Lets face it: SONY owns 2018.

• 62 results
#1 Posted by henrythefifth (1953 posts) -

God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit... Sony has produced a steady stream of brilliant AAA exclusives all thru the year, games that have moved even the most jaded veteran gamers to tears of joy.

I mean who could've foreseen that God of War would score more perfect tens than RDR2???

And what has the competition been doing this year?

Well, MS has put out exclusives that were so poor, most Xbone fanboys now pretend those games do not even exist. Sea of Thieves anyone? No? Shame...

And Nintendo? Well, to be honest, I cannot name a single Nintendo exclusive this year that would've generated any noise among the gamers. At all.

So, as you can see from this witty and astonishingly accurate review or year 2018, the year is SONY, and SONY owns 2018. Fact.

So if you dont yet have PS4, its high time to get one. Its the console of the year, and the console of the generation. Of that, there is no doubt whatsoever.

#2 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -

Blog it, no one cares.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#3 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23388 posts) -

I don't think we need to face it. It's generally understood.

#4 Posted by phbz (3833 posts) -

Sony won 2018 but did not "own" it. For me Spider-Man was kind of a disappointment but GoW was excellent. MS shown improvements and FH4 is an amazing game plus the X is a fantastic console. Nintendo did great too even with weaker line up then last year. Good year for the 3 I'll risk to say.

#5 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:

Blog it, no one cares.

^ this. At this point the trolling is just annoying

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

No shit Henry. Why wouldn't Sony owned 2018?

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (38375 posts) -

Detroit got a 7 here and probably sold like crap

@henrythefifth said:

God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit... Sony has produced a steady stream of brilliant AAA exclusives all thru the year, games that have moved even the most jaded veteran gamers to tears of joy.

I mean who could've foreseen that God of War would score more perfect tens than RDR2???

And what has the competition been doing this year?

Well, MS has put out exclusives that were so poor, most Xbone fanboys now pretend those games do not even exist. Sea of Thieves anyone? No? Shame...

And Nintendo? Well, to be honest, I cannot name a single Nintendo exclusive this year that would've generated any noise among the gamers. At all.

So, as you can see from this witty and astonishingly accurate review or year 2018, the year is SONY, and SONY owns 2018. Fact.

So if you dont yet have PS4, its high time to get one. Its the console of the year, and the console of the generation. Of that, there is no doubt whatsoever.

TIL a stream of brilliant AAA games = 2

#8 Posted by Boycie (4596 posts) -

Shame they undermined such a good year with the PS classic.

Should have been a love letter to the PS, but instead was a minimum effort piece of crap.

#9 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

Nope, everyone knows I own.... all. :P

#10 Posted by sakaiXx (4199 posts) -

Sony been dominating the market for the past 5 years...

#11 Posted by Planeforger (17823 posts) -

Sony had one great game back in April, and another good game a few months ago.

It's not exactly slaying the competition, no matter how desperately you try to spin it.

#12 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

Even I would say Sony won 2018....if it were a race. Not sure how you had the cojones to mention Detroit as somehow being a fun, or good game though.

Still, horses for courses....they haven't done anything to convert me. Not one decent FPS exclusive - the best looking, best performing ones are on x1x. No competition for fh4, and as much as you obviously need to knock it, Sea of Thieves is the type of laidback fun game sorely missing on PS4. Little gems like ori and cuphead, along with the overwhelmingly better features and support on Xbox means I get a much better experience where I am.

#13 Posted by Planeforger (17823 posts) -

@henrythefifth: How are two AAAE games "a steady stream of brilliant AAA exclusives all thru the year"?

Or are you saying that's a great year, relative to the PS4's usual offerings?

#14 Posted by BlackBalls (876 posts) -

Pretty much. The only year they didn't own was 2017, Nintendo killed it.

#15 Posted by jcrame10 (4479 posts) -

@MonsieurX: 2 is a smaller number, but still larger than Nintendo and microsoft

#16 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -

Aside from SotC, God of War and Spiderman, I haven't really touched my PS4.

Great exclusives, no doubt about it, but PC still owns this year.

#17 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

Sometimes words cannot adequately convey how sad and pathetic a thread is. Sometimes one can only lower their head and shake it from side to side. So with that said.........SMH.

