Let's face it, there are no PC games that take advantage of our hardware

• 193 results
#1 Edited by NoodleFighter (10464 posts) -

The cows are right my fellow hermits. Our best looking games on PC are just console ports that only look 1% better even with extra features and higher resolutions. All actual PC games are built to run on integrated graphics $200 laptops. Higher resolutions, FPS and even ray tracing are worthless as the cows have proven. High resolutions don't improve graphics at all and anything above 30fps second is just a gimmick.

My fellow hermits we have been scammed by Nvidia and AMD! Even paying more than $100 for a GPU is a scam. Consoles are the future of gaming and high end tech but these GPU manufacturers were able to fool us into buying a new GPU every month to basically play nothing but console ports at the same graphical fidelity. Nvidia is already trying to push fake 4k DLSS on us because our GPUs can't do real 4k like the consoles. They can run true 4k without some sort of checkerboarding technique unlike us PC peasants.

Cows have the right idea with small gifs as it is proof that their games actually look good in motion unlike our crappy PC games still shots being fake news.

Games like Total War with thousands of units on screen are not impressive because their graphics are not on par with the gaming gods such as God Of War and Uncharted 4. That demand they have for PC GPUs is really from crappy optimization as we all know if it were on consoles it could be optimized to have graphics just as good as God Of War!

The only upcoming PC game taking advantage of our hardware is Star Citzen/Squadron 42 and that is never coming out! We should be grateful that console gaming exist as PC gamings abysmal rapidly declining market would kill off not only high end and AAA games but gaming itself! I mean FFS look at the best we can do for graphics in upcoming PC games!

THHBO!!!!!

#2 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

Beautiful. An absolute besmirchment.

#3 Posted by Pedro (35486 posts) -

Fact:- You are wrong.

/thread.

#4 Posted by Macutchi (6855 posts) -

you should put a warning in the title letting people know they're about to download about 1.5Gb's worth of gifs. you need a beefy rig just to view the thread

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#5 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

The OP took as long to load as a console game...

#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (28415 posts) -

What a bloated and useless thread this is. Sheesh.

#7 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Archangel3371: The thread is actually glorious. Just takes a bit to load lol.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (51242 posts) -

Why are PC gamers always upset?

#9 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:

THHBO!!!!!

Indeed

THHBO!

I'm glad you backed up and reenforced your point by using all those gifs of:

• Console multiplats
  • Unplayable DEMOs of graphics that aren't from actual games
  • Chinese developed titles that are never translated outside of china
  • Unreleased PC games hyped for graphics that never release.

You've pointed out most hermits failing arguments all in one post saving us the trouble of having to point them out later.

Ace job!

One thing you showed did look interesting though.

What's the name and when did this come out?

I'd like to try this on my PC since it actually looks pretty sweet and isn't a demo or multiplat? like most of those other examples.

#10 Posted by Random_Matt (4294 posts) -

Who does the gamer call out? If PC had great optimisation then Nvidia and AMD would be out of business. Why cannot they produce three cards (Entry, Medium and High) and keep them for three years.

#11 Posted by DaVillain- (37589 posts) -

Bye bye PC gaming :(

Hello Google Stadia :)

#12 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

The cow damage control begins.

#13 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

They've spent a lot of money only to realize they've ended up with games that have marginally better looking games than console multiplats that still loose out to console exclusives.

I'd probably be upset too if I went into PC gaming expecting for the power of my hardware to actually be utilized for games the same way consoles do.

#14 Posted by Pedro (35486 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

If they were the ones upset, this thread wouldn't exist. :)

#15 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@freedomfreak said:

If they were the ones upset, this thread wouldn't exist. :)

That...literally doesn't make any sense lol.

Also

Can you tell me about this game since the TC didn't answer?

What's the name and when did this come out?

I'd like to try this on my PC since it actually looks pretty sweet and isn't a demo or multiplat? like most of those other examples.

#16 Posted by dzimm (5524 posts) -

Let's face it: I don't care as long as there are games I want to play.

If you really want to push your PC hardware to limits then buy X-Plane 11 and push all sliders to the right. If your PC can handle it...

#17 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@freedomfreak: Lol, PC gamers aren't the ones writing multiple paragraph responses.

