Lens Of Truth PS3 Battlefield 3 Beta vs. Killzone 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Well Lens Of Truth is at it again, here you go. It's clear that Killzone 3 is a graphical beast.

Lens Of Truth PS3 Battlefield 3 vs. Killzone 3

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-battlefield-3-ps3-beta-vs-killzone-3-analysis/

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Killzone 3 looked amazing, especially in 3D. But I honestly prefer the look of Killzone 2 over it. Killzone 2 has the best graphics on consoles IMO. Maybe Killzone 3 is more advanced on the technical side of things, but I like Killzone 2's overly exaggerated special effects and motion blur, along with it's dark gritty feel. It just looks epic when you're playing it. :) And yes, I played Crysis 2 and no I wasn't too impressed. It ran like crap at times with so many framerate drops compared to Killzone 3 which ran buttery smooth and honestly it just didn't look as good anyways(had worse animations, the gun models looked worse, and it ran at a lower resolution to top it off). It might be a slightly more advanced engine-wise, but who really cares about that? It's all about the looks and the performance and Killzone 2-3 are unmatched on console FPS.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
and which one is the duller game? KZ3.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

beta vs real product

I lol'd

rich-sac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rich-sac
Member since 2011 • 420 Posts

and which one is the duller game? KZ3.percech

COD health (BF3) will never beat Killzone games

rich-sac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rich-sac
Member since 2011 • 420 Posts

Killzone 3 looked amazing, especially in 3D. But I honestly prefer the look of Killzone 2 over it. Killzone 2 has the best graphics on consoles IMO. Maybe Killzone 3 is more advanced on the technical side of things, but I like Killzone 2's overly exaggerated special effects and motion blur, along with it's dark gritty feel. It just looks epic when you're playing it. :) And yes, I played Crysis 2 and no I wasn't too impressed. It ran like crap at times with so many framerate drops compared to Killzone 3 which ran buttery smooth and honestly it just didn't look as good anyways(had worse animations, the gun models looked worse, and it ran at a lower resolution to top it off). It might be a slightly more advanced engine-wise, but who really cares about that? It's all about the looks and the performance and Killzone 2-3 are unmatched on console FPS. Messiahbolical-

KZ2 technically > KZ3. KZ3 just looks sharper and have better polygons, draw distance because of what they sacrificed from KZ2. gun muzzle fire dont cast shadows anymore, smoke, explosions, shrapnel are tuned down, max player count cut, motion blur decreased, smaller levels, etc. I think KZ2 with MLAA would be the console graphics king

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

BF3 64 players, on ultra with jets, tanks ect...

just doesn't compare with KZ3

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

These comparisons are just getting dumber.

Lets just compare a beta and finished product of two completely random and different games.:roll:

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

and which one is the duller game? KZ3.percech

Have you ever played the game?.Or just hate it for no reason like most people on SW?.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

These comparisons are just getting dumber.

Lets just compare a beta and finished product of two completely random and different games.:roll:

2Chalupas
how are they different? it's common sense or rather logical to compare both being military First person shooters. Chill! (obviously different in characters, design, etc)
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]and which one is the duller game? KZ3.Promised_Trini

Have you ever played the game?.Or just hate it for no reason like most people on SW?.

agreed K3 is good...more FPS need the slide to cover mechanic..it's so neat. Sadly K3 fell short story/design-wise. Didn't like the levels or characters.
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

[QUOTE="Promised_Trini"]

[QUOTE="percech"]and which one is the duller game? KZ3.soapandbubbles

agreed K3 is good...more FPS need the slide to cover mechanic..it's so neat. Sadly K3 fell short story/design-wise. Didn't like the levels or characters.

I'll agree on the story wise part.