PS. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out tomorrow and itโ€™s going to be AMAZING!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

#18 Edited by lebanese_boy (14944 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

Sometimes words cannot adequately convey how sad and pathetic a thread is. Sometimes one can only lower their head and shake it from side to side. So with that said.........SMH.

PS. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out tomorrow and itโ€™s going to be AMAZING!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Sometimes all you need is a picture:

#19 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

@lebanese_boy: That works very well also. ๐Ÿ˜‚

#20 Posted by svaubel (4093 posts) -

Cows grasping for straws again. Sony only having two big exclusives in a year is somehow crushing the competition? Switch's lineup was way better and one of its biggest games drops tonight.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#21 Edited by storm_of_swords (2495 posts) -

Definitely not for me. I was not interested in a single PS4 exclusive this year and I ended up finally selling my PS4 this year since I was getting no value from it. The Nintendo Switch has been my favorite of 2018.

#22 Posted by dzimm (5068 posts) -

But I don't own a Sony, so who wins?

#23 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Genuinely curious. How does a platform that doesn't have rdr2, gow or Spiderman (to name 3 games) own 2018 in your book?

#24 Posted by djoffer (892 posts) -

Sony had one great game back in April, and another good game a few months ago.

It's not exactly slaying the competition, no matter how desperately you try to spin it. But it is funny that this without a doubt has been the best year for the PS4, but I think that more goes to show how redundant PS4 and Xbox is compared to pc!

#25 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@R4gn4r0k: Genuinely curious. How does a platform that doesn't have rdr2, gow or Spiderman (to name 3 games) own 2018 in your book?

I can answer that question.

On the PC side, there's so much buttload of games on PC, and games like RDR2 is coming to PC somewhere next year or so, we all know it's coming, so no point in playing it on console and some of us would rather play 3rd party games that are high profile like Battlefield V, Call of Duty Black Ops 4, Fortnite, you name it. Even I can say the same that PC totally owns 2018. (Well, PC always wins really)

I did enjoy playing God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Spyro remastered, and Marvel's Spider-Man on my PS4 but nothing comes close to on the PC.

#26 Edited by Ezekiel43 (729 posts) -

The old God of Wars were better. At least that's what I feel from my first two hours of playing this bland reboot. I could elaborate, but you wouldn't understand anyway. Sony should have left the cinematic walk and talk games to Naughty Dog and let God of War be God of War. I know people like to bitch that the formula grew stale, but there were better directions to take the series that this.

#27 Posted by Techhog89 (3091 posts) -

Can you stop making threads please?

#28 Posted by Mandzilla (2133 posts) -

Sony did have a superb 2018, really impressed with their consistent quality in first party releases. Not my type of games personally, but gotta give credit where credit is due.

#29 Posted by VERTIGO47 (7041 posts) -

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#30 Posted by drummerdave9099 (3931 posts) -

Remember back when cows were mocking lems for only having 3 exclusives a year?

#31 Posted by Zero_epyon (12817 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

The old God of Wars were better. At least that's what I feel from my first two hours of playing this bland reboot. I could elaborate, but you wouldn't understand anyway. Sony should have left the cinematic walk and talk games to Naughty Dog and let God of War be God of War. I know people like to bitch that the formula grew stale, but there were better directions to take the series that this.

keep playing

#32 Posted by StormyJoe (7692 posts) -

@henrythefifth: All I read was "moo".

#33 Posted by Zero_epyon (12817 posts) -

It was certainly a good year. That $199 Spiderman Bundle was bananas.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#34 Edited by Blackhairedhero (2352 posts) -

I loved GoW and Spiderman, Detroit:BH was trash.

I hope Quantic Dream is the studio MS buys so they can stop releasing their trash on Playstation.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#35 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4059 posts) -

Thank you Sony

SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION

#36 Posted by KBFloYd (21066 posts) -

nah

#37 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (17947 posts) -

Lol, loving these cow insecurity threads.

#38 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -

@sealionact said:

Because right now you can get Company of Heroes 2 for free

Because Below is coming out next week

Because it has the best version of Battlefield V

Because it gets unique exclusives like Rising Storm 2 or Insurgency Sandstorm

PC is the best platform of 2018 hands down.