#18 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31487 posts) -

These are the same people that say RTS don't count, right?

#19 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

Err umm

Can ANYONE tell me about this game since the TC didn't answer?

Name? When it released? Store sold on?

Or are people actually hyping graphics for a game that they literally have no fkn idea about?

#20 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: You're the only one desperately focusing on it. Look it up yourself and stop spamming the thread.

#21 Posted by NoodleFighter (10464 posts) -

@boxrekt: It's Project TL, NCsoft cancelled Lineage Eternal after getting feedback and transitioned over from their in house engine to Unreal Engine 4 and are starting over. Closed Beta is going to release sometime this year.

#22 Edited by Arkhalipso (2359 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:

I like how clueless people are about console gaming. But go on.

#23 Posted by Pedro (35486 posts) -

@boxrekt: It does make sense. You and your fellow whatever, are upset with PC gamers thus the reason for these threads. Why are you so upset?

#24 Posted by XVision84 (16332 posts) -

I dig the sarcasm lol

#25 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Arkhalipso: Not sure how he's clueless, consoles load slow. Thats why you're all hyped about Ssd's now lol.

#26 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: You're the only one desperately focusing on it. Look it up yourself and stop spamming the thread.

If you don't know what it is either then you need to sit down. I did't ask for your 2 cent.

This thread was made to hype PC graphics! But NOW it's a problem if someone want's to actually find out about one of the titles?

You're a little too opinionated for someone who also doesn't know what hell this title is.

Also suggesting I look up a game by a random gif that someone else posted? You need to stay in your lane cause you lil pop-off didn't even makes any sense.

#27 Posted by rmpumper (669 posts) -

Is that why even the "high-end" consoles are running games at medium settings? lol. Fail thread.

#28 Edited by Arkhalipso (2359 posts) -

@fedor: The only game I remember being really slow to load was Bloodborne when it came out. Other than that, no game is slow enough to the point where it's really noticeable or annoying.

Anyway, I was just referring to the exaggerated conceptions that people who have never played on a console have about consoles.

By the way, I don't think people are hyped about load times. They are hyped about how fast scenarios will be able to load, and since this will be the new norm (because consoles define the norm of most games, unlike PC), it will allow devs to make games where traversal is faster.

#29 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@boxrekt: Uh oh, he's getting mad!!! Lmao!!!

#30 Posted by with_teeth26 (9594 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@NoodleFighter said:

THHBO!!!!!

Indeed

THHBO!

I'm glad you backed up and reenforced your point by using all those gifs of:

• Console multiplats

You've pointed out most hermits failing arguments all in one post saving us the trouble of having to point them out later.

Ace job!

why the hell would you buy any of them on consoles if they are multiplats and you have a capable PC? you enjoy shit tier performance and super limited control options?

also, Hell Let Loose (the WW2 gifs) is in early access and fully playable. looks fantastic, 50v50 action on massive maps, already one of the best realistic MP shooters i've played.

pretty sure the same is true for the game with dudes using muskets and stuff (I think its called War Of Rights) but I haven't played that one myself

#31 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@NoodleFighter said:

@boxrekt: It's Project TL, NCsoft cancelled Lineage Eternal after getting feedback and transitioned over from their in house engine to Unreal Engine 4 and are starting over. Closed Beta is going to release sometime this year.

Oh...so not even an official name yet? And it's another unreleased game?

Thanks for getting my hopes up @NoodleFighter

@boxrekt said:

• Console multiplats

Ace job!

So in line with the standard set of amazing game graphics used for PC? Check

Ah never mind.

Thanks for the info I tho.

This is exactly what us console guys talk about when it comes to PC graphics.

Anyone remember Project EGO?

#32 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Arkhalipso: Pretty much everyone here including me and the guy you originally responded to own consoles. They go awfully slow when you get used to far faster storage methods.

#33 Edited by Arkhalipso (2359 posts) -

@fedor: Slow as compared to faster storage methods? Yeah. Slow overall? No. I couldn't care less whether a game takes 10, 5 or half a second to load, unless it takes a whole minute.

#34 Posted by watercrack445 (1742 posts) -

I guess Crysis 2 set the stage for graphic infidelity and that is what most PC devs care about.

