LEGO City Undercover full trailer [WiiU exclusive - for now...]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWoFmNNzTY

Who needs GTA when you got this? ;)

#2 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

Love the humor, variation and easter eggs.

Maybe this will turn out to be fun.

#3 Posted by EPaul (9917 posts) -

I can see this going multiplatform soon

#4 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

I gotta admit this actually looks pretty damn fun.

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -
gta killer confirmed
#6 Posted by glez13 (9793 posts) -

That actually looks good. Will it have co-op like all the other lego games?

#7 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

gta killer confirmed mems_1224

GTA4 was a turd, still waiting on an open world game. Haven't cared for one since Vice City, which was a masterpiece. I'm hoping it will either be Watch Dogs or this.

#8 Posted by locopatho (23176 posts) -
I like the Lego games. Solid fun.

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]gta killer confirmed SuperFlakeman

GTA4 was a turd, still waiting on an open world game. Haven't cared for one since Vice City, which was a masterpiece. I'm hoping it will either be Watch Dogs or this.

You didn't even like San Andreas? Dam son, those be some high standards.
#9 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

I like the Lego games. Solid fun. [QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]gta killer confirmed locopatho

Hehe, I didn't play it. 

During that time (2003-2006) I was exclusively playing PC, mostly online (counter-strike, warcraft 3, world of warcraft). I missed out alot of games I know I would have considered gems, such as Resident Evil 4 and Paper Mario TTYD.

#10 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I like the Lego games. Solid fun. [QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

SuperFlakeman

Hehe, I didn't play it. 

During that time (2003-2006) I was exclusively playing PC, mostly online (counter-strike, warcraft 3, world of warcraft). I missed out alot of games I know I would have considered gems, such as Resident Evil 4 and Paper Mario TTYD.

Have you played Saints Row The Third or Sleeping Dogs? They were pretty awesome open world games.
#11 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
Shame it's a Wii U exclusive.. it would sell really well on other platforms and make them a LOT more money.
#12 Posted by locopatho (23176 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I like the Lego games. Solid fun. [QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

SuperFlakeman

Hehe, I didn't play it. 

Well seek out San Andreas. It's on PS2, Xbox, 360/PS3 online stores, and PC. It's one of the best games ever, certainly one of the best open world games ever. Play it and report back :D :P
#13 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34398 posts) -
Shame it's a Wii U exclusive.. it would sell really well on other platforms and make them a LOT more money.Rattlesnake_8
Eh, TT games already has the multiplatform LEGO Marvel coming out, so no point really as that will sell more not just the fact that it's a multiplat, but it's based on the Marvel Universe.
#14 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -
Looks fun.
#15 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Shame it's a Wii U exclusive.. it would sell really well on other platforms and make them a LOT more money.nintendoboy16
Eh, TT games already has the multiplatform LEGO Marvel coming out, so no point really as that will sell more not just the fact that it's a multiplat, but it's based on the Marvel Universe.

Besides isn't one of the reason that its exclusive is the fact that Lego games sell more on Nintendo hardware? ?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#16 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

Shame it's a Wii U exclusive.. it would sell really well on other platforms and make them a LOT more money.Rattlesnake_8
Nintendo is funding it; also they are making a 3DS version but it is completely different to the Wii U version.

#17 Posted by AznbkdX (4257 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] You didn't even like San Andreas? Dam son, those be some high standards.locopatho

Hehe, I didn't play it. 

Well seek out San Andreas. It's on PS2, Xbox, 360/PS3 online stores, and PC. It's one of the best games ever, certainly one of the best open world games ever. Play it and report back :D :P

GTA is awful. You should feel bad for liking it. :P

#18 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
Just to clarify, funded by Nintendo, will probably never go multiplat unless it pulls a ME1.
#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34398 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bzyBIJUSYbg

Here's another trailer.

#20 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

I might actually pick this up when I get a Wii U. It looks like alot of fun.

#22 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -
Looks like fun. My Rayman Legends money will go towards this.
#23 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

it looks god awful.

i thought it was a great idea then went on youtube and looked up people playing it at conventions to see what the actual gameplay looks like  and you cannot even imagine how terrible it looks.

a trailer is one thing but if you want to see the grim reality here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZ-vxCfWVg

#24 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -

it looks god awful.

i thought it was a great idea then went on youtube and looked up people playing it at conventions to see what the actual gameplay looks like  and you cannot even imagine how terrible it looks.

Riverwolf007
A demo from eight months ago doesn't prove anything.
#25 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

it looks god awful.

OreoMilkshake

A demo from eight months ago doesn't prove anything.

hmm. believe gameplay or believe a trailer. hmm. tough call. ;)

#26 Posted by Wiiyou (650 posts) -

Never played a Lego game but this looks fun :oops:

#28 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34398 posts) -

Eh, that trailer didn't do anything for me. It didn't look bad, but it didn't look particularily interesting either. Compared to the last GTAV trailer, it just pales in comparison.

Slashkice
Kind of... unfair to compare to GTA, isn't it? Considering that LEGO City has a different approach. And to be honest, LEGO City is more True Crime, rather than GTA.
#30 Posted by mariokart64fan (20702 posts) -

nintendos not gonna let this go multiplatform for quite some time,ubisoft only made rayman multiplat is because some one higher up made them do it