#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@sealionact said:

On the PC side, there's so much buttload of games on PC, and games like RDR2 is coming to PC somewhere next year or so, we all know it's coming, so no point in playing it on console and some of us would rather play 3rd party games that are high profile like Battlefield V, Call of Duty Black Ops 4, Fortnite, you name it. Even I can say the same that PC totally owns 2018. (Well, PC always wins really)

I did enjoy playing God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Spyro remastered, and Marvel's Spider-Man on my PS4 but nothing comes close to on the PC.

That's the lamest excuse ever Dav. You didn't answer the question with anything other than jibberish.

"On the PC side there's so much buttload of games on PC" and mention not ONE.

RDR2 is coming to PC, we all know its coming, no need to play it on console. Then you proceed to go on to trash RDR2 by saying some of us would rather play 3rd party games that are high profile (RDR2 is not 3rd party or high profile WTF) like Battlefield/Black Ops/Fortnite which are also on console lol.

You just destroyed your own PC argument, but considering I know you're a secret cow, you did a good job on sabotaging the PC, a job well done for the cow in the closet lol.

#40 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Thanks for your reasoning ..... I don't see any of those games compensating the lack of games available on console though. Below is out on Xbox too, and it of course depends on your configuration as to whether any game is the best version on PC. If your PC beats 4K 60fps (targetted), then likely you spent a lot more than $500 on it, Rising Storm 2 came out last year. Sandstorm looks kinda interesting, but again ... I wouldn't swap it for RDR2.

#41 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@sealionact said:

RDR2 coming to PC next year, doesn't help your argument that it's the platform of this year.

#42 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

I love the Sony won 2018 narrative, hopefully this thread lasts longer then its games as Forza Horizon 4 lasts longer than all of Sony's first party offerings this year, even after the updates to offer new difficulty and new game+ lol.

#43 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@R4gn4r0k: Thanks for your reasoning ..... I don't see any of those games compensating the lack of games available on console though. Below is out on Xbox too, and it of course depends on your configuration as to whether any game is the best version on PC. If your PC beats 4K 60fps (targetted), then likely you spent a lot more than $500 on it, Rising Storm 2 came out last year. Sandstorm looks kinda interesting, but again ... I wouldn't swap it for RDR2.

Below is on Xbox yes, but then Spiderman and God of War are not.

Since you are using both Xbox and PS4 now, you are spending more than 500 bucks too.

Just because I game on PC, doesn't mean I have to miss out on RDR 2 either. I could buy it for my PS4 or Xbone right now, I just won't. Been playing Rockstar games on PC since 1997 and I will continue to play those games there.

Rising Storm 2 came out last year, sure, but it became an instant classic in 2018 thanks to continuous free updates and new content.

#44 Posted by Jendeh (49 posts) -

Sony has been providing high quality exclusives for years now and thus has earned my loyalty. For now. If Microsoft figures out how to make good games again then we'll see what happens. My current plans for next gen are to get the PS5 day one and do a wait and see on the next XBox.

#45 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@i_p_daily: WTF are you talking about?

#46 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1513 posts) -

3 games...

1 true AAA

1 AA

1 A... if that.

Amazing...

#47 Posted by Dagubot (1017 posts) -

Henry is that person that just makes stupid threads and when he gets trashed on by everyone; he never responds to anyone; just continues to lurk like a trundle and continue to make stupid threads. What a special one he is...

#48 Posted by mojito1988 (3292 posts) -

Well not for me. My favorite game this year Octopath Traveler, is a Switch Exclusive. Pokรฉmon Eevee? Switch Exclusive. Xenoblade Chronilces Torna the Golden Country? Switch Exclusive. Smash Ultimate? Switch Exclusive. I am VERY much in love with my Switch.

The games that I love on Ps4 this year are not even the exclusives (Like Assassin's Creed Odyssey/Spyro Reignited Trilogy). God of War did not really impress me, and I'm not into Spider Man as a Character.

For me this year is Switch>PC>Ps4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbone.

#49 Posted by blamix (715 posts) -

They do now with God of War winning GOTY at The Game Awards

#50 Posted by koko-goal (1120 posts) -

PC owns, but Sony bested other platform holders this year.

@KBFloYd said:

nah

Go play Pokemon 20 with its PS2 graphics! They finally updated the graphics; no N64 graphics anymore!