#35 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Arkhalipso: Yes, slow overall. 5400rpm sata 2 is molasses.

#36 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

@Arkhalipso said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I like how clueless people are about console gaming. But go on.

(not pictured - 2 PS4 Pro's)

But go on

#37 Posted by Arkhalipso (2359 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: Then you don't really know what slow is pal.

#38 Posted by Juub1990 (8675 posts) -

So most people didn’t notie OP is being sarcastic?

#39 Posted by Arkhalipso (2359 posts) -

@fedor: Ah, I also forgot we live in land where every PC gamer has the lastest and most expensive tech available on their rig. My bad.

#40 Edited by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Arkhalipso: SSD's have been around for over a decade. "Latest and most expensive" they're cheap now too. LMAO!!!

#41 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

@fedor said:

@Arkhalipso: Yes, slow overall. 5400rpm sata 2 is molasses.

#42 Posted by pyro1245 (5162 posts) -

lololol

Man sometimes you just can't help but see.

#43 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

@fedor said:

@Arkhalipso: SSD's have been around for over a decade. "Latest and most expensive" they're cheap now too. LMAO!!!

Console kids only know about the tech Sony and Microsoft give them. And even that is a stretch...

#44 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3352 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:

So most people didn’t notie OP is being sarcastic?

Only those with fast internet.

#45 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: Lol, pretty much.

#46 Posted by Arkhalipso (2359 posts) -

@fedor: I wasn't referring to SSD's. It just reminds me of that time valve released some data showing that only 1% of their players played their games at 4k, so I'd assume the average PC gamer brags about things they don't have but could have.

#47 Posted by Gatygun (1564 posts) -
@Arkhalipso said:

@fedor: I wasn't referring to SSD's. It just reminds me of that time valve released some data showing that only 1% of their players played their games at 4k, so I'd assume the average PC gamer brags about things they don't have but could have.

Because 4k is utterly pointless, even people with 10k rigs don't sit at 4k It's a console tv thingy.

#48 Posted by Fedor (5277 posts) -

@Arkhalipso: Oh you wanna talk about the opt in steam survey stats? Sure lets do that. Currently there is over 500 million active accounts on steam with around 2% at 4k according to the opt in survey. Thats 10 million people playing at 4k, a resolution the large majority of console gamers are not capable of playing at.

Got any other unrelated things you wanna bring up?

#49 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@freedomfreak said:

They've spent a lot of money only to realize they've ended up with games that have marginally better looking games than console multiplats that still loose out to console exclusives.

I'd probably be upset too if I went into PC gaming expecting for the power of my hardware to actually be utilized for games the same way consoles do.

Both AMD NAVI and NV Turing has common wave32 compute model. NVIDIA WIN

Both AMD NAVI and NV Turing has common hardware async compute features. AMD WIN

Both AMD NAVI and NV Turing has common rapid pack math with deep learning features.

Both AMD NAVI year 2019 and NV Turing has common BVH raytracing hardware feature. NVIDIA WIN.

Both AMD NAVI year 2019 and NV Turing has common variable shading rate feature. AMD WIN (from Xbox One X). Better than Sony's pushed checkerboard hardware in PS4 Pro.

Both AMD NAVI and NV Turing has common raster conservative and ROV (raster order views) features. NVIDIA WIN.

Both AMD NAVI and NV Turing has common Tile Resource Level 4 features. AMD WIN.

Fusion X86 compute compatability with GPU forced X86 cache page size on both AMD and NV GPUs.

AMD's NAVI = near NVIDIA CUDA clone in terms of compute wavefront model. Hell, NAVI plays on NVIDIA's name.

#50 Posted by AJStyles (1030 posts) -

It’s true. No company invests actual money into PC gaming and there is nothing on PC that has pushed graphics since the days of Crysis.

And hermits have themselves to blame because they don’t buy games at full price like console gamers do.

Let me know when PC gets an exclusive with an actual high budget with mind blowing graphics because I have yet to see anything great in years.

And you are right, most PC games are just higher Resolution console ports. And most PC games don’t look as great as God Of War.

So much damn truth in this thread. Thank You Hermit for seeing the light.

All you need is PS4 now and PS5 when it comes out.