Lets all just go down the 360 road.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxxarlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxxarlow
Member since 2004 • 992 Posts
Do you not think the reason the PS2 was and still is such a success is that it had almost no competition. 

We'd all benefit from having 1 main console that all parties can invest in.

Give the 360 KM support and the vast majority of PC gamers would be happy.  There'd be zero piracy, so developers would make outstanding games. 

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
yeah im sorry, I dont like dead ends....
I want all consoles to do well so we arent forced to play "Halo 12: New Halo found...Again!" ...choice good, and it forces devs to produce better games, and forces hardware devs to produce better machines...Without competition, there would be no reason for MS to upgrade Xbox360 ever again.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
I want all consoles to do well so we arent forced to play "Halo 12: New Halo found...Again!" ...choice good, and it forces devs to produce better games, and forces hardware devs to produce better machines...Without competition, there would be no reason for MS to upgrade Xbox360 ever again.
Viviath
So you don't mind playing FF 13. thus the reason I don't like the PS 3 too many sequals and the original games are not interesting aside from HS and WKS.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
That's okay, I don't like the 360. So you're idea is lame.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

[QUOTE="Viviath"]yeah im sorry, I dont like dead ends....
too_much_eslim
So you don't mind playing FF 13. thus the reason I don't like the PS 3 too many sequals and the original games are not interesting aside from HS and WKS.

The only sequal to a FF game was FF-X2... Thats it.

None of the rest are sequals. YOU FAIL!

And yes the PS2 did have competition... Crappy competition.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Seeing a lot of the 360's titles coming to PC, I am going to have to disagree with you. I would rather play close to three libraries than be stuck with one or two.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Viviath
too_much_eslim

you might want to check up on your Final Fantasy history...they are not sequals...the only thing that remains the same is the name of the game and perhaps a few names reused, but the stories are different, and so are the characters...except for X-2 and the new FFVII spin offs
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
We'd all benefit from having 1 main console that all parties can invest in.xxxarlow
you know the PS3? know its cost? it's kinda steep, isn't it. now imagine that with zero competition.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

You guys are right I know that, but I get tired of hearing the name Final fantasy. I mean just give it a different title. It just annoys me.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Viviath

You guys are right I know that, but I get tired of hearing the name Final fantasy. I mean just give it a different title. It just annoys me.

too_much_eslim
there is a history behind the name...they wont change it, its quite significant to them because at one point, Final Fantasy represented Squares "final fantasy"
xxxarlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxxarlow
Member since 2004 • 992 Posts
Viviath

Your concept of competition doesnt really work out.  There is a highly competitive market at the moment and still console and game developers arent raising the bar. 

PC games are almost extinct compared to a few years ago with only a few games a month, 1 or 2 outstanding a year.

Wii has settled for attracting non-gamers with parlour tricks.

PS3 hasnt raised any bars and still hasnt released in europe (maybe more delays,september).  The games that they're showcasing still have 1 to 2 years until they come.

The 360 seems to be the only platform that has a strong community with games that deliver and that advance gaming as a whole.

With the PS2 it came down to the game developers competing to raise the bar.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I got another idea. Lets support our favorite gaming console and let our choice influence gaming history :D
Personally the 360 road isn't my way to go.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Viviath
xxxarlow

Your concept of competition doesnt really work out. There is a highly competitive market at the moment and still console and game developers arent raising the bar.

PC games are almost extinct compared to a few years ago with only a few games a month, 1 or 2 outstanding a year.

Wii has settled for attracting non-gamers with parlour tricks.

PS3 hasnt raised any bars and still hasnt released in europe (maybe more delays,september). The games that they're showcasing still have 1 to 2 years until they come.

The 360 seems to be the only platform that has a strong community with games that deliver and that advance gaming as a whole.

With the PS2 it came down to the game developers competing to raise the bar.

lets think for a second here....Sony and Nintendo decide, Its time to stop making consoles and games...So now all we have Xbox. Sure we can expect the devs to all move to Xbox...but why on earth would MS change systems...Heck they could keep the Xbox out there for 10-15 years because they have no fear that any other console is gonna out shine them. And if they decide to slack on XBL...so what, its not like gamers have another choice. Once they are done milking it substantially (10+ years) they can decide...ok, I think its time for a new system...no need to make it too good, heck who are we competing with? lets just upgrade the graphics card a lil because by default, our system will be the best selling one.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

I will go down the 360 road once it becomes cheaper and stop having hardware problems. My cousin got a 360 for Christmas and less than a month it screwed up on him and he is now on his 2nd one and I doubt it will last for years.

The 360 hardware problems are just stupid. If MS is gonna make you pay +400 for their system at least make the thing capable of lasting 10+ years.

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
I agree, there are clearly stability issues with the 360. I have one made in November 2005 and I have luckily had no problems with it, but too many people have had issues with their consoles breaking.

Microsoft should have done a better job of outsourcing the manufacturing of these consoles and managing them. Total Quality Management doesn't appear to be quite there. The 360 has the reputation now of being an unreliable piece of hardware compared to its competition.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

The PS3 road is down a big hill with lots of twists and turns.  

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
too_much_eslim

Each final fantasy game has a different story, is set in a different world and has different characters.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

Give the 360 KM support and the vast majority of PC gamers would be happy. 

xxxarlow
So first off, no one wants to give up on the console they just bought. everyone wants theirs to be the one major console, that's why we have this pointless little forum.

secondly, any of the 3 consoles could be made this way. they all have usb slots, and their own specialty (well, i don't know what the ps3's specialty is, but...), so it's a gridlock right now.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts

[QUOTE="xxxarlow"]

Give the 360 KM support and the vast majority of PC gamers would be happy.

paullywog

So first off, no one wants to give up on the console they just bought. everyone wants theirs to be the one major console, that's why we have this pointless little forum.

secondly, any of the 3 consoles could be made this way. they all have usb slots, and their own specialty (well, i don't know what the ps3's specialty is, but...), so it's a gridlock right now.

-Best Graphics (soon)
-Best Physics/AI
-Blu-Ray for large HD games and movies
-Motion sensing and conventional gaming all in one
-And most 3rd party support

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
Sorry but I don't like where Xbox is going. I dunno how to explain it, but I think Xbox is too McDonald-ish. You know... our childhood was with PS and Nintendo, but Xbox is too ''commercial'' and it doesn't have great games like Zelda, MGS, Okami, SotC, SSB and all that stuff... It has mostly violent, mindless shooters. Cheap games. That's what I don't like