Let's call it like it is, the X1X is NOT a true 4K machine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

People(including me) made and are still making fun of the PS4 Pro because is incapable of running many games at 4K. Xbox fans were calling the Xbox One X a "true 4K console" because it was previously believe it would run ALL current titles at 4K. The release of the X1X has proven this to be false. Now I know the X1X probably runs 80%+ of its games at 4K but where is the cut off? 50%? 80%? We can't just arbitrarily set a percentage to call a console a true 4K machine.

Neither the X1X nor the PS4 Pro runs every game at 4K. Doesn't matter if it's 80% or 90%. In conclusion, the X1X is NOT a true 4K machine.

@Xplode_games@ronvalencia@kuu2 you all should man up and admit it.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Truely Dynamic 4k

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

Who said all? Anyway World of tanks in True 4K and HDR is fantastic.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

I don't think anybody said all games will be native 4K....it's obvious that is not possible. When the flops were announced it was obvious.

How many anti X1X threads a day are you going to make?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

People(including me) made and are still making fun of the PS4 Pro because is incapable of running many games at 4K. Xbox fans were calling the Xbox One X a "true 4K console" because it was previously believe it would run ALL current titles at 4K. The release of the X1X has proven this to be false. Now I know the X1X probably runs 80%+ of its games at 4K but where is the cut off? 50%? 80%? We can't just arbitrarily set a percentage to call a console a true 4K machine.

Neither the X1X nor the PS4 Pro runs every game at 4K. Doesn't matter if it's 80% or 90%. In conclusion, the X1X is NOT a true 4K machine.

@Xplode_games@ronvalencia@kuu2 you all should man up and admit it.

pretty sure nobody thought all games. it's developer dependent. i'm pretty sure 100% of games don't run in 4k on even the best PC rigs. With that said, gears 4 in 4k HDR is amazing.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
@jtothamtothap said:

I don't think anybody said all games will be native 4K....it's obvious that is not possible. When the flops were announced it was obvious.

It's not an anti X1X thread. People have made outlandish claims. It's time to own up to them.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JtoThaMtoThaP

@Juub1990 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

It's not an anti X1X thread. People have made outlandish claims. It's time to own up to them.

But you already made a thread about that. Anyway, most sane people knew and know that this console can't run every game in native 4K but what it can do is impressive for the price. Forza 7 native 4K/60FPS and Gears 4 native 4K/30fps with a nice set of ASSets. And as time goes on, devs will be able to improve their games on this easy to dev for console.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juub1990
@jtothamtothap said:

But you already made a thread about that. Anyway, most sane people knew and know that this console can't run every game in native 4K but what it can do is impressive for the price. Forza 7 native 4K/60FPS and Gears 4 native 4K/30fps with a nice set of ASSets. And as time goes on, devs will be able to improve their games on this easy to dev for console.

It is indeed a good piece of machinery.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Marketing isnt about truth.

Sony marketed multiplats as first party games the entire beginning of this gen.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JtoThaMtoThaP

@Juub1990 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

It is indeed a good piece of machinery.

I laughed when MS said true 4K machine at their E3....they all BS

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49565 Posts

You should stop letting an inanimate object bother you. Use your other thread.