don't know which is why I said "probably".

What are you guys talking about? The most powerful hardware coming on the Wii2 is the Motorola 6800. :)
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

WellsofarimeagerlywaitingtoseewhatNintendodeliversatE3,imprettyhypedupfortheWii2beingpoweredbysomethingsimilartoaHDRadeon4870.TheAcountantMan

I'd be way more interested in their games and controller(s) than any junk under the hood.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I think Sony is best posititioned for next gen right now, though that may change by the time next gen gets here.

Nintendo's success with the Wii was a happy accident I think, and I don't see how they can duplicate that again. The casuals won't be in any rush to buy a new console, and the core gaming audience just doesn't have the kind of mass buying power as the casual market. I suspect that they won't go casual focus next gen, but I have no idea how the market will respond to their new console.

I actually like the idea of one company changing gears midway between the life cycles of the other companies, though. Just keeps the new stuff coming while not having everything we have die off at once.

Sony started off way too cocky this gen, but they've improved both their image and their products considerably. They've shown that they really do know this business and that they actually have a passion for it. When next gen come around, the free network and slew of first party titles will be remembered by the consumers.

MS started with a bang, but is whimpering now. If they end with a whimper as well, I just don't see gamers having too much confidence in them next time around. They have not ambition, and the only thing they care to support is their marketing department.

TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheAcountantMan

Really?
I'mmoreinterestedinwhatsunderthehoodthanthegames/controllers,hardwaremakesthegamesimo,goodhardwarewillrendergoodgraphics.
Welltoeachtheirown,there'snothingwrongwitheither.

EDIT:
Butdontgetmewrong,imalsoalsoexcitedforthegames,andtoseetheirnewcontrollerdesign,ijusthopesomethinglikea4870atleastispoweringittho.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Captainqwark10
[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

I think Sony is best posititioned for next gen right now, though that may change by the time next gen gets here.

Nintendo's success with the Wii was a happy accident I think, and I don't see how they can duplicate that again. The casuals won't be in any rush to buy a new console, and the core gaming audience just doesn't have the kind of mass buying power as the casual market. I suspect that they won't go casual focus next gen, but I have no idea how the market will respond to their new console.

I actually like the idea of one company changing gears midway between the life cycles of the other companies, though. Just keeps the new stuff coming while not having everything we have die off at once.

Sony started off way too cocky this gen, but they've improved both their image and their products considerably. They've shown that they really do know this business and that they actually have a passion for it. When next gen come around, the free network and slew of first party titles will be remembered by the consumers.

MS started with a bang, but is whimpering now. If they end with a whimper as well, I just don't see gamers having too much confidence in them next time around. They have not ambition, and the only thing they care to support is their marketing department.

MS is whimpering? Based on what?
antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts
Nintendo does something new. may or may not screw over and forget core audience again. Gets a lot of buyers JUST for being Nintendo. whatever it focuses on, expect Mario, Zelda, Metroid, probably Smash Bros, etc same old first party. Microsoft will either boast total superiority to Sony in terms of power, online, yada yada but then try to copy what Nintendo does later on or may just try to stick with Kinect and stuff like it. If it goes the super casual route first, it may very well have the advantage over Nintendo. If they focus on power and stuff that core gamers like, expect A LOT more exclusive DLC, and buying out more companies or at least making deals to aquire previous ps3 exclusives. Halo comes back and possibly Gears. Sony. Goes all-out again in the core gaming department, but will probably half-ass something "new" that the others have already done or are doing. Who knows if the 1st party keeps doing some old IPs or creates a bunch of new ones like this gen.
truebond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 truebond
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

I suspect cafe will be power by a gpu comparable to the hd 6670 and have 1gb of DDR3 ram, with a cpu similar to the xbox360 but more powerful. If it is less powerful than this, then I will not be interested in it. I will just game on my entry-level pc, and wait to see if Microsoft or Sony has what I want.

relicrk23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 relicrk23
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Cant really predict anything now because we know nothing about the new Xbox or PlayStation, but I think Sony will win the next generation. They started off bad this gen because of the sky high prices, but they kind of got it together the past year or so with their new marketing campaign. I think they have learned from their past mistakes. Nintendo will come second because of their system selling first party titles (Mario, Zelda), but their third party support is not so great, which is why i think they will lose next gen. Microsofts console is dead on arrival.