Let E3 Come Before You Guys Rant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 High_Spy
Member since 2006 • 475 Posts

I honestly think we should let The E3 Media and Business Summit (Formerly known as Electronic Entertainment Expo) really decide the future of all the games being released on consoles, before everyone starts ranting about "sales". One thing that's really peeved me is the overhyping of MGS 4, leading people to believe the PS3 will topple the 360 sales wise. That's a pretty hard task if you think about it. Not only does the 360 ALREADY have an array of games coming out, and not ONLY is the 360 finally diversifying genre wise, but another nice bounty of games will be previewed at e3. So what I'm saying is that we should see which console has more games coming out and being previewed at e3 before we start to rant about sales.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
Ranting about sales is silly regardless.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

The ps3 powered by MGS4 will crush everything in its wake , time to accept the inevitable. Our the Metal Gear Messiah will deliver us from gaming mediocrity and take us on a journey of enlightenment. MGS4 is likely to overshadow the whole E3 event this year , which a just a contrived mass media matrix for the uninformed anyway. Everyone will still be talking about the substance and tangible greatness of MGS4 , not that PR event. Good luck wii60 kids , good luck ...... tha is all I wish for you.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

I honestly think we should let The E3 Media and Business Summit (Formerly known as Electronic Entertainment Expo) really decide the future of all the games being released on consoles, before everyone starts ranting about "sales". One thing that's really peeved me is the overhyping of MGS 4, leading people to believe the PS3 will topple the 360 sales wise. That's a pretty hard task if you think about it. Not only does the 360 ALREADY have an array of games coming out, and not ONLY is the 360 finally diversifying genre wise, but another nice bounty of games will be previewed at e3. So what I'm saying is that we should see which console has more games coming out and being previewed at e3 before we start to rant about sales.

High_Spy

because PS3 only has MGS4 coming out.....

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

I'm not to concerned about MGS4! Its been milked abit too long with the hype. I hope Sony do have something new and orignal to show rather than the same ol, same ol. I really do wanna buy one but yet to be impressed by any game but GT5: Prolog.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts
[QUOTE="High_Spy"]

II_Seraphim_II

call us when the shuttle lands......
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I would like to see something for God of War III.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
[QUOTE="High_Spy"]

II_Seraphim_II

What other game is coming out on it in the near future. Not talking Q4 here.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 II_Seraphim_II
Info on God of War 3, Twisted Metal: Black 2, Team Ico IP, and Resistance 2 would make my day perfect :D
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]

JLF1

i never said anytihng about the near future. TC implied that PS3 fans should not hype the PS3s success due to MGS4 because X360 has many more games coming out such as Gears 2 and Banjo 3, and im telling him that his arguement is flawed because PS3 also has games coming out.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
Info on God of War 3, Twisted Metal: Black 2, Team Ico IP, and Resistance 2 would make my day perfect :DII_Seraphim_II

I wonder what magic Team Ico can do with the PS3.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]

JLF1

Prologue
Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
Ranting about sales is silly when there's already a clearly defined winner.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
when is E3, by the way ,
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
Is Black 2 in production for 360/ps3?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Info on God of War 3, Twisted Metal: Black 2, Team Ico IP, and Resistance 2 would make my day perfect :DJLF1

I wonder what magic Team Ico can do with the PS3.

There's already a concept screenshot. The codename for the game is "ICO3"

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
I expect this year's E3 to be pretty good for Sony (fantastic even), MS will probably have a good showing too compared to last year (yeah um this is what 07 is going to be like), I have a feeling though that Nintendo will suffer the same fate as Sony's E3 06
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

High_Spy

Most "suprise" games announced at E3 wont be coming out till 09. As for you arguement about "sales", the PS3 is currently outselling the 360 in EVERY region and even if the 360 improves in NA it will not be enough to counter act the PS3s worldwide sales.

And if I recall last year, MS had no surprises at E3, thier "focus" was on what was releasing that year..i.e. games we already knew about. MGS4 gets hype because it one of the rare good games that actually does well based off story and gameplay and doesnt depend strongly on ONLINE deathmatch.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
yeah i wanna see what geow looks like at e3, they said expect 4x better then gears 1, so what does that mean? better physcis and frames or more detail? or